December 09 Parents # 20

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 Sancti-claws

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

It is a gorgeous age, isn't it SundayJ - I am on Facebook and get to see lots of lovely Banjo shots!

I know of Emma's and Maren's little ones - and I am super slack in updating the list anyway.  Life sort of gets in the way!

Good on you guys for being able to make the working/caring thing work out for you.  

Jos has 3 days a week in care (I work 4 so Friday is MY DAY) which tears my heart out - but she does have great days in the main and it seems she learns new things in leaps and bounds.

Her vocab is impressive - but there are only a select few who get to see it, as she is painfully shy.  Certainly different from my older daughter.

We have just re-started swimming lessons.  We have tried and failed a few times - she absolutely refuses to do what she is told in such environments, and so either she has a merry time just splashing around OR massive meltdown when there is insistence.  Neither are beneficial to learning how to survive!!!  She needs it, though, as she LOVES the water, and when we go to the beach she will bolt towards the waves as fast as her legs will carry her.

Anyway, we are growing well and truly out of size 2 clothing here, just buying up on size 7 shoes as she is growing along the ground as well as up, actually have hair-ties in play (I know, my bald baby now has a mullet!!) and she can be a very cheeky monkey - although at the cafe at the markets this morning, her retort to her sister calling her that was "no, I'm a funny bunny".

#52 mummy2Ali*Lachie

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

hello I see you all on fb and am always so busy so never get on here but wanted to stop in and say howdy!!

#53 Sancti-claws

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hey there - its a bit like that, isn't it (and on another note, your boy is well and truly over 1 now - time to change the ticker?)?

So, how is everyone going with their "not toddlers"?

Josette is coming along in leaps and bounds - our understanding is getting closer to her talking, she is nappy-free except for naps and bedtime, still a bit of "bup" in the mornings (but insists on her bottle of water throughout the night in the cot)

#54 mummy2Ali*Lachie

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hey Girls I am looking for kitty-N I need some training pants...time to get this boy toilet trained!!

#55 Sancti-claws

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Just wanted to wish Lachie - our first baby back in 2009 - and all of our crew from way back there a happy 4th birthday and hope everyone is doing well.

#56 Dirtsa

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hi all, how are our 4 yr olds going?
It's been so long since I looked here, just wondering how everyone is doing.
Adam is going well. He started preschool this year and is enjoying it.

#57 Sancti-claws

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hey there 4strid (see what I did there? :) ) - We are going along well.  Jos is in a Kindy program at Childcare - next year for Prep.

#58 Sancti-claws

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

Dusting off in here - anyone still around?  How is first week of school going (if indeed you are doing first week of school)?

#59 Mercurial

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

Hiya - still frequent EB but haven't been in this thread for years.  Yes my little girl stated prep, DF you would have seen piccies on Facebook of her.  She was so excited!  

She was so, so ready to start school, if I had of been able to I would have started her last year, she's that keen.

Edited by Mercurial, 30 January 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#60 Sancti-claws

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

We too started, but it has been tears at the beginning of each day but big smiles by the end - she is of a nature that will not go quietly into new experiences, unfortunately.

I didn't put up photos, because although I have the tear-stained, reproachful "how dare you do this to me" pose, I am saving it for bribery purposes when she is a teenager.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.