September 05 Parents #401

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#26 Kay1

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

Good luck Fiestycat and Elizabeth!!

Fiesty, do you want to share what Elizabeth's condition is? No worries if not but we'd be interested to know. original.gif

#27 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

Elizabeth is a type 1 diabetic, sorry I thought that I had mentioned it.  

We did it, we made it this morning and on time as well, major accomplishment for this household as I am sure DH and Elizabeth don't have a bone in there bodies that could get them anywhere on time. original.gif  I do love them though.  As Elizabeth is going to Steiner, she is in the same room for 3 yo, 4yo kinder and Prep with the same teacher so for us in many ways it was just returning for a new year but as a parent it is still both exciting and sad to see happen every year.  Our big test will be next year when she changes rooms and teachers but also how they cope with the diabetes as it has taken several years to get it sorted for kinder, hopefully it will all flow though to class 1.  This is one of the reasons we choose Steiner, that Elizabeth has the same teacher in early years and then from class 1 to either class 6 or 8.  Hopefully this will be a good thing for the diabetes but we will see.

Sarah

#28 Kay1

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

Glad it went well Sarah. Sorry, maybe you did mention the diabetes and I missed it. That's great that the school have been on top of things. original.gif

OMG my house is an oven. sad.gif Its just horrid.

I spent a kid free day at the beach today which was divine but now back in the hot box. Might have to stay over with someone with aircon tonight!

#29 Starbuck

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

Well, Rosie starts tomorrow. I am feeling so many emotions.  ffear.gif wub.gif cry1.gif blush.gif wacko.gif unsure.gif sad.gif biggrin.gif       ddance.gif ddown.gif    
I told you I was feeling a a lot!  grin.gif  

I cannot believe she is 5, all we've been through and here is this bright, very healthy (for having CF) girl who is off to school and I have to let them take care of her for me. I know she went to preschool and FDC, but I could keep her home more and like everyone it is just so huge when they go to Kindy. Also, she will be our last. I have finally come to be at peace with that, so my BABY is going to school.  cry1.gif

She is super excited. We were bad and didn't ever get the bedtime to a good time before school. Hopefully we will get in the rhythm of things soon.  blush.gif She is all ready and the school seems ready now too despite the hiccup yesterday.

She saw her Dr's today. So cross that the ENT HAS decided to take out tonsils. No idea when. I asked if he could give me a vague idea and he quoted shakespeare!! WTF! blink.gif I think the quote meant he couldn't be sure, but WTF!

I am loving doing the campaign stuff. I am really good at it and despite physically it being a little too much (just wait when I try to add in Uni  ffear.gif ) i love it. It makes me feel good to DO something and be seen as capable. Someone on our team used to be a researcher/media/policy/organiser for the guy who was our very successful federal MP for many years. She has just been involved by email, but came to a meeting the other night and she said at the end (after I had said that she should do my job cause she is so experienced) that I am doing an amazing job and that she was sitting there thinking what an "exceptional young woman" I seemed to be  ddance.gif
That just has made me so happy. I have not had high esteem as I have been doing such a routine casual job only very occasionally and have been so unwell and not thought I could manage something like this.  Knowing I can do something like this and be really good at it is so wonderful. It has also affirmed that this is what I want to "be when I grow up" so majoring in politics was a good choice. Not that I can REALLY say I am "majoring" in anything yet since I have so far only done 2 subjects. laughing2.gif

Anyway, I am so thankful you are all in my life cause really there are not that many people I can say all this too and not feel stupid, but you guys are just the most amazing group!!!  wub.gif

So enough of this love fest!

Fiestycat - I know what you mean with the diabetes and how difficult it is to do this next step, even though they have already been doing something similar. Plus, it will always be an achievement to be on time since we are routinely late for everything!!!!

Is anyone in contact with any of the missing members of this group? Is anyone in touch with Cerian?

#30 Kay1

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

Kirsten that post was just lovely. Made me get goosebumps. original.gif I am so happy for you that you've found something so fulfilling and something you are so talented at. original.gif And I have always thought you were an exceptional young woman! Tounge1.gif

Good luck tomorrow - I know a little bit of how you feel obviously but with Rosie's issues its even more extreme. I found the night before and the first day the hardest and now its good. original.gif

I am usually in touch with Cerian but haven't been just recently.

We ended up spending the night at my SIL's last night as she has aircon and it was just too hot in our house. It worked well as they have a spare queen bed, a spare single and a spare cot! Except Leo was keeping Nate awake so we had to put him in our room and then they were both a bit unsettled so DH quit at midnight and came home. Of course as soon as he left we all slept through til 6.30am! laughing2.gif It was lovely to have a break from the heat and Leo and I spent the morning at the shops in the aircon. DH thinks I have a problem as I just wasn't coping with the heat but I think its because he only has to deal with it for a short time and spends the rest of the time in aircon comfort! This heat wave has really done me in. sad.gif Anyway thank goodness the temp dropped this afternoon and its now quite pleasant! So I'm trying to reassemble the house after three days of not doing any housework and lots of keep cool efforts. Think I will sleep well tonight!

Edited by Kay1, 03 February 2011 - 07:44 PM.

#31 Ms Kelly

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

quick hello from kelly in qld. hope you're all well........... original.gif)

noah started school a couple weeks ago and LOVES IT ~ he was ready 6 months ago. kat started HIGH SCHOOL would you believe, so it was a big week for me.

not much else to report. my new relationship is growing stronger and im very happy. we got flooded in last month as you would have seen, but we were safe in our home.

biggest news is im preparing for my 3rd baby. not pregnant yet, but will be trying soon. ould like to conceive this year.

thats about it. i thought id just check in and say hi

love love
kelly...

#32 Starbuck

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

Hi Kel:  So great to hear from you!! biggrin.gif  That's wonderful about the new relationship and potential baby. And OMG Kat starting high school. I'm sure she is growing up into a beautiful little lady.  It's amazing to think all our septemberries are starting school.
Glad to hear you were safe in the flooding. Keep us posted about how you are going. A lot of us are active on facebook, are you still on there? Speaking of, I sat in a hot non air-conditioned warehouse in Erskinville for some campaign stuff. OMG. Such a big day and I've got so much to do.  ffear.gif

Rosie's 2nd day went really well and it looks likeher teacher will be someone we know well. He was doing his honours in early childhood at the uni and DH met him, then his son was in Alyssia's class in Kindy. Plus he did his prac/intern thing at Rosie's preschool. He already knows a lot about Rosie's CF and he is really approachable, so I think it will be great.

#33 Ms Kelly

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

yep im back on facebook. kelly z... (dont want to write my full last name in a public forum.) but im on jacqui's list........easy when it starts with a "z"........

original.gif

#34 BronR

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:13 PM

Thought I should pop in and say Hi to everyone. I can't honestly remember the last time I posted here but I suppose I feel like I know what most of you are up to from FB. Loved seeing everyone's gorgeous photos of "first days".

Welcome to our 2 new members. biggrin.gif
and Hi Kelly waves.gif lovely to see you again.

Well I guess alot of us had a great/sad/interesting week last week. Rory loved going to school as I knew he would and Abi hated not being able to go too. Hers were the only tears. He will go into his permanent class tomorrow and have his first full day (they did half days last week). He hasn't managed to tell me the names of any of the other kids but on day 2 when I asked him who he sat with for lunch his reply was "I don't remember his name but I shared my popcorn ( blush.gif but it was just plain) with him. I told him he could have as much as he liked" LOL He's a great sharer, I hope the other kids mum wasn't cross her son ate popcorn from someone else's lunchbox.

So tomorrow is my first day at home with just Abi. I have been looking forward to this time as I feel she has missed out on alot of quality attention over the last 2 years (like she's had no real 1 on 1 time with me since she turned 1). So what have I arranged for the first "girls only" day. Booked the pest man to come.  huh.gif I hope to do better in the weeks to come. I need to get into some kind of routine with her like taking her to story time at the library or maybe some kids dancing class as she's really love that, take her to the pool as I could never take them both at once etc.

Sydney girls, how have your survived the heat? OMG, I think the change this afternoon was the best cool change I have ever experienced. I don't think I could have survived another day like yesterday.

I'm off to continue enjoying the cool breeze.

#35 mirandarine

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

WTG Kirsten. Im sure it will be exhausting work, but I know you can do it.

Congrats to all of our Septemberries all at school now. Man my house is quiet from 9am-11am after school drop off and before I head to work. I manage to get all housework done and have time for a cuppa/ computer time. Bliss. On that note- I am loving my work at the moment. I have revised hours to 11.30-2.30 Mon-fri. Easy peasy original.gif Gotta love that.

KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you on (soon to be) TTC#3! Thats awesome! Im elated to hear you are happy and the kids are well. WTF Kat is in High school!? Hooley dooley! Far out! Time flys hey?

Syd girls: I have been thinking of you suffering in the heat. Thank God for air con. I simply couldnt live without it.

I have my 25 year old brother living here at the moment as he has relocated for love <3 Awwww.
He is free to a good home though. Not only does he eat me out of house and home but he is completely not house trained. Footy socks on the floor. Wet towells on the bed, empty milk container in the fridge and an oil leaking car in my driveway... Interested? lol

#36 Kay1

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

sad.gif Nate has been in trouble yesterday and today for hitting, kicking and punching kids. cry1.gif

I just don't know what is going on in his head. He said it was because they weren't doing the right thing (he is such a policeman). I threatened that he'd lose Wii rights this weekend if it happened today and it did so that's happening. I'm a bit stressed about it tbh. He was doing so well at his preschool with this stuff but I think he's feeling overwhelmed again and I don't know how to deal with it. The teacher seems nice though, she has been quick to tell me but in a nice way and not OTT about it. Being bored and getting frustrated with all the craft isn't helping.

Sorry for the downer, it all started so well. unsure.gif

Welcome back Kelly original.gif ! It sounds like things are going well for you but OMG I cannot believe Kat is in highschool!!!

#37 butterflies

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

Dear World,

I bequeath to you today one tiny little girl...in a crisp new dress...with two blue eyes....and a happy laugh that ripples all day long...and a flash of golden hair that glitters in the sun when she runs. I trust you'll treat her well.

She's slipping out of the backyard of my heart this morning...and skipping off to her first day of school. And never again will she be completely mine. Prim and proud she'll wave her young and independent hand this morning and say "Good-bye" and walk with little girl steps to the classroom.

Now she'll learn to stand in lines...and wait for her name to be called. She'll learn to tune her ears for the sounds of school bells...and deadlines...and she'll learn to giggle...and gossip...and only pay attention when the teacher is watching. She'll learn how to feel hurt inside and she'll learn how not to cry.

No longer will she have time to sit in the backyard on a summer day and watch an ant scurry across a crack in the footpath. Nor will she have time to pop out of bed in the morning and lay on the couch engrossed in a much loved childhood show. No, now she'll have to worry about more important things...like grades and which 'cool' skirt to wear and which friends can play with her at recess. And the magic of books and learning will replace the magic of prams and dolls. And now she'll find new heroes.

For five full years now I've been her mentor and role model and pal and playmate and mother and friend. Now she'll learn to share her worship with her teachers, which is only right. But no longer will I be the smartest woman in the whole wide world.

Today when that school bell rings for the very first time...she'll learn what it means to be a member of the group...with all its privileges and its disadvantages too. She'll learn that in time proper young ladies do not laugh out loud...or kiss dogs...or keep bugs in jam jars in bedrooms...or even watch ants scurry across cracks in the footpath in the summer. Today she'll learn that all who smile at her are not her true friends. And I'll stand back and watch her start out the long, lonely journey to becoming a woman.

So, world, I bequeath to you today, one little girl...in a crisp new dress...with two blue eyes...and a flash of golden hair that glitters in the sunlight when she runs........I trust you'll treat her well.

Dear World,

I bequeath to you today one tiny little boy...in a crisp new shirt...with two blue eyes....and a happy laugh that ripples all day long...and a flash of golden hair that glitters in the sun when he runs. I trust you'll treat him well.

He's slipping out of the backyard of my heart this morning...and skipping off to his first day of school. And never again will he be completely mine. Prim and proud he'll wave his young and idependent hand this morning and say "Good-bye" and walk with little boy steps to the classroom.

Now he'll learn to stand in lines...and wait for his name to be called. He'll learn to tune his ears for the sounds of school bells...and deadlines...and he'll learn to giggle...and gossip...and only pay attention when the teacher is watching. He'll learn how to feel hurt inside and he'll learn how not to cry.

No longer will he have time to sit in the backyard on a summer day and watch an ant scurry across a crack in the footpath. Nor will he have time to pop out of bed in the morning and lay on the couch engrossed in a much loved childhood show. No, now he'll have to worry about more important things...like grades and which 'cool' shirt to wear and which friends can play with him at recess. And the magic of books and learning will replace the magic of blocks and toy cars. And now he'll find new heroes.

For five full years now I've been his mentor and role model and pal and playmate and mother and friend. Now he'll learn to share his worship with his teachers, which is only right. But no longer will I be the smartest woman in the whole wide world.

Today when that school bell rings for the very first time...he'll learn what it means to be a member of the group...with all its privileges and its disadvantages too. He'll learn that in time proper young men do not laugh out loud...or kiss dogs...or keep bugs in jam jars in bedrooms...or even watch ants scurry across cracks in the footpath in the summer. Today he'll learn that all who smile at him are not his true friends. And I'll stand back and watch him start out the long, lonely journey to becoming a man.

So, world, I bequeath to you today, one little boy...in a crisp new shirt...with two blue eyes...and a flash of golden hair that glitters in the sunlight when he runs........I trust you'll treat him well.

forgot to post this last week/week before

Kay I have no words of wisdom, does your school do anything like lego lunch or story lunch?  our school does (once the classes are made up) the teachers have lunch in their own rooms, they let a few kids in per day to play with the lego or read stories etc but it's usually only a select few.  just a thought

#38 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

Butterflies, those letter are beautiful, I hope that your little people have lots of fun along the way.

#39 Kay1

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:58 AM

Gah Karina you made me cry! cry1.gif

The problem is not at lunch time though. At lunch he is happy to play by himself. From what I gather he goes up to the asphalt where the big kids play and catches any stray balls for them - he is ball mad. Its so confusing because he's such a gentle, kind and caring boy and most people who know him are shocked when I tell them he hit people. I am worried that he is going to get a reputation for being a thug instead of for being a kind boy which he is. I just wish I could figure out why he reacts this way at times and how to stop it. I always knew it would be a big challenge for him with his sensory stuff but he seemed to be doing so well I was hoping he was managing it. The teacher says he is being silly and mucking up while they are supposed to be doing "work" as well - he says he can't concentrate with other people making noise. I believe this as he can hardly concentrate to walk if there is noise around, I have to hold his hand and drag him.

I am going to have to have a meeting with the teacher next week I think. I think his behaviour will improve if he is intellectually stimulated. He came home yesterday talking sums and asking to play chess. I asked him if he learned the sums at school and he said no he was just thinking about them in his head at school.

Well there are going to be tears about no Wii game this weekend but hopefully he'll learn to control himself better.

#40 butterflies

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:27 AM

morning

kay can you do any role playing with him, putting him in the situations when he hits? and maybe give him other strategies to deal with the situation? he is such a sweet gorgeous intellegent boy.  maybe he just needs a few weeks to settle in

well I am over this, Zahli does not want to go to school, every morning it is a fight to get her dressed, hair shoes etc I just feel exhausted by 8.30

TBH I think she may be a bit bored at school as they still haven't got their classes (hopefully tomorrow) I am hoping that she may settle down once that happens.

anyway I better get the kids in the car for another day

#41 Kay1

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:13 AM

These first few weeks are pretty disorganised aren't they Karina? I think our kindy classes are set but they still haven't named the learning support teacher. Its such a shame as I really chose the school largely based on the LS teacher from last year who was fabulous. I hope Zahli settles in better next week.

He won't do role playing K, plus I don't really know what the situation is when he hits out. We talk all the time about ignoring behaviour we don't like, moving away, using words, talking to the teacher etc but it just doesn't stick. I have been reading a bit more about sensory integration disorder at school and he's a pretty classic case. I think what is happening is his adrenaline is going up and up all day and then in the afternoon he's ready to go off. Put him in a free play situation with lots of kids in a small classroom and the slightest trigger and he snaps. I am going to print some stuff out for the teacher and write her a note about what I think might help defuse things (quiet time after lunch/recess, jumping up and down games etc). I might even suggest that he have 'drink breaks' where he has to sit down away from the group for five minutes to have a drink, just to give him time to regroup. We do this naturally at home but at school there's no down time I don't think. I figure a note she can read in her own time rather than try to fit a meeting in in these busy first few weeks. unsure.gif

We have stopped OT but I am wondering now if we need to find a new one. unsure.gif

#42 ~*danielle*~

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:22 PM

I am working late tonight (these school hours are going to hurt me work time wise as I loose so many hours in the week, hence still working at 12.22am!) but came in to have a peak while something is printing and now I am bawling.  Thanks Karina!  That was beautiful yet so sad and so true.  A wise friend said recently that she believes that the school gets the 'best of the kids' and I think this may be true.  I am so sad to loose my girl, I know its right, I know its what must happen but it breaks my heart also as I dont want her to grow up (yes yes selfish and stupid.  I get that).  

sorry C, I cant think too clearly about your situation right now but when you meet with the teachers trust in what they have to say.  No doubt they have seen and experienced it all and I am sure they have a way to tackle this.

Right now I need to find a tissue!!

Edited by ~*danielle*~, 10 February 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#43 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

Hi

Just wondering how everyone is going?  How are all the big little ones finding school?

So far Elizabeth is enjoying it, although it is getting harder to wake her on a school morning.  I would like to know why she can wake up on time for a school day on the weekend but not during the week?

#44 bellemae

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

Gosh so quiet in here lately.

Thought I'd pop in and give an update for my world.

Everything's fabulous biggrin.gif

More details...ummm...Life's very busy.

Matt is back at Uni, though the summer semester and 1st sem this year overlapped by a week so he didn't even get a breath in between.

I'm also back at Uni, just one unit, but my god it's been hard to find time for it (partly why I don't make it in here ever). So now I get up at 6.30am study(gosh it's hard learning calculus at that hour of the morning though!) until 7.30am go to work, study during my morning tea & lunch breaks, come home, homework with the kids, dinner, kids to bed, study until I go to bed...then start all over again!! Just hoping I can keep this up for a whole semester - and pull off some decent grades!

Kai has settled into this year well. I think I mentioned he's in a 1/2 class this year. He's in the top reading group (Very proud) biggrin.gif  Feels like a big change though from kindy to year 1, mainly in the homework. Last year it was just the reading in the afternoon, now he has that (which we never get around to), plus spelling words to write out every day, plus a whole lot of random activities (stories/speeches to write, worksheets etc).  

Tien's in year 4 this year and  is doing fabulously at school. They do a times tables quiz every other day, starting from 2s going up to 12s, with 5sec per question to answer. If they pass one set they move up to the next. He's the only one in his class who has passed every test given so far and is up to his 10s now biggrin.gif (Very proud mum here!) He's just so quick with his maths, it blows me away! Has anyone seen the daily show on sbs 'Letters and Numbers"? It's a favourite around here. Tien will solve the maths problems equally as often as the contestants do, it's truly amazing.

Whew, that was a lot...REALLY should get back to the study now original.gif

Always thinking of you all, even when I'm not in here original.gif

#45 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

I've had this page up in my browser for days if not weeks..  2 kids away tomorrow and at some stage number 3 should be in bed so I'll post then..

until then, wub you all original.gif  I was just thinking tonight about all you lovely ladies..  god we've been through so much together and the support thats shown when someone's down or had a new baby.. sheesh it just sends shivers down my spine.. I dont think I'm this close with my own family (which is very sad I know)..

It's just funny (or amazing) how this group can sit here and go dormant for days/weeks/months but whenever someone needs to vent there always someone nearby to listen and give advice.. original.gif

anywho..  lost post / update tomorrow.. babies' room is right above my office and I can hear him banging on the cot! lol

#46 Kay1

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:57 AM

Very well said Lynny! original.gif

I am still here, this school mum thing is busy! I have so much stuff on now its ridiculous. Fun though. original.gif

Glad all is going well with you Belle.

Fiestycat - I have no problems waking Nate, he's up at 6am every day and has to come into our room several times at 7am to get us out of bed!

#47 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

oops!  I had a couple of glasses of wine when I typed that  blush.gif blush.gif  but I still mean every word of it..   wub.gif original.gif

Big hello to all the newbies waves.gif

Belle - sheesh I'm exhausted just reading about your day!  So glad to hear that the boys are doing so well - you must be one proud mumma original.gif

Kelly - I'm still doing a happy jig about hearing from you again (god I'm a sad sack Tounge1.gif )  Glad to see that life is finally working out for you and your new man - wish you guys all of the best original.gif

Renee - Always thinking about you and your gorgeous kiddies.. hope you're keeping well  xx

Kay - ditto!  I didnt think I'd enjoy the whole school drop offs etc and after the first hectic week or two we finally have some kind of routine worked out and I love it.  The last two mornings I have actually dropped Damian off infront of the school instead of walking him to his class and he's loving it - still get him from his class in the afternoons though..  but yeah drop him off and before you know it it's time to get him again - busy busy wacko.gif

How's Nate going at school - I think your note with suggestions is a good idea.  Damian has been a little bit the same - not so much at school but when he comes home he's just so worn out, tired, upset etc that he lashes out at Emily etc..

Not much to report here really - hoping to hear back from the soccer coach about Damian's team, when and where they will be training etc.. I'm so excited for his sake - he's really going to enjoy it.  Just a bit worried about how he will handle it though - it's a bit hard getting him to do homework in the afternoons as he's really worn out from school, but maybe if he's out with friends kicking a ball etc the excitement will override the tiredness? unsure.gif

anywho.. really have to work out what to do for dinner, then a mad rush to clean the house and pick up the kiddies

Hope you're all well - sorry to those Ive missed, doesnt mean I'm not thinking about you wink.gif original.gif

#48 ~*danielle*~

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

I often check in and I totally agree Lynny... this is an amazing group of friends and I do love you all.

sorry, not writing much.  I dont ignore you but I have had a sh*t week and I need to go and collapse.  Chris has been away for 1.5 weeks (and 1 more week to go) and Jasmine is really really struggling at school.  Its breaking my heart but she is terrified.  Yesterday she screamed from 6.45am until we got in the car at 8.30am and then I ended with scratches down my arm as she was pulled from me as she chased me down the playground.

Its so sad, I know its separation anxiety but whenever anyone mentions the word school she just starts sobbing.  And of course with Chris being away (and he is not aware of any of this as its not worth making him stress about it when he cant be here to help) so everything is on my shoulders.
I am just exhausted after this week.  No wonder I like wine!!

sorry for the whinge and me me me post (considering I never post in here)... I couldnt help it.  I just needed to get it out.  Its so hard here and its just breaking my heart.  Poor Jaz sad.gif

QUOTE (Lynny)
I didnt think I'd enjoy the whole school drop offs etc and after the first hectic week or two we finally have some kind of routine worked out and I love it.

I hate school sad.gif

Edited by ~*danielle*~, 04 March 2011 - 09:45 PM.

#49 butterflies

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

oh crap Dan

Here I was thinking Zahli is zapping the energy out of me with every morning not wanting to go, but when we get there she is usually fine except for Thursday's and EVERY friday cause she has to wear her UGLY sports uniform which she hates with a passion, but it sounds as though you Jaz and you especially are having a very tough time.

I have no words of wisdom.  Does the teacher have any suggestions?

#50 ~*danielle*~

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

The teachers say that she is fine at school after she calms down. She does get teary at times but essentially is happy.

they unfortunately haven't offered many suggestions.  I did have a chat to the Vice Principal on Tuesday morning as enough was enough.  She assured me that they would get the Councillor involved as she is getting worse.  Unfortunately she then told me yesterday that 'the school couldn't help'
I was pretty teary already before she told me this so I told her it was bullsh*t blush.gif  

I went straight to our family doctor for advise (as you can probably gather, yesterday was VERY VERY bad hence the visit to the doctor).  He wrote a letter to the school telling them they MUST help.   I feel they are just saying 'there there Danielle, she will be fine, its only been 4 weeks'
I am sure she will be fine 'eventually' but every morning I think she is going to have an asthma attack she is that worked up.  I even recorded her on my phone yesterday as she was huddled up on the floor in the corner of the kitchen screaming saying 'please please dont make me go' for over an hour.

I don't understand the school system and I could write an essay about her behavior and what the school is saying but at the end of the day, its all going to be up to me to sort out.  

Today was a good day actually (surprisingly) so I will take each day as it comes....  it just breaks my heart.  Anxiety is a real issue and this girl is only 5years old.  Doesn't know how to cope with her emotions, doesn't understand them.  Doesn't even know why she is feeling like this probably.   How can I help her when I dont know how too.

yup, I hate this school business!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.