February 07 Parents # 392

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
152 replies to this topic

#26 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

Taren - I think you are incredibly brave to make the move you have! I know I could never do it, I am so embeded in my little life here. Plus I really rely on my parents and sisters for support and help with the kids. I think Bel's suggestion of the state forums or bub-hub are excellent. But most of all just give yourself time!

Paquita - Not quite a total dead zone. I think its nice that people are posting again. How is Ollie after his surgery?

Heidi - Not long now until you get to see Chris, have you told Nitara or will it be a surprise?

Roz - How are you settling in? Is Zane loving school? He looked so grown up in his uniform.

Bel - How fantastic that you have been able to get work in a great centre that is so close to home, I definitely would have done the same. How is Jai now? I hope he gets to enjoy his birthday weekend, so hard to believe he is 2 already.

Tess - How is Miss Mila doing? She is terribly cute! How have you found the adjustment to being a mum of 3? I imagine its just business as usual??

Gaby - Like your new wheels! Bet it was a bit of an adjustment after the cruiser. Can you still tow your camper trailer? We downsized my car last year and it has been best thing ever, I can squeeze almost an entire month out of 1 tank of petrol! Probably helps that Ben recently got a new dual cab ute and we use that on weekends and trips etc but still!

AFUS - I have struggled a bit this week, just trying to balance everything. I feel like I am doing a pretty bad job at everything at the minute (and I can't stand doing anything badly!). My career suffers because I am only there 3 days but if I work more than I feel I miss out on too much with the boys and I really don't know what the balance is - its quite a dilemma. I conpensate on the work front by trying to do more from home but that is a bit of nightmare because I end up working when I should be sleeping. I sometimes wonder if my life would be less complicated if I just had a job instead of a career if that makes sense?

So to help try and balance myself I have finally started back running. I am doing the C25km program and I love it. I'm hoping it helps shift the last 3-4kg from Hamie's pregnancy and most importantly gives me the 'me' time I am craving. Plus I feel so free when I run! I have also invested in a book on meditation because I'm a bit of a hippy at heart.

Our entire firm is meeting in Wagga next weekend for a big dinner on Friday night and sporting games on Saturday so I will be away from the kids for the Friday night. Ben was supposed to come also but is staying home as there is some big rugby thing on the Saturday that he would prefer to go to, so the boys will have fun doing that with him.

I have noticed Jack and Hamish are playing together more and more this past week or so. It is so beautiful to see. They are often both sitting on this little chair we have giving each others cuddles - just melts my heart!

Jack never ceases to blow me away. Last night we were reading 'Where is the Green Sheep' before bed and he randomly says hey mum if you spell sheep wrong with a T it spells sheet. How he flipping knows that I have no idea? He has also started to want to play I-Spy in the car, at first I was sceptical about him being able to match the letters to the words etc but he has surprised me with how many words he can actually match - I think maybe they play at Preschool because I'm not really sure where the idea has come from.

He has also started to learn to play the recorder. Apparently its a good introduction before they move onto other instruments. He can only play notes A and C at the moment (and I totally forgot how annoying the recorder sounds!). They are also learning to read music at the same time and he can identify A & C on the scale and identify several 'types' of notes. I am well and truely out of my league with all of it though, so I have to pay lots of attention in class so I can help him practice at home.

Anyway best go do chores!

#27 heidistar

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:21 PM

hhugs.gif to you Taren. It is so hard when you move away from family & friends to adjust & fit in & make new friends. I have felt your pain..... How bloody rude of the P&C for locking you out ohmy.gif serriously come on, people are always late to those things & therfore you would leave the door open so they can come in, and you were knocking for god sake! How beautiful to suprise the girls when your mum visited original.gif

Ally:
We get to see Chris tomorrow for a 2hr BBQ, i hadn't told Nitara as i wanted it to be a suprise but also incase they cancelled it. But it seems she has overheard the Mummy's talking laughing2.gif On the way home from preschool she told me she thought the supise would be Daddy as she had been listening to the Mummy's talking about the Daddy's. 3wks until his home eexcite.gif ..... Oh & wow to how smart Jack is! we have a recorder aswel, Nitara has no idea how to play it but yeah boy had i forgotten how much i annoyed my parents with mine growing up  dev (6).gif

Edited by heidistar, 11 March 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#28 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:30 AM

Ohh you all stopped posting  unsure.gif

#29 heidistar

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

Ohhh yes gone quiet again unsure.gif

Well Chris came home on Friday. We watched him in his Lanyard Parade, where they are offically accepted into the college & are presented with a 'Lanyard' which is a piece of coloured rope that goes over the sholder on their uniform. Usually the Lanyard is khaki in colour, but Chris has gotten into the sovereign company (meaning the winners for this year) & therfor he wears a Red Lanyard. The Parade was really good watching them all march in time to the Marching band. Then they hand out awards & Chris was awarded the "Most Improved Cadet" award, which is one of only four awards given on the day, we were so proud when they called his name out. He was also suprised & took a minute to respond when they called his name as he didn't know he was getting it. There is photos on my facebook of the day.

For those that don't know i now have my P's licence eexcite.gif & have been driving around for the last week. It feels so good to finally be able to drive biggrin.gif

I hope you are all are well

#30 MelRaLi

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

Heidi, sounds like things are going great there at the moment.. Congrats to Chris and all his awards. a Great start compared to how things turned out last time he tried training. Bet the girls (and chris) is loving being home.

Gaby - yay to a new car. Was thinking the other day.. Are you guys still planning on moving to NZ?

Ally - How did your night away from the kids go? Are you managing to balance things any better?

Taren - how's the visit to Perth going?

US - going well. in our new house and about 95% unpacked thankfully. kids are gong well. struggling a little with the uni work load right now but will get there... not much else going on

#31 Amber7

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hey guys

I am so terrible at coming back and replying. I have been stopping in every few weeks to read but its more a case of where to start in replying back to everyone. blush.gif

Thats great to hear your all settled in Mel. Is Uni full time at home? I take my hat off to if it is. I am finding 3 days on campus has its moments. While I love it and am so glad I'm not doing it at home with the kids around its alot to balance somedays when your out from 8 in the morning till 5 at night and then still on the go at around 10 just catching up on things you would normally do if your home. Then when home also I tend to put off any school work until the last minute as im too distracted.
How are the decisions going on having #3? (I read a while back about thinking about it?)

Congrats Heidi on getting your P's. I bet you will now wonder how you survived without a car for so long. Thats great also Chris is home and doing well.

Ally, I just read it was a month ago now that your big post was..oops! I hope things on the balance front are improving for you.
I know what you mean also. Having a career means furthering yourself constantly and even bring your work home where some 'jobs' you can leave at the door when you get home as its purely from a earning money standpoint?
Jack sounds like a very clever little boy. The things they just come out with and amaze you with at this age are incredible.

Taren, Sorry to hear your having lots of ups and down with the big move. I agree about joining a local group on here and hopefully that will help with finding some people to chat to and get to know. Hope your doing better and glad to hear the girls are doing well.

Bel, Sounds like everything is going great for you with work and the kids. Michaels neice turns 16 next week and its just amazing how quick kids grow up, especially considering she was 6 when I first met her.

I still havent got Lily's 4 yr old needles done also blush.gif I am so dreading it though. I know she is going to not be happy at all and hopefully I can convince her, otherwise she is just going to fight it.

Us...Not much is new news. Just plodding along with school (Which I love..love...love), the kids and there isnt much time for anything else. Kids are doing great and Lily is loving pre kinder. Zavie has settled into child care well, he cried at drop offs for the first few months but we are now on the tail end of it, it was only a quick cry and the exact second I was out the door he stopped laugh.gif
He is getting so so big and wont be long until he is out of nappies...then it will really hit (and makes me want another...ha)

Next month Michael & I celebrate being together for 10 years....ekkk! So I'm trying to think up something we can do to celebrate.

Hope everyone else is well original.gif I hope to stop by more frequently from now on.

#32 *maddierose*

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

Wow Amber 10 years, scary how fast it goes. So glad you are enjoying school amd great to hear Zavie is settled in.
I hear you on our babies growing up, Jai is beginning to  toilet train and it's making me realise my baby is all grown up.

Ally, Makes perfect sense.. I don't really consider my work a huge career but it is full on, My boss is constantly paying for us to do online courses from home
The amount of paper work is huge (parents of our kids seriously underestimate the amount of work we do), 4 weekly meetings at night and we just did a meet the teacher night. Very full on atm and whilst i'm enjoying it i am also sturggling with a balance. I'm actually thinking a woolies job night packing would better suit my family.

Heidi, How is it having Chris home? What happens now?.

No real news here. I think i mentioned that both my sister and Matt's sister are expecting so i'm going to have a new niece in 10 weeks and a nephew in 14 weeks. I'm so excited.

#33 Amber7

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

Ohh wow Bel, Lots of babies coming into your family. I dont blame you for being excited. Thats great news.

Definitely scary how fast things are going. I cant believe its halfway through April. This year has gone so so quick. I think having lots of things keeping you busy doesnt help that either.
Its hard to believe Z will be 3 this year...I only thought of that last night and it just sounds so so grown up!

Best head to bed. Monday mornings are the worst for being organised even more so as Ive started slacking off on doing lunches and bags the night before...oops!

#34 heidistar

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

Hi Ladies,

Bel: Wow your work sounds a bit full on, sure a online course here or there to keep your skills up, but meeetings 4 nights a week? That is a bit nuts! Usually you would have 1 night meeting once a month & maybe a weekly room meeting when the kids are napping. That's how it was where i use to work anyway.

Chris is on holidays at the moment until Anzac day which is good as we get to see him everyday. He came 'home' as per say, but we don't actually see much of him. He has to be at Roll Call at 6.15am & then doesn't finish classes some nights until 9pm, but may not be home until after 10pm as there is things he has to do in his room. They all have to keep a room up in the lines & they have to get it to inspection standards, also their guns & brass etc. So some days the girls don't get to see him at all sad.gif He also joined the Rugby team so has training 2 nights a week & the game on Saturday. He tries to come home 2 nights a week to see us though & has Sundays off. It's a huge commitment & mostly i'm doing the Single Mummy thing. We just keep thinking about where this is going to take us in the long run & how much better off we'll be when he graduates.

#35 *maddierose*

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

but meeetings 4 nights a week?

Lol i completely worded that wrong. We have one meeting every 4 weeks.

Amber, 3 is so grown up, hey. I was just watching home vids of Ryan at about 15mths and it made me sad to think how fast it has gone.

Heidi,  Wow sounds very full on with Chris. Hope you are all coping ok.

Anyone doing anything special for easter?

#36 Amber7

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

Awww how cute! Seems like yesterday they were 15 months old.

We arent doing alot over Easter. On the Sunday we will do the Egg hunt and the kids get a small egg and some new pyjamas. Then just head to the IL's for a bit.
I was hoping to do some easter baking with Lily, probaly on the Saturday.
The rest of my time will be spent editing tons of wedding photos. Making the most of my time off school to get ontop of them.

How about you?

#37 heidistar

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

Bel: roll2.gif i am such a dofus!

Easter: I have got the girl's a gold bunny each & then some eggs that i will hide around the house for them with a trail of Bunny (powder) foot prints leading them. They both have a Bunny Basket to collect eggs in biggrin.gif Then we'll head out with the Inlaws for a Fmily BBQ, before Chris has to be back up at the lines to get ready for Anzac day on Monday, yyawn.gif have to be up for the dawn service here & then i think we have to drive to Goulburn for To-up at the RSL there.

Edited by heidistar, 21 April 2011 - 05:53 PM.

#38 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

Yay some posting!

We have just come back from four nights down at the South Coast. It was great. Spent our days at the beach, fishing and going out on the boat. I didn't pack the kids swimmers because I expected the water to be cold, but it was beautiful and Jack jumped in fully clothed  biggrin.gif  I was even a good girl and went for a run, it was the best run ever about 6km and along the river - my idea of bliss!

Hamish got sick on Wednesday night so he was basically sick the entire weekend. First time being sick and it was dreadful. He is on the mend now though. He is such a determined and strong willed little boy for someone so small. His sleeping has been hideous over the last couple of weeks and I am hopeful it has been connected to his sickness. He has previously been a fantastic sleeper so it has been a shock to my system for sure.

I think I have been doing better juggling work and the kids. Also my boss has been on holidays in the US for the past month, so work has been stress free. We also made the decision to take Hamish out of FDC and put him in the same centre as Jack, so only one drop off and pick up will make my life so much easier, plus make my work hours so much more flexible. Ben's work has exploded so he is working basically 7 days a week, and never less than 12-13 hours a day, so I have been handling everything on the homefront (we are usually a pretty equal partnership in that regard), its a challenge but we are managing.

My running is going so well. I am now up to 6km of running with no walking - aiming to push that out to 10km over the next few weeks/months  wub.gif , and so have ditched the C25k program (only got to week 5). I am basically back to my pre-Hamish pregnancy weight and feeling fantastic. I am surprised with how quickly that has happened and how quickly my fitness has improved. And I have a new obsession buying running clothes and shoes from OS  blink.gif .

Easter Bunny - Well my kids weren't as in to it as I thought they might be. Jack actually woke up Sunday morning and had completely forgotten that the Easter Bunny was coming. And since then they have both only had one mini egg (although I am sure if he had the chance Hamish would have had more). We also won a big basket of eggs in the preschool Easter raffle and now they are all piled up on the bench, with no one eating them! I am kind of happy though that chocolate doesn't seem to hold any special allure for the kids.

Heidi - How did you like the G'town  laugh.gif ? Sounds like you had a busy and exhausting day yesterday. Sounds like you are settling in to Canberra nicely and that getting your P's has given you so much freedom! Also sounds like Chris has found the perfect career path for him. I hope Chris is enjoying rugby. Ben has actually put rugby on hold at the moment due to work commitments and also he has done some pretty serious damage to some discs in his back.

Amber - Your hike yesterday sounded wonderful. Can't wait to do that sort of thing with my boys! I agree this year is going so quickly. Sounds like you are going great guns at school. Your work is amazing, if only you were on the mainland!

Bel - I had no idea of the level of detailed involved in child care until my sister started working in one. We also recently had Jack's preschool journal home over the weekend and the amount of info and pics etc in there is astounding and I now realise that his group leader does most of it at home in her own time! I have often contemplated the benefits of doing a job like night fill at Woolies, just to have a better balance but I can't seem to walk away from all the study I have put in. Yay to more babies in your family, such a precious gift.

Mel - The night away was not too bad. The kids survived and it was nice to have a few cocktails and let my hair down a bit. The hightlight of the trip though was coming back via the licorice/chocolate factory at Junee  laugh.gif  How is the new house? Have the kids made the transition easily? Are you studying fulltime?

Anyway best go get the kids sorted for the day. I have a mountain of washing to get through from the weekend.

#39 Amber7

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

Well I did it again...Sorry Ally! I forgot to come back and post.

It sounded like you had a beautiful time away. I think I read on FB that Hamish is still not sleeping better? How's that going? Zavie went like that for about 3 months not long back and is finally on the end of it and falling asleep fast and staying in his bed (not that I really minded him coming into ours and cuddling  wub.gif )

Sounds like all is great on the workfront also!

School is going awesome. We are really getting stuck right into it and spending most days in the studio playing around and bringing models in to work with. Its really awesome and fun work.
I so wish I was able to afford to travel round and do shoots. Eventually I hope that will be something I can look into.

Not much else happening here. Just catching up on some work on the computer before I hit the hay after 3 full on days at school.

Hope everyone is well!

#40 Surprise~Baby

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

Longtime regular posted (who hasn't posted for a while)!

Just popping in announce that I am pregnant again!

I can't reveal just yet who I am because I'm not even sure how far along I am. Suspect its pretty early like 3-4 weeks but there is the possibility its a few weeks further along than that.

I will post more when dating scan etc is complete.

But we are soooooooooooooooooo excited!

#41 MelRaLi

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

ooohh.. who can it be. Ally perhaps??

#42 ~Heather~

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

OH!! I am intrigued..

CONGRATULATIONS!!! When is the datin scan, so we can learn who is expecting?

#43 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Wow how exciting - Congratulations to you!

My guess would have been Mel but given she has posted maybe not?

#44 MelRaLi

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

nope def not me.. way to busy at the moment.. looking at early next year trying again perhaps.. need to wort it out in my head with uni prac's etc.

#45 BlueEyedBeauties

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

My guess is Amber

Edited by BlueEyedBeauties, 03 July 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#46 asignatureofthings

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

Tis not me. We're holding off on having #4 when Mila is at Preschool, give the husband plenty of time to get used to it wink.gif

Nah it won't be Amber. She is waiting till end next year I think.

My guess is Ally or you Paquita? Or maybe even Sara?

#47 ~Heather~

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

I thought Amber too.. Amber .. where are you?

I presume whoever it is has gone anon becuase they still frequent the boards and dont want others to know.. ?

#48 BlueEyedBeauties

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

not me Tess sad.gif but we would be super excited if we were original.gif

Ally has posted with her guess, so doubt its her..

Gaby?

Could be heaps of people... Alison, Narelle...

Im still saying Amber though...

dont take this the wrong way, cause I dont mean it in a horrible way... but there are only certain people who would come in and post annon... most of us I think would just come in and blurt it out... so maybe as Heather said, they frequent the boards too often and dont want other 'threads' to know.... Not sure??

Edited by BlueEyedBeauties, 03 July 2011 - 07:24 PM.

#49 BlueEyedBeauties

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

RIGHT... on the war path... LOL

I am changing my vote... Amber has posted a few times lately so it cant be her...

My guess is TAREN original.gif

#50 Amber7

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

Haha, Well all it takes is talk of being pregnant and this group is alive and well again....!

Definitely not me, I wouldn't go anon to let people know and like Tess said we are waiting till next year after I have finished Diploma (but if it happens it happens..oops)

My guess is maybe Bel? Maybe someone pulling our leg? Or maybe someone posted in the wrong group?

I am very curious though, so hurry up anon and reveal yourself...lol!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.