February 08 Parents # 78

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#26 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

oooh Claire how exciting!! Good luck!!

Megan that sucks, it's hard to understand why they do stuff like that.

Our tt'ing is finally going well, he's being doing wees for a little while now, but still had poos in undies, nappies or the floor. But the last 2 days he's done it on the toilet, he is so excited and proud of himself.

I'm not doing anything special for Miller's birthday this year. I know that sounds bad, but if things go to plan this baby will be born the 1st of Feb, and Miller's birthday is the 6th. Again, if it goes to plan I will get out of hospital the day before his birthday. So, I will not want to be hosting a party, or even attending one tbh. He'll get presents and I'll probably buy a cake for him this year. My mum and dad may come up to give him his present, and I'm going to use that day for the inlaws to come and meet the new baby.

Edited by ~Simply*Blue~, 11 January 2011 - 06:37 AM.

#27 Tetinks

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

Hi girls

Thanks for the good wishes! Limbo land for me ATM though... Went to the loo this morning and there was a bit of blood. I assumed the worst and that it was the start of my period, but there has been no more since. I had blood taken today and will again on thurs to see if my levels rise. I'm seeing my ob in a few weeks too and will have a scan then (assuming i don't m/c before then). I hate the first trimester. Trying really hard not to get my hopes up. But also, i am so lucky to have my gorgeous kiddos and I am lucky to be able to fall pregnant easily. And my last m/c was at 12 weeks after seeing a healthy heartbeat, so if this is another m/c i am glad to have such early warning.

Rebecca I can't believe you're due so soon. It's so exciting. Are your boy excited? How are you feeling?

Brooke, yes DS is a biter too and I hate it. We have just tried to be really consistent, when he bites he gets a firm 'no biting' and put straight on the floor and then we walk away. DH gets bitten the most... he also has the biggest reaction! So i think that's why DS does it. Touch wood he has become a bit better over the last 2 weeks. He also now says 'tuddle' (cuddle) after he's bitten, so he knows it's wrong.
When you did this with T did he protest, cry, scream, wiggle while you were patting?

Yes, yes, yes and yes. He really fought it. I just kept on patting and shhing him. I was actually surprised that he went to sleep at all when we first started, but he did. He went from crying and really (physically) fighting it, to settling quite quickly. Kinda like he had an off switch. Good luck with it x

Sary you've got a big decision, I guess made harder by DH's business? could he do the same thing in perth? Eek, i would find it so hard to decide. especially with all melbourne's benefits.

Megan, so sorry you had a crap birthday  sad.gif  Hope your road trip is fun to make up for it!

better go, will pop back soon

#28 mygorgeousboy

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

i think Amanda has been asked to evacuate in the floods. I really am praying that Amanda and her family are safe and well!!! Thinking of you Amanda xo

#29 babybump2

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

Oh just so sad with the floods in QLD - hard to believe it is happening.

Can't stop thinking of you Amanda - stay safe!!!!!!

Melbourne has now been forcast for some flash floods tonight and tomorrow.  Mother nature can really pack a punch when she wants!

Claire - have my fingers crossed for you!

xxx

#30 babybump2

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:01 AM

Feeling a bit down today sad.gif with all the news in Queensland.  And today is the funeral of our dear friend's brother.  He died on Monday at age 29 from cancer.  We caught up with our friend last week in Perth and he was saying it was close to the end then.

Off to a farewell from my MG today.  We have 2 farewells this week from MG.  One going to NZ to live and the other to UK to live.

These girls and their children I have been seeing nearly every week since Macy was 7 weeks old - so it is going to be sad saying goodbye. sad.gif

Oh and news on my friend from MG that I was struggling with.  She was gone for a couple of months to UK to visit family and I saw her for the first time at our MG Christmas party.  Was slightly awkward - but I coped.  Well I got an email while I was in Perth asking me to go and have a drink with her one night.  EEEKKKK!!  I was okay seeing her in a group environment but don't really want to open the doors to catch up one on one again.  So being assertive I said that I would see her at the farewells this week and maybe we could organise with a few of the girls for a catch up night  wink.gif Not really looking forward to seeing her today.

As far as our decision.... we are just getting on with normal life at the moment.  We had another chat about it all last night.  DH doesn't want to live back in Perth metro and I am not sure that I want the country lifestyle... have become a bit of a city chic  biggrin.gif Yesterday I took the kids with friends to a beautiful production of Alice in Wonderland by the Shakespeare theatre at the botanical gardens.  It was so gorgeous.  And I love having these things at my fingertips... so we are still thinking...

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Was happy to hear/read that Amanda is safe this morning.  It is just so devastating what is going on in Queensland.

#31 RedsGirl

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

Oh Sary - Alice in Wonderland sounds great!  I can't wait until Mimie is old enough to take to those kinds of things.

Amanda - glad to hear that you and parents etc are safe.   It must be really frightening.  

I think sometimes generally we get a bit desensitised, because often these things happen 'far far away' in in poor, third world countries. We think being Australia it'll be OK and especially those living in the cities.  The scope, the magnitude of this - it makes you realise what a huge nation this is and also what a nation of extremes.  The Toowoomba thing, was just so fast and furious, most people never had a chance  sad.gif   Then when you hear on here on the nes the personal stories, its just so sad. :Like the guy on tv this morning talking about seeing people go past in the water and putting a hand or a stick out to help them and then realising they were gone.

I've only just realised how many peopele I know or family/friends of frineds live in affected areas.

Claire - any update yet??  We are impatient here aren't we??

Rebecca - I hope you are travelling OK. Any progress with names??  It must be so hard.  I am finding boys names extremely difficult  just to get one I like, but to do it five times - sheesh!

Better go - huge project due today!!

Edited by RedsGirl, 13 January 2011 - 09:28 AM.

#32 Tetinks

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

Helloooo

Not much of an update, but I had bloods taken on Tues, which was 10 dpo and my hcg came back as 46. So that's good, the average for 10 dpo is 16. but the numbers don't really mean anything unless they rise or fall. Had more blood taken today and will get the results tomorrow. I am hoping for a result of 100.

These floods are bloody awful. i've had to stop watching so many times. i read tonight about a 2-3 month old baby that was swept away and i cannot imagine the pain her family must be in. we're donating to a toy drive tomorrow, and the sewing community is asking people to auction stuff on their blogs, so I am doing that too (link in my sig if you're interested).

Megan - can you share names?

Sary your post made me sad. I love my MG girls and would be so sad if they moved away.

Gotta go, back playing up and need to get horizontal.

But, Rebecca's quiet? Hope you are okay and baby is behaving.

Edited by claireabell, 13 January 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#33 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:07 AM

Good luck Claire with your blood tests original.gif

Sary I've said before, on fb I think, that I wish we had all the shows etc you go to up here. I would have loved to take my kids to see the Gruffalo!! It would be hard to give all that up.

I'm still just cruising along, 36 weeks tomorrow. I'm still getting heaps of bh, I'm kinda hoping they develop into labour soon as I'm just so exhausted. Otherwise it's only 2 weeks and 4 days to go!

#34 babybump2

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

Rebecca you are so close to the end!!  Getting exciting!  Yes I do love all the things I get to do with the kids in Melbourne.  They are so fortunate!  I would have loved to do half the things they get to do when I was a kid.

Ohhhh Claire - it is sounding good!!!  Yes I was a bit of a mess Wednesday.  One more farewell tomorrow.  I feel like it has been a month of saying goodbye to people.  And I am so useless - just turn to water.

Megan - does that mean you know what your having???? Or is it a surprise??

So wet in Melbourne at the moment....

Beau just climbed into my lap for a cuddle  wub.gif makes it a bit trickier to type.  But so so so love my cuddles.

Thought he might have been turning a corner and becoming closer and identifying more with DH.  He is such a boy and so interested in "boyish' things.  But he still wants all his cuddles from me and wants me to put him to bed each night.  Kinda of savoring because although I still get cuddles from Macy - they are not the same as a squishy 2 year old cuddle!  wub.gif

Went school shoe shopping yesterday!  Sanity is still intact and I got her 2 pairs of school shoes.  She spent the afternoon trying on her uniform while I ironed in name tags and added names to hat, bags etc.... wow feeling like a real school Mum.  And Macy just seems soooooooo much older to me now.  She looks so grown up in her uniform!  She is so excited about starting and although I am going to be a sobbing mess once she is out of sight - I am really excited for her too.

Having a home day today.  Kids are really craving a lazy home day.  And I am really enjoying the ability to do this if I want.  Once holidays are over these days will be gone.  So with all the Melbourne rain we are doing puzzles, drawings and activity books.

Happy Friday girls!  Hope you all having a good day xxx

#35 Tetinks

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:35 PM

Just a quickie, got my test results, hcg was 170 at 12dpo. doubling time of just under 28 hours. hope that's a good thing. GTG, back soon!

#36 RedsGirl

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

ddance.gif yay Claire - sounding very good!!

And I just a got a note to say I won a pait of a maternity swimmers in an EB competition!! I am so excited!!!

#37 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

We need a like button original.gif

Great news Claire and congratulations Megan!

#38 babybump2

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

Great news Claire!
ddance.gif

#39 babybump2

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

oop and well done Megan!

#40 RedsGirl

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

OMG.   My brilliant little girl is now in undies!! I decided on the weekend to just do it and it was like everythind lined up and slotted into place!

All wees on the toilet. Asking to go. Even takes herslef downthere, down with the pants and on to the toilet.  She's only had 2 mishaps, but only because we weren't quick enough.  She's been doing #2s very early in the morning,  so still in her night nappy but apparently she called out to Red yesterday duirng her arvo nap that she needed to go but by the time he got there she had done it so I  think she is still sorting what the 'poo feeling' is all about while she has the 'wee feeling' down pat.

I am so proud of her!!!

Sorry for the me me me. I am so chuffed.

Oh and just to confirm, no we don't know what we are having but the way we seem to work is not to have two final names (1 boy, 1 girl) but a bit of a list and then see what bubs looks like.  But I really only have 1 boys name I like and what if bub is a boy and doesn't 'look' like that name? Its Callum by the way.  Girls, I have a heap so the challenge there is whittling down the list to a manageable size.  Girls favourties so far are Annabel, Emmeline, Tabitha and Imogen.

And  I am also a pain as I like names to kind of go together, not matchy but in the same 'feel'.  

I am wondering how Rebecca is going picking boy name #5???

and Claire - any news??

Oh Sary - Macy in her school uniform - you must post up some pics!!!  I think Ill be a mess on Mimie's first day!

#41 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

Well done Jemima!!

Miller has finally started doing poos on the toilet over the past week too!

As for a name for this baby, not yet. I don't feel that stressed about it anymore though, I'm sure we'll name him once he's born. Which is only 15 days away!!!

My oldest rode his bike for the first time yesterday with no training wheels, so proud  biggrin.gif  He's scaring his mum though racing up to me and then braking hard. He seems to know what he's doing though.

#42 babybump2

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

Oh that is great new Megan about Mimie TTing!  Great!  cclap.gif Sounds like she is doing great!

And Megan I love all the names you have picked!  I think my favourite is Tabitha.  Don't know if I ever told you Beau has a cuddle toy cat called Tabitha that he just loves.   So cute!

Rebecca - only 15 days to go!  oomg.gif Good luck!  Cute about your oldest riding his bike.  Miss Moo got a bike for Christmas without training wheels.  She has been so reluctant to go and try.  We took her this morning though and she was in a good mood and kept saying, "I can do this - I can!"  And she did.  She hasn't got a clue about stopping or turning  huh.gif  but she is now riding with us running next to her.  Phew what a work out!

We got a verandah put on over our decking today!!!!  biggrin.gif

#43 Tetinks

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:02 AM

Woohoo Mimie!!! Fab news Megan, what a clever little girl. It took E months to learn, not days!

"I can do this - I can!" And she did. She hasn't got a clue about stopping or turning

Sary we need photos please, sounds super cute.

Rebecca OMG 15 days?!? that's crazy. How are you feeling? It's OC you have isn't it?

AFM - got more BT results. 16dpo was 941 HCG. The average is 202. It also doubled in 40 hours. But i had a really upsetting talk with my GP when she gave me the results. I think she is just being an idiot and not trusting my dates, but she expects me to m/c this week  sad.gif  I am happy with where I am but she dented my confidence.

#44 babybump2

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

Oooh Claire that must have been upsetting.

Keep going with how you are feeling.... Mother's intuition is so strong.  Don't really understand the figures you mention - but thought if the average was 202 and yours is 941 then isn't that really good???

I am keeping everything crossed for you x

#45 babybump2

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

biggrin.gif Just posted and then saw your signature  tthumbs.gif

#46 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:26 AM

Claire why would she say that? Your levels seem to be going up really well? No I don't have OC, it ended up being a hormonal problem, so while the itching is crazy, it's not going to cause any problems.

So 2 weeks to go, but I've been getting heaps of bh, backache and general pain in the area. I'm not expecting to make it. If history repeats it should either be born tomorrow or next wednesday.

Talon was born on Wednesday at 40 weeks
Caden Tues (but elective c/s) at 39 weeks
Miller Wednesday at 38 weeks
Cooper Wednesday at 37 weeks.

Both Miller and Cooper came on their own the Wednesday before the booked c/s.

So if the 'weeks' history keeps going he'll be born tomorrow
And if the 'week before c/s' keeps going he'll be born next Wednesday

Yes I do have too much time on my hands atm  biggrin.gif

#47 RedsGirl

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:33 AM

Yay Claire - a big  tongue.gif to your GP.

I know high figures can indicate ectopic - is that right?? But hey, let's not go jumping any guns.  It sounds good to this lay-person!! And another September babe!!!!

I agree - pics of Macy on  her bike please!!!!

Birthday party- finally got Mimie's Dora invites done - a lovely EBer made them up for me so I printed them off at work. They look great - and its also so lovely that there are people on here who will do things like that free! I found a Dora guitar (well, its more a eukelele) at Target for half price, so couldn't let that go - Mimie will love it. And we are getting her a hopper thing (the big balls you bounce on) a fairy dress-up set and a paddling pool. So not too overboard.

TTing - well its her first day at 'work' in undies, so fingers crossed all goes well.  She hasn't done a poo since Sunday afternoon but she doesn't seem reluctant to do on on the toilet, so I am hoping she's not holding on for some reason.  Also, this is our second attempt but the first time (early Dec.) she was just not interested - not stressed or scared, just not interested.  This time it allseemed to click into place.  She was obviously ready and I am SO relieved!

Just have to say, don't they look so cute in undies???  They are so little!!!  And its so different seeing my 'baby' not in nappies!

Have a great day everyone!

#48 babybump2

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

Hee hee yeah the lil bums in undies are super cute  happy.gif

Cute that you have Mimie's birthday party organised Megan.  Feel slack I haven't given much thought to Beau's birthday and what to do.

Poor Beau is fast asleep on my bed.  He slammed the back sliding door on his finger  - owwwww!!!  His nail went instantly black.  He is pretty tough but he was screaming over this.  I gave him some panadol and tried to ice his finger.  He cried himself to sleep on my shoulder.  sad.gif

I haven't managed to take a pic of Miss Moo on her bike yet... too busy running along side trying to stop her banging into something!  wink.gif   But I have loaded a couple of recent pics of the kids on the blog.  And one of her in her uniform.

Will be looking out for your news Rebecca!   ph34r.gif

#49 moo~tickle

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

Good luck Rebecca!!!

We are having a fairy party here for Maddie, got a fairy entertainer coming too. Im super pumped lol.

TT- we have finally cracked the no night nappy thing here. Got some brolly sheets a few months ago and although she does have some accidents, most nights she will wake up for the toilet original.gif I cant wait til Cam is out of nappies - imagine the cost saving hehe.

If you are out and about near a Target, go and buy some summer stuff for next year! I picked up some stuff this morning including a pair of Dora pjs for $3.40!!!

#50 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

I'm about to have my baby I'll update later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.