She has withdrawn her photo
Thank you for every one's support

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 Doppelgänger

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

Did anyone else see the latest update?
Voting has now closed in the Living Australian Online Photography competition. Due to extraordinary circumstances towards the end of the voting process, we are currently reviewing all votes and entries. We will be making an announcement regarding the winner as soon as possible.

So she may (fingers crossed!!) win yet!

#102 winkwink

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

I've also received that email.

Anyone else notice that fireman still appears to be in the running even though he said he was withdrawing.

#103 Peanut

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

If they are quick to recognise an opportunity, they should donate $5000 to the relief fund as well.  They should also have 2 postage stamps, one being Bec's winning entry!   biggrin.gif

#104 MegsW

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

Could someone please update here when the winner is announced?

#105 Jen1

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

That is just wrong and I voted for her the other day.  sad.gif

Lets hope the competition people decide to give it to the Flood Disaster.

#106 nyrrek

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Oh no, I am devastated sad.gif I was the winner of this competition last year and it was truly the most amazing experience. It was a panel judged contest last year and so none of this sort of thing could occur...I wish they had gone with the pro panel again sad.gif Im sorry Bec, I was so excited for you. Hold your head high in knowing that you had honorable intentions and a pure heart.
The Australia Day Council employees are just fantastic and I hope they do right by you xx

#107 Peanut

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

This is what I dislike about public vote competitions.  Unfortunately it seems to be the way to go these days, particularly with Facebook.

I still think Bec's photo stands proudly on its own merit regardless of the outcome.  I for one would love to see it on a postage stamp!

#108 MotherClucker

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

The Australia Day Council sent Bec a message saying they wished to speak to her on Monday but I haven't heard what the result of that was hands.gif

#109 ~Tera~

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

Well I voted for it without any encouragement of anyone. I actually voted before it was linked here or FB. I am appalled at the firemans girlfriend and their behaviour towards Bec when they had done so much more.

I also got this email yesterday afternoon

To Living Australian Voter,

Thank you very much for participating in the Living Australian Online Photography competition.

The Australia Day Council of NSW, is currently in the process of validating and verifying votes for entries across the competition. By successfully receiving this email we have verified your vote - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

The Australia Day Council of NSW will be announcing the winner of the voters prize shortly.

The Aussievault Team,

Edited by ~Tera~, 18 January 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#110 Fish-Faced Moll

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

MotherClucker, was talking to winkwink this morning and she told me they didn't call Bec Monday as they were supposed to rolleyes.gif.

#111 winkwink

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (teddy68 @ 18/01/2011, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MotherClucker, was talking to winkwink this morning and she told me they didn't call Bec Monday as they were supposed to rolleyes.gif.

She still hadn't heard anything at around 2:30ish when we were texting.

#112 winkwink

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Update - Bec has been contacted by the Australia Day Council today, there was no mention of donating any money on her behalf.  So both her image, and the one from Dean Symons of the SES worker are withdrawn from the competition.  They will be announcing the winner on Monday.  It also looks likely that next years comp will not be public vote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.