#1 Sandra

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=850423

#2 SportySpice

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:28 AM

Boo!

First!

just popped into work and of course KHFHDH has already been an absolute FW.

As for him carrying on about "not seeing his daughter" blah blah blah...... he has her now till Thurs and I have asked him to "help out" with some day's "here and there" for the next two weeks - 4 days in total, being 2 days each week as I also try and get my folks etc to help out as I'm back in work "proper" next week.  

So he has just emailed me saying he can do "one" and that he's going to see about the others and he had a shot at me about the "short notice".  I very nicely reminded him that it is "school holidays" and that they run for nearly 6 weeks ...................... FW.

They are apparently heading down the coast today with his sister and her kids..... just the usual.  

But on a brighter note - DH and I are going to spend a night in town tomorrow night down at the Park Hyatt for a bit of "us" time....  going to check in right on 2pm and make full use of the hotel! wink.gif

Hope everyone is well,
love to all

#3 *Caro*

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:28 AM

SILVER!!!

Edited by *Caro*, 11 January 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#4 Snagglepussed

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

Hi guys! BRONZE!!!!

SS - that sounds like the deal! Pamper yourselves and forget about KH &%#!*.....

Jodes - where are you? Hope you are safe from the flooding...I am soooo in shock at the disaster zone the SE QLD has become!

Really tired today as I keep staying up too late! Grrrr. 1am last night! Fool woman! I HAVE to get to bed at a decent time tonight!

#5 *Caro*

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

The flooding in Qld is just amazing isn't it.  Truly mind blowing.  DH and I were watching the news together before, and we suddenly looked at each and realised we were each mentally planning how we'd prepare the house, save the photos and get the kids out of here.   mellow.gif

We're back from our week's holiday at the coast.  We got a great house up near DH's parents place (about a 5 minute drive) with a pool, so the kids were set!! All DH's sibliings and their partners came up from Sydney, so it was a real family affair, but with the added bonus of s-p-a-c-e! biggrin.gif  The 2 girls had their first ever sleep over (at the grandparents' place), which they absolutely loved, so I might be tempted to consider sleep overs with friends now  wink.gif  I haven't been game to do it, as they used to be such atrocious sleepers, but they are pretty good now. The kids swam everyday we were there, even the first few days when it was really a bit cool, and they loved it.  Their water confidence went through the roof! Even Angus was bobbing away, treading water in his floaties and doing some dog paddling, and shooing away any adult who dared to offer assistance.    

The only black mark on the week was that I got gastro on Saturday, which was the day we were meant to have 20 people over for a BBQ - all DH's school friends and their families.  sad.gif   I was way too unwell to go ahead with it though.  At least the food didn't go to waste though - DH just called his family and they came over that night and ate it all  rolleyes.gif  I thought gastro was meant to be short, sharp pain, but I still feel vaguely nauseous and weak four days later.  I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Well, that is all my news.  Thinking of Jodes in the wet, and Tanya near the fires, and hoping everyone else is well and safe.  

#6 dippinsniffer

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

Hey original.gif .

SS, cool! Park Hyatt! I hope you’re able to put KH’s issues aside and have a lovely time original.gif .
That’s interesting, I didn’t know explosives were still on board the ship.
Yup, eating clean here too! Can’t stop the birthdays (two in 7 days) but besides that, all good food so these big fat-rolls of mine will reduce original.gif .

KIM, what other destinations are on your priority list? What do you get upto these late nights? Sex smile1.gif ?
No way I could’ve held back on another baby from you guys laughing2.gif !

NIC, did you do anything particular for your birthday besides cake?

CARO, I was wondering where you were as you were quiet in FB original.gif . Your holiday sounded fab original.gif . The best accommodation is one like yours, fitting a few families and still private and spacious original.gif . Yes, I've noticed having a pool makes such a difference to water confidence and ability. Just going by families we know with pools, their kids learn to swim MUCH earlier than mine, well, my dd who has been learning to swim since she was bloomin' 1!
What a pity you got sick mellow.gif . Yes, gastro can be the 24hr version or last a week or two with nausea, weakness, vomiting and diarrhoea.

Edited by dippinsniffer, 31 January 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#7 SportySpice

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

You're funny Dip biggrin.gif  sex and stuff!  you make me laugh  original.gif

I spoke with Jodes yesterday and she's ok.  Her hubby was buying some provisions and it was just raining there.  Her place is good at the moment and she's in good spirits which was comforting to hear. original.gif

sgee hasn't gone to Sussex, yesterday he took her to the movies and they did some shopping and just stuff like that.  I'll get the call shortly to let me know of today's activities.!

So i'm in here at work (yes got in at 7am - amazing how you can get ready without a child around...) have some stuff to do and hope to be out by around 11am to just pack a little overnight bag!  Funny how I'm so excited about one night in a hotel with hubby! tongue.gif  laugh.gif

Caro - hope your tummy is settling and sounds like the family get together was lovely for you all.  sgee is ok with sleep overs - in that she's either at KHFHDH's or his sisters, though she gets pretty "over" the sleeps at his sisters because her younger counsins "annoy me mummy".... wink.gif   Next week (don't know how I'll manage this) I've allowed her a sleep over with her little best buddy, sgee doesn't know it yet but she'll be moving to Qld at the end of Term 1 with her mum (to hook up with her mum's boyfriend whose up there with his XP and kids...) anyway - they came over for a little bbq on Sat as sgee was missing her buddy and her mum was telling me..... all very scary and we haven't said anything to the girls yet sad.gif

Kim - up till 1am??? doing.................? wink.gif

Tanya - hope you're doing ok too and that the fires aren't too close to you.

Brat - how's the monsoonal rain up your way? (I'll ask on fb!)

Pix - how's melb going? and that tummy of yours!

Nic - anything special for the b'day?

better start some work!

love to all xx

#8 Snagglepussed

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

What do you get up to these late nights? Sex
OH yeah I forgot about that! wink.gif
Well I still should get to bed earlier! I am too old for middle of the night shenanigans...plays havoc with the bags under my eyes! They look like Luggage at the moment! LOL

Dip - you are funny!

Now Sydney girls! I do NOT have to go back to Uni until 21st Feb so I want to organise a meet up on a Friday if we can make it!!!!!!
Suggestion for dates accepted! I can't do 18th Feb!

Caro - Your trip away (sans Gastro) sounds divine!!! I love watching the water confidence build up so quickly when on hols! Really makes we realise I should take the kids to the pool more often! Grrrrr.

Cheers!

#9 SportySpice

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

Kim - I work Friday's and would be hard to swindle off as there is this election thingy in March that I'm involved with.....will be getting very busy for me in the next week or so..... Monday's are good though biggrin.gif

#10 Snagglepussed

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:16 AM

Bugger! May be able to switch a day if I can wangle it!

#11 *Caro*

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

Sex? What is that? Tounge1.gif

I just got my first 'I hate you' letter from one of the kids.  "Mummy is dum and is not a good mum"   Well, thanks a heap, Em!  I got her back by making her do a page of sums - which she seemed to really enjoy!! rolleyes.gif

#12 Malli

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

Hey girls

hope jodes and tan r ok.

Im heading back on the 8th of feb so would like to meet one last time for god knows how long. would love to meet you all before i leave. let me know what suits you guys.

Thanks Nic for your mail

#13 dippinsniffer

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:36 AM

Hi original.gif

You know what, I've heard almost nothing about fires in WA huh.gif . On the radio, I've heard a sentence or two about "fires in WA" and on TV, I've just heard someone mention it for two seconds ... on FB people have talked about it but I've not seen any footage of a single flame or more than a sentence spoken about it. Are they bad? Whereabouts are they?

PIX, yeah, sounds like Melb is going well original.gif .

Kiiiim! Goood! Nice to hear you're 'getting it' original.gif !

KIM/MALLI, throw some dates our way and I'll see what we can do. Malli, I've been thinking of you so lots and was wondering how life was and if you'll had left original.gif .

Edited by dippinsniffer, 31 January 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#14 Snagglepussed

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

Dip - and that is exactly what I found in QLD! Everyone was sooooo friendly! Amazing really.....almost all the BS that gets in teh way in Sydney with the rush rush rush and the traffic and the crowding just gets stripped back in QLD! At least that was my impression!!!!!!

#15 dippinsniffer

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:50 AM

waves.gif

Edited by dippinsniffer, 31 January 2011 - 08:47 AM.

#16 dippinsniffer

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

original.gif

Edited by dippinsniffer, 31 January 2011 - 08:47 AM.

#17 Snagglepussed

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

See Dip this is why I love you! You have made some very valid points and I DO tend to watch the world with rose coloured glasses when I am away! Why is that? Do I just want an excuse for a change? Probably! I think living in Europe has ruined me in that I am always hankering for the next move! Sigh!

You're right! I would still have school and appointments and work and traffic and bill to pay etc and I would also be alone with no family support (AKA Sister) and would have to go it alone and put up with my husband coming home at 7.30pm every night as that is jsut how he IS!!!!! Dang Dang Dang! My bubble has been burst! LOL

We DID have a lovely weekend though with the Powerhosue Museum yesterday (ABBA exhibition and Spy exhibition 0- have to say that the Spy one was better)....... then today a lazy day reading at home followed by 3 hours of beach with the fam and boogie boarding with Bec! That is SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!

Cheers ladies!

#18 dippinsniffer

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

Kim, I believe it's only natural for many people to see or 'take in' much of the good stuff on holidays as they're not living day-to-day life there so they forget that the 'holiday life' is not everyday life and that good stuff happens in our own back-yard as well original.gif (unless you have nasty neighbours biggrin.gif ).
You just had a lovely 'holiday weekend' in your area so living the 'holiday life' in your own suburb can be done original.gif .
Of course we have rude and nasty Sydney-siders but they exist every country and I have experienced maybe 6 of them the past 20 yrs living here, but thousands of lovely people original.gif .
Overall, Australians are renowned for their friendliness (well, that's what the stats seem to say shrug.gif ) and I make it a point to ask people from other countries what they think of us and the ones I have spoken to the past few years from Canada, India and the UK have told me that Australians are the friendliest group of people they have met. They all also say we're an expensive country to travel through which is no surprise happy.gif . But I'm sure there are tourists out there who have had terrible experiences here and that has clouded their whole view of Australians but I've not met them yet original.gif .
I was very happy to hear about your weekend - slot in more of that, ok original.gif .

#19 Snagglepussed

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

Shall do! Am going to ensure we do something family orientaed and FUN each weekend....well at least when I DON'T have assignments due! Ugh!

#20 dippinsniffer

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

Kim, it's so much trickier with uni in the mix original.gif .

Edited by dippinsniffer, 31 January 2011 - 08:48 AM.

#21 SportySpice

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

Have to break this little chat up betw dip and kim!!!

back to work tomorrow for me so will be "juggling" sgee!!! LOL

spent the morning at the beach just to "top off" my tan wink.gif  and then we went to the flicks and saw Yogi bear (in 3d) - sgee loved it - it was ok for me, thought i would like it more.... nevermind - it was about "her"!!

our night at the park hyatt last week was fab and just what we needed.

checked in at 2pm and headed to our room, and as usual I jumped on the king king king sized bed!!! bigger than a king so a really big king!! biggrin.gif

had some champers and oysters and DH had a beer and a ceasar salad, we then headed out and played tourist in our city and walked through the Rocks and had a great time, then headed to the Argyle for a drink and then back to the hotel for dinner at the HarbourKitchen which was just sooooooooooooo yummy.

back to the room for some ohhhh and aaahhing at the city lights and them promptly to bed as it was "late" and we'd been drinking!! LOL

It was just so nice to spend some time with DH and have some adult speak and just not be interrupted!

he's already away (back tomorrow) and I'm back in the office - my folks will mind sgee tomorrow.

as for a Syd catch up - I really can only do a Monday or do we look at a Sunday arvo say 3-4pm onwards somewhere like a late picnic arvo tea thing with all the kids...... how does that sound??

leave it with you!

hope everyone is well - time to feed the sgee!

love to all xx

#22 Snagglepussed

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

Yeah that's probably a better idea! Then we can all make it without disrupting the working week....unless you work Sunday evenings Dip!!!!

SS - your evening sounds great! Just what you needed!

#23 Snagglepussed

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

Oops!

Edited by Girolama, 02 February 2011 - 09:44 AM.

#24 SportySpice

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

hmmmmm Kim

well good on her for working FT AND looking after 2 kids... huh.gif maybe you can recall to him that she isn't coping and does she have any outside help that perhaps we're not sure about exists??? where's her hubby - maybe he's so HANDS ON (not like yours tongue.gif ) that that is WHY she does cope....  my buddy works FT with 3 has a nanny and house person thingy and still gets overwhelmed.... ohmy.gif

maybe if you suggested to your DH if he could get the dinner, clean the bathroom, do a school pick up etc etc then you won't be as "overwhelmed"... honestly they don't get it until they have to do the lot on their own and then they fail at that within 48 hours......

tbh - i'm working 4 days and just with the one, and DH suggested that we get a cleaner in each fortnight to help me out..... thankfully he said it in such a way as it wasn't condescending but that he realised that my one day "off" was spent trying to do a million things as well as the house etc etc and even though the place is clean and tidy - he made the suggestion it would be good - i was lucky in how he suggested it as he would never infer that I wasn't coping wink.gif

maybe its "european men"..... maybe suggest to him that perhaps more "traditional roles" would suit "him" eg he works and you are a SAHM, have a personal trainer, do cooking courses, go to the art gallery, play tennis....... grrr to him.

3. yes!!
4. no!!

still in a standoff?

xx

#25 Snagglepussed

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

Yup!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.