85 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=855918

#2 Small Potatoes

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

Gold
Oooh I would like to go to dinner first.  I can drive us all around to the storey bridge afterwards, even though the ferry would be nice

Sharna I feel so organised. I even tackled Will's room yesterday and set up Will's old toddler bed for Olly.  They are going to share rooms for 6-8 weeks after bub comes, so we want to get them used to is sooner rather than later.  Bump is going along well.

Nat I haven't strip washed in soooooo long.  I have some more nappies somewhere - in storage I think - that I want to find an will do those too.

#3 themelster

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:13 AM

Ok. Dinner it is. Is Sianna's ok?  I haven't been but am just thinking of it as it has tapas'y options so people can eat as much or as little as they like. Or share a platter. I dont think the food is outstanding, but I don't think it's bad. And I don't think it's incredibly expensive for those who are watching the pennies. What do you think?  Does anyone have anywhere they'd like to go?  For dinner or drinks?

Bec and Nat, you guys still camping at my joint?

#4 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

Mel - sounds good to me! I love tapas and meals that you can share with friends. Is it in the city or far from the story bridge hotel?

Isnt this weather crazy, but good! I am so glad it isnt as hot as yesterday.

Aidan's sleep has been sh*te the last few nights. Doesnt help that I am also staying up late each night toodling on the net.. Cant seem to make myself go to sleep. One of his bottom teeth is pretty much fully through and i think that is bothering him as he spends all day long chewing on his fingers. I got some teething rusks and he is kind of enjoying them.

Sunny/Gold coast spots for family hols - I am looking at organising 5-7 days for us to stay before I go back to work.. any suggestions? I was looking at caravan/holiday parks specifically at the s/c cabins. So far it looks like Big 4 Noosa and Treasure Island GC are quite good for families. I am happy to drive a bit further if you guys suggest something else.

Bec - how is camping? Hope the weather was ok for you. Seems pretty set in though.

Nat - any flooding up near yours? Will you still be able to get down ok? Did Paul get through to Emerald?
Can I buy some soap off you? I am nearly finished the bars you sent me. It is sooooo yummy!

Mands - I need to get organised so that when I go back to work its all done. I just have to blitz some stuff next week. Nadia is back in daycare mon/thurs so will have those days just with Aidan.

Speaking of daycare... I got the kids into daycare at Greenslopes for thurs/fri. I am going to work wed/thurs/fri and dan will stay with the kids on Wed. The daycare is quite nice and so convenient being on the hospital grounds. Yay!

Gotta go do some house stuff.... bleah!

BBL

Sharna

#5 themelster

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

Sharna, that's fantastivmc you got the kids into daycare at work. Soooo convenient!

Sianna is across the river from the story bridge so we'd have to take a quick ferry ride (Mands - I dOnt think we'd all fit in your car). I just want to go to SB so that we can drink for free LOL. We could have dinner at sianna and then check out a bar close by before ending at the story bridge so we aren't moving around too much.

Mands - I can't wait to see your bump!

#6 Small Potatoes

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

Mel Should be able to fit, has 5 seats and is a commodore so pretty wide across the back.  Love Tapas

#7 meeskamouska

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

Can't wait for Saturday. Dinner sounds FAB!!!!!

Mel - if its ok I'll love to camp at yours still. I've got a mattress bed roll thing I'll throw in. I'll sleep anywhere. 4pm is that still ok.

Sharna - & anyone else. I'll bring soap. I've got stacks there to share. Just speak up & I'll do you a parcel up. I seriously don't want any money...plz!! They r all mostly test type bars anyway.

Sharna - I hope the water clears soon. Paul is killing me  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif . Appartantly he's leaving monday. He says the bridge into emerald is open so we'll see what happens. We r on a hill here so high & dry...to a point. I think everyone is starting to feel a little spongy ATM. How fantastic with the daycare at GSlopes. That should b convenient for work.

Charlee is at DC today. I'm stressing a bit with her DC. I'll fill you in on Sat but am not feeling totally happy with the centre ATM.

Bec - do u need a ride on Sat???

#8 themelster

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

Speak up! Speak up!  biggrin.gif I'd love a little soap parcel Nat. Pretty please.
All good to dos at my joint Saturday night. Can't wait!  Any time from 4pm onwards is good.

What time should we make dinner?  6.30? 7? 7.30?

#9 Small Potatoes

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

Me please Nat original.gif

#10 themelster

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

Man, what do you guys do with the toddlers in this weather?  Especially that afternoon slot between 3pm and 6pm. I'm fast running out of ideas and using the TV far too much.

#11 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Hi Girls

Thanks Nat for thinking about me... Been so busy

Hubby is still on holidays and he is thinking of taking another week off before he goes back to work.... We went 4wding today with friends from melbourne... It was really good except for Kira was a little scared as it was her first time.

I cant wait until school goes back.... the girls are driving me crazy lol. Im going to attempt to put Indy into family day care wed and fri. My brothers girlfriend's sister is a day carer so hopefully i can handle it and my PND doesnt come back like last time..

Girls Night Out - Girls I really hope you have a great time. Wish i could come and meet you all but have been to busy to think straight. We are thinking of heading over to straddy for a weekend at the end of jan. Its our show holiday and would love to get away from the place.

Anyway better get going to do some work

Oh nat - could i pretty please buy some of your soap it sounds wonderful?

Love to you all
Amanda xx

#12 meeskamouska

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

Amanda - Yay on the 4wding. Sounds fun. I'd love to post u some soap down. I think I have your addy but maybe u better pm it to me anyway. No money plz. I'll just send u some & see if u like it.

#13 themelster

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

"see if you like it".....  Puh-leeeeese!!!   wink.gif  You'll love it Amanda!   biggrin.gif

#14 bec8112

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

We are home early :-( camping was so wet and did not stop raining at all! We did not want to get stuck with the rising river levels so decided to leave. Did not really have much fun as it was so hard with the kids and dog in all the rain!

Nat - I would love some more soap :-) I love it so much! Do not worry about picking my up on Saturday, I will drive myself just incase I have to rush home to the kids in the morning.

Mel - yeah I will still stay at your place, do you want me to bring bedding or anything?

Sorry no more time as got to do some unpacking and washing :-(

#15 themelster

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

Nat & Bec - I've got a blow up queen bed so we'll set that up. Don't worry about bringing bedding.

Bec - I can't imagine camping would have been much fun in this weather. You poor thing.

#16 meeskamouska

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

Bec - where did u go camping???? I love to camp, well used to prior to kids. Last time we went camping was at inskip & it rained also. So much work when u get home too, drying everything out. I swore last time that I was just a Motel girl & resided myself to that but I still get the urge.

Sharna - I meant to say before but forgot, have you looked at Cotton Tree for a holiday. There is a great caravan/accomadation/camping type park there. Next time we go its where we'll stay, in a cabin. It has a great beach for fishing, walking, swimming etc. Very suitable for families.

#17 themelster

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

I second cotton tree too Sharna. It's nice because you have the river and the beach. Plus lots if places to eat and some great burger and fish and chip shops.  We usually stay at my brothers place at perigean, so I don't really know many other places and I don't know the GC at all.

#18 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

Ohhh lots of chatty chat going on.. nice one ladies!

Nat - I am looking at Cotton Tree now, thanks for the suggestion. I cant wait to get some more of your soap.

Amanda - 4WDing is not one of my fave pasttimes either, tell Kira that even big girls get a bit scared sometimes.... haha! I second what Mel said, you will love Nat's soap. Just gorgeous.

Bec - ohh i feel your pain. Where we used to camp up near Cairns would always rain and each time we got home I would say never again because of the mess and damp. Hope the washing and packing up wasnt too bad. What are your sleeping arrangements with the two kids when camping?

Dinner - anytime from 6ish would be great for me.

Mands - is Danny home to look after the boys on Sat? Looking forward to seeing your bump.

Mel - do you have a trampoline? Best thing.... rain or shine. Nadia would jump all day if i let her. It does mean that I have to be within eyesight of her but it has the full enclosure so she can fall off. I let her jump out there when it is raining.

Aarrghh... I lose track of time and really need to go to bed.

Sharna

#19 Small Potatoes

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:22 AM

Sharna Does that mean you want me to pick you up at 6 or 5:30 for a 6 dinner?  Yes Danny is home for one more week, but Mum might have one of the boys.

Nat I am yet to try a soap of yours - can't wait original.gif

Bec  ohmy.gif for the rain.  How dissapointing.

Mel Have you had a go at the camera yet?

Amanda I haven't been 4wding, but we are getting a land rover soon, DHs parents are selling theirs to us, so maybe one day I will go.

AFM slept in till 5am this morning.  I have been waking at 4  ohmy.gif .  Will have a power kip tomorrow at lunch though to make sure I have plenty of energy.

#20 themelster

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

Sharna - sounds like I may need to investigate investing in a trampoline...

Mands - yep, tried the camera. I love it!  There are some piccies of Tom on Facebook from it.

Shall we meet at Sianna's brisbane city at 6pm then?  We could have a pet-dinner cocktail / mocktail there.  It's at 71 Eagle St.

#21 Small Potatoes

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

Sounds good original.gif.  Will have a sticky at the pics shortly

#22 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:01 AM

6 it is then. Sounds good!

Mands - my sister Kristi is still undecided as to whether she will come, is it ok to pick her up also? I might try to get a nap in tomorrow while the kids sleep also.

Mel - the 'safe' tramps are really a great investment... Tom and your next little one wink.gif will get lots of use out of it. You can get some that are rated to 120 kgs so you and the kids can jump on it at the same time.

Aidan slept a little better last night.. he only woke 3 times wacko.gif I am hoping it is just his teeth and not a degeneration in his sleeping. He still self settles for his day sleeps, usually without even a little whinge... he is such a good baby. He has also been taking one bottle a day which is great!

A little bit of good news to share... one of my very dearest friends from Cairns who had a/c to conceive their first child and who had just started the a/c journey again to TTC #2 has found out she got pregnant naturally in December! A little christmas miracle it would seem. Fingers crossed for her.

Ok, off to kid wrangle.

Sharna

#23 meeskamouska

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

Oh Sharna - that is fantastic news for your friend.

Mel - I 2nd the trampoline thing. We have 2. A huge round one & Charlee has one she got for xmas/biffy last year?? cant remember which one.  Her's is a smaller round one, lower to the ground & has an enclosure like Sharna. I think I paid $199.  Rain or shine... my girls are out there. In summer Bella puts the sprinkler underneath it. Total waste of water from our tanks but fun. Charlee has only just figured out how to jump properly. Its very cute. Sometimes the girls just take out a heap of toys & play on there too.
I find it hard in the rain also. The girls get a bit stir crazy. Bubble baths, big boxes, build a cubby with sheets & set up his cars in there, drawing..... or telly...rofl!! My babysitter. Thankyou Micky mouse clubhouse...I love you!!!

Sharna - Kristi should come. She'll get along great with everyone. Hows Dan going???

Another rainy day in here. Paul cant get to emerald & thus putting it off till Wed at this stage. He's depressed. Sending me. I think he loves his job more than his family.
Not sure what I'll do today.
Josh goes home tomorrow. I'll be the red blotchy faced woman walking out of the airport. LOL.  Its been so nice having him here for the hols.
Better head. Charlee keeps dumping books on my lap...i think she's trying to tell me something. Laugh.

#24 Fabulous

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

I would love to get one of those big round trampolines but I have heard so many reports about the net, pads and so forth disintegrating within 12 months that I have been put off. You probably just have to be careful with which brand you buy. We did have a rectangle trampoline a few years back and Sara did break her arm, it was a bit ironic really because she was only sitting on the trampoline and not jumping when she fell to the ground. If only I had watered our lawn more, it would have cushioned her fall a bit.

No rain here but that's normal here in summer with our lovely mediterranean climate. Just baad for our gardens.

#25 themelster

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

Gah, rain.  Go away.  I went for a run this morning and half the bike paths and one of the roads is under water.  I ended up having to wade calf deep through them.  I guess I shouldn't complain compared to up north.  Those poor families.  

Ros - my girlfriend's little boy recently broke his arm falling off his trampoline.  He's 5.  Ironically it is one of those expenso springless ones but his uncle was looking after him and forgot to do the zip up and he fell out the door of it.....  tense family situation there!  My girfriend was very unhappy with her BIL....  

Nat - Build a cubby with sheets.  Great idea, I'll do that.  Tom will love it.  He's not really a big drawer.  I wish he was.  Hearing about how Bella and Charlee play together makes me happy about my decision to try for #2.  I've dusted the "maybe baby" off..
Looks like you'll need some cheering up tomorrow night after dropping Josh off.  Luckily we'll all be there to help do that!  biggrin.gif

Sharna - I really hope Kristi decides to come.  It would be lovely to meet her.  Just tell her how awesome we all are.  hee.  That really is great that Aiden self settles for his naps.  I still pat/rock Tom to sleep during the daytime...  blush.gif   Actually, at night too at the moment due to him being unwell.  I hope this doesn't mean a relapse in his sleeping.  I was loving him going to sleep on his own and sleeping until 6.30!  The last couple of mornings have been between 5am and 6am.
Brilliant news about your girlfriend.  It's always nice when people that struggle to conceive and have been through hell and back, fall naturally (or even un-naturally!).  That happened to my girfriend recently - at 40.  She's almost 20 weeks now.

Bec - are you still on for tomorrow night?  I hope so!  Is 6pm too early for you?  We'll probably leave my place about 5.30pm to catch the bus in.  I hope it's not raining!

Off to get my hair cut this afternoon.  Need to do something about this mullet that is developing.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.