#1 Sandra

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...p?showforum=214

Merry Christmas

#2 sun_kissed

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

GOLD!

Yep still here 40+2 and this baby has been officially Evicted!!!!! Come on Baby!!!!

ETA: Totally stoked on the gold they are few and far between now xoxoxo

Edited by sun_kissed, 26 December 2010 - 01:22 PM.

#3 Summerlover

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

Good luck J - might be a New Years Bub !!!!! wub.gif

#4 sun_kissed

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

BRONZE

Claiming bronze as well LOL

40+5 now! Soooooo over it!!!

Yep Hel looking like she is hanging in there.
Love your new sig. Isla I think looks alot like your DH (I have seen the photos on facebook).

#5 Summerlover

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE  biggrin.gif

J - MANY CONGRATULATIONS, now the fun begins

Well everyone - where are we all? What are we all up to, are we still keeping up our little group this year.  We have done so well so far now our little cherubs will all be turning 3 in the middle of this year.  I so wish we could all meet and spend a weekend together as we have been chatting for so long.

We are good and the new formula is working its magic with Isla but both kids have colds and Isla is really suffering with hers - its horrible seeing them so sick so little but she is bound to pick up everything Yas brings in.

MIL went home today and its sad but she's been here 5wks and it was time.  Yas has not asked where she is once and its so nice to have Isla back in her own room and have our office back - I feel like our house is huge again.  It felt very small having Isla in the office.

So now we are 'back to normal' its time to knuckle down and get fit and healthy.  Im such a little porker and really need to concentrate on some good eating/exercise patterns.  DH and I will start walking with the kids of an evening for 30mins so thats a start - Isla isn't screaming in pain anymore so we feel we can take her out and about for a walk  laugh.gif

Hope you are all well - good to hear from you all.

Helen xxx

#6 MrsHayley

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:06 AM

Thinking of my lovely friends up there in QLD xx

Will try and pop back in later today to post wink.gif

#7 Summerlover

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

wwhistle.gif  wwhistle.gif Hello hello - is there anybody out there?????

How are we all?  J how is your little precious?

#8 ohsotired

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hi Lovely Ladies

I am here doing a bit of control crying with my son who has gone feral this week!  huh.gif sad.gif  

J: Hope you are doing okay lovely lady- I hope your precious Addison is bringing you a bit of joy at such a difficult and sad time for you. Thought are with you hun. xx

Hi to everyone else. Now I have Isobel calling out! Sigh! ohmy.gif

#9 sun_kissed

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

Hi guys,
So much to fill you lovely ladies in on not sure where to start:
AddisonTrying to be back in the land of the living doing normal things. My heart is pretty broken but little Addie has been a beautiful distraction. She is a lovely little baby (so far!). I am getting some sleep, not much but I dont think I am as bothered by it as i was with Eli. Or it is just not such a shock to the system.
She doesn't scream like Eli did so I really think he had undiagnosed colic or reflux or something as he used to scream from 4 till midnight every night and I just thought it was normal.

Eli just loves her thinks she is amazing. He kisses her all the time and wants to hold and cuddle her. He mimics her noises and says the most hilarious things. Like "Is Addie eating your boobie Mummy?", "Is she awake, is she talking yet". He loves it when she has her eyes open and he says "she is looking at me".

Dad Those on facebook know but we lost my Dad on the 16th it was the most saddest heartbreaking thing I have ever been through. I had just had Addie just got home from hospital, then we took her up to meet him at his place. He asked to go to hospital that night, we were flooded in the next day and then we rushed to hospital. We spent the next week at his bedside and it was horrible watching him deteriorate. I just love him so much and miss him so much.
The next week we organised the memorial. He had the most amazing memorial service. We went to the beach all wearing summery clothes in bright colours, with heaps of bright summery flowers, we played his favourite songs, then my brothers and all of dads mates took their boards out in the surf, made a huge circle and scattered his ashes. I scattered some on the shore. We all threw the flowers into the ocean, the weather was lovely then it started to rain lightly just after his ashes were scattered. Letting us know he was at peace I think. Then we went to the surf club and played some videos and photos of Dad and drank his favourite beer.

My heart mainly aches for how much my kids are going to miss out on because he was such a fun and amazing person. And its hard that he only got to see Addie a couple of times and he was so sick. Family was so important to him and I could tell it was breaking his heart to have to leave us.

His room was near the helicopter pad at hospital, we had been watching them come and go with all the flood victims. Eli loved watching them, so after I had discussed heaven with him he rationalised the whole situation by saying. "Grandad has gone to heaven in the heaven- copter. The rescue man took his bed to the heaven copter. We cant see him any more because he is in the sky". I just thought it was lovely for him to make that understanding, it definately made my explaining the situation easier.

So poor Addie until a few days ago had only been home 2 nights in her life, So we are still settling in and she is 3 weeks old. I will now go and find my birth story and update you on that part of the last couple of weeks.
Hope you are all well xo
BEc I am thinking of you in the floods xo
Hel I would definately love to catch up with everyone

#10 sun_kissed

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:09 AM

This seems so long ago now....

My birth story at 41+3 weeks!!!!
Well, went into labour 5am Monday morning. Contractions got down to 4 mins apart then went away. So after a few long walks on the beach and bouncing on the fit ball they came back quickly at 5pm monday afternoon. So quickly I didn't have any dinner we just went to the hospital.

When I got there I was already 6cm dialated. The midwives were like "you are doing so well blah blah" and I was like "yep but I want an epidural when I can have one" (pretty traumatised from my last birth). They were saying you haven't even had gass or been in the shower and I said 'yep I do this stage well but I cant psychologically cope with the next stage. So I had a little gass and jumped in the shower. Then they got pretty intense the anethetist came and put in the epidural. Which was excellent.

However I was still only 6cm dialated and it was nearly midnight by this stage. The epi worked though.
However it was like Eli all over again except this time she was around the wrong way!! She had her back to my back and her head facing upwards. Because of this I had a very prolonged pushing stage. They had to try to manually turn her (3 times!!!) which didn't work  .
Turned down the epi so I could push better, didn't work. Turned up th epi and I had to have the vacuum again.
I got so scared something was wrong with her because she wasn't coming out and every one was starting to panic. 3 times they tried with the vacuum and she came out.
I had a 2nd degree tear that needed stitches and was starving and exhausted. But so so thankful she arrived healthy and safe  except with a very sore head. She has some pretty intense marks on her head.
Then I started vomitting after delivery and got a temp but that soon went away (thank goodness) after antibiotics.

Then we had the dramas of feeding (non stop), cracked and bleeding nipples, and she got a rash from the hydra gel discs for my boobs. My back was pretty sore from the posterior labour but not as much as my boobs!!!!!! Ouchy!!!! And my feet swelled up to a monstrous size after birth which was weird.
But 3 weeks on and this is all a distant memory....

Okay think I have filled these forum pages enough now xo

#11 ohsotired

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

J: She is so gorgeous! Just beautiful. Thankyou for sharing your birth story with us. And thankyou for sharing about your dad too. I can tell how much you love him just from those word you have typed!

I think after the first baby you do get use to sleep deprivation. Ben is such a great sleeper during the day and from 7pm til about midnight but then he ends up in bed with us. We don't mind. Whatever we can do to get a good nights sleep third time around!

Where is everyone else in here?

Anyone still friends with Kerri on FB? She has defriended me!

#12 MrsHayley

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

Hey girls waves.gif

It is oh so quiet in here.....I do hope we can all find time to keep posting - even if it is every few days  grin.gif

Bec - Kerri defriended me also sad.gif How is your little family? Has Mak started school now? How is your house going, with the floods? And your parents house?

J - I am sooooooo sorry about your Dad's passing. I agree with Bec, about how much you love your Dad. I am so glad that he got to meet Addie - even though he was in so much pain - but at least he met her, and you have those gorgeous photos to show her when she is older. I just can't even imagine what you are going through bbighug.gif

Hel
- How are your gorgeous girls going? I hope Isla is still sleeping through for you original.gif

Urs - How are you and your boys going? Has Ricky started school yet?

Shell - hhugs.gif

Me - All going pretty good here - just going through a rough financial patch, but got some plans in place to hopefully sort it out  hands.gif Kids are doing remarkably well. Amelia doesn't speak any jibber any more - YAY! It is so weird talking to her and having her speak to me properly - it is still spinning me out laughing2.gif Harrison is walking around everywhere and getting super confident. He is almost running even! That, too, is also spinning me out! I have no more babies left - it's crazy.

Anyway, got to run and get some more stuff done.

Love you girls  wub.gif

#13 shell~

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

It's been a long time since I came in here. Life got hectic, time got short. I've been trying to keep up with all your movements on facebook, but it's not the same as the information in here.

J - I was absolutely heartbroken reading your words about your dads memorial. I'm so proud of Eli and the way he's handled the news too. He's always been such a knowing peaceful little boy.  hhugs.gif

Hales  llove.gif ddown.gif  Thanks for watching my back and looking out for me princess. It's been lovely getting your FB messages from time to time.

Hel and Simone ninja.gif on your fb pages and read your updates every day. I miss our catch ups and talks.  I'm really worried about you both up there. I didn't sleep much last night. I just couldn't stop thinking about you both and hoping you and your families were going to be safe and OK. I've put a lot of things on hold why I try and keep things together here, but I guess the dumbest thing I could have done is put my friends on hold too. I guess I just always assumed you guys would always be in here for a chat when things settled down. Pretty dumb now I look back  ssorry.gif  My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Please keep in touch with us if you can. Let us know you're safe and well as soon as you are able. I can't do much from down here, but if after this there is anything at all you need, please just ask. I would move heaven and earth to make sure you two were ok. llove.gif

Urs - what can i say my lovely. You make me smile ever day original.gif

Kathy & Bel  waves.gif  I hope your'e both doing well. I haven't seen a post in here (going back a few pages).  Kathy - how is your house going?

Better go. Taken up enough of this thread. Much love to you all xoxo

#14 shell~

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

eexcite.gif

Hi Everyone

Just got one of the best texts of my life!! Helen says they are all OK.  Have been worried about them all night.

Simone - I hope you've come through alright too princess! Waiting to hear from someone.

Much love to you all. Praying the rest of the day keeps everyone safe also. xoxo

#15 shell~

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

eexcite.gif

Hi Everyone

Just got one of the best texts of my life!! Helen says they are all OK!!.

No word from Simone - hoping to hear something this morning.

Much love to you all. Praying the rest of the day keeps everyone safe also. xoxo

edited to add...hmmm I think it might be time I updated my photo of Susannah!

Edited by shell~, 03 February 2011 - 06:19 AM.

#16 sun_kissed

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

ddance.gif Yay Helen and Simone xo

Thanks so much Shell for sharing Hope your okay always thinking of you xx wub.gif  wub.gif

Bec: Your amazing with 3 cherubs! Did you make it through the flood?

Hayls: How funny is it that we can communicate with them prperly now!

one handed at the moment xx

#17 marcy3

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hi Girls,

My name is marcy im a newy but an oldy too i was a mamber but a long absence and not being able to remember my password decided to reregister i hope u dont mind me hijacking ur group i have a lil boy born in June 08.

Bit about us im a single mum of 3 beautiful boys i live in Raceview QLD i look forward to getting to know u all over the coming months/yrs.

marcy biggrin.gif

#18 MrsHayley

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

Welcome Marcy biggrin.gif

We are a bit slow moving in the forum these days, but if you stick with us - it's well worth it. These girls are some of my greatest friends wub.gif

Gotta go and get ready for work - will come back in tomorrow.

PS. DH is driving me crazy!!!  wacko.gif

#19 TrickyRicky

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

Hey girls,

J - when I read your posts on FB I just cry, you have a way with words a way I wish I had cool.gif I'm just so glad that he got to meet Addison and that you spent those last days with him cause I'm sure that meant the world to him. xxxxx

Hayls - So whats been happening with DH and where are you working, I may of missed the post?? Casey is the same he speaks so well that people think he is 3 not 2 1/2 but he is still so little.  We are also having a few money issues but hoping that this year will be different!

Shell - you are so hilarious! hows josh going at school? So good to hear you guys were ok in the floods.

Bec - How are you going down there?? anymore water flowing into your backyard?

Helen & Simone - Its so good to hear that you are both well xxxooxx

Welcome Marcy - like hayls said we may not post often but we do and we are great bunch of gals!!!

Bel - if you are out there please post, I have sent you a few text and I have not heard from you, I hope all is well xxx

Me - Well no excuses really I just havent had much to say sad.gif Works miserable and hot! I'm trying to get out there & offer my services with other bookkeepers in our area but they book me then cancel me so thats been a real pain in the a*se. I just need a few months experience with some bookkeepers then I will do my own advertising its not that I'm not confident but I would like some extra knowledge from real clients out there.

Casey is doing well, he is still teeny tiny, talks all the time, still loves a tantrum, doesnt eat. He is still in preschool on Mondays and loves it.

Ricky started kindy yesterday and loves it that much that he is spewin its the weekend  biggrin.gif  Mind you he has been quite naughty lately that he is driving me bonkers!!! I'm sick of threatening him with a red bum & no toys  huh.gif

Today is the anniversary of our DH's best mate that passed away, so DH is down at the local RSL having a few drinks.

Ok well the loungeroom is an absolute pig stye from the boys, they just dont listen, my throat is sore from screaming, so I might just go and cook dinner.

Talk soon Girls

xxx

#20 Summerlover

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

Good morning girls

J - lovely birth story, thanks for sharing.  She is beautiful and I just can't imagine the mixed emotions still with the wonderful love you must feel and the end to another beautiful life so close to you, it must have been all very bitter sweet and then also to deal with that wild weather just out of hospital.   I agree also with what you said about reflux etc in your first - I too now think in hindsight we were dealing with something similar with Yas but to a much lessor degree as I just thought it was quite normal.

Urs - we are all fine thanks.  Sorry to hear things aren't going well with the job but something else will come up.  I always believe that its easier to find a job when you are in one so keep trying it will happen.  Sorry to hear money troubles have reared its ugly head again.  I think tbh most of us will always continue to have money 'probs' because we live in a society where we must have everything NOW  laugh.gif such is life

Marcy - Welcome

Shell -  wub.gif thanks lovey!  you know I will always welome a phone call from you (well any of you actually!).  We have toyed with coming back but really we need to settle for a while and despite the cyclones we do love it so far up here.  DH struggles sometimes with the humidity as he is a sweaty guy but I don't mind it - it was hard with Isla crying on clinging to me through all her pain mind you but if I can get through the heat like that then I'll be fine next year.  My nan just said to me yesterday 'why would people live up there knowing that cyclones are a given?' and I just said yes its horrible to go through them but no-one actually died from it and it was a cat 5 - there was a lot of devastation but no loss of life except the guy her misused his generator but with the floods - people died and fires people died so doesn't matter where you go in this great land of ours, there is always some natural disaster happening.  I spoke to Simone the night before the cyclone on Facebook, she didnt seem too worried as it was coming more North - she was more worried about us.

Hayles - no it didn't last long with Isla sleeping through but I know why.  She is suffering bad reflux again and she just can't get the right quota of milk in her during the day.  Those days she did sleep all night she managed to drink enough during the day but her reflux seems to have come back 10 fold - ho hum???  So I have upped her dose of Losec after discussing with the chemist (she was on a very low dose) and if I don't see an improvement in her this week then I will make an appt with the Paed again and talk about what next.  She is 5 months old today and I just haven't seen her grow up - we have just been watching her in pain constantly, its been very rough but just this past few weeks she is rolling everywhere and preferring her tum and constantly trying to get on her elbows and knees  ffear.gif - so where has my baby gone??????  because of her reflux though Im thinking best she gets to the moving stage and pulling herself up quicker as apparently this is what help keep the reflux at bay too!!
Glad to hear all well with you and your bubs.  Yes my DH still manages to p*ss me off too  roll2.gif

Bec - nice to hear from you.  I reckon you just do what works for you and your family to get sleep and deal with the rest later.  Its hard trying Isla with solids considering her probs but I guess I just need to keep it plain and simple.  Great to hear thngs are going well for you guys.  Are you going to have any more kids or is that it??  BTW Kerri doesn't have me as a friend either - she must have culled a lot of people at New Years because Im sure she was around at Christmas.  Oh well.

Well I may get to post about us - just waiting for Miss Isla to wake and then taking Yas to daycare, it was cancelled last week due to the cyclone so she will be happy.  Isla is 5 months old now as I said to Hayley and I just haven't enjoyed much of her little life unfortunately but just starting to enjoy now if I can get her reflux under control.  I have a spot for her a daycare and she starts next Monday  cry1.gif - I actually cried when they rang me to say they had the 2 days for her but I can't deal with 2 days yet so we are just starting with the 1 and its on a Monday along with Yas but at a different centre as Yas's place doesn't take babies but Isla will be literally around the corner from home.  This day will give me a chance to get my resume up to scratch and start approaching realestate companies about a couple of days work.  I really need to work as I am really over being at home - don't get me wrong I do so much and hardly home of a morning we are always doing something but I just need to be kiddy free a couple of days and bring some extra cash in.  Its been nearly 3 years and I am ready to do something.  Yasmin doesn't need any more days as DH can look after her if I have to work as he is off the days she is off daycare because of his shifts and Isla will go to daycare 2 days if I can get the work (3 if I have to but prefer 2) - and I will aim to going 4 or 5 days in a year once Isla is over 1 and DH then can look after both of them - he is hopeless with babies but once she is eating normally etc and having 1 sleep he will be fine.  So thats my life at the moment.

I can hear Yasmin into something in the kitchen - best go and find out what missy is up to and its lovely to hear from you all in here, its been too long.

So is that the last of babies in this group???? or is someone having any more?  tongue.gif

take care
Helen

#21 sun_kissed

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

I currently have two hand so am able to post!

Welcome Marcy!
Urs: Yep we are struggling on money street two. But I keep telling DH its only while the kids are little and we will get back on our feet when I go back to work. Family is much more important. Casey sounds so cute. Good luck with picking up some work.

Hel: I know how you feel about daycare. I miss Eli when he goes but he really NEEDS to go for both of us. He has so much fun and I am then able to do the shopping clean the house etc. Good luck with the job hunt!

Hayls: hugs to you hope you DH sorts himself out and realises he has such a beautiful wife and kiddies xo

As for me. Pretty tired. Coping quite well I really just love Addie to bits. She is a bit of a shocking sleeper at night but has some good nights. Feeling quite numb I think at the moment about the whole Dad thing I am waiting to when I fall in a heap. That will probably come when DH goes back to work. I have one more week of help then I am on my own!
Better go and shower while I can.

#22 shell~

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

You girls were right when you said this thread was slow moving. What happened?!...oh that's right, Facebook and return to work happened!  I can remember a couple of times I missed a few days of logging in to this forum and our little group of chatterboxes had already moved ahead an entire thread. I used to take me ages to catch up on all the news.

Welcome Marcy!  I live on the north side of Brisbane.  DS is 5 and just started school this year, DD is 2 goes to long day care on the days I work.  How are things in Raceview? I've only been out there a handful of times.

J - You'll be okwhen DH goes back to work. Just think of all that one on one mummy/Addie time - you get her all to yourself original.gif  it may seem like your life is in slow motion right now but it will eventually start moving again.  How is the rest of your family coping?  I'll have to bring the kids up to Bribie one day for a visit and a play on the beach. It's been so long since I last saw you.

Hel - are you on Skype? Add me if you are and we can chat more often.  How are things up there now? Are things getting back to normal?  Sorry to hear Isla's reflux is playing up again. We stopped the Losec for Susannah at 10 months.  She still screams a lot and complains she's got a sore tummy, but I think that's got more to do with her being 2 these days, rather than her refulx.

Bec - how are you sweetie?  Found any more snakes at your place  ffear.gif That would put the fear of god in me.  Hope you're all well.

Kathy & Bel - where are you??

Oh Crap...gotta run. Nearly school time. Hope you're both well urs & hales. I'll try and come back later  bye!

#23 sun_kissed

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:48 AM

ph34r.gif  cry1.gif family falling apart over dad stuff. stressed. 2 hours sleep.

shell: visit sounds great original.gif

#24 shell~

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:24 PM

J bbighug.gif Are you ok sweetie??  I'm really sorry your family is going through such a hard time. It's so unfair. Josh is in school now so I will have to make Bribie a weekend visit. Is that ok for you?

Hales - Hope you're ok too. Just read your FB profile. hhugs.gif

Urs - Is Ricky still doing well? How is Casey?  Have you been out dancing on the tables lately?? I miss those stories!!!

Helen - How are you you gorgeous thing?!  How is the recovery going up there?  It doesn't seem to be in the news much any more. It's all about Christchurch now.  It's just one thing after the other these days isn't it?

Back later.  Hi to everyone else !  xo

#25 ohsotired

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

Hi everyone

Seems rough times for everyone at the moment- hope things pick up for everyone!

All going along here OK, not great but just OK. DH is having another relapse. He has just lost all self confidence and self esteem. He is having problems with his parents relating to work etc. Won't go into details but as I have said in the past, his family don't function together very well and cracks are starting to appear and get bigger everywhere. His mum had her 6th birthday party last night and yesterday DH announced that we weren't going. He said they aren't his family anymore. Kids were dissapointed but I am backing DH on this one. Things that have happened with his parents lately don't warrant playing happy families in front of everyone. A video and some take away dinner and the kids soon forgot about it.

I am doing the Michelle Bridges 12 week challenge and feeling great. Have an appointment to join the gym Tuesday. Looking forward to some me time!

I return to work on the 8th of March- three days a week. Am going to be an extra teacher in the junior grades, little planning, no reports. I can handle that this year! And gosh the money will be FANTASTIC. We are skinned.

Ben is going really well. 9 months now, crawling, pulling himself up on furniture, 7 teeth. Last night he slept from 6.30- 4 which is the longest he has done for ages. He only woke up to because I got up to check him and used my phone as a light and dropped it in the cot. ! I just finished weaning him onto a soy formula last week ( wouldn't drink the neocate and soy is not reacting with him) so think he is fuller and more content to sleep at night rather than feed!

Isobel and Mak are just continuing to be my gorgeous girls!

J: Hope you are okay hun, and that the rest of your family pulls together! Thinking of you. x
Shell: No more snakes but boy what a fright last week. Big brown under the swing. Wasn't bothered by noise and the dog just sat there. Eventually tracked the shovel down and he is now a goner!
Plenty of them around as they have been driven out of their homes by the floods waters.

Hi Urs and everyone else.
Hayley- where are you and is everything okay???

Gotta go, thinking of you all. xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.