• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=828929

#2 fishingwidow

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

How can 9 people view an empty thead? I thought I had best put something in it  wink.gif I am a bit naughty taking GOLD though when I haven't been posting. I just couldn't let it pass though, as I have rarely managed it in my 7 years on EB  rolleyes.gif

And the extra slack part is that I really have nothing to say. Holidays are travelling along, and we have been busy busy busy. We only seem to get a couple of days rest before the next influx of people come. The kids are loving it,  but when there is no one here the lack of sleep kicks in, and they are very annoying and whingey. I would happy for school to start back, except they need their sleep before they can handle it I think. Zac is starting 4yo kinder, and so it will be 10.75hrs over 3 days. His teacher is fantastic, so hopefully she will really help his speech improve. He was 6 months delayed in his speech, but his Therapist is really happy with how he has improved over the last few months.

Anyway, it is Australia Day tomorrow, and we are off to the local breakfast, as one of my Mother's Group is getting Naturalized. She doesn't actually know we are coming, but we thought she needed a bit of family support for the occassion, considering all her family live in "the old country"  biggrin.gif I am making a cake, and am going to try and make it look like an Australian Flag, (though round, as a rectangular one won't fit in my cake carrier rolleyes.gif ). We will see how it turns out. I'm going to try and make the Union Jack from a berry roll up, so it could be really dodgey biggrin.gif

I'd better get going as we have no fruit or vegetables in the house, and Eamon is asking for a banana. I think we are heading for a tantrum. This boy would live on only bananas if I let him rolleyes.gif

So I hope everyone is well and happy.  waves.gif

#3 boo boos mumma

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

HEy Girls,

Thanks for coming over.....

Natalia is 5months old.....

& I am pregnant!!

Baby No: 4.    DH this time is a little shocked but of course he is all laid back.

Surprisingly I am ok with it, whereas when I fell preggers with Natalia it took a while to warm to it and I spose since my mum had just died its understandable.

I am in shock - I AM ON THE GOD DAMN PILL ..........

I am excited, scared, im already busy mumma....but I figure we have ALOT of love to give - & the more siblings Aiden has the more I know that in future when I am gone he will have them to help support him with his journey in life.....thats what comforts me in knowing the next 15yrs of my life will be sleepless lol...

Please NO MENTION ON Facebook....dont know when i will tell my family...im supposed to be bridesmaid in Aug for my bro's wedding.....SIL asked me to plz not be preggers - i laughed at her and said it was a stupid thing to even suggest - not so stupid now hey?

We wondered yesterday when I nearly fainted at Aiden's therapy class & I suddenly felt sick, the same that happened when I fell with Reanna - So DH bought those new tests today that tells u if u are preggers & how far along...

At first it said PREGNANT....DH looked and shouted 'WHAT U ARE PREGNANT?? WHAT, WHAT HOW??"
Then shortly after it read that I was 2-3weeks - any other test prob would have said Neg as its so early.

#4 ~*~Tracey~*~

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Hi girls

Been MIA for a while, just been plain busy!!! And wight my Dad being so sick I just haven't had the time to do anything except look after the girls work and fight with hospitals! But that is another story fir another day.

Tam - OM*G!!!!! I guess congratulations are in order then! Wow, wow and wow. Nothing like a surprise baby to kick the year off. I hope it all goes well for you hon. You will definitely be one busy mummy!

We are all good here. We have had a few bumpy months with my Dad being ill and just trying to adapt to that and then other things that have happened along the  way. I will try and get on to post more often. In fact I will come in tomorrow and post a big post about what has been going on.

Best be off to cook dinner. Be good girlies!

#5 hawkchick

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

Heartfelt congratulations, Tam!!!

And I agree with Tracey - Wow Wow Wow!!!!

How very exciting and thrilling for you all. Another baby to love and cherish. Take gentle care of yourself though. You'll need all your energy!

#6 fishingwidow

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

Wow Tam. Congrats. That is wonderful news  biggrin.gif So that will be an Oct bub? I always wanted my kids close together, (though my body had other ideas), because my siblings and I were all close in age, (4 in 4.5years). It has made us a lot closer now, especially as a lot of our friends over lap, (Lily's God parents are my bro and SILs best mates, and my little bro married someone I went to school with). It also means that our friends have been supportive and considerate of my sis, who has Aspergers. They keep an eye on her, and include, because she is family too.

Once again, Congrats bbaby.gif

What's going on with me? Two posts in as many days!!!? laughing2.gif

#7 boo boos mumma

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

Thanks.

I am in shock still, up in the sky with WTF fairies I spose....

Actually in denial i think - its just crazy!!  

I think prob a Sept bub id say more than likely.......

Im excited but also OMG OMG OMG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

4 children UNDER 5yrs??? I MUST BE MAD!!

#8 boo boos mumma

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

Ok So ive just read the preg box (prob should have looked earlier do oh...)

It saids that if the preg test said 2-3weeks, the doc would be telling me 4-5weeks...SO would that make me due sometime in Sept?? My brain not working...

#9 stripeymonkey

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

Wow just got your msg on FB Tam - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Such a surprise!!!! I am very happy for you hon and yes...you are craaaaazy but aren't we all lol. I'd like another one but DP doesn't really - I might talk him around wink.gif I hope hope hope you don't get any ms with this one  hands.gif

I haven't posted in I don't know how long. I do get in and read every now and then but I don't seem to have much time to myself anymore. Lula is now 4mths old and yet it seems like only yesterday I was pregnant. She's babbling, rolling and well just growing up too darn quickly. Angus and Arch are doing great. Angy is the sensitive whingey one and Archie is the cruisey defiant clown-like one. So very different in their personalities, love each other yet fight constantly (much to my annoyance).

Sorry bathtime is now over and I have to go help DP dress them. I think I'm friends with most of the old group on FB so you'd be able to catch me there if you need me.

Erica
xx

#10 boo boos mumma

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

Hey Girls,

Ive gotten myself into a tail spin - I hate drama, I HATE IT, im such a non dramatic person but ive managed to create it only im the only one worried about it ((not so much now))

I sent most of you messages and some to other EB friends to come to our EB group for my news - all good...

And some lovely ppl sent private mess back to congratulate me ((ALL good they were private messages NOT public ones - so i openly thanked them & commented)...

UNTILL i recieve a message from a surname i didnt recognise that my friends were messaging her...in a panick i look and realise I accidently clicked onto her name for the group messaging ONLY she was on my mailing FB list BUT she isnt listed as a friend & I dont recall her EVER asking me to be her friend, maybe i assumed she was from EB>..I DONT KNOW ...but she isnt on my actual friend list?? WTF????

She used to work for my bro and although friendly, she is a big mouth, she blabs anything like colleen smart on home and away - any gossip is LIKE GOLD....so her stupid me handed her the biggest goss of all time That her ex bosses Sister is preggers - half of my town would know ALREADY its prob on her FB status (im serious) she told my SILs family about private issues to do with my bros business as she just cant help it....

SO in one lot of friends messages I wrote ha ha i tricked u all....but i realised that was a silly idea to throw this lady off - SO i told SIL & my bro and with their suggestions I told my other bro & SIL ...because if i didnt, by morning they would all know cause she would go and ask my bro ((guaranteed they are staying quiet to see as they will see her tomorrow for some reason))...

SO then Ive had to tell the ppl i said it was a joke WHY i said it & that it wasnt a joke....LOL.....

I got so flustered over it IM AN IDIOT!!

But all good, im actually glad i told them now as they are very supportive - NOW to tell the rest of family - I will eventually officially announce on FB....just have ALOT of calls to make argggh......

I feel like such a fool girls, i want to crawl into a hole for weeks...

#11 Stacymoo

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

TAM - OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!  ohmy.gif Your house is going to be crazy woman!!! laugh.gif Congratulations on your little new year surprise. How nice to start a year..........but yes I agree, you are going to be 1 busy mamma!!! How nice for your kids to have so many siblings. Fantastic news & I am glad you are being so relaxed about it.

Sorry girls I have been MIA for a while too. We have alot of business stuff on our plate including some possible ventures in Vietnam (which may see us moving there for a while ohmy.gif ), our property development plus normal IT business stuff for DH's business & I am doing a Cert 3 in Tourism course this year so have been busy researching online courses! Phew......no wonder I am so tired all the time. huh.gif

Jaiden is going great. I am loving this period of his life since turning 3. It is such a beautiful age. He is so loving, affectionate, thoughful & he has such a funny little sense of humour in him I just love him to bits!! wub.gif

Promise I will pop in next week with more of an update. Have to dash for now as J & I are going away with a cousin & her 2 girls for 3 days. Really looking forward to the break. biggrin.gif

Tracey - I have been thinking of you with your dad sick. sad.gif Keep strong xxx

Blish - We will catch up again I promise!!! Sorry I haven't emailed you yet, the holidays have been a little crazy with my neice staying for most of them. Once kinder goes back I will make a date with you. biggrin.gif

TAM - OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!  ohmy.gif Your house is going to be crazy woman!!! laugh.gif Congratulations on your little new year surprise. How nice to start a year..........but yes I agree, you are going to be 1 busy mamma!!! How nice for your kids to have so many siblings. Fantastic news & I am glad you are being so relaxed about it.

Sorry girls I have been MIA for a while too. We have alot of business stuff on our plate including some possible ventures in Vietnam (which may see us moving there for a while ohmy.gif ), our property development plus normal IT business stuff for DH's business & I am doing a Cert 3 in Tourism course this year so have been busy researching online courses! Phew......no wonder I am so tired all the time. huh.gif

Jaiden is going great. I am loving this period of his life since turning 3. It is such a beautiful age. He is so loving, affectionate, thoughful & he has such a funny little sense of humour in him I just love him to bits!! wub.gif

Promise I will pop in next week with more of an update. Have to dash for now as J & I are going away with a cousin & her 2 girls for 3 days. Really looking forward to the break. biggrin.gif

Tracey - I have been thinking of you with your dad sick. sad.gif Keep strong xxx

Blish - We will catch up again I promise!!! Sorry I haven't emailed you yet, the holidays have been a little crazy with my neice staying for most of them. Once kinder goes back I will make a date with you. biggrin.gif

#12 boo boos mumma

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

LOL Stacey your message posted 3 times one after another LOL...

Thanks so much - YES its going to CRAZY, exhausting thought.

Ive told pretty much all my family and ONE friend...grad i will tell, not yet still getting my head around it. Everyone was like OMG OMG, but good but one of my aunties u could hear in her tone that was not at all impressed.

I just explained how i was on the pill but at the end of the day I am married, we have a home, a car, my husband is wonderful to me & he is a very hands on dad who supports me, I am very very lucky and we take good care of our children.....then she said 'yes congrats I'm sure you will make it work'....well at least i got that lol....

I have so much to get done. So tired i forgot how the first 3months can really exhaust u, i need to get as much done before i start dropping kilos from sickness, oh joy.....

#13 Chelbean

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:39 AM

Tam - Congrats!!! What a complete surprise. Call me bias but surprise babies are wonderful! Its like you get something you never knew you needed. I am sure you are more then capable of making it all work. How is Aiden going?

Stacy - How exciting about starting up some study, i am sure you will love it! Great to hear all is going well. I agree even with Allies speech issues shes been so much fun from 3 and up you get a big glimpse of their personalities!

Erica - really good to hear from you, i see you on FB but don't really get condensed updates on how things are going with you so its really good to hear things are going well.

As for us - we are going well. Not sure when i posted last? Most of you would know from FB anyway that my Dad suffered a heart attack on new years eve, so that was a big shock and very stressful. It was a week before we were meant to go camping at the beach for two weeks, where my parents also go. We weren't sure if any of us were going to be able to make it, i stayed down the coast with my mum in hotel as Dad was taken to a hospital there. He was there from Sat - Tues. They did an angiogram and thankfully only found one complete blockage which they fixed then and there. Hes given up smoking cold turkey and actually looks a hell of a lot better then before he had it. He has taken 6 weeks off work, and with the help of our friends that camp with us (only see them once a year when we camp but they are like family) who towed mum and dads caravan down and set it up for them, we were all able to still have our holiday together....which i think was actually quite good for dad.

We had a great time at the beach, alice had heaps of friends again, this year she was riding her bike up and down the street, everyone just ADORED her. In our camping group of friends there are two teenage boys who just doted on her. They would take her for walks, and even gave up their skateboards so that she could have a go on them. She had a fantastic time and thankfully the weather was actually pretty good down there. It was when we were there that the floods hit, the area we live in was really badly affected, so it was really heartbreaking to watch it on the news and not be able to help. My cousins had to evacuate with two small children but thank god their house only got minor damage, whereas the house across the street from them was flooded up to the rooftop. Very lucky. Friends of mine were stranded in their house with small children and barely any food for days - a couple of those days without power. It was just devastating.

The parks and shops in our area are still mostly closed as well. When we got home and drove through it looks like a warzone in another country or something, just horrible.

On happier news Alice started kindy last week, shes doing a five day fortnight and really enjoying it so far. Tears when i leave but i think it will be really good for her. Still not toilet trained, not for lack of trying. She now demands to have a nappy on and no undies. Her teachers and i are giving her a few weeks to get settled into the new routine of everything and then shes going cold turkey on the nappies.

Pregnancy is going well. 17 weeks today, so its kind of flying by, though didn't feel like it in the first three months. Finally starting to feel well again, this pregnancy is so different from my first though, with alice my skin was glowing, i didn't get any morning sickness and had so much energy. This pregnancy i had horrible morning sickness, my skin is dry and itchy, i have pimples, my hair is dry and oily at the same time. Am feeling gross! Trying to enjoy it because its my last one but its hard!

Have started feeling the baby moving, which has been really nice. We have not done a thing to get ready for this baby, haven't bought a thing. Guess im just waiting till after the big scan to find out what it is or not, then we might go put on a big layby or something. Have lots to do before it comes - at the moment we have allies room, our room, spare room, office. We barely use the office so we are getting rid of one desk and putting the spare bed in there and the spare room will be the babies room. So much to do my head is spinning.

Ive rambled sorry about that. Hope everyone else is well - good to see a bit of life back in this forum once again!

Rach xo

#14 boo boos mumma

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

Rach that is so scary about your friends with their young children & not much food - just horrible.

So glad your dad is ok & u got your holidday after all. 17weeks - gosh it is flying. I think u may have a boy my dear, will be interesting to hear when u have your scan soon. Did u have a dating scan or 12wk scan?

Allie will get there with her toilet training - good idea to hold off training till she is settled into care darl.

Well I still havent seen a doc for a BT - I went on Fri to take Aiden's appt but some very kind person cancelled that appt on me when i made another date for him - i told her i wanted BOTh dates .....so  yeah i had no choice but to go home so i dont see her till Thurs.

Have been worried about Aiden. he has been ruled out for epilepsy and yet he has been seen zoning out & yesterday almost falling where i had to catch him. he had a fall off the chair in the kitchen and grazed his face but we dont know it its one of those things or if he zoned out & fell. ...the therapist is emailing our paed for advice as she has also become concerned.

#15 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

Tam ask about absense seizures.

#16 boo boos mumma

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

Tam ask about absense seizures

Will do thanks Brooke.

Had a bigger scare - more seizures, ST saw it twice in a hour. Paed has contacted Paed neurologist who has convinced Aiden's Paed that he must have full neurological testing including an MRI.
SO we are waiting for a call then when they can squeeze us in we off back to the childrens hospital in Syd.

What really scared me is i went to see my GP on Thurs to arrange a BT for me being preggers - When she mentioned about Aiden and that the Paed is really concerned for him as he should not be having these seizures. I said yes i know im worried too hope the test can help us with helping Aiden...

She then told me that Steve & I may have to accept that Aiden may not be with us much longer ((yes thats right she was telling me that I may have to accept that my son was gonna die soon)). I was in complete shock - still am. I was all oh yeah ok then at the time but as i left the surgery i walked out without paying i was just so upset i couldnt bare to speak to anyone.

I cried all the way home then went to see Aiden ST. She was cranky what my doc said to me and said that untill tests are done we just dont know. The doc even said that she'll be surprised if i make it to 12wks with this bub and we still dont know if there is a future for child no: 2 - she is a great doc and has always been good so im not sure why she chose to scare me like that - maybe to prepare me?? I just dont know it scares the crap out of me.

Anyhows so Steve & I have decided we will wait and see what the tests reveal AND PRAY!! im not an over religious person but if praying may help my little boy i will pray every night forever!!

#17 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

Tam

Sorry, only just saw this.  How are things now?  Have you got an appointment in Sydney yet?

#18 fishingwidow

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

Holy Cr*p Tam. That is terrible. Please try and put what the GP said out of your mind until you have got some test results. I really can't believe she said that too you. Especially when you were on your own. Remember your GP is not a neurologist. Wait for the test results.

I am praying for you and Aiden

#19 hawkchick

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

Tam - I only just read this now too. Sorry, been caught up in my brother's cyclone Yasi misery...
So did I miss something? Aiden may have some deadly neurological condition? What do they think it might be? Oh you poor darling....I wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions until I'd had full testing done by a specialist. Do you know when you might have more results? I hope you're taking good care of yourself honey!

Stacy - Your business ventures sound exciting. I'd love to go into business doing something, but I would never risk my house. My father used to have over a million dollars in cash in a savings account when I was a teenager (we were very wealthy) and now my parents have nothing at all. No assets, no savings - nothing, so I have always promised myself I would never ever borrow against my place of residence, which leaves the business world off limits to me! Sounds exciting though! I've always thought whoever opens a McDonald's in Mernda/Doreen will make a killing!

I've had a crappy week with my brothers house getting destroyed in Cyclone Yasi...it is still standing but it has sustained roof damage and they (Dept of Education who own it) are going to demolish and rebuild. Not sure where that leaves my brother and his family in the meantime, but I can't imagine how exhausted they feel - I missed one whole night's sleep and have had countless phone calls etc and I'm totally knackered.

James started at his new school on Tuesday (Stacy - we're sending James to Acacia, the private school in Bridge Inn Road) - it's fantastic and we're very happy; Elora started her 4 year old kinder yesterday; Josh, my teenager got his drivers licence last week; My husband got a new job 2 weeks ago and starts on 21st Feb; I'm working 2 jobs (both part time, but they add up to a heavy workload) so lots and lots of new things going on in my life.

I was going fabulously on my diet having lost nearly 13kgs since mid November, but I've hit the wall, thrown in the towel and packed on 3kgs since last Wednesday.

I HAVE TO GET BACK TO IT!

Take care everyone

#20 boo boos mumma

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

13kgs is very impressive Blish, dont worry about the 3kg. Very busy indeed darl. How many days of kindy does Elora go to??

Well its a waiting game for Aiden. Its gonna be months before an appt, they are desperately trying to push Aiden in front of the line and even the secretary put him on the cancellation list. I was hoping it was a good sign but ive now learnt that usually a child has to visit the neurologist for a visit before any tests are even ordered - the appt i was told would be in August then a further 6-7months after that ((usually)) BUT the neurologist has just ordered the tests without us waiting to see him first - its great itll be quicker but scary WHY he did that for Aiden when its not usual procedure.

Blish your question about what they are worried for Aiden is cancer - tumour of the brain. With the symptoms he is having and the fact that when he was a baby my uncle was diagnosed with a brain tumour (and cancer around other parts of his body) and we lost my uncle within 6weeks of being diagnosed ((Tracey would recall it was when i met her in Sydney))....so with this history and my aunty and grandmother having breast cancer, then my uncle on my mums side died of bowel cancer - u can see why they are worrying.

Aiden has been making good progress in therapy with bringing toys to us and waiting for us to play with him, holding my hand when he is on his mini trampoline and when id pull away he'd seek my hands again so we could play together - then the other day the ST put the lid on a container of cars - when i signed and said help to him he brought it to me and waited for me to open it - BROOKE u would of all mummies understand how fantastic that progress is - we were just stoked  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

So i guess we just wait and see and hope. Most times im ok then other times i have a little frightful tear, so frightened of what could happen and how long before i can know he is not in danger....it sux but we are getting our appts earlier than most so we have to be thankful....

#21 hawkchick

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

Oh Tam, how scary for you. A friend of mine's niece has just been diagnosed with a cancerous tumour in her adrenal gland. She also has cancer in her liver and her bones. She's 3 years old and I can't help but wonder how the universe can be so cruel sad.gif

#22 boo boos mumma

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

OMG Blish that is just horrible, I am getting teary eyed - it is so cruel poor litlte thing and her poor family I can totally imagine what they are going through-

And to think i may be one of those poor parents just frightens the crap of me.

I took Natalia for her 6month needles today and I was all smiles as usual till the silly nurse asked me how things are ARRGHHH..still smiling I said oh yes fine, but her brother has been a worry...i began to tell her and without any notice i began to cry....I felt so stupid but when I looked at her her eyes were red and welled up - she said she knows we dont know till the tests but any worries for little ones just breaks her heart.....she was so lovely and listened about what we have been going through and how even though he is a priority case its still a long wait....

Im actually fine truly but today OMG I was like WHOLLY cow where did these tears come from.

Anyhows hope u all are good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.