October 08 Parents # 70

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#51 ~Annika~

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

Hope you all had a great Australia Day! What did you end up doing with your family to celebrate?

We took the boat and launched it in one of the harbours in Bunbury about 1.5 hour before the skyworks spectacular show started! Fantastic view with the fireworks blasting straight ahead and above us!! Tyler and Bryce both LOOOVED it! Bryce sat on DH's lap for ages in awe just looking up at the show, then he started getting right into it, clapping his hands and yelling with excitement!!! Great memories!!

Nat - the soaps you're making sound really interesting! Bet it's fun too!

Bec - Hannah is doing really well crawling and pulling herself up on things! Clever cookie!

Mel - Well done on getting into Nursing and all the best with finding some temp work until you finish studying. I know you will make a fantasic nurse!

Mands - Wow, your pregnancy is flying along!! I know what you mean about one of them pushing your buttons and it's nice and quiet without them around for a bit, don't feel guilty, I have the same feelings when Tyler goes to stay at either my parents or DH's parents.

Sharna - Aidan is so big now, I can't believe how fast these kids of ours are growing up, blink...and you'll miss a few years it seems! How is Nadia with him these days?

Ros - Yes, I agree, living rural can get difficult. Where about do you live these days? Still in Mandurah area? I'm still in Harvey.

~mumto2girls~ sorry to hear that you have been struggling a bit with depression still! I had PND after both boys, and after having Bryce it took me about a year to start feeling on top of it again. Even some days now still I have my moments and I think to myself, "Oh come on, I thought this was in the past!" I think lack of sleep triggers it off for me the most, when nights like this I am now still wide awake, my brain just won't switch off. I do every now and then take a Velarian forte if it gets bad, or SedaSleep, (or even Restavit if I am depserate) for a few nights only just to get my sleep habbits back into a better routine. Anyway, that's my situation, but yours is probably vastly different depending on your circumstances. But, just remember you are not alone, hugs to you! Please don't forget to do something special YOU love doing just for yourself on a regular basis to keep your emotional tank topped up so you're not contantly emptying it on caring for/nurturing your family etc.

Better go, my laptop battery is going flat!

#52 bec8112

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Hi everyone, sorry been a bit slack with replying lately.

Mands - how you feeling?

Sharna - I work Mon, Tues and Wed so maybe one Thurs or Friday we could meet up somewhere half way. Your business venture sounds great, I will think of you if I ever need something like that  original.gif

Annika - sorry forgot to say Hi when I have come in and posted a few times. It is so great to hear from you.  Yeah I think Hannah is going really well but I think she will be walking well before Ethan did, she is already getting around pretty fast!  Sounds like the fireworks were great ! I cannot wait to do more things like this once Hannah is a little older.

Mel - how was your Aust Day BBQ?

Sorry got to go and do some stuff before I get too tired and have to go to bed  tongue.gif

#53 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

Bec - Wow, Hannah is crawling already. The past 7 months have flown. It sounds like She is adapting well to DC. I'm so glad Ethan's face is healing up, the photo on FB looks quite sore. Ouch to your blisters, but I'm glad returning to work is going well.

Sharna - Still haven't heard back about Dylan's assessment, and I'm not holding my breath as his case manager (the nice one) was due to start maternity leave this month. I think we currently have toe support we need for Dylan, so I'm not going to bother chasing them up.

Mands - It sounds like the card business is going really well. It must have been pretty full on trying to run both business, look after the boys with Danny away so much, as well as the tiredness that goes along with being pregnant.

Mel - Woot woot to quitting work. When do you start uni? I'm so excited for you. I'm doing a uni bridging course at the moment in the hope of studying midwifery.

Annika - Sounds like you had a lovely Australia day. We went to a family fun day, but Dylan wasn't really into it, so we didn't stay long.

I had a meeting with Dylan's school today about him starting preschool. He was meant to start this week, but his support people, and the school thought it would be better to wait until we had an education plan meeting first. The school is so responsive to working with Dylan's needs, and letting him gradually transition into the preschool program, so I'm feeling really positive about it. Mahalia on the other hand, it quite upset that she doesn't get to go to preschool too. I think the majority of the tears next week will be from her, lol. I've tried telling her it will mean lots of time to do just mummy and Mahalia stuff, but she just wants to go to school.

Got to run, I'm making Dylan's school shorts as nowhere sells black school shorts in a size 3. I can even find normal black shorts. You'd think the school would at least sell them, seeing as they make preschoolers wear a uniform, and half of them won't be quite 4 yet.

#54 Fabulous

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

Morning all,
We didn't do anything exciting for Aust Day. We went to view a newly listed house that was for sale. We loved it so we got the documents from the REA and was going to fill in the offer & acceptance and email it back to him that night. Anyway when we got home DH looked up the ground water atlas and decided that the house might be a bit low lying so we are still tossing it up. The house is correctly priced so I think somebody else will probably snap it up quickly. We then came home and I helped DH with paving.

Annika- sounds like a great night. I think it would be much easier than trying to launch your boat into the Swan River for the Skyshow. We aren't in Mandurah anymore, we are up in the Northern Suburbs of Perth now.

Georgia- that's great that the school is so responsive. Pre-school will hopefully be a good experience for both of you.

#55 Small Potatoes

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

Quick post. Am in hospital with a staff infection tjat has gone rampant so am on IV antibiotics. Should be home tomorrow

#56 meeskamouska

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

Oh Mands - thats noo good. Hope u start to feel better. Thinking of you. Take care of yourself.

#57 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Really busy lately as Dan is on a run of nights and I have the kids all day by myself keeping them quiet and then up at night with Aidan...

Typing this on my lovely new 27inch iMac!!

Mands - thinking of you.... hope it isnt anything too serious.

Sharna

#58 bec8112

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

Mands - hope you are better soon. Let us know how you are feeling soon.

Sharna - yeah on the new iMac, how is Aidan going at night time???

We made a last minute decision to go to my parents in noosa as we were prisoners in our house as we have a baby bird in our yard and the parent birds keep attacking us in the yard! Called the RSPCA and they said to leave the baby as it 'should' learn to fly soon so fingers crossed it learns so we can play in the yard in peace.

#59 meeskamouska

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

Bec - hope your birdie pings off soon for you.
Mands - hows things going? R U still in hospital?

I need to whine.
Paul ended up staying ANOTHER week at home. He has finally just gone now. I'm so totally over him. I feel like I'm living someones elses life. I don't know how to even begin to fix things. With us or how to make it right on my own. I've been so low lately. Anxiety to the max. Hate to even say it but I feel like checking out. Thank god I have my girls. Sorry to land that as our little group hasn't been very chatty of late but I just needed to say it, type it, get it out of my head anyway. I'm so tired. I can't sleep. I know I'll feel a bit better in the morning after a sleep & probably feel embarressed by my post. Things will seem brighter & Paul will be at work & I can relax into my own life again.
I feel so trapped.  sad.gif

#60 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

Nat - big hugs sweetheart. Thinking of you. Sorry we havent been around to chat too.. i know i miss our little group when things get busy. Take some time to breathe a little now that Paul is away and as you say, i am sure you will feel better in the morning. Can you take something natural to help you sleep a bit better? Valerian or similar?

Sharna

#61 meeskamouska

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

Thanx Sharna.
Just had a huge bubble bath with my girls & feel alot better already. Am going to go to bed early tonite & start fresh in the morning.

#62 Small Potatoes

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:53 AM

Nat Big hugs.  I hope you can get some clarity while Paul is away and some peace. I know it is a LONG drive but you are welcome to stay here for a few days if you ever need a break.

Home from hospital now, feeling better but still a little run down.  Just easing back into things.

#63 bec8112

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Mands - how are you feeling?

Nat - how are you feeling?

Sorry no time at the moment  sad.gif

#64 meeskamouska

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

I'd imagine everyone is quiet busy with work & uni commitments Bec.
Hope its going well for u.
Alls good here. I've had 2 days to myself & feeling like me again. Might even b able to soap on Thursday....yay!!!! So looking forward to that. I have so many plans.
Sharna - hows the Bon bons going?? U must b getting close to starting work again. Is it nice having Dan home?
Mel - you've been quiet. When does uni start?

Hi everyone else. Our little group has been so hush quiet...it echoes in here & I'm starting to feel like a stalker everyday looking for posts...rofl!!

#65 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

Nat - I come in every day but have been quite busy and just read. Things are good. Dan worked 7 days straight last week including 4 nights so it was a bit weird around our house. I had to keep trying to entertain the kids quietly or take them out of the house altogether. It is good having him home although I think I have a similar relationship to Dan as you have with Paul. I like my 'me' time when he is at work. The Bon bons are almost ready for sale. We have uploaded most of the images onto our website and are finishing the FB page.. did you know they have a Shop Now tab you can add that has a shopping cart. It is Paypal based but really great how FB has responded to all the online businesses and has practically become as useful as a website.. and FREE!

Mands - how are you feeling honey?

Bec - I hear you on being busy.

Mel - when is your next Tri?

Ros - I seem to keep asking this but has Jack had his first day at daycare yet?

Georgia - Anymore news on your move or being transferred?

Amanda - I read your post of FB about not being able to operate your business until May.. that is hard going. What can you do in the meantime?

AFU - I have alot on my mind right now. My dad's mum, Nana, had a massive heart attack last week and was admitted to the CCU at cairns base hospital. She is still really unwell and the doctors are quite guarded about what they think her outcome might be. She is alert and talking etc but her body isnt recovering ver well.

My parents are up there in Babinda (30mins south of cairns) with that Monster cyclone bearing down on them! They evacuted ALL the hospital patients down to Brisbane (mean I can go visit Nana) and that is something they have never done for any of the other cyclones which makes me think it is a serious potentially deadly event. Very worrying.

Finally - Aidan got exposed to whooping cough at daycare last week and has to take 10 days of prophylactic antibiotics in hopes it will cover him. Apparently it was one of the carers in the babies room oomg.gif I feel sick worrying about it as he hadnt had his 3rd boostrix (its gets done at 6mths) and I had actually only organised for it to be done yesterday. He couldnt have got it last week and it wouldnt matter anyway as you need around 14 days to make antibodies to a vaccine. I have terrible mummy guilt as both he and Nadia didnt need to go last week as I wasnt starting work for another 2 weeks. As it stands he is excluded from daycare until he has had 5 days of AB cover. I am also fuming as the daycare wont confirm if I have to pay for my days this week!!! Bloody hell, YOU are the reason he cant go... he isnt actually sick, it is just precautionary.

Anyway...

Gotta go, Nadia calling out from her room

Sharna

#66 Fabulous

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

Sharna- Yes Jack had his first day at daycare last week. It went really well which I think was largely to do with the 2 orientation sessions he had. They never had orientation sessions at the other daycare centres we have used. We made use of the day by heading off to a big water park with lots of rides, slides and so forth.I hope all of the people in FNQ are safe, my Aunty, uncle and cousin live in Townsville. I've never actually set foot in either QLD or the NT. How is the sureslim going? Fingers crossed that Aidan is fine.

Mands- Glad to hear that you are out of hospital.

Bec- you must be pretty busy with 2 little kiddies and working 3 days per week.

Nat- I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel better.

Georgia- how did Dylan's first day go?

The kids are starting back at school today so I need to start making the lunches soon. Somehow we forgot to get the booklists last year so I had to wait until the school office opened on Monday. I went to purchase the books and stationary at the education supply store and it was jam packed with people pushing into one another and the line at the check-out extended from one end of the store to the other, crazy!!

Edited by ceres, 02 February 2011 - 09:32 AM.

#67 Fabulous

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

The house is so quiet with only two kids at home.  laughing2.gif

#68 meeskamouska

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Ros - Oh I know that feeling of the quiet house. I quiet enjoy it. Glad that DC went good for Jack. I dreaded starting CR in DC but with perserverance it has worked out great for us. I love water parks!!  

Sharna - Thanx for the tip with the FB shop. I've actually set up a 'page' for Soap Chunks already which I'll fiddle a*se around with as I get time & slowly set things up. I added the shop. I'm yet to do anything with it but actually figured out how to get it there. Bonus for me...LOL. I went with Vendor. As its a FB app. When will u go live with your site??
Thats no good with the whooping cough. U definitely shouldn't have to pay for that. Also its not your fault that happened. No use getting the mumma guilt going. Its tooally out of your control that sort of stuff. Fingers crossed they'll b fine.
R u still getting some chickens?? Was just thinking about u the other day when my white chook kept getting out.

Big storm tonight for FNQ. How scary. I hope it blows over.

News for me too - I've got a date for my vjj surgery. 23rd Feb. Scared & happy all at once. I'm due for AF in a week... it'll be my very last one for the rest of my life...that rocks!!!!!!

#69 bec8112

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:13 AM

Hi everyone, sorry for not being around much. Have not had the time to write.

Mands - how are you feeling? Yeah on the frame being started on your house ( saw your update on FB ).

Nat - Thanks so much  biggrin.gif  What vjj surgery are you having?  I cannot remember you saying.

Sharna - oh no that is terrible about the whooping cough! I really hope you do not have to pay as they exposed him to it! Keep us updated. Did you win the Sureslim comp?

Ros - I bet your house is quiet with only the 2 kids there.  How did the older kids go at school?  

Ah well not much to report, Hannah has a blocked nose so was up a few times during the night as she cannot deal with the not being able to comfort herself with her thumb ( due to having to breath out her mouth ). Ethan woke up from her noise and he was awake for a few hours chatting to himself and calling out all the people's names he knows which included the Thomas and Bob characters  wacko.gif  So think I am in for a long day as there is going to be 2 cranky kids here.

A friend had her baby boy Hayden on Tues so was going to visit them but will not be able to with Hannah being a little sniffly. Oh well.

Hope everyone is well.

#70 Fabulous

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

Bec- how sweet is Ethan calling out those names.  original.gif He is such a good boy, Jack would have screamed the house down if he got woken up. School went well.

Nat- good luck with the surgey, at least it's not too long away.

Sharna- How are your parents? I hope they held up fine with the cyclone coming through

Mands- How is summer treating you? Not too uncomfortable I hope?

We are going back to the water park place in a few weeks. I got conned in by the cheap return tickets.  wacko.gif I went on one of those rides where you spin around 360 degrees and when I was facing parallel to the concrete all I was thinking was "I hope this doesn't fail" I also went on the speed slide and the landing was really hard. I'm too old I think.

#71 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

Where is everyone? LOL... some people have lives it seems.

I am staring down the barrel of my last weekend home before I go back to work. Bleah... i am kind of looking forward to it but at the same time not really. I cant imagine how busy i am going to be doing three long days a week.

Ros - my parents faired ok. My dad has a 1/2 acre block and has spent 20 odd years developing this awesome tropical garden with fruit trees and a passionfruit vine that extends almost the length of the block... he is quite devastated as this time quite a few of the trees went over. The ground was too soft from the really wet season they just had. The house is ok, they have no power but have a really great genny that he can run about 4 appliances on. They have been through so many cyclones they are used to it all now. Pretty resilient the folks up in FNQ. Thanks for asking original.gif Good on you for keeping 'young'!! Water parks are great for kids. Last year I went to Wet'N'Wild with my neices and had to do Aunty duty and go with them on each of the slides... I just about pee'd my pants a few times... the vertical drop ones are scary. Good fun though.

Nat - we loaded up E-payvment or something like that... i didnt see an option for one called vendor. I just added a FBML page. I am still a novice at all this. We hope to have the webbie and FB page live on sunday. Its exciting. I cant wait to get feedback from you all about how it looks. Did you make any soap?

Mands - how are you? Home? recovering well. Is bub ok? I saw that you got someone to take over your Sweet bubba business.. that is great news.

Mel - where are you hon? Hope you are well and all is good with Mr T.

Bec - My work days are going to be Wed/Thurs/Fri sad.gif Haha, at this rate it will have to be a weekend catch up. How is it going with the new routine and getting the daycare run done? Are you enjoying being back to work?

Gotta go, I have to finish another 3 modules of online competencies before I start my orientation shifts on mon/tues. gotta do stuff like EEO/Diversity, Emergency management, medication assessment, basic life support etc... fun fun fun!

Sharna

#72 Small Potatoes

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

Hi,

Super buisy.  the heat is KILLING me.  Have the a/c on from 6am to 8:30om don't want to see our power bill.  Yes I have sold Sweet Bubba, which is great for me, have closure.

BBL just a quick post so you know I am still alive and well.

Mands

#73 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

Mel - everything alright hon?

Nat, Bec... you guys just busy.

I hope our little group starts to pick up again. It was so nice to come in and read all the chitchat.

Off to work for me tomorrow. sad.gif I have got Aidan in an extra day so Dan only has Nadia tomorrow and then Aidan on tuesday. Hospy orientation which will probably be quite boring.

Sharna

#74 bec8112

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

Sharna- good luck at work this week, you will be fine and I am sure Aidan will love daycare! Have you started solids with him yet?

Mel - thanks again for dropping around on Saturday. Was lovely to see you and Tom, he is such a little chatterbox! Hannah has a bruise on her head, ha ha ha!  

Mands - I did not realise you were going OS, is it just a holiday? You taking the boys? How you feeling?

Nat/ros/amanda and anyone else I missed - hi, how is everyone???

AFM - Hannah is getting more adventureous so getting a few bumps and bruises! She is standing up on a few things so she is going to be my climbing child I think :-( Ethan is being a real challenge at the moment, major hissy hits and whinging, also hitting Hannah on some occasions when she is playing with his toys. I have no idea how to deal with it. Any suggestions?

Also DP and I are going through a rough patch so things are just not fun at the moment :-( we need to have a serious talk about stuff as I am just not happy at the moment!

Oh well enough rambling from me, should be getting the kids bag/lunches ready for daycare.

#75 Small Potatoes

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

Bec I automatically time out Olly for hitting. He is slowly getting better, though still hits Will and me if he is having a major tanty.
I am only going O/S for 4 days as Danny has a 72 hour slip in Singapore.  Mum is looking after the boys original.gif.

Sharna  Good luck on your first day - how exciting.

AFM Will has started putting "t" on the end of words such as "onet" and "downt" it has only been in the last couple of weeks and is driving me INSANE.  We finally have his "c"s working and now he is doing something different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.