South East Queenslanders...
more flooding

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#751 daisydo

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hi Sophie11  waves.gif

I imagine that by the time you get to Qld, things will apear normal in most areas.

Buy some mozzie repellant and have that on hand.

Have a great holiday!

#752 brissymumof2

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Veryclucky @ 14/01/2011, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can now...I heard this morning that the AJ Wyllie bridge is reopened in both directions now

just one side is open,they are directing all traffic on side.
the other side has moved after being hit 3 times

#753 jorgo

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

Though you might all like an update

Thanks to all who offered clothing when i asked the other day!

Clean out started today... caught us by surprise we were expecting sundayish

damage no where near as bad as 74
that was to the ceiling - this is to the waist
So a lot of clothing is still fine and salvaged.... only undies and socks and things missing

whole house got emptied and gernied out so its just a matter of washing everything and putting it all back in... eventually

unfortunately aunty is now thinking she can move back in by monday huh.gif
because last time it took a week just to get the mud out  

FAIRFIELD- brisbane corso YARONGA area- mostly all open only passed one street still under water.

rspca open and taking back their animals apparently... they had lots of people there and sausage and drinks going all day

all home owners appreciative of anyone turning up and helping lug stuff out the more help the faster its done
IF you are physically able... and stable on your feet its like walking on jelly..... please consider picking an area and just turning up there are people with no family or friends to help

we had several strangers turn up and help. one man ironically from near where i live

my cousin ( teacher) rang her principle sayign she wont make it in next tuesday for pre term stuff
he said no problem...do you need help.... then turned up from jimboomba! and helped clear all day with the school owned generator and gernie! he washed out the whole house over 9 hrs
NOW THATS a BOSS!

#754 Veryclucky

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

Have been sitting here listening to and watching a huge storm roll across Brisbane from the west- wind, rain, thunder, lightening- the works.

Hopefully, it wasn't too bad in the flood affected areas and the rain is just enough to help wash away the mud.

Thinking of everyone- must be horrible to see these storms coming through while still cleaning up from the floods

#755 twilightangel

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

Agree, the last thing the flood affected areas need is heavy rain which I seem to be getting at the moment (I am near Morayfield). Hope it doesn't cause too many issues.

My older two kids are top and tailing tonight as they are not used to so much thunder and lightening and DD2 wants to sleep with me. Thankfully once bubs is asleep he sleeps through anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.