May 08 Parents # 81

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

LAM: If you deferred you should owe them no money sad.gif stupid uni. I am not sure what I'll do with the degree, definitely not teaching! Which is what everyone assumes lol. I am thinking of doing more of a focus on Australian history and then try and turn that into a museum or historian career, but I'm not doing the degree for the job at the end so I'm not fussed, I'm very much go with the flow original.gif And as long as we stay within budget DH doesn't mind if I have a job or not at this stage - things will be different once E starts school though.

Rach: E is all about the NO! at the moment too, although I'm not sure if it's the age, or her diet - she gets very cranky and defiant if she has too much of certain foods. We have been doing chocolate bribes for poo on the toilet but I'm going to have to switch it to something else, hopefully I can find some stickers that look better than chocolate tastes laughing2.gif

TPM: Congrats on the job! Very awesome that your old boss wants you back, and you can do it around A & J

#52 angelbub

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

Looking for some mums in Nowra area

#53 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

#54 Cantankerous

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

HI everyone! Dont come here often enough anymore Doesnt seem like enough hours in the day.

I thought I better update the Big b**ch at work situation. You will all get a laugh.
Big b**ch and I had it out a couple of weeks ago not even 7am and she had a go Lisa not in mood had a go back and lisa ended up almost getting pulled back by laughing friends who could not help themselfs at the big b**ch finally getting what she deserved.

Well BB has brought in reinforcement. Her sister now works as well. BB thinks she got back on top but she is sadly mistaken. I just have to wait until her sister does a shift with me I'll soon put her in her place too.

Its all too funny, in all seriousness the place is fast going down hill and we are worried it might just go under things are pretty bad with some of us picking up extra shifts because we are so short all the time we work extra to help our mates out and try make it better for the resident.

In other news Ellie is wee trained in the day Poo well she waits until she gets hr night nappy on and does it no matter what we try. But at least we are out of nappys during the day.

Having huge problems with DS at school its doing my head in no matter what the school and I try is not helping so racking brains to think what next.

DF and I set a date for the wedding 3rd March 2012 I better get cracking on organising stuff I suppose.

I have my first even dressage and jumping comp this weekend on Max Had huge dramers with horses past few weeks.

I'll start from the start
Moved into new agistment in Decem people J &T seems great real helpful always wanting a chat even spent new years with them drinking would class them as our friends.
All good in Jan they got a nice stallion, Id been debating for a while to bred a foal so after long chats with them about breeding to their stallion I decided to buy a mare.
So brought mare in Feb left it a bit late to put into foal but they were going to arranged her to be brought into season via injection. This never happened I decided no too late and we decided we will try sept this year.
March all good 13th march out with them sat arvo chatting laughing all good Sat night we get a text saying had enough of this town moving back to **** got a week to move my 3 horses we thought something was wrong so went to see them and what happened next awful. Started off ok asking why we has short notice etc then it turned to sh*t and I ended up in tears cause I would have to put 2 horse up for sale which I didnt want to do. It got heated so we left back sunday moving to pick my stuff up all the while trying desperately to find a paddock for the horses. Sunday picked the stuff up spoke with a guy who was staying in a caravan on the property he didnt know nothing so we told him what went on they come out and ordered us off the property, so we left. Sunday night we cop call after call of abuse from them saying we made life hard for them and we for lying sh*ts etc and if we didnt get the horses out by monday avo something would happen.
Lucky we had found a paddock so monday we grabbed the horses and got out of there.
My friend also had a horse there and she got extra time to get her horse out but since then I have heard so many stories they told people. We found out they never paid the rent and did a runner the real estate never knew they left. They left horses who they had on loan not even bothering to contact their owners to tell them to come pick them up.
So shocky people I couldnt belive how it all went down so nasty. I lost out big time not only money wise but buying this mare with the sole intention to breed to this stallion a stallion I found out they didnt even own. They were real con artist and I got done big time. Goes to show they are out there.

But now we are at new paddocks no fancy stuff but its safe and they are happy.

OK I've rambled enough sorry lol

#55 ToodlePopsMum

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

hi guys

am here - just reading at the moment as never seem to have any time!!

all good.  aley starts three year old kinddy next term so can't wait for that.  2 x 2.5hour sessions per week original.gif

better go - aley awake and we are off to the pool/water play ground for a swim/play.

#56 KnightsofNi

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hi all,

Still plodding along. I am really starting to miss the kids. And this is my last week of 30hours and next week I go up to full time. I don't know how we will all manage.

On the plus side. Our cleaner started today. I think she is an angel, she basically cleaned my whole house (including the shower!) washed dishes, washed bottles, brought in 4 loads of washing from the line, and sorted out Owen's drawers. All in 3 hours. It was certainly nice to come home to that!

The kids are coping well still. Although, like me, they have off days. In another month they start a new LDC for Tues - Thurs. A brand new centre closer to work, so it will be alot easier for me hopefully.

Keep well everyone.

#57 KnightsofNi

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

I mean to ask.... which of you girls are in Melbourne?

I am coming over for a girly weekend in June and will have a little bit of time if anyone fancy's catching up. Mid morning of the 17th I believe from the plans we have discussed.

#58 winelover

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

Hi girls!!

Sorry so long since I have been here....

Thought I had better pop back in and start wishing all our 2 year olds a Happy 3rd Birthday!!

just as the phone rings!!!!!

#59 winelover

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

wishing all our 2 year olds a Happy 3rd Birthday!!

Right let me try that again!! Not only did the phone ring but chaos of extreme magnitude descended upon this household!

LAM - what a good idea to have a few 3 year old specifics!

Haven't checked Tayla's height in a while, but she is a midget... kids a year younger than her are taller than her! She weighs 12.2kg
Likes: playing with dolls, watching playschool, being a "mini me" and copying everything I do from talking on the phone to setting up a step box in the creche at the gym so she can copy me doing step!
Dislikes: yeah like Dempsey, Tayla is not big on vegies at the moment, she is also a bit weary of clowns and any sort of big mascot thing in a suit (eg the blood banks big drop of blood)

Hope - wow your cleaning lady sounds like a champion!!

Lisa - hope things improve for you and DS with school

Toodles - Yay for pre-school!! Tayla received a letter the other day to say she can start the week after she turns 3!

Kalita - Is that picture of Oaklands? lol lol

#60 winelover

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

O yeah - nearly forgot to ask - what are everone's cake plans???

I'm thinking of jamming a doll in the top of a cake so it kind of looks princess like!! lol

#61 Cantankerous

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:21 AM

Just wanted to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY PRINCESS ELEANOR!!!!!!!!!!

Cant belive this group are turning 3! wow how time flys. This time 3 yrs ago I was in labour so excited to meet my little girl after trying for so long and here she is 3 yrs later still being a princess and is just so adorable!

We are not having  party but there will be cake! and the Play-doh was a huge hit hasnt stop playing with it all morning.

Hope everyone has a great easter.

#62 winelover

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

Happy Birthday Eleanor xxx

Edited by winelover, 21 April 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#63 kgbird34

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

Hey girlies!
KATH my cake idea is much the same as yours!  Have made a dolly varden and covered it in pink and white marshmallows cause I'm not the best icer in the world.  I will endeavour to get a photo on here, but still haven't figured out how lol!  
LAM I haven't weighed Bell in a while but will endeavour to soon; she is toilet trained in the day but wears a nappy at night, often taking it off and wetting the bed  rolleyes.gif .  She has nights where she wakes and knocks on her door and tries to get into my bed and cries for ages if I don't let her, which I never do until about 6am!  She is a poorer sleeper than her baby brother.  She is stringing a lot of sentences together now after a rather slowish start and acts like a spoiled rotten feral animal making me NEED to get my hair coloured or I would be totally grey.  She is a loveable (sometimes) beast (all the time!)
LISA E's birthday pictures look gorgeous, she is such a cute little button  biggrin.gif .
We are having a family do with about 30 people here tomorrow for Bells birthday, I have been making chocolate balls and the cake today.  I have had my weight loss surgery and I tell you making all the goodies is no hardship anymore, I hardly wanted any of it!  It's weird.  So all going well here, loving the school holidays not having to do the school run!  Well I'll be back, will try to get some photos of the horned beastie up soon xxx me.

#64 kgbird34

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

LAM what about Bells!!?????  
Happy birthday Aley xxxx
We had to sing happy birthday twice today to Bells as she wanted to blow out her candle again so I lit it but she said SING!!!  So she was treated to two rounds  biggrin.gif .  A great day was had, she had lots of pressies and food.  We got her a barbie princess indoor cubby and she was rapt.  Now for easter bunny!!!  Just a quickie I'm knackered xxx

#65 Cantankerous

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

Happy Belated Birthday Alex!

Rach- we had to do easter on E birthday too cause all kids were with other parents over easter so not only did she get loads of cake she was also had loads of chocolate!

Hope everyone had a great easter. I had to work most of it so didnt do nothing and the Tax man will take most of which I earnt anyway damm it.

#66 winelover

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Happy Birthday Alex and Bella...Happy Birthday to you...hip hip hoo-ray!!

Happy Easter also everyone....severe chocolate OD here!

Rach - I always love your stories about Bella.  One day I am going to have to meet you IRL.  I really should go there one day for a holiday, especially seeing as though one of my mothers group girlfriends moved back home there.  It was her daughter Georgia's bday on Sunday. More Happy Birthday singing! Can't wait to see your cake.  I don't have a dolly varden tin (and I'm too tight to buy one or too broke atm) but I have a giant muffin tin, so I might use that for cake ..with doll still jammed in the top!

Lisa - working on holidays must suck...but not as much as paying the tax man.

#67 kgbird34

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

Hey Kath I would love to meet you IRL you cute thing.  I saw your wedding pics on facebook and they are soooo beautiful, you both look blissfully happy!  I hired the dolly varden tin, it was only $6 but I imagine a giant muffin tin would work out just as well.  I couldn't get one of the bloody dolls legs back in so I've put it in the bin about 9 times, somehow it keeps getting back out...  kids!!!!!  Whose birthday is next?  Ta ta for now xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.