New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=859119

#2 meeskamouska

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

GOLD

#3 themelster

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

SILVER

Not much happening here today. Just off to a BBQ at a friends place.

#4 bec8112

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

Bronze

Not much time to write at the moment as I have to finish baking, fold the nappies and make the bed  wacko.gif

Went down to Bribie Island today and had lunch at the park and Ethan had a big play at the park, he had a great time! Hannah had a great time watching and eating leaves and grass! ha ha ha

Be back in tomorrow once Ethan is at daycare.

#5 Small Potatoes

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Been kind of quiet around here.  How is everyone fairing now the water is subsiding?

I have been having some full on BH contractions today, which (plus the heat) have left me quite tired.  Going to put Mr O to bed early and just chillax on my bed, though I have to make Will's bed and put the doona cover on my bed first, and fold some laundry and tidy the kitchen, BUT I am up to date with my order, besides one needing to be addressed and one needed to be packed.  The last few days I have had at least 1/2 dozen unanswered emails.

#6 Fabulous

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

Afternoon all,
I took the kids for a swim at the river this morning but there was all of this sludge that looked like decomposing leaves so they didn't want to go in. I hadn't been swimming there since the 80's so had no idea if it was still nice. There were lots of kids there with their bathers on but noone seemed to be going in. I drove down a few suburbs further to have a squiz at this 70 million dollar house/palace that some people were building. They are Indian and it had all of these dome things. Apparently their business is in receivership now so they won't be completing it.

#7 bec8112

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:07 AM

Hi everyone.

Sorry been so busy and not much time to write, I have been reading but not posting.

Not much exciting to report from here.  Boring! Back to work for me next week  sad.gif I am looking forward to having some time away from the kids but not looking forward to actually working!

Ethan is not having much luck with the TT at daycare, he seems to come home with 2 outfits wet and they end up putting him in a nappy.  He is going well at home so think maybe daycare there is too much going on and he does not tell his teachers he needs to go soon enough.  He also seems to have a little dribble of wee on his undies at home before he realises he has to go, I have no idea if that is normal or not!

Mands - wow your cards are doing so well! That is awesome! I wish I could do something like that to make some more money. Your bump looks awesome!

Sharna - how is the sure slim comp going?

Ros - wow that is an expensive house! What is going to happen to it now it cannot be finished?

Nat - how are things up there? water all gone and all roads open?

Mel - I hope it was nothing I said that made you and Mark decide not to try for another bub. How long you got left of work?

Cannot remember anything else from the end of the last thread! Sorry to anyone I have missed.

#8 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

Sharna - Good luck with the sure slim. I don't think we are friends on FB, so I'll see if I can find you to like the SS comment.

Mands - It sounds like the business is going really well. Have you got replies to your emails yet?

Bec - Wow, going back to work has come around quickly. Are you going back FT or PT? I wish I had some tips for the TT, but Dylan is still only day trained for wees, and I'm struggling to get him trained for #2s before preschool starts.

Ros - That is a very expensive house. I could only dream of having that much money, let alone having that much to spend on a house. I guess they didn't really have that much money after all.

I had Mahalia up at the after hours/urgent care clinic on Saturday night (where you go if it's not urgent enough for the ED, but you need a Dr). friday night I heard her coughing through the monitor, and then what I thought was "Mummy get you up". So I went down to her, took a wiff of her room, and realised she had thrown up. She was actually saying "Mummy clean you up".  laughing2.gif She was fine apart from that, played in the bath while I cleaned her up and Sam changed her sheets. On Saturday, she had a temp of 39.2, but was okay with nurofen. She woke up screaming just before 10pm, and had a temp of 39.5, so off we went. I was worried because her temp was going up over the course of the day, not down. Luckily the clinic was quiet, and Mahalia's temp had come down to 38.5 with nurofen, so of course she was acting all fine while we there. I was feeling a bit silly for taking her in, but the Dr said it was the right thing to do as there was no apparent cause. She is fine now, still don't know what the cause was, but she is playing it up big time, telling me she needs medicine and needs to sleep in mummy and daddy's bed.

We had a craft play date here this morning, and the house is a mess. I really need to vacuum, but the kids are having rest time, and I really don't feel like it as I'm fighting off another cold. urgh, I wish my house cleaned itself, I only did a big clean on Sunday.

#9 Fabulous

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

Bec- the TT sounds very painful, that's why I haven't started Jack yet. As for the mansion, apparently it will probably be demolished and subdivided. Sounds crazy but that is often the most economic thing to do.

Mel- TBH I'm not surprised that you changed your mind. Your belly shots keep popping up for me too. They are so stunning.

Georgia- I'm glad that Mahalia is okay. I was nearly going to take our teenage son Luke to the hospital this morning but he started to improve (flu symptoms). Are you still moving to Perth?

We are going to go to the Drive-in tonight to see Tangled. Now the last time I went to the drive-in was 30 years ago to see the muppets. I didn't realise there was still a drive-in in Perth. Apparently it's only $15 a car on Tuesday nights, bargain!!

Edited by ceres, 18 January 2011 - 03:57 PM.

#10 Small Potatoes

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

Georgia Glad Mahalia is okay.  My boys seem to do the same - get better right when to see the ED doctor.

Ros Drive in sounds cool.  I haven't been in about 15 years and it was a date.  I can't remember what I saw, but not for any reason other than it was so long ago, wasn't really interested in the guy.  I am pretty sure that drive in has closed now.

Nat I was going to say if you can and need to get any school supplies shipped up let me know and I can buy them and mail to you.

Sharna How is it to have Dan home?

Bec Good luck back at work. I haven't started with Olly except when he wants to be naked and he will sit on the potty then.  I am going to just wait like I did with Will and see if he shows interest.

Mel A huge decision, which I was kind of surprised that you decided to have another, especially with being accepted into nursing.  Tom is a darling and you can't improve on perfection  biggrin.gif

Not much happening here.  Boys are being really well behaved and I am not as cranky.  I have also started back at the gym after the chrissy break which I think helps - gets the boys out of the house and gets some happy hormones thorugh me.  24 weeks today,  in either 15 weeks and 2 days or 16 weeks and 2 days I will have a new baby - abit scary.

#11 Fabulous

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

The drive in was great. The movie Tangled was really good. Jack laid on a rug and watched the entire thing without becoming distracted at all which was lovely. Miss 4, 9 & 10 also loved it. Our big boy didn't want to come but no surprises there.  biggrin.gif  DH didn't come either, he wasn't even home from work when we left at 7pm. It sux how he has such a long commute.

Mands- yes not too long until your beautiful bub arrives. The process of pregnancy and giving birth never ceases to amaze me.  wub.gif  One day you have nothing and 8- 9 months later you get a living human baby.

TT- I think I might buy Jack a potty and see if he has any interest. Even though he is late with his speech development he does understand instructions so I might just be underestimating him. Our potty and toilet seat is in storage and it would be a nightmare to try and find.

Edited by ceres, 19 January 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#12 meeskamouska

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Ow Ros - the drive in sounds like great fun. Tangled is a great movie. Bella loved it.

Mands - thanks for the offer for the books. I went into town yesterday & was able to get 90% of the things she needs. Nothing too major missing so that was good. I just went to a few different places & picked up most things.

Its been quiet in here.

Not much to report here. Paul hopefully is going to work on Monday.Yay. Though he has relaxed now/destressed from work & has been really easy to get along with. Clearly half his battle is work stress.
Most roads are open here now with the exception of the range. It blocks us from brissy unless we go to toowoomba or gympie first.

Bec - back to work so soon. It came around quickly. Work, a love hate relationship.

Sharna - U must b getting excited with Dans return so soon.

Made some star anise soap today...wow it smells devine. Just like licorice.

#13 Small Potatoes

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

nat No probs, just let me know if there is anything last minute you can't get your hands on.  Yay on Paul getting back to work, but does sound like work is a big part of the problem.

Ros I agree, when I look at my boys and think I can't believe you amazing little things were made from just two cells.

Oooh I am going to be a sponsor for the nappy hunt, very excited original.gif

#14 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Hi girls

Sorry I havent been posting for a bit.. I have been reading.. My depression has slipped the last week and wasnt in the mood to do anything.. Today is much better though as I made myself get out of the house and take the girls down the street for a haircut.. Feeling alot better now.. Not sure what has brought it on... maybe the fact kira is going back to school on monday and Indy is starting Family Day Care the thurs after next... last time I put her into care I had to pull her out cause I couldnt handle it but this time im going to push through it.. she needs time with other kids and I need time to myself.... She will be going thurs and fridays..

Anyway not much else to report here at the moment... I can here Dave on the phone talking to someone about starting to race motocross again... He would want to get that out of his head... all we need is for him to hurt himself... I must admit he is a great rider but at his age and 2 little girls to support he needs to get his prorities straight lol...

Nat - hmm soap that smells like aniseed... im intregued lol... I dont like licorice but i love uzo.. wierd huh? Glad to hear things are going well for you and paul... Alot of mine and daves arguements stem of his work... working for his dad puts alot of pressure on him...

Mands - Yay on being a sponser for the nappy hunt...

Ok I have a feeling i have missed some posts...going back to find them original.gif

#15 meeskamouska

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:05 AM

Amanda - I just remember I haven't posted u any soap!! I'm so sorry. With all the floods & all I completely forgot. I feel terrible. I'll put together some today. I'll put in a piece of the star anise for you.

My day off today. DC!! Yay. Will BB in later on when I've got some time to post.

#16 bec8112

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

Quick one to say hi.

Busy day again :-(

#17 Fabulous

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

Hello all,
Jack is starting daycare 1 day a week and today he had his orientation which involved me staying with him for 2 hours. He really enjoyed himself and even had 2 bowls of apricot chicken for lunch so I'm very happy. It's slightly dearer than the other centres I've used in the past but so far I like it much better. Next week we are coming back for another orientation before Jack goes by himself next Thursday.

Nat- that soap sounds great. I would love to try some of your soap some day.

Amanda- Motorcross wouldn't be acceptable to me either. DH actually has a motobike license but no way will he ever be getting one.

Mands- how exciting about being a sponsor. I think it would be incredible publicity/advertising.

#18 meeskamouska

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

Ros - I'd b more than happy to post u some soap. Just PM me an addy or postbox & I'll send u some if u like. I love getting feedback on my soap.

Such a low key day here. Paul & I have watched 3 movies...laugh!!
Got some pistachio & almond biscotti just finishing in the oven then I'll go grab CR.... with a handful of biscitti to munch on the way...I just love biscotti.

Sharna - your quiet there beautiful. When do u start back at work. Will it b FT or PT???

#19 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

Hi Girls

Just quickly popping in... about to start looking for accomodation down the coast.. we have a 21st in Feb, my grandmas surprise 80th march then we are going to Nitro Circus begining of april... Then we are heading to Rockhampton for nearly 2 weeks... Busy few months ahead of us.

Finally managed to get all Kiras school stuff all ready.. Now just need to wait until Monday... Gee these holidays have gone quick...

Nat - Oh no dont feel bad about not posting the soap... There has been so much going on recently with the floods and stuff.. I totally understand that you didnt get around to it.. I will have to pop over to the soap factory and I should post you some of there stuff for you to try and and look at... Havent been over there for ages so i will have to go over when Indy starts day care  yyes.gif

Sharna - How is your entry going? I have tried to get a few extra votes for you.... Hope your going ok.. you have been quiet..

Hi everyone else.. Sorry for lack of personals.. Hubby has gone to soccer and I need to find this accomodation....

Will try pop back in tomorrow

Amanda xx

#20 themelster

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

Wow, I am sooooo excited - I just quit work this morning!!!!!!  Man, it felt so dam good!  LOL.  I am going to be a full-time (albeit, extremely poor.......) student!  And in 3 short years, I'll be a nurse!  

Ok, happy dance over..  

Ros - I'd be totally happy to pay extra $$'s to know that Tom was happy and being well cared for.  It's worth the peace of mind for sure.  
As for TT - I honestly didn't think Tom was ready until we bought a potty and just gave it a go.  We did't push it, but just got lucky that he took to it I guess.  So you never know.  

Nat - What movies did you watch?  I love days like that!  Mark is very naughty and downloads them.
And don't worry, it wasn't anything you said that made us change our minds about only having one bubba  biggrin.gif

Mands - I saw you are closing down sweetbubba.  Are you ok about that?  Just too much on your hands.  Time to slow down a bit and enjoy what may be your last pregnancy?

Amanda - man, jam packed social calendar for you guys!  LOL.  I organised a surprise 90th for my nan a couple of weeks ago.  It was so lovely to see her reaction.  She just sent me a beautiful thank you card in the mail yesterday.  It was only something simple, but she said no grandchild had ever done anything like that for her  wub.gif  bless her.

Bec - no lovely, it wasn't anything you said either  biggrin.gif  Except maybe the fact that you are an "only" and are perfectly well adjusted and happy!  Put my mind at ease a bit.  
I hope you are finding time to yourself in these busy days.

Better go do some work - not that I feel like it!

Have a lovely day girls!

#21 bec8112

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

Just a quick one to tell you Miss Hannah is crawling  biggrin.gif 7 months and 1 day. She is also starting to pull up on things  ohmy.gif OH NO!  There is a little video on FB of her first crawl.

BBL when I have more time.

#22 bec8112

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:02 AM

Mands - Do you have any of the re-useable sandwich and snack bags left? I saw them on your SweetBubba store ages ago and was going to buy some but forgot  wacko.gif

#23 meeskamouska

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

Mel - WOW!! U must feel so free!! Will Tom still go to DC? Yesterday we watched She's out of my leauge, Killers & Werewolf...I fell alseep in Werewolf...yawn...boring. First 2 were good movies though. Does Tom watch any other movies than Ice Age??? Bella is loving Tangled ATM. I really enjoyed it too. I even got a tear..laugh.

Mands - I didn't realise u werent doing SweetBubba anymore. You'll have your own sweet bubba really soon!!

Bec - is it work for u Monday??

Amanda - Thanx for thinking that with the soap factory. I really wanted ot try & find some time to visit. But the holidays just seems to go so quickly...floodingly quick!!! I've got a couple of soaps wrapped ready & will hopefully get it all finished today & posted off for u. Hows the new business gonig? R u doing party plan?

Pauls taken the girls to swimming lessons. Bella is doing a school holiday block of stroke developement. She complains her tummy is hurting..LMAO!!!! Its good for her. Wears her out.

#24 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

Mel - Oh wow on quitting work.. Glad you feel happy about it though... As fpr my grandmas surprise party well I think she found out (or guessed more like it) about a week after it was planned lol.. She is so funny.. she said to my mum "so are you all coming up for my surprise party" mum said "what surprise party" to throw her off and my grandma replied with "dont pretend you dont know cause I already know about it" LOL she is so funny..

Bec - Yay on miss H crawling.. watch out now.. you will be forever chasing her lol

Nat -  I so understand about the holidays going by so quickly... Its unbelievable.. not sure if im ready for kira to go back to school on monday lol.. Dont stress about sending the soap - when you get around to it. I just really appreicate you sending some.. As for the business its still going slow.. My business partner is going to see a lawyer today because when we joined up with the other company the contract says we cant do anything for 6 months after termination of contract... So we need to find out if we need to wait until may to start.. The thing is when we sent in our resignation letters they said they wouldnt take us off the system in case we wanted to return to that company.. so if thats the case are we still officially signed to them and cant do our own thing.... anyway hopefully we get the answers we want today otherwise i think this lawyer will fight for us...

Anyway better go do some cleaning.. feeling like crap today...

bbl

#25 bec8112

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

Mel - Oh wow that must feel amazing to have quit work! I would love to be able to do that, I just have to think of something I want to study!

Amanda - some busy times ahead for you guys, good luck with getting everything ready for Monday.  

Nat - Oh wow your movie day sounded great! I have not done something like that in awhile.  Yeah back to work on Monday but only 2 days next week as Wed is the holiday  biggrin.gif

Mands - how you feeling?

Sharna - how are you? Have not seen you on here in a little while.

Ros - Jack is going to have a great time at daycare, do they supply the food? I wish ours did!

Hope you all have a great weekend  biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.