February 2009 Parents # 64

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#26 leita

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

Happy Birthday Cohen!!

Busy painting a donkey for "pin the tail on the..." game. We have 10 two year olds coming over on Sunday morning, with their parents, so it's going to be a crazy free-for-all and I'm desperately trying to think of activities to entertain them!! I'm going to have goop, chalk drawing, balloon decorating, dancing with streamers, brushes and water 'painting', plus the cubby house and tea set for 'cooking', and all her cars etc.... I hope it will be enough... any other ideas for activities that have worked for your parties?!

biggrin.gif

#27 pink

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

Happy Birthday Cohen!

#28 summerbub

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

Happy birthday to Cohen, Alyssa, and Jake!

original.gif

#29 summerbub

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

Happy birthday to Indi and Aston!

Wow, WTF happened to this group anyway?

#30 leita

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

Happy Birthday Indi and Aston

Not many of us left hey Robyn?

My baby will be two tomorrow. Think it's actually starting to sink in.  cry1.gif

Trying to decide if we "postpone" Amalia's birthday to Sunday though as that's when her party is, and she's so excited about her birthday, and all her friends coming for a party, that I think she might just be upset if we tell her it's her birthday, but then she has to wait for the party..... although I'm sure a few presents will cheer her up!!

biggrin.gif

#31 pink

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Happy Birthday Aston!

Happy Birthday Indi!

bit quiet around here isnt it?!

Leita - I hope the party goes well on Sunday. That sounds like heaps for them to do original.gif

Robyn - have fun tonight! should be a great night. I hope you little ones are feeling better soon. Poor Miss Eden has a lot to deal with there sad.gif

Jen - sounds like it was time for a new job! I hope it goes well. When do you start?

We have the inlaws coming for lunch tomorrow and then my parents, sister and BIL and their girls coming for dinner. Going to be a huge day but I am excited about it now. Went out present shopping and getting things ready for the little mans cake original.gif Oh I had him weighed yesterday and he is 11.1kg so still pretty tiny and Hannah is only 6.1kg at 5 months making her the smallest out of all my kids. But only just!

Damn forgot to get slivered almonds for a terrible sounding but really yummy 2min noodle and cabbage salad Tounge1.gif better get DP to get those when he goes out to get sand for Jack's shell. Hopefully this rain stops so he can use it tomorrow!

#32 JoRiCo

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

Happy Birthday Aston and Indi!

I thought I might have scared everyone away  sad.gif .

Thanks for Cohen's birthday wishes on here and also on FB original.gif He had a great day, I had to work in the morning but we had cake and a little party with Josh and Riley last night.
Was so hard to know what to get him as he has all he needs so he got some jigsaws and a few new book which he loves.
It feels like he has grown up so much since yesterday and he is talking so much.

Pink- I hope tomorrow isn't too stressful for you and that you have a lovely time with the family.
I haven't had Cohen weighed at the clinic but when I weighed him here the other day he was just under 11kg so another small fry original.gif I'm sure they will catch up one day.

Leita- Wow can I come to the party? Sounds like lots of fun is going to be had original.gif

Robyn- Have a great time tonight. Hope the kids are better.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Dannii

Edited by JoRiCo, 11 February 2011 - 03:35 PM.

#33 Skyjay

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Indi, we took her too a play centre which she loved, we couldn't keep up with her. Didn't put too much info on FB as DH took the day off work & they were reluctant so didn't want to go on about indi's birthday as I am FB friends with a few and word gets around. We're off to the Zoo tomorrow to celebrate both Indi & my birthday. Weather should be perfect, but you just never know in Melb!!!!

Such a busy weekend, will be back during the week to post more.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

#34 summerbub

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

Happy birthday Jack!!
Happy birthday Amalia!

I hope you both had fabulous birthdays!
How was your day Jo?
Leita did you end up postponing Mali's birthday? Noah thinks he has a birthday week, as he had his party Sunday, leftovers Monday, party Tuesday, daycare party Wednesday! laughing2.gif Oh well.

Skyjay - enjoy the zoo tomorrow, I hope the weather is kind to you!

Dannii - good to hear Cohen had a great day. He is a small fry! original.gif Noah is a meatosaurus! He is 14.7kg!! This is my little tacker born 7lb1oz!

AFM, Buble was great! Very very good entertainer. So freaking tired now though - we got home at 1am. The entertainment centre is in the middle of nowhere and takes about 1 hour to get out of the carpark - then we dropped our friends home, went to my sister's house to pick up the kids, then came back home..... Eden woke up at 6am so it was a very short sleep yyawn.gif  My eyes are hanging out of my head!

We are off to see Wicked on Thursday night - I can't wait for that... have been looking forward to going for years! I almost went when we were in Melbourne when I was 7wks pregnant with Noah but the last two tickets were snatched up from the concierge at our hotel within 5 mins so we missed out.

Apart from that, my sister is off to Thailand for work tomorrow and returning on Friday at 6am.  Her DH still isn't confident with having Emma for a few hours, let alone a week so I'm guessing that we will be seeing them here a lot (not that I mind!).

Are you guys sick of me posting?  huh.gif

#35 pink

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

Happy Birthday Amalia!
hope she had a lovely day

we had a great day. The inlaws were a bit strange and after a 4 hour drive, only stayed for 2.5 hours  mellow.gif  and even tho they are staying the night about 5 mins from here they wont be coming back tomorrow apparently. Obviously still issues there somewhere! was really nice that they came tho.

Also had my Mum and Dad, Sister, BIL and their 2 daughters and a friend of one of them here for tea. Luckily we had enough leftover BBQ lunch that I didnt have to cook tea biggrin.gif gotta love that. Jack got very spoilt and had such a wonderful day. It was nice to have it at home with just really close people so I could feel a bit relaxed. Was on my feet nearly all day tho so I cant wait to fall in to bed. Just need to get these hyped up kids to sleep!

Robyn - wow I hope you get some sleep tonight! thats one big night and early morning. I bet Wicked is good too.

Skyjay - have fun at the zoo tomorrow. Silly Melbourne weather! I thought it might rain this morning but we all got sunburnt before the sun even came out today!! Tomorrow should be nice tho.

Jack is trying to force Hannahs eyes shut  ohmy.gif  obviously time to put him back in to bed for the 15th time!! lol poor boy has eaten too much cake I think wink.gif

#36 leita

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:06 PM

Hiya!!
Happy Birthday to Jack for Saturday! Sounds like you had a busy busy day!

Yes, we did postpone Amalia's birthday to Sunday, and I'm glad she did, she was just so excited when we told her it was her birthday, she started asking about all her friends and talking about her party and her teddy bear cake! We had a lovely party, and the weather was beautiful, I was really pleased. The yard even survived the two year old invasion pretty well!

Of course DH's best friend gave Mali a set of Bongo drums, which is by far her favourite present  wacko.gif oh there is going to be retribution when it's his son's birthday!

:-)

#37 White-Lily

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

waves.gif

Happy Belated Birthday Jack, Amalia, Indi, Aston, Cohen, Alyssa and Jake!!

ph34r.gif im a terrible birthday poster  ph34r.gif

Hope everyone has enjoyed the birthday season so far original.gif

Pink i know that terrible sounding salad, and I love it! yum yum!

Leita argh bongo drums! Glad to hear Mali had a great time at her birthday party

Robyn glad you enjoyed Buble. I would love to go one day. Wicked sounds awesome! Hope you managed a nap at some stage to catch up on lost sleep

Skyjay hope you had a great day at the zoo!

2yr Stats
Weight: 14kg
Height: 90cm

AFU took Shae back to the hospital for her liver check up and she was so good. She didn't even cry when they took her blood!! If all is well in her blood work we go back for another liver function test in 2 years, if not then we obviously go back sooner. Dr's were pretty confident she wont have any lasting issues which is a huge relief

We picked the last of the colours for the house, just need to wait for pre-start. Going to chase the builders up a bit today.
I cant wait until the house starts actually being built... and then actually gets finished!

#38 leita

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Oooh, WhiteLily, you reminded me I should measure my child!!

2 year stats: Height 86cms, weight 11.8kgs. Firmly back in the 50th percentile which is exactly where you'd expect looking at DH and I. (was a little worried during her 97th percentile poombah phase!!)

biggrin.gif

#39 summerbub

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

Happy birthday to Wil!

Noah is 14.7kg oomg.gif
Height 89.5cm

Big boy!

Nothing much here apart from greenstick fractures on my foot and toe, and trying to carry Eden around with one arm and half of my set of crutches in the other!

#40 NurseGladys

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

Robyn - So they are offically broken?????  Bugger!!!!!!

Happy birthday to all the babies (oops sorry, little people) that I have missed!!!!

I have been head down, tail up in all my uni stuff and have had little time to do much.  Back to uni next week and then work the week after.  I am super excited but secretly $h*ting myself all at the same time.  I hope that it is perfectly normal to feel like this, I am sure it is.

Gotta go, so bloody hot in Perth today which is not normally a big deal but the humidity is over the top and I am over it!!!!!!

#41 Skyjay

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL

ouch Robyn, you poor thing.

#42 Amandalea6

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

Happy Birthday to all the  February 2009 babies!

Tomorrow my baby girl turns 2! I can't believe it went so fast!

#43 pink

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:00 AM

Happy Birthday to Wil! for yesterday. Hope he had a wonderful day

Amanda - Happy Birthday to Ava , she is such a cutie! love those curls original.gif

Robyn - I hope the toes heal quickly. Enjoy Wicked tonight. Wow Noah has outgrown Jack! I remember they were always almost the exact same height and weight for ages!

Leita - still enjoying those bongo drums?  laughing2.gif  revenge is sweet remember!

Renee - glad Shae's appointment went well. Fingers crossed the test came back all clear. So exciting that you've got everything ready for the house to start!! how far off do you think the start will be?

2yo stats -
11.1kg
83.5cms

Most of you probably read on facebook that I had a big fright last night and am very lucky to still have my little man today sad.gif Yesterday arvo I was in the loungeroom with Hannah and my niece and Jack was in and out. The big kids were also running around the house, in and out the back door. Jack managed to get out the front door instead  ohmy.gif  and my next door neighbour was driving past and saw him in the middle of the road around the corner from our house!!!!! I didnt even know he was missing, it would have only been one minute but we all know thats all it takes.

I just cant believe how lucky we were. Our house is on a busy street where cars go flying around a bend but he had walked around the house next door in to the side street where hardly any cars drive. He was still in the middle of the road tho!!!! We only know our neighbours on the other side and it was just so lucky that she was heading out in the car at that time and looked to her right and saw him. She also said she hasnt ever seen him much except for the day before this, he was peaking through the fence talking to her kids and she was talking to him. Otherwise when she found him she wouldnt have known where to take him.

Just so damn scary. The screen door doesnt snib so now we will lock it and keep the keys in it if we have the front door open. I think it will take me a long time to get over this one. Very very scary.

#44 summerbub

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Awww Jo  bbighug.gif to you. You will already know this, but you did nothing wrong!! I have our front screen key locked and our keys are kept near the front door. Noah can open EVERY door, he can also lock and unlock all doors which is a real pain in the bum bum when I am outside and he slides the glass doors shut and flicks the lock so I have to coax him to unlock it.  rolleyes.gif
Anyway, I am so so so glad that the glorious Jack is safe and well. These things happen.

Amandalea - wow I haven't seen you in here for ever! Happy 2nd birthday to little Ava! Are you back on EB now?

NG - well I have no idea if it is "official" or not, but the doc said she thinks I have a couple of greenstick fractures - one in my toe, the other on my foot. My little toe is half black, half normal with a stripe right down the middle... and the underside is black, as is the my foot sad.gif

Well that wasn't the worst part of yesterday - before all this happened I took my sister's dog to the vet (sis is in Thailand for work) for her as she had run into the metal frame of her dogbed the morning before and her eye had gone all cloudy and red... by the morning it was also bulging sad.gif . So the vet had a look at it and said it was really bad, she may lose her eye but they were pumping massive anti-inflammatories into her in the hope they would save her eyesight. THEN.... I asked for them to do a full check over of her, he felt her belly and said he could feel a "mass" inside. So they were going to xray yesterday arvo or this morning and we will find out in the next few  minutes what it is sad.gif oh poor little Electra cry1.gif . I hope she just ate something....

So then I had to call my sister in Thailand and let her know what was happening - she was in a conference and started crying. I think she was very overwhelmed as this is the first time she had left Emma as well.

Then I kicked Old McDonald's truck.... and all this before 9.15am! What a day.

I hope everyone is well biggrin.gif

ETA - update from vet. Eye is doing okay, they think they might be able to save it biggrin.gif . He did an Xray of Electra's belly and nothing showed up, but Vet said all other signs point to a tumour in the liver that isn't showing up yet. Blood and urine tests etc. sad.gif Poor darling.

Edited by summerbub, 17 February 2011 - 10:49 AM.

#45 White-Lily

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

Happy birthday to Wil for yesterday!

Happy birthday Ava!

Robyn what a crappy day! I hope today is a better day and you foot and poor Electra are going to be ok!
ETA: poor Electra, i hope they can fix whatever the tests find. Good news about her eye.

Jo how scary! Glad Jack is ok but what a fright!
Hopefully the house will start being built in April original.gif And Renee is Crazy Cat Lady, I am Suzanne original.gif

AFM have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow to arrange my surgery to get my mirena out... finally!! I called yesterday and was lucky enough to get in because someone cancelled  biggrin.gif

Edited by White-Lily, 17 February 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#46 pink

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

Suzanne I am so sorry!! my brain is very strange today! I've been confused about so many things lol this was obviously one of them  blush.gif

Robyn you certainly had a bad day yesterday. Poor little Electra (such a cute name!) I hope the tests are too stressful for her

I'm off to try and get everything organised for tea and then bedtime. I took a sleeping tablet last night as I've had insomnia from the antidepressants and I really think it has me all confused today. I havent know whether I'm coming or going!! so glad DP is home from work tonight

#47 LEGs-R-US

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

Jo - when I read on facebook about it... my first thought was it could happen to anyone.  glad everything worked out ok and that a neighbor found him.  I often worry about my front door because Ethan and gretel can unlock it and I worry that Liam will wonder onto a busy road.  

Robyn - how's the toes?  ouchy.  Did you love Wicked?

A huge happy birthday to all the little ones that I've missed of late.  

I think it was Robyn that asked what happened to this group lol... I think it happens in every group.  My Due in April 07 group is still chatting away on facebook but every other group I've joined has slowly disintegrated.. even to the point that the moderator just didn't create a thread for us one day.  I used to come to EB everyday... and whilst I pop in and read every second day I certainly don't post as much as I used to.  I find some areas of EB are just far to b**chy to even open your mouth.  I do find it lovely though to have established a relationship with you ladies that means I can comment on your facebook posts... and come in here and still feel like home!

As for me... off to Canberra for a work trip tomorrow night.  wish I was staying a bit longer so I could catch up with a couple of people but unfortunately I opted to come back to Melbourne.  Far too much happening in the next month including Liams operation (woohoo!!!!!). This doctor was fantastic... the hospital facilities were amazing (had a quick tour yesterday) and this doctor has a slightly different approach.  Means that Liam should have it all fixed and 80% healed within a week.  We will now have a 20% chance of a 'stitch' causing a hole which may require a further operation but he is confident that this should be an issue.  He just can't beleive that the Canberra doctor let Liam get so old.  Hence March 22 his doodle will be fixed!!! woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, better go and get ready for swimming lessons.

love yas.

Jen

#48 White-Lily

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

Jen great news about Liams op being scheduled and that the new Dr and hospital are great. Must be a relief
Totally agree about some areas being too b!tchy to post in. A few threads recently have turned nasty really quick.

Jo no worries, we all have mixed up days original.gif

AFM got my Mirena finally taken out original.gif and after a few awful days of my body readjusting i feel great original.gif Oh and i got an iPhone original.gif so any really god apps, let me know

ETA just looking at my post and there are heaps of original.gif faces... LOL i guess im pretty happy, i think im in a good place

Edited by White-Lily, 23 February 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#49 summerbub

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

How's this for a nasty example... A lady was asking how to drop feeds to start to wean her 8 month old baby and this was the reply
Sorry but isn't this the best reason to breast feed since othr things affect him? Why can't you cut them out of his diet? It's not like he can and formulas are so full of sugar and artificial sh*t - he'll end on up one of those totally foul prescription formuilas like neocate that taste like fish oil..
rolleyes.gif

Jen I'm so glad that Liam's willy is going up be better so soon!!! That is fabulous.

Suzanne, great to hear that you are in a happy place st the moment!

Wicked was fantastic, foot is much better today.

Bbl. Off to bed.

Xx

#50 tinkster23

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

i's here

always too busy/tired to do long posts, but facebook is easier, and tend to be there a little more

need bed now, and i have to make the damn thing first since jack spilt some sh*t all over it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.