February 08 Parents # 78

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#51 moo~tickle

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

OMG Rebeccas - you cant just post that! Good luck bbabyflip.gif

#52 babybump2

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

Oh wow!!! Rebecca - you knew!!! You even said yesterday!!!!

All the best... can't wait to hear your news.

x

#53 Tetinks

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

ZOMG!!!!! I read this:
So if the 'weeks' history keeps going he'll be born tomorrow

And then see Rebecca's news. Eeeee!!!!!!! Good luck!

#54 RedsGirl

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

Oh wow - Rebecca was right!!!! she KNEW.

Hope its all going well - can't wait to hear the details!!!

#55 mygorgeousboy

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

AHHHH i have been away at my parents house and haven't been on the net for a few days.....

Rebecca, Good luck!!! I cant believe you knew!!! Cant wait to hear some news..... YAY

Claire, YAY to your baby news too  biggrin.gif

I'm still at my Parents house for another week. Just soooo busy catching up with people that we haven't seen for ages. Glad to see you all posting original.gif xo

#56 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

Jai Samuel was born last night almost four weeks early at 7lb9oz. He is perfect and is doing fantastic.

#57 Tetinks

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

WOOHOOOOO!!!!! Congrats Rebecca and family!

Love his name, can't wait to see pics! Take care x

#58 RedsGirl

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

ddance.gif yay Rebecca!!!!!  That is fantastic news - welcome baby Jai!!!

#59 babybump2

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:41 PM

Welcome to the world baby Jai!  Fantastic news Rebecca!  Hope you are resting up well x  happy.gif bbaby.gif

#60 mygorgeousboy

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:17 AM

Congratulations Rebecca! That's fantastic news. Can't wait to see pics of your gorgeous little boy! Xo

#61 moo~tickle

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

Warning - baby related vomit follows

biggrin.gif  bbaby.gif  original.gif  bbaby.gif  tongue.gif  wub.gif  babyboy.gif  bbluestork.gif  bbabyflip.gif  bbabyflip.gif  bbluestork.gif  babyboy.gif  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  bbluestork.gif  babyboy.gif  bbabyflip.gif  ddance.gif  ddance.gif  ddance.gif  cclap.gif  bbabyflip.gif  bbluestork.gif  eexcite.gif  hhugs.gif  eexcite.gif  tthumbs.gif  bbabyflip.gif  bbluestork.gif  babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif

Congrats Rebecca and welcome Jai

#62 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

Thanks everyone original.gif he is just perfect.

Cs went great but had a really bad day in Thursday with the pain. It was horrific and nothing helped, it even started effecting me mentally. Finally with a higher dose of endone and oxiconton along with others it was finally under control and I came home yesterday.

He really is beautiful, but you couldnt pay me enough to go through that again.

#63 Tetinks

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

Rebecca from what I have seen on FB, he is so ridiculously cute!!! Well done.

So sorry about the pain too, it sounds awful, especially with 5 littlies to look after. Glad to hear things are looking up now. WOuld love to see more photos, especially with all five kids together (don't ask for much do I?)

#64 babybump2

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Funny moment... after battling with Beau for a few hours last night to get him to go to sleep in his own bed - I finally gave in at 10PM  rolleyes.gif to him coming to sleep in our bed.  I was putting on my night face cream before getting in and Beau looked up puzzled at me and said, "Mummy are we off to the beach? Why are you putting suncream on?"  happy.gif   Ahhh how can one little person be so frustrating yet so adorably cute at the same time??!!??

Well done Rebecca - what a lil cutie Jai is.  Sorry to hear about your pain though!  ohmy.gif Ouchh... hope you are getting better each day and you are settling into home and life with 5 kids!!!!  I just think that is amazing!   original.gif

Yes I too look forward to seeing the snap of all 5 together.... that will be an effort to get everyone sitting and looking the same way!  wink.gif

Hope everyone has had a great weekend x

#65 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

I'll give the 5 kids photo a go tomorrow, I've been meaning to yesterday and today. I also have photos on my camera to upload, the ones so far have just been off my iPod.

Dh has to work this week as his holidays dont start til next week, so my mum is coming to help. Thank god she started her holidays a week before the booked cs date!!

And thank god for it being the last week of holidays!

Sary that is so cute. I hate it when they are being really frustrating and your trying to stick to your guns and they just go and do something totally cute and you forgive everything  wub.gif rolleyes.gif  

#66 babybump2

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

Off for a play with a few of Macy's kinder friends and their Mums today.  One of the Mums rang me last week and let me know she has left her husband.  sad.gif When I asked if she was able to work things out she said definitely no! She has been to court and has had an intervention placed on him.  Eekkk... so that doesn't sound good.  She said she will fill me in on all the details today.  sad.gif

So sad!

How is everyone else?  

How are things with you Amanda?  Haven't seen you post in ages!

Holly how was your trip to your Mums?

Claire - Is everything still looking good?

Megan - how much longer have you got now???  How is Mimie about a sibling?  Is she getting excited?

Brooke - funny with all your baby vomits... how are things with you?

Have a great Monday all x

#67 Tetinks

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

Hi all

Yup Sary so far so good. I've got a scan next tues and am really hopeful of seeing a heartbeat.

Such a cute story about Beau and the sunscreen! you need to write that down for when he's older.

E said something funny the other day. we had just arrived at a friend's son's christening and everyone was sitting in the church waiting for it to begin. E pipes up 'Mummy, is this the wiggles concert?' at the top of her voice. I said no. A few seconds later she points to the huge cross on the wall and says 'who's that?'. I say jesus, and then she comes back with 'is this a jesus concert then'.  laugh.gif  

did you all have a good australia day? we went to the australia day live concert last night where the wiggles were playing. had a great time once the concert started but sitting in the sun for an hour in the burning heat wasn't my idea of a good time.

otherwise all good here. T is now finally walking properly (no more crawling  cry1.gif ) and he got his first pair of shoes last weekend. he think he's the cat's pyjamas  biggrin.gif

#68 babybump2

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:24 AM

biggrin.gif At Evie's comments Claire!  happy.gif What a cutie!

Ooohhh so glad everything is going well so far Claire!

And Tom walking - WWWHHHAAATTT??? When did he get to be such a big boy!?!   ohmy.gif

You lucky things going to the Wiggles concert on Australia Day.  We watched from the comfort of our couch!  wink.gif

We camped out in the backyard the night before Australia Day.  The kids loved it... we cooked marshmellows. Must admit I was very happy to spend the next night in my own bed.  Was quite well timed as we had our new mattress delivered yesterday!  Sooooo nice!

It's Friday... but doesn't feel like a Friday.  DH and I are out for a date on Saturday night!  eeeeee I interviewed a new babysitter last weekend.  She seems okay... and hopefully DH and I can go out once a month to have some time together.

Not much to add... but just trying to keep the chatter alive in here.  Come back everyone!

#69 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:57 AM

I'm just jumping on quickly, just wanted to say hi. Things are going great with Jai now doing a 4 hour stretch of sleep in the first half of the night. Feeling somewhat alive again.

I also wanted to tell you, especially the few of you that have followed me choosing a baby name, that after all the stress I felt about not having a name and searching for one, that it was actually dh that suggested Jai. And he only suggested it the Friday before he was born. It just seems so perfect for him and none of the other names we considered seem to suit him at all.

Claire Wow Tom's walking!! Well done!!

#70 RedsGirl

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:53 AM

Rebecca - so glad to hear you are home safe and well.  He is SUCH a cutie - you guys make such gorgeous boys!!!  And what a star sleeping so well so early!

Can I ask - do you pronounce his name like 'Jye' or 'Jay' - just so I can get it right in my mind.

Sary - ohhh - date night!!!!! I guess that is the bad thing about no family - it = no babysitters. I know Red would be very reluctant to leave Mimie with someone we didn't know, must be tough to find someone good. Hope you have fun tomorrow night  wink.gif

What happened with your friend? It sounded quite horrible.

Claire - glad to hear all is well - I am sure it will be nice to have that first scan just to reassure you.  And Tom walking - wow, no more babies you your house.

AFM - doing OK. Had a nice Australia Day at MIme's godmother's place, they host a bbq every year and its always lots of un.  The '3 3's' as I call them ( 3 of us had our girls all within 6 months of each other) were running around by days end in their knickers, so cute.  Good for them because IT was SO BLOODY HOT. We have a day of respite to day but its meant to be stinking hot all next week as well  and the day before her party is meant to be 37 degrees - god I hope that changes sad.gif .

I have woken up every morning this week with really, really bad headaches. I am not sure if its the heat, lack of sleep, dehydration, sinus or maybe a combo of everything but its begining to worry me.  Everything else seems to be OK, trying my best to avoid bum grapes at the moment  ph34r.gif

But  names... oh names! I have a lovely picture of Mimie next to me at work so what I do is try the girls names out on her picture to see if they 'fit' - seems to work quite well, assuming if she has sister she will look similar of course  glare.gif   Although we picked Jemima becasue out of all our shortlisted names this to me was the only one that fit a dark haired baby, but  of course that didn't last for long did it  laugh.gif Joke was on me there wasn't it?  I have to say Tabitha is winning for me at the moment... and its still Callum for a boy.

Oh and Melburnian buddies - we are doing a road trip to Melbourne next month - any must-do's for a 3 yo???  Any great places to eat with a young 'un???  We wil be staying in South Yarra - got a good deal on an apartment! We've promised her the Healesville Sanctuary & Puffing Billy as we have a few nights in Healesville as well, but woudl love to hear any local secrets or recommendations.

Thanks!!!

#71 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

Like Jye  original.gif

#72 babybump2

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:51 AM

Okay well I am in Melbourne Megan... sounds like you have some good things planned already!  Collingwood children's farm is great too.  And the zoo of course.  They have Werribee zoo which is a bit of a drive away but you get to go on the bus and see animals like you're on the african savannah.  Fun!  There's also the Aquarium, pony rides down at St Kilda foreshore... and then of course just walking around the city and seeing the sights of trams.... errrr actually I have a little boy - so that may be more exciting for him.  But just walking in the city is exciting for the little ones.  Macy still loves seeing the horse and carriage rides going through the city.

Enjoy Melbourne - you will have a ball.... now the weather just needs to treat you nice  wink.gif

And you are off to Puffin Billy!  Great - the Dandenongs are bewwwddiffulll!  If you get the chance go to Geppetto's workshop at the Dandenongs (Kalista) - a beautiful toy store with marionette puppets and beautiful wooden toys.  Really sweet.

Have a great time!!!

Ooohhh and I am kinda hoping you have a girl!!  Love love the name Tabitha!  So cute!!

And great name you have chosen Rebecca.  He is gorgeous with a gorgeous name to match! x

#73 mygorgeousboy

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

Morning girls,

We are back!!! Had a lovely time with my parents and DH's family but so glad to be home again. H was totally spoiled and so we have had a few days of tanties since we have been home. And its so HOT today!!!!!!!

Megan- DH and i went to Melb when i was pregnant with H. We did the Puffy Billy and had so much fun. I know H would love it! BTW i LOVE Tabitha wub.gif and it goes perfectly with Jemima.

Claire, Are you seeing Dr H again? He is such a wonderful OB.

Rebecca, Hope you are getting some sleep. Jai is a gorgeous name!

Well i am still totally sleep deprived. P is not sleeping any better. Last night he woke 8 times  yyawn.gif I have ditched the wrap all together today. Last night he rolled 1000's of times with the wrap on and every time i went to him he was face down in the corner of the cot. (he does this slide/crawl thing on his head) So he is in a sleeping bag right now. I can handle the day time sleeps being bad but i don't know why he is waking so many times during the night.
Sorry about the whinge girls, i feel a tad silly going on about sleep, because i know how fast they grow up and i would love to savior every moment but i just need some shut eye.

Anyway i best be off to hang the washing out before i melt out there. xo

#74 RedsGirl

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:38 AM

Holly - Don't feel bad - I remember very clearly what Mimie was like except she was the opposite - a shocking day sleeper so while I was getting OK night time sleep, I was very stressed out about it all and had to deal with a very cranky bub late in the afternoon.

All I can say is that I found being consistent with her finally paid off. She never was one of those bubs who you could pat and rock to sleep, so I used to give her a bit of a rock and cuddle, put her down and then resettle in her bed as often as I needed to without getting her up. And within a month she was fine (sounds like a long time, but she'd have great days and some unsettled days and then at 7mo it was like she clicked and she's been perfect ever since).

With regards to nightime, I'd try the same. As long as you are happy he isn't hungry (Mimie stated waking again from 4-6 months old only once a night for a feed) I'd just try and settle him in his bed as best you can without getting him up.  It may take a while, but I believe with some bubs (esp once solids are in the picture) its more habit than anything else and its really up to us to help them break it.  I hope that doesn't sound too patronising. I remember so clearly how stressful the whole sleep thing is and of course every bub is different, I wish rocking and patting and wrapping worked for Mimie but it didn't, so I guess you have to try out a few things & give each of them a bit of time to see if it works.

Good luck!!!

Oh wow, I can't wait to be sleep deprived again!

#75 Tetinks

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hi girls

just a quickie as i'm feeling awful. got my scan tomorrow - cross your fingers for me, feeling so anxious (but also really sick, so that's a good sign right?). will be back tomorrow night for a proper post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.