February 2009 Parents # 63

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#26 White-Lily

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

Congratulations melita on the birth of Jasper

Qld Ladies stay safe and dry! Thinking of you all!

Hope your supplies see you through and you dont have to evacuate Renee

#27 leita

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

Gosh, thinking of you Queensland girls- fingers crossed the water recedes quickly and doesn't damage your homes. Stay safe.

#28 crazy*cat*lady

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to update those not on facebook.

Lisa (mummabub) is in a higher area and was not expecting any flood issues.

Robyn (summerbub) had her house sand bagged and she evacuated to family, house is safe with no flooding.

Ali (fallen~from~grace) has electricity back on and all seems well.

Sandra (Janbabayboy) has water back on (no word on electricity), but out of the way of flood waters

Beck (pottedpetunia) was high and dry.

We are high and dry too.

It's been a stressful & surreal couple of days.  To top it off they have started talking about the possibility of a cyclone hitting on Australia day...  yay!

I hope everyone else is well.

#29 White-Lily

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for the update Renee. Glad to hear everyone is safe and dry and that everyones homes have escaped damage.

Fingers crossed it stays that way!!

Edited by White-Lily, 13 January 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#30 LEGs-R-US

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

.... AH Internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

This is bliss!

#31 3'sacrowd

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

I have power biggrin.gif .Hope everyone is safe.

We finally have power back after almost 6 days.It's been one LONG wk with two very busy toddlers.We also didn't have water and I mean done for about 2 days.We live about 15 mins from the Wivenhoe Dam. We are lucky,we are up pretty high,but the houses',fuel station all went under  sad.gif The rain started early Tuesday morning on (Cohen's bday) and it bucketed down for hours.I have never seen rain like that. We couldn't leave fernvale at all cause it was all blocked off and when we managed to get out it was a mission to find a fuel station or money out of the atm cause most places had no power.

We went to Ryder's parents house finally.Couldn't call as the phone lines were down and they were very lucky too.They live off the Bremer river and the water came within a metre of the back of the neighbors across the road,but the people below them all their houses were under.When I saw it I bawled my eyes out.
I feel so sorry for them. cry1.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif

Glad your safe Renee and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hope you had a lovely day biggrin.gif

Congratulations to Melita on Jasper.Gorgeous name

Im exhausted I'm off to bed.

#32 tinkster23

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

So glad you're safe original.gif

Its so scary watching from the safety of the other side of the country, I can't even imagine being there

#33 NurseGladys

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

Hi girls, remember me?????

I know its been along time and I am sorry for being so slack but I am still officially on Workers Comp (can't remember if I told you girls that I had an accident at work.)  I am closer to 100% now but it has been hard to sit at the computer but now that I am feeling better I hope to be here more often.  Have been keeping up on Facebook periodically but it is not the same as here.

Renee - Congrats love!!!!!  Did think you were pg buit didn't want to "out" you on Facebook but am happy to hear that you are - hooray another baby on the way!!!!!

Questions:-

Can you believe our babies are 2?  What? No, he is still my baby right?  I joke, he is gorgeous, a real little man who knows what he wants and when he wants it.  An absolute joy.

TTCing/family status? After months of having that done feeling, I have again changed my mind!!!  We are hoping to TTC later this year as long as our house sells and we can move into the suburb we want and by then I will have mostly completed my Mid - yay!!!!!

Best gift you got? We don't do presents for each other at chrissy but DH bought me a new set of pots and pans (lame right) and the box set of Harry Potter books.  I wa rapt!!!!!

What two procedures would you have? I have a deviated septum (nose) so I would like to get that done and I would like to get my boobs back on track!!!!!!

I think of you girls often and hope you and your babies are all well and that we are all preparing for number two birthdays!!!!!!

I am gonna throw some questions into the mix!!!!

What is you two year old into?
What are they getting for their birthday (that they didn't already get at Christmas)?

What is your two year old into? Zack ADORES Bob the Builder!!!! He is seriously in love!!!!
What are they getting for their birthday? Thankfully the love affair with Bob only started recently so we can Bob him up for his birthday!!!!

Ok, gotta shot before my older two kill each other - bring on school!!!!

#34 JoRiCo

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:34 AM

Hey Girls,

Another slacko here  blush.gif but I do keep up with Facebook.

We are all good here:) Cohen is a real little boy now but somedays I swear he is 2 (nearly) going on 22 lol. He is such a chatter box and is talking sentences. He has also just gone into a big boy bed, I was very surprised how easy the transfer was. We have had no issues with him getting out and running around.

So glad to hear all in Queensland are safe. And congratulations to those that are pregnant again original.gif

Ok so to the questions:

Can you believe our babies are 2? Yes and no! It's gone so fast and I wish it hadn't but I also love this stage minus the tantrums though.

TTCing/family status? Done, done and done lol! Even though half the world thinks I should try for a girl we are very happy with our 3 healthy boys. Plus I'm not young anymore and with my health issues it gets harder as you get older.

Best gift you got? I was lucky enough to get an Ipod and a new camera (p&s) even though they were a few days late (gotta love after christmas sales)

What two procedures would you have? Would love eye laser surgery and some new boobs lol. Seems to be what a lot of us ladies want.

What is you two year old into? Cohen loves Thomas or "Chu Chu Twain" which is what he calls him. Lucky Riley also liked him so we have lots.

What are they getting for their birthday (that they didn't already get at Christmas)? I had a hard time knowing what to get him for Christmas so I have no idea what to get him for his birthday.

Hope everyone is well and I will try to come in more often original.gif

Take care
Dannii

#35 White-Lily

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

What is you two year old into? Shae is into a few things - Yo Gabba Gabba (aka Gabbbba), Spongebob Squarepants (aka Bobs) - she doesnt watch it just has a few t-shirts which she insists on wear all the time.
She also likes Elmo (Elmee)

What are they getting for their birthday (that they didn't already get at Christmas)? just some sesame street books and (more) clothes. Nothing exciting, all practical original.gif

#36 July Baby

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hidi-ho everyone

It's been ages since I wrote something sorry ladies... Been so much happening it's just a bit too much.

I was very pleased to hear that you Qld'ers got out of the floods relatively unscathed... It must be terrible seeing the devastation so wide spread. Don't really get the crappy weather we are having. Where is summer? And if this is what it's like in Summer, what is Winter going to be like???

Can you believe our babies are 2? Yes and no. Wil is just adorable at the moment and comes up with the funniest comments. He tells me to dit down (sit down) and then we play together, and the same when I put him to bed just so he can put his arms through the cot and do a bit of Row Row or umpty dum (Humpty Dumpty) It does feel like he's been around forever though and I stuggle to remember what life was like before him.

TTCing/family status? Bloody Hell.... It's the endless battle... Made all the more difficult with DH and I working different shifts. Last I knew you had to do more than talk on a telephone to make a baby.. So YEPPO still TTC for us. Safe to say Chemist Warehouse is making a killing with the amount if Elevit I'm going through taking so long for a positive result.

Best gift you got? Toss up between an Oroton Handbag I've been eyeing off for about 3 years or the Red David Lawrence Jacket. The mug pictures of Wil on it that I designed, paid for, collected at the shop, wrapped myself and then unwrapped and looked surprised was up there too!!

What two procedures would you have? Get my teeth straightened and whitened (that's one) and I know I can't be made taller so I'll just go for the breast reduction thanks!

What is you two year old into? Wiggles, Wiggles and more wiggles. He told the ladies at daycare off and then cried because they couldn't find the Wiggles CD they normally sing and dance too. We make any pants into Wiggles pants just by using a Wiggles Belt. Funny boy

What are they getting for their birthday (that they didn't already get at Christmas)? Umm he has so much so I'm not sure. Maybe some Wiggles winter PJ's if I can find them in the shops and his first TONKA Truck.

I'm about to start my study for the year and really not looking forward to it. It's very difficult to remove yourself from the family time to get enough work done and as we only spend the weekends as a whole family I'm dreading having to spend at least one day at the library (so there are no distractions). Got to be done and before I know it I'll be done.

NG - Ouch to you hurting your back. Got to get that sorted so you can start TTC this year. I can imagine it not being so fun with a broken back.

Jen - How's Melbourne - Sounds like your gym is not the most up to date or really trying to start some kind of Retro session. Surely they have spin bikes and do my favourite class - body pump??

Renee - How are you doing? Are you over the exhaustion stage? For me that was the worst part of the whole pregnancy as it slows you down so much.

Ok I'm off to Google Wiggles birthday cakes. I'm going to attempt one for Wil's birthday but wonder if he'll cry when we cut it? Maybe not a great idea?

What sort of cake are you making for your 2yo?

#37 summerbub

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

Firstly and most importantly, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Liam for Friday last week Jen! How was your day?

Hi guys, my computer is playing up so I'm on my iPhone which means it is difficult to post.

I have one request  - could we have the list posted please so we can see the birthdays?

TIA

Robyn & two sick kids sad.gif

Edited by summerbub, 25 January 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#38 White-Lily

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

Happy Birthday to Liam for last Friday!

And Happy Birthday to my Shae Baby for today!

#39 3'sacrowd

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

Happy belated birthday Liam

and

Happy birthday shae

#40 JoRiCo

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

Happy Belated Birthday to Liam

and

Happy Birthday to Shae

I hope they both had a great birthday wub.gif
Yes a list would be great original.gif

Dannii

#41 Skyjay

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Hi All  waves.gif

Happy Birthday Liam
and
Happy Birthday Shae

It's been a while since I've posted, so Happy New Year to everyone. We had a quiet xmas, just my family came over, inlaws decided at 6pm xmas night they weren't going to come over so I was a bit peeved about that but we all had a great day anyway.

We have a new dog we got her from the lost dogs home, she is about 1 year old, a cav X, very cute & the kids lover her to death. Poor Indi got a can of dog food out of the pantry and dropped in on her toe taking a big chunk of skin, ouch. It's great having the dog as it gives me a reason to get up every morning to go for a walk.

Can you believe our babies are 2 Yes, but it's come around so quickly.

TTCing/family status? all finished here, family complete original.gif

Best gift you got? dont laugh, but wireless internet. Hubby previously refused to go wireless, but the nagging wife I am!!!!!! also my facial and massage that i had last week, soooo relaxing!!!

Indi got a Little Tikes Car, pink one, she loves it, actually both kids love it and too many other gifts.

What two procedures would you have while you are all having a breast reduction, I might go enlargement, just enough for them to stick out further than my tummy!!! that leads into 2nd procedure, tummy tuck!!!!

What is you two year old into?
toothpaste!!!! all cleaned up now I think. But seriously,  mainly Dora and Disney Princess. SJ also has this Diego spinner, she loves to sit on it and spin around.

What are they getting for their birthday Disney Princess magical talking nursery.

What sort of cake are you making for your 2yo?
Dora, a dress one and stick a dora on top. Also buying a mud cake from the cake shop incase my one tastes bad!!!!!

Sorry about the me post, bbl with personals.

Thinking of taking the kids to the drive in tonite, wish us luck!!!

#42 crazy*cat*lady

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

21st January 2009

Liam Michael

UserName: LEGs R US |Jen

Other Children: Ethan 3, Gretel 2

23rd January 2009

Jonty Cameron

User Name: Megansyd

Northern Beaches, Sydney

Other Children: Hugo and Sam

25th January 2009

Shae Leila

UserName: White-Lily |Suzanne

Other Children: none

27th January 2009

Claire Alison

UserName: crazy*cat*lady  |Renée

Other Children: Nil

28th January 2009

William Dean

UserName: BDJ06 | Tamara

Other Children: Annabelle (3)

Jarvis Wei

UserName: LittleDC | Tina

Other Children: Deakin 4.5, Carter nearly 3

29th January 2009

Kaleb James

User name: moch |Beth

Other Children: 1 (DD born sleeping)

Oliver Maxwell

UserName: Teresa |Teresa

Other Children: Alex 9, Jacob 4, William 1 (5.11.07)

1st February 2009

Zack Henry John

UserName:  NurseGladys |Megan

Other Children: Chloe is 5 and Reilly is 3 and a half

2nd February 2009

Theo Patrick

UserName: Kereru |Helena

Other Children: DH has two adult sons (23 and 21)but Theo is our first

3rd February 2009

Tessa Anneliese

UserName: Bookworm |Jodi

Other Children: Max 2

Owen Alexander

UserName: Jay01 |Jasmine

Other Children: no

Max

Username: sashels

Other Children: DS1 19 months

Graci May

UserName: quiny

Other Children: 0, This is my first

4th February 2009

Jacob Joel

UserName: Dragonfly689 |Deb

Other Children: Brad 11 & Ryan 9

Ryan Kenneth

UserName: Hookie

Other Children: Piper 4yrs

5th February 2009

Jack

UserName:tinkster23 |Theresa

Other Children: Hannah is 3 next month

Harry Fraser

Username: mummabubba |Lisa

Other children: Jackson - July 2006

6th February 2009

Sabrinah Lily

UserName: JTCDS |Natalie

Other Children: Jordan 9, Tayla 8, Carlie 4, Dylan 2

Chloe

UserName: cuteasabutton |Libby

Other Children: None (yet!)

Spencer Lewis

UserName: Tashimoo |Sue

Other Children: Step children (joint custody) Harry 13 Ruby 10

7th February 2009

Lilliana Paige

UserName: Maggie1180 |Maggie

Other Children: DSS - Jack 6 years old

8th February 2009

Noah William

UserName: Summerbub | Robyn

Other Children: No

9th February 2009

Elliott Quinn

UserName: fallen~from~grace |Ali

Other Children: August 7.5, Imogen 6 in May, Spencer 4 in June and Fletcher is 2 in 3 weeks.

Lahni

Username: jayamalah

Other kids: Jayden 7, Amaya 3

Cohen Thomas

UserName: ani1 |Annie

Other Children: Mary-Jane 8yrs and Imogen Lily 3 Yrs

Benjamin

UserName: saffysmum|Amanda

Other Children: Benj is an only child

10th February 2009

Cohen Bailey

UserName: mum2blueones |Dannii

Other Children: Joshua 10, Riley 2.

Benjamin

User name: Charmalee |Charmalee

Other kids: three DD's

Archer Aaron

UserName: feb-bubby |Ash

Other Children: none

Cohen William

UserName:  loveanother |Tracy

Other Children: Logan 5yrs

Kaidyn Stuart

User name: Glutton4Punishment/G4P |Tracie

Ohter Children: Rhian 8, Danika 7, Malyna 5, Tayte 18mths

Jacob Mark

UserName: pottedpetunia |Beck

Other Children: Sophie 3.5, Alexandra 20 months

11th February 2009

Aston Lee

User name: Janbabyboy |Sandra

Other Children: Cohen William, 11 January 08

Indi

UserName: Skyjay

Other Children: one DD Sept 06

12th February 2009

Jack Travis

UserName:  Pink  | Jo

Other Children: Cameron (11) Sophie (8)

Amalia

Username: leita | Leita

Other kids: no, Amalia is our first.

13th February 2009

Zachary James (Zach)

Username: *~Krissy~* |Krissy

Other children: DH & 2 puppies!

14th February 2009

Phoebe

Username: geordiefox |Lindsey

Other Children: None

16th February 2009

Wil Andrew

UserName: M-to-B |Danielle

Emily Yarraan

UserName: Caraboose |Carol

Other Children: Jessica 13.1.2006

17th February 2009

Ava Nicole

UserName: Amandalea6 |Amanda

Other Children: Georgia 6 years old

Ruby Amelia

Username: mum23boys |Tania

Location Adelaide

Other Children ~^~ Benjamin , Sam 23,Conrad 8 ,William 4 1/2

18th February 2009

Annaliese Caitlin

UserName: Caity83

Other Children: No

19th February 2009

Nicholas James

Username: Readhead |Tracey

Other Children: no

Mariam

username: meeniemouse |Amina

23rd February 2009

Margaret Genevieve

UserName: poss71 | Jo

Other Children: Eleanor Joy (born 30/01/2008)

25th February 2009

Hayden John

Username: hayhay |bek

Other Children: Hayley 3.5

28th February 2009

Sijbren Andrew

UserName: India732 |Ineke

Other Children: 0

1st March 2009

Eleanor Paige

Username: dragonflygypsy

#43 NurseGladys

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Happy belated birthday Master Liam

and

Happy birthday Miss Shae

Just a quick pop in from me, but am sooo excited and had to tell someone - just got my first roster as a student midwife and I get to spend my first 8 weeks in labour ward!!!!!!!  Soo excited, can't stop smiling!!!!!

#44 crazy*cat*lady

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

egads... how much does that list need updating!??

Kinda sad to see how many people have dropped off the radar, and odd to see the sibling list out of whack wink.gif

I should make it a project to tidy it up... soon...

Happy Birthday to Liam and Shae original.gif

#45 summerbub

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hooray!! Thanks for the list Renee, how is Barry?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAE!!

Suzanne, sorry I couldn't remember the date off the top of my head. sad.gif what did you get up to today? Did Shae have a good day?

Xx

Nursegladys... How exciting!!!!!

#46 leita

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

Oh my goodness, I'd forgotten some of us were January babies!!
Happy Birthday Master Liam

Happy Birthday Little Miss Shae

Wow, how very exciting, 2 year olds already. I think I'm in denial, but I've still got 2 weeks til Mali's birthday, so I'll have to snap out of it soon.

Yay NurseGladys, how exciting! Are you at KEMH?

Gosh CrazyCatLady that list is a blast from the past isn't it. Whatever happened to LittleDCJ?

Hi Summerbub- how are your sick kids going? Hope they are on the mend, there is nothing worse than sick kids.

AFM- very excited, it's my last day on the pill tomorrow, then we are officially TTC #2. Fingers crossed for us ladies!!  biggrin.gif

#47 tinkster23

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

I'm so not ready for 2nd birthdays!

Hope you are all well!

thats all, nurse jackie starting now biggrin.gif

#48 pink

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

Happy Birthday Liam

Happy Birthday Shae

awww birthdays already  biggrin.gif  I hope they both had a fantastic day.

Renee - thanks for the list. It is a pity so many are missing now but nice to look back over the names.

Robyn - I hope your kiddies are getting better

Leita - good luck!!! how exciting!

Megan - Yay! I hope you enjoy your placement. I'm sure it would be eye opening but so so rewarding.

wow, one line personals. Great effort put in by me today!  blush.gif

there is a reason however. Some of you may have noticed that I have disappeared from facebook this week. I had a really rough weekend. Lots of anxiety and panic attacks. Had to finally admit that I am not actually ok. DP has been fantastic and ignored all my pleas and tales that I was fine and made me go to the Dr. So now I am on antidepressants and will see a psychologist. I am feeling a bit better where the anxiety is concerned but the meds are taking some getting used to. Some pretty yuck side effects but today doesnt seem quite as bad so hopefully I am settling in.

I will make a return to facebook soon. I really miss updates from people and all the photos of our Feb 09 bubbies. I also cant stay away too long or my Mum will be up here after me for not showing her enough pics of the kids!!! lol. I just need to take a break from it until I get this anxiety under control.

So I hope everyone is doing a bit better than I am original.gif

#49 leita

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

bbighug.gif Pink. My sister is going through something similar atm. It's tough to admit there's a problem and you need help, so well done on getting this far. Hope the meds and counselling help turn things around for you quickly.

#50 JoRiCo

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

bbighug.gif Pink! I noticed you were missing sad.gif I hope the meds start to make you feel better and you are back soon.

I can't believe our babies are all turning 2  ohmy.gif My big boy turns 12 on Friday and starts High School next week which is hard for me to imagine too. I was told that once you have kids that life flies by and I found it hard to believe but yep they were right. Was thinking the other day that when Cohen is Josh's age Josh will be 22 ohmy.gif

I hope everyone is having a lovely Australia Day, we are keeping cool in the A/C and might take the kids into the beach after dinner for a walk :-)

Take Care
Dannii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.