February 2009 Parents # 64

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#76 July Baby

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

Congratulations Leita on your  BFP.gif ! You said you had a good feeling about it! I hope you have a lovely pregnancy. cclap.gif

Robyn - Wil had lots of poo issues so I can remember the change. We went from running (cake mix) to hardish (playdoh) to constipated (pepples) over the course of a couple of days. Normal seems to be more like the playdoh - it holds together and looks hard but easily squished if he sits on it or I squash it in the nappy. sorry if TMI
Wil is not showing any signs of being close to start TT. We have played but he just isn't ready yet.
Good on Noah for doing so well with his TTing.  eexcite.gif
Isn't it weird how children can have such an issue which is controlled with medications and then they just stop needing it. The human body is such a weird thing. How ace that you can move on from the Reflux. I know so many people who's children suffer for years with it.

Renee - I hope things are looking up for you, you sound like you've had more than your fair share of things to deal with. I agree with the others that your work can't do what they are. How's your dad? Sounds like he's better without her

Jo - So proud of you and how well you are doing. Good on your for getting the help you need.  DP sounds like a very lovely person to have around you - he's a keeper!!

Jen - What a brave boy you have! I hope you are both propped up on the couch resting after a big day.

AFU - Wil still has a daytime sleep that is about 1.5 hours at daycare and around 3hrs on the weekend at home. He's a great sleeper (at least 12hrs at night). We are very blessed in that respect. He is still in a cot! We are still TTC  cry1.gif unsuccessfully.... with help too! It's expensive, emotionally draining and I'm starting to realise we might only be lucky enough for one miracle and it's very hard to accept. To make it all that a little bit harder I have 3 people at work who are "rather pregnant" so it's a bit in my face. Oh well need to keep going, dust ourselves off with each negative and hope that our turn is coming.

#77 pink

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

ddance.gif  congrats Leita!! thats such exciting news

Robyn - Our children are like 2 sets of twins sometimes!! haha. Jack has horrible non formed poo and Hannah now has the playdough type poos! I am coming to terms with the fact that both must be normal as Jack had his tested the other day and its all fine. So glad Eden is off her meds too, it really does seem like a bit of a dream now, must have been running on adrenaline or something.  ddance.gif cclap.gif   well done to Noah on being such a big boy!

Jen - Hope Liam is doing well today, such a brave boy you have.

Danielle - So sorry to hear you are having trouble TTC sad.gif I send you lots of positive vibes.

I am doing ok at the moment, still a bit up and down. Had my appt with the Psychiatrist and he was honestly horrible. I was in there for 15mins cos he was trying to catch up  nno2.gif  he didnt even talk about my meds properly or anything. SO I am not going back. I saw a mental health nurse at my GP clinic today and she was lovely. She will see me weekly and has sorted all my meds out with my GP (she rang her straight after the appt while I waited) and between her, the GP and the psychologist I think I now have a good plan again original.gif feeling positive today after 2 days from hell. Get very sick of the ups and downs but I know I will get there.

Jack has turned in to such a terror!!  oomg.gif  who told 2yos that they need to be so cheeky??!! LOL Yesterday he got in to the jar of Sudocrem and put it everywhere! leather toy box lid, carpet!!! and all over himself lol of course had to take a photo before we cleaned him up wink.gif I am about to start seriously TT''ing him. He can go for hours without a nappy on and not have an accident but the problem is, he wont go. He waits for his nappy to be put on. I think over the weekend I will stay home and just get rid of daytime nappies. If he has an accident then so be it, he obviously has control so I just need to catch him at the right time and get him to use the potty. I'm pretty sure when he does it a couple of times he will get the hang of it.

Off to enjoy my last 30mins of peace before I have to wake my babies and head off on the school run again. Days go so quickly!!

#78 White-Lily

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

Congratulations Leita!!  ddance.gif fantastic news!!

Dannii sending lots of baby dust to you. I hope you get a BFP soon bbighug.gif
Shae is still in her cot too and will be for at least a few more months

Jo glad you have got a good plan and some supportive people surrounding you now. One day at a time original.gif
Good luck with the TTing

Robyn great news that Eden is off the reflux meds and doing well.
Fantastic news that Noah is doing so well with TT.

Jen hope Liam's op went well and he is home soon

Renee how are things going this week? Did you get anything about your work sorted out? how is your dad?

AFU Shae is starting to get cheeky. She knows how to ask for things in a "im cute, do what i want sort" of way which is very cute but confronting when she tries to manipulate us at the ripe 'old' age of 2. Still, she is delightful (most of the time)

I do have one concern with her. She speaks and understands a lot but she sounds like she has a lisp. Is this normal with her learning to talk? Or should i get her checked out? Not sure if im over-reacting, DH is very laid back and thinks its probably normal

#79 leita

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

biggrin.gif

Whitelily- normal for kids to have their sounds a bit mixed up- using a 'th' instead of an 's' or an 'f' is quite normal. Can she make an 's' sound- like a snake?? I find Mali can make an s sound but often can't use it in words yet, like she'll say "yet' instead of "yes". But Mummy normally knows best.....

Pink, sorry the psychiatrist was a tool, but it sounds like that nurse is going to be lovely, and as long as they've helped you get your meds sorted, then you will do just fine with the nurse/psychologist/nurse combination. Hang in there, my sister is going through the same thing atm, very up and down, but overall moving forward slowly but surely.

Wilsmum  bbighug.gif good luck with the TTC, maybe this will be your month. It's a tough game, and gets tougher rather than easier the longer you are in it. The TTC#2 thread is very supportive with a few gals who've been at it over a year now.

Renee- how are you doing this week?

Hiya  waves.gif to everyone!!

#80 White-Lily

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

Leita yeah she can make ssss like a snake. Might just leave it for a little bit longer and see how it goes

#81 pink

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

just a quick one about speech.

Jack speaks very clearly but there are lots of letters or letter combinations he doesnt get right yet. He can say s on the end of a word like yes but cant get it at the start so he calls Sophie "Fophie"

L is another tricky one, Jack says "yike" instead of like

better run before I burn the lamb chops!

#82 July Baby

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

Just quickly on the lisp... Wil has one and whilst it's really cute I was concerned and asked the Health Nurse (an expert I know.... Just ask her!! rolleyes.gif ) and she said it's very normal and it will probably disappear over time.

#83 tinkster23

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:17 AM

had to post to say congrats to leita

can't remember anything else

maybe tomorrow!

#84 White-Lily

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for the replies ladies!

Dannii i really should take her back to the CHN and ask, was meant to have a check up when she turned 2 after the hospital appointments   ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.