October 08 Parents # 69

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#26 themelster

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hey ladies,

I just checked out my bus timetable and was wondering if we could make the meet time 6.30pm?  The buses only run every hour here on Saturdays and I think the one the hour before might be a bit early for us.  The next one gets us into the city at 6.15pm and then we will need to walk down to Sianna's.

Bec & Nat, this means we will need to leave my joint at about 5.45pm.

#27 Small Potatoes

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Sharna I fogot about Kristy and I can definitely pick her up. How exciting for your friend.

Mel I can do 6:30

#28 meeskamouska

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Paul is at the pub & refuses to come home. I even went down & asked him nicely to come home for tea. He won't come. I'll be so p*ssed if he ruins tomorrow for me.  I have no one that can do 2 days for me with the girls. What an a*se!! Hoping I'm over reacting & he sees sense. He didn't even ask if I wanted to stay & have a drink with him. Man, I'm the wrong person living the wrong life.
Send good vibes my way!!

#29 bec8112

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

Oh Nat I hope he sees what he is doing is wrong and comes home asap! I would be so annoyed!

Mel - can you SMS me your address again as I think I deleted the last message. I will aim to leave my house at 5pm which should get me there with time to spare. Fingers crossed!

Sorry no more personals, Ethan and Hannah were hard work today and I am buggered!

#30 themelster

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

Oh no Nat - I hope he doesn't ruin tomorrow for you too. I'd be devestated if you couldnt make it.

#31 meeskamouska

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

Oh, looks like I jumped the gun. He just rang & asked me to come get him. Thank goodness!!!! I feel so relieved.
ddance.gif  ddance.gif  ddance.gif
cclap.gif  cclap.gif  cclap.gif
eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif

#32 themelster

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

Phew!!!!!

#33 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

Nat - Men are silly things arent they...  I bet he felt guilty about it the minute you walked out the door. They just dont like being told what to do sometimes!

Mands - so would pick-up be around 6 to get into town by 6.30? Thanks again for the offer of a lift.

Mel - you reminded me I need to get a haircut also... Did you change your style? I am just going to get a trim as my hair is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long now.

Bec - I hear you on the kids tiring and trying you sometimes. Nadia has refused he day sleeps for the last 2 days and is quite feral by bedtime. She is still a gorgeous munchkin though... tonight as she was saying goodnight to Aidan she was calling out... night night my sweetie.

If anyone is friends with Sarah (spersephone) and can see her FB albums go check out the play kitchen they built for her girls. It is amazing. I am going to see if my BIL can do one for Nadia. He is a cabinet maker by trade. I commented on the pic so you may be able to see it from my profile page.

I should go to bed early but I LOVE this quiet time at night where I can do whatever I want. Just a few minutes more...

See you all tomorrow original.gif

Sharna

#34 Small Potatoes

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

Sharna I will pick you up at 6. Will send pm in morning when on my computer

Nat glad he is on his way home

I have been having the strongest braxton hicks.

#35 meeskamouska

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

I'll b leaving my place by 9am so u if u need me for anything during the day just ring or txt my mobile.

#36 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

Mands - sent you a pm back.

Nat - drive safely... cant wait to see you again!

Off to get a haircut this morning.. although probably just a trim.

Both kids slept abit better last night.

Sharna

#37 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

just popping in to say...

Hope you girls are having a wonderful night out... Have a drink or 3 for me... Wish i was there with you all......

cant wait to hear how it went

Amanda xx

#38 Small Potatoes

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:20 AM

Amanda We had a great night, maybe next time you can come down.  I only had mocktails, but the girls had some great looking cocktails at dinner and a bottle of Veuve.

Thanks for the great night girls, sorry to pike so early.  Thanks for the drinks Mel, and the soaps Nat.

#39 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:57 AM

Girls - It was so nice seeing you all again. I had a lovely time at dinner and the champers was divine.. thanks Mel! I really did consider staying longer but didnt fancy the idea of a trip home on the train by myself later in the night... its 45 mins to my stop from the city. What time did you kick on till? How are the heads this morning?

Amanda - we did have a nice time. Dinner in the city overlooking the river with views of the bridge. Cocktails were yummy.

Mands - thanks for the taxi service and the lovely chats to and from. You are just glowing and the picture of a radiant pregnant woman. That purple dress really suited you.

Mel - I meant to tell you last night that your top was really cute. Thanks so much for organising it all.

Nat - It was so good to see you again. I feel like slowly slowly I am getting to know you better IRL if you know what I mean. Your hair was beautiful.

Bec - You looked so lovely last night, like a gorgeous yummy mummy. So nice to chat to you because I feel like we havent chatted much any time we have all caught up. I hope the drive home isnt too bad today and the kids/dave go easy on you original.gif

Aidan only woke once... yay! and Nadia is up now since 0730 so I got a little sleep in which is heaven. Doesnt help that I went to bed closer to 1am after chatting to Dan on skype. I have all the family coming over for dinner tonight and am making corned beef int he slow cooker. Yum!

Hi Ros/Georgia if you are reading in.

BBL

Sharna

*edited for double post*

Edited by Alis Volat Propiis, 09 January 2011 - 08:21 AM.

#40 bec8112

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

I am home safe :-) head is ok but will need to have a nap later in the day. We had another 3 bottles after Mands and Sharna left!

Thanks Mel for organising the night out, it was so much fun!

Sharna - we will have to get our chubby bubs together soon. When are you going back to work and what days are you working??

Mel - thanks for letting us stay at your place. How are you feeling???? How's the head?

Amanda - hope you are able to come to our next meet up.

#41 themelster

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

blush.gif  Head hurts.....  Sorry ladies, I'm not usually that loose....  Must have been the champers and the fact that I rarely drink these days...  Hope I didn't offend anyone!

#42 bec8112

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

Ha ha ha Mel you were so funny! You did not offend me at all, it was great fun!  Oh i forgot to tell you, I left you some home grown tomatoes on the bench :-)

#43 themelster

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

Got them, thanks Bec!  I was wondering where they came from.

Mark has been relaying some horror stories this morning. One of which was that we consumed 7 bottles of veuve??  Surely not!  I only counted 3...

#44 bec8112

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

Mel - I think it was 4 bottles, 1 when Sharna and Mands were there and then I think we had 3 more?????? I could be wrong though   tongue.gif

#45 Fabulous

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

Glad to hear that you lovely ladies had a great night.

Not much happening hear, Jack and Chelsea are watching Curious George, they are huuuge fans of that show. Chelsea starts kindy in 3 weeks time which will be awesome for both of us, lol. Kindy is the first year of education over here and she will be attending 2 days a week at the same school as her big sisters. We are lucky to get free pre-school in WA, sadly many states don't have it.

Edited by ceres, 10 January 2011 - 11:33 AM.

#46 meeskamouska

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

Just got in from the weekend.
What a nightmare getting home girls!!
After I left Mels I couldn't get thru at Kilcoy & went back round the other way. It took me 5hours just that leg. Then when I finally got around the other way I found that road flooded in &they closed the road behind me. The township that lives on the lower side where evacuated as well so it was a busy night.
Anyway...safe & sound now.

I'll catch up on reading later today. I believe it was 5 bottles of Vert!!!!
Hows the head Mel... do u have a lump where u cracked your head on the cement.... ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

#47 bec8112

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Oh no Nat, sounds like it was such a hard time getting home for you and having no phone must have made it harder! Did you manage to find the PIN number for it?

#48 meeskamouska

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

Read back!!

Bec - oh yes I unlocked my phone. I really took my time thinkin about it cause one more time & I'd b locked out. Thank goodness cause I would of been lost without it.

How lovely was that restaurant???!!! I'll go there again for sure. I had the best night with everyone.
Mel, you're great fun & TY for the bubbles. It was lovely. Vert?? Veuve...I'm so not cultured hey!! Also you've got a good thing going on there with Tom & Mark. U must feel so blessed at times. Tom is such an adorable child.
Bec, how much fun r u too!! Did u get Mr Horticulturist number... roll2.gif  roll2.gif
Also Mel & Bec..... " I have the llllock to unlock all your locks"!!!! Funny as!!! Do u remember this?
Sharna, Theres never enough time is there to catch up fully on chit chat. I'll come visit soon.
Amanda, you looked devine!!! Glowing. Was nice for me to finally get to know u a bit better. Like Sharna & Bec I always feel like I've missed out chatting with u. Thanx for driving, how arsey was that spot!!

Mumto2girls, hows the weather in Stanthorpe??

#49 themelster

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

Hmmm, I'm on my phone and it keeps deleting what I'm typing!  The lock to unlock all. Soooo funny Nat!  I'll post more when I get home.

#50 themelster

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

Ok, no, no lump on my head.  But by-geez it hurt the next day.  headache to end all headaches.  I was sick all day.  It was worth it though - what a fun night.  I can't remember leaving.  Did I leave peacefully or did you have to drag me kicking and screaming.  I can't remember the cab ride home, or getting home for that matter.....  How embarrasing.....  Did I really undress in the kitchen?  I hope I at least left my nickers on  blush.gif   What a terrible host.  I couldn't even drag my sorry ar*e out of bed to say goodbye....   blush.gif  blush.gif  blush.gif

Horticulturist!?  What horticulturist.  I wish I could remember more... LOL

Nat - yeah, I've chosen pretty well with Mark.  I think I'll keep him  tongue.gif   And Tom too.  I do feel blessed.  But I take it for granted sometimes too and don't treat him as well as I should.  I'm lucky he puts up with me sometimes.  

Got my Uni student ID and enrolled in all my units today.  woo hoo!

Ros - Tom loves curious George too.  Although Bob the Builder is his favourite!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.