Silver roll2.gif

#4 bellemae

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

Bronze!!!!!!!!!!!!

waves.gif

#5 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

where is everyone   ohmy.gif

nothing new to report here really... taking Damo to the zoo next week (he's been there before but apparently can't remember any of the animals huh.gif ) want to take him on the ferry while we're there - can't wait to see his face light up, he's never been on a boat before.  I am kicking myself though, went over to the neighbours house yesterday to drop something off but she wasnt there, just her husband.. he mentioned how frazzled his wife has been - kids driving her bonkers etc so I offered to take their 4 yr old DD to the zoo next week.. then he piped up that his wife might want to go too.. bah wish I kept my mouth shut - I dont want to take her.. she's a nuisance!  Last time I took her we had to do everything she wanted to do and Damo/I missed out on some of the shows they had on rant.gif  Hopefully her husband will forget to mention it to her and I can sneak Damo there by myself.. hands.gif

On another note (feel free to skip!) i am so annoyed with my mum..  This is going to sound terribly ungrateful but I need to vent!!

She's always complaining about being broke (she's terrible with money management) then this morning a parcel arrived from her (from south africa) - she paid 1200Rand to have it mailed here and same as always, the package is filled with embarrassing rubbish I dont want!  Little trinkets from her kitchen that she's obviously been using (blue tack still stuck on some of them), various cheap and nasty toys/bracelets etc for the kids - half of which either look nasty or just dont work, a bunch of necklaces/rings of mine from when I was 12 (she pinched them from me for some bizarre reason) and now she's saying these are all new stuff she got for me.. wtf!

a door plaque for emily's room with 2 on it.. she's 3 mum, 3!  only a small parcel for Damian and lots of rubbish for Emily - this annoys me because she is always giving me grief because she's under the impression that I spoil Emily more than Damian and here she is sending him one thing and Emily lots of stuff glare.gif

Then theres a whole bunch of those enviro bags you can easily get from Coles/Woolworths and some lined with foil - like you can't get it here or something??

the one thing she sent me that I really wanted was a really old South African cookbook which has finally been printed in English - beautiful book but my mum has "raped" it for me by putting gold stars and 'cute' cow stickers on the inside pages.  Made her own scribbles on the blank pages you get at the front/back of the book.  Scribbled hearts and stars next to recipes she likes.  This is going to sound stupid but I dont want the damn thing now!

And to top it all off - she has put hands full of heart shaped glitter over and inside everything - there is glitter all over the house now!  rant.gif

I dont want to sound ungrateful but I wish she saved that money and spent it on her bills, car expenses, food etc.. instead she sends me a big box full of stuff - and 70% of it will be going straight back in the box so I can throw it out.. and the postage costs were horrendous!

Anyway, vent over LOL sorry I didnt want to go and whinge in the Vent section - dont feel like being mauled Tounge1.gif

Hope everyones keeping well!  has anyone heard from Cerian lately?  she's been so quiet unsure.gif

be back later to catch up on personals!

Edited by ~~Lynny~~, 07 January 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#6 Kay1

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

Eek Lynny! sad.gif I thought you and the neighbour got on well? Or is this a different neighbour? Maybe say you've changed plans and aren't going any more if she calls unsure.gif.

And yikes on that package from your mum! Sounds very odd. Oh well, I'm sure it made her feel good to send it even if it didn't make you feel good to receive laughing2.gif.

C is ok, she's just been super busy I think.

Well just back from a visit to the Museum of Sydney. It was good but Leo was being a pain. OMG some days he does NOT stop whinging and crying. Sooooo glad to stick him in bed today. I had a migraine yesterday and feel it coming back so off to lie down for a bit.

#7 butterflies

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

Hey there girls!!

Merry Christmas, Happy New year and all that

wow this group has really slowed down, I didn't even post in the last one at all, think it must have been the busy time of year and all.

We arrived home from our holiday at the south coast at 1am sunday morning, we left early because it was going to be raining in the morning and didn't fancy packing up the caravan in the rain and also Zahli wasn't well.  She has only just got over it today, had high temps then threw up just as we drove into out street coming home.  I took her to the Drs and she said it was step throat and that the symptoms can be flu like?? anyway her last lot of panadol was last night at 12 and then she woke with no high temp but still throwing up and runny bum.  But tonight has eaten EVERYTHING in sight, so hopefully it has passed, though now Paris has a high temp. argh.

We had a great holiday, relaxing, beaching it, swimming, fishing etc  the kids LOVE staying at the caravan park and we hardly see them when we are there, they only come back when they are hungry lol  they make lots of friends and saw some from last year, we have booked again for next year.

Next on the list is school things, we already have the lists of things for both Paris and Alannah and both Zahli and Alannah needs school shoes.  What an expensive time of the year.

I think I am more excited at Zahli going to school than her, she seems a bit unexcited about the whole thing, though she has been going there since she was born and knows the school back to front, also knows all the kindy teachers name, though calls them all Mr .......... when they should be mrs ........

Belle I think I read before, yes all the kids should be starting school thins year unless given an exception for some learning difficulty or something else.  All children should have started school by the year they turn 6.

Welcome to the new member, sorry can't remember your username from last thread.

Lynny you may have to point blank tell your mum not to send anything and to put her funds to her bills, I know my mum needs those kinda things spelt out to her.

my mum retired a few months back so funds are tight, and she is stil insisting she is going to buy Zahli first pair of school shoes like she did for the other two girls.  but I will have to spell it out for her that she won't be this time.

Lynny have fun at the zoo, I think we will be going next week sometime.

My baby turns 10 in a week or so, I cannot believe that she will be double digits, though her moods show it but time has just flown by.

OK time for dinner, I had a 4 hour nap this afternoon, have an awful headache yet again.

#8 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

Hi Everyone

Hope that everyone is okay with the flooding in Queensland and NSW and the bushfires in WA.

Thank you for the welcome when I came along just before Christmas, I hope that everyone had a good one.

I have my September baby, Elizabeth who is 5 and already counting down to school, so I think she is ready.  She asks daily, how many weeks until she goes.  I am mixed about it, on one hand great, life's next adventure for you, enjoy it.  On the other hand I am sad as I have generally enjoyed being at home with her over the last 9 months, since her sister was born in April last year.  

Elizabeth is a get up and go person, will organise anyone and everyone to do what she wants but if you are upset she will try to help you feel better.  

If you are looking for school holiday activities in Melb, I can highly recommend Scienceworks at Spotswood.  We went there today and both the girls had a ball.  Elizabeth went from one area to another and Rhiannon stayed awake the whole time just watching and when we took her out of the pram playing.  We got there about midday and left at closing time and we could easily have spent another hour to two.  All it cost was 2 adult tickets at $8 each.  We took our own food and drinks.  Well worth the trip.

Have a good week everyone

#9 Kay1

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hi Fiestycat,

That Science expo sounds great! Will be sure to check it out if we go to Melbourne. original.gif

Quick question - do your 5 year olds have a decent attention span? I only ask because we have had a few playdates recently and the kids seem to want to play with something and then they give up on it after about 2 minutes. Its exhausting as they leave stuff EVERYWHERE and Nate gets so frustrated as he's just getting into playing whatever and the kid gives up. Maybe its just because the toys are new to them and they want to try them all out? I don't know - Nate gets bored with his own toys but if he does get into playing with something he will play it for hours. unsure.gif

#10 mirandarine

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

Good luck to all of our Septemberries as they start big school!

Qld kids start this week- C is off tomorrow and I am sitting here in a state of utter insomnia as I just cant fathom the end of an era it marks. No more deli milkshake dates on a thursday, no more shopping just the two of us, no more "Shhh dont tell Zara what we did today!" and all the rest.
I am happy for her, I know she is excited and scared in equal measures.

Where did my baby go?

And Kay- Charlotte has a dreadful attention span. 10 mins at most! She is the dump and run friend Im afraid. I wish she wasnt! lol

Edited by mirandarine, 23 January 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#11 Kay1

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

Miranda - cry1.gif Aw....poor you. sad.gif All the best for tomorrow. bbighug.gif

#12 butterflies

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:32 AM

Good luck for Charlotte, and maybe a tissue box for mum, good luck miranda.

Kay as for attention spans Zahli is pretty good and will sit and draw for hours or play with the same toy for a while, mmm not sure about at someone elses house though maybe I should pay attention to my child more lol

what day are all you kids starting school?

Paris and Alannah go back on the Monday and then Zahli starts on Tuesday at 10.40am gee what do I do on my fisrt day off of the year!!

#13 Allele

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hi everyone

i just joined EB and found this thread, and thought id introduce myself.

My DS is so excited to be going to school fulltime this year. He hated the two days Daycare and two days school last year - i think we are all hanging out for a routine for every week day!
DH and I both work fulltime at we are TTC atm - so i hope to be using this site more often!

Im in Perth, Hammond Park and Sept 05 DS is going to Success Primary (incase there are any local mums on here too)

#14 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Welcome BexWA, I am the other newie here as I only joined in the last thread.

Kay Elizabeth's attention span is great if she is engrossed in what she is doing and non-existent if she doesn't want to do it.

Miranda good luck for the first day of school, lots of hugs for both of you.

Elizabeth starts at 8:40am on Wednesday 2nd of February.  I know that she is looking forward to it but I am sort of but not as well.  It is hard to believe how fast the holidays have gone.

Good luck for everyone starting school in the next week or so.  Good luck to all the parents.

#15 Starbuck

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

Just quickly tonight cause I am buggered. Would you believe that "Post in Septemberries" is on my To Do list  laugh.gif

I don't think that I have posted this anywhere, but I am the Campaign Coordinator for the local Greens candidate. I love doing it, and future career (with actual $$ after uni) it is great experience, but it is a lot of work and I already have so much on my plate with Rosie starting school. She starts Thursday 3rd and Alyssia starts on Monday. Plus I am trying to do more subjects at UNI this semester. (I do know all the withdraw without penalty dates though laughing2.gif )

So much stuff I am organising for Ro for school with medication and stuff. Still not sure how much Aide time she will get. I have worked out a sticker system for her food with her new strength medication. (Stupid Solvey Pharmaceutical!! rant.gif ) and we will meet with the Principal and her teacher next week to discuss everything. I am freaking out though. If she didn't have CF it would be fine but all the things I have to now trust the school to do, I don't know if I can.  unsure.gif

Hi to the newbies. I look forward to getting to know you both.  I have 2 girls, Alyssia 8 and Rosalie 5, my Septemberry  wub.gif. This group of ladies has been the most amazing source of strength for me. They are now some of my closest friends!!

Rosie has Cystic Fibrosis, I have some medical conditions. Not sure where I was going with that, but anyway.

As some of you know from facebook, Rosie had her adenoids out last Wednesday, she is still snoring though and the Dr said if she was still snoring when we see them again (next Wed) then they'll take her tonsils too. Why the heck they didn't do them at the same time... wacko.gif They didn't think they were big enough to be causing a problem. Not sure if they'll do another sleep study?? She has been on antibiotics since the Dec admission. Thankfully not the nebulised ones anymore but I am a bit worried she hasn't shaken the cough altogether, especially with school starting.

Kay Rosie has a really short attention span and leaves mess everywhere she goes. She can focus on the TV or any screen for a very very long time though.  wwhistle.gif
Today she suggested that if we put things away after we use them, then we wouldn't have to do house tidy's all the time. Thanks Ro, we had never thought of that. blink.gif

Anyway, I can't wait to see all our Septemberries in their uniforms and hear about their first days.

So if this was brief... roll2.gif imagine what you get next time  laughing2.gif I have been coming back and forth so sorry if it's disjointed (like the CF bit  unsure.gif )

wub.gif to all.

#16 mirandarine

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

Kay- forgive me for bringing this up- but if memory serves me correctly this may be your pram?

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=864068

#17 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

I understand about the medical forms and management plan, Elizabeth has one and we are starting to update it for next week.

#18 Kay1

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

LOL Kirsten, I loved your post. Especially Ro's revelation about putting things away as you go - pure genius! laughing2.gif

BexWA - welcome! original.gif

Miranda - I do have one of those prams but that's not actually the one that got Leo's finger! That was the Maclaren. I will be sending off the the Phil and Ted's hinge covers as well.

Just had a BBQ for Aus day with friends. Really should be cleaning up but can't be bothered - its so hot! Thank god for the pool today.

#19 bellemae

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:11 AM

Thought I should pop my head in here - I've been so bad at making time. With full-time work, I'm finding it hard to get much time for anything else. Matt's been studying over the summer + with the kids at home nothing else seems to fit in...Then come Feb I'll be studying too, just one unit, but it will be an interesting juggle!!

Can't believe the kids are back at school in a few days! I'm taking a few hours off Monday morning so I can see Kai's classroom & meet his new teacher. I've heard wonderful things about her, apparently she's the advanced literacy teacher and a few of his close friends will be going into the same class. (I may have already told you guys this at the end of last term - can't remember, sorry if I'm repeating myself!)

Kay Kai has an amazing attention span, probably not so usual though...I don't know. Kai will happily sit for hours drawing, playing Lego, whatever, so long as someone is doing it with him friend/parent/Tien, anyone, he's not much of a solo man.

Miranda Hope Charlotte has enjoyed her first week of school (Loved the pics!).

Ooh, in other news, Kai has started riding his bike without the training wheels!! YAY!! We took them off around 2 weeks ago and within 3 days he was riding like a pro. He LOVES it! A Little overconfident and has stacked it a few times, once badly while showing off to Tien and look behind himself! It's great though, we can go for family bike rides, I've been really looking forward to this biggrin.gif

Better go, I hear the sound of sleepy childrens footsteps.

Probably wont get back on before Monday, so good luck on all the first days of school (for both mums and Septemberries!!)

#20 Starbuck

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Good Luck to all the Septemberries who are starting school tomorrow!!!

ddance.gif and  wub.gif  for kiddies   cry1.gif for Mummies and maybe   unsure.gif and also possibly  eexcite.gif or  ffear.gif or  biggrin.gif

#21 Kay1

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

cry1.gif  Not til tomorrow but still. cry1.gif

Good luck everyone. Gee we've been through a lot together. wub.gif

#22 ~*danielle*~

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

as we all know, I dont post very often these days but please know that I always think of you all (and facebook helps!)... I can not believe our septemberries are starting school.  OMG, I am getting teary just thinking about it (yes yes I am a sook!)...

I can not wait to see everyones first day at school photos and no doubt I will get teary again looking at them!!

Jaz doesnt start until Friday.  I dont want Friday to come sad.gif

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OUR SEPTEMBERRIES

geez the last 5-6 years have gone quick.  As Kay said, we really have been through so much together over these years.  The support that you have all given me has been incredible and I am very lucky to have such amazing friends. wub.gif wub.gif

Edited by ~*danielle*~, 31 January 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#23 cjandlj

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

biggrin.gif Hey gals.  Another one coming in to wish all of our Septemberries of 2005 a wonderful first day at school.  

I know some started yesterday and some are starting next week but I just wanted to come in and wish everyone luck.

I know I dont come here often but as Dan said earlier I love reading about what you are all up to on Facebook.  I never expected to meet such a wonderful and supportive bunch of women when I joined this website.  And tomorrow Lani starts school with one of her little Septemberry playmates.  Its all very surreal.

You've been a great support to me over the years and I hope everyone of you has a great "first day."

Im so sad and scared and nostalgic and emotional about Lani starting school.  I think a lot of it is because she is my baby and my last and she's my girl.  There's plenty of anxiety about her HD as she still has issues every now and then... But as she said to me tonight as I kissed her goodnight, she rubbed my cheek and reassured ME that it would be alright!  I'll be ok mum!  

So.... ill take my tissues!  cry1.gif

Looking forward to first day photos on facebook.

Much love to all   bbighug.gif

Rochelle xoxo

#24 Kay1

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

cry1.gif wub.gif

Oi what a day!

#25 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

We start tomorrow, clothes all chosen, paperwork completed, just need to finish off the medical box tonight and then we are ready.  All we have to do is get up, dressed, breakfast, photo and get there on time.  

I keep telling myself, I will not cry in front of her and save it for the car.

Then I am going to do the grocery shopping with only one child but I think I will shout myself to a hot choc first.

Good luck everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.