February 08 Parents # 79

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#26 mygorgeousboy

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

Happy 3rd Birthday Coen ..............Hope you have a fun filled day with your mummy and baby sister xo

Amanda, we miss you  original.gif

Oh Rebecca i feel your pain. I am soooo sleep deprived its not funny. How do your older boys sleep? I am lucky that H is an 11 hr a night sleeper. P is nearly 6mths old and has never slept longer than 4 hrs straight. I did get a few night when he slept for 7 hrs but i had to re-settle a few times in there. I hope little Jai gives you a rest soon.

Sary, Wow Macy is growing up isn't she! Oh and H is exactly the same as Beau with the constant talking. He opened his eyes this morning and said :Hi Mummy can we do a painting" .........Ahhhh already, before coffee?  ohmy.gif DH and H are really close so as soon as DH arrives home they are hanging out together doing "boy" things so i do get a bit of a break.

Hi Ginny  waves.gif

Happy Monday people  biggrin.gif

#27 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Holly my other boys sleep from 7.30 to 6.30 every night, thank god!!

Dh is on holidays for another three weeks, I'm dreading him going back and having to do the dropoffs etc on my own. Mornings are going to be nuts, and I don't have a clue what I'll do when it rains.

#28 Tetinks

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Hello girls

Happy birthday Coen, and hope you are okay Amanda.

Rebecca do you walk the school run? Hope it's okay when DH goes back to work. i can barely manage my 2 and they both go to the same place!

And Rebecca and Holly i hope you both get some shut-eye soon. Holly were you still thinking about sleep school for P? Or did i imagine that?

Sary was the tooth fairy kind to Macy?  wink.gif I think we need a gap-toothed photo. LOL about little Beau's talking. And that's amazing about his swimming. He's better than me!

Ginny welcome back!

Megan how are you? How long now?

I had a shocker last week. the morning sickness is so bad, it was never like this in past pregnancies. i ended up being prescribed maxalon last thurs night and i feel much more myself on it. i am still anxious about the baby but have a scan tomorrow (will be 8+3) so hope there is still a heartbeat. i think i will relax a little if there is. Still haven't told the kids there will be another baby - i'm in no hurry LOL!

DD has been getting more difficult  sad.gif  She chucked the biggest tantrum tonight - ended with throwing herself face down on the floor, all because she didn't want to put her pajamas on  rolleyes.gif . Ugh. so far 3 is much worse than 2. i keep thinking of that poem 'when she is good she is very, very good, but when she is bad she is horrid'.

And in contrast DS is pure delight. he said his first 4 word sentence today ('i look at Tom' while looking in the mirror) and is generally a little cutie.

We've decided not to find out this baby's sex. i really want to know but we will wait. we've had a change of heart with boys names and are now thinking Liam or Lucas. WDYT?

night all!

#29 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

Claire no I drive to school. But will have to get everyone in and out at each place and I have three different places.

Hope the ms settles for you.

#30 Lizard breath

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

Hi Ladies,

Claire, good to hear that the maxalon is making you feel more normal.  Good luck for your scan tomorrow.

Big hugs to the sleep deprived girls, I've been there and just hope that it passes quickly for you.

Not much happening with us, just same old, same old and busy as usual with work and doing activities with the kids.  We've started back at both kindergym and swimming, so that is keeping us busy.

#31 Tetinks

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

Just quickly, had my scan and all is well! Phew!!!

#32 babybump2

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

Yipppeeee!!!  Great news Claire!  eexcite.gif

On the 3 front... don't know if you remember me talking about Macy at the age of 3.  She was definitely tougher at 3 than at 2.  Many many - "threenager" moments!   But they all have their moments don't they?  Must admit I have been dreading Beau turning 3 as he has been tough enough at 2 and wondering what 3 will bring for us????

I asked what you were all doing with your lovelies - and realised I hadn't told you what we are doing.  Beau is starting kinder next week!  It is only 2 hours twice a week but I think he really needs something.  And then I am going to enroll him at another kinder next year to do 3 year old again which is a feeder to Macy's school.

So we will be making him the oldest in the year rather than the youngest. In Melbourne they have strange cut off times and a real trend to hold kids back esp boys. So going with the flow.

It was our 8th Wedding Anniversary yesterday.  We had a lovely night out together planned.  Babysitter text to say she was sick... so we brought the kids along and even all went for a stroll along the beach after.  Had Macy in our bed till late as she was wired from school.  hmmmm wasn't the night I was hoping for - but still cute.

At the moment Macy has Wednesdays off - and it is so nice.  Monday Macy sobbed all through assembly and then ran to me after clinging on saying how much she is going to miss me. sad.gif I had to leave her crying. sad.gif Teacher said it is really normal as they start to realise this is all day everyday.  She was a happy little munchkin when I picked her up but I had been worrying all day about her.

*SIGH* We will get there...

Holly - you made me laugh with Hudson waking up asking to do a painting!  happy.gif  Amazing that H sleeps so well!  He used to be terrible like Beau I remember.  Beau is still a monkey and more often that not ends up on top of me in bed - kicking DH.

Well off to catch up with the kinder Mums this morning and then off to see my MG (well what is left!).

Have a happy Wednesday! x

#33 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

Sary talon cried on Monday too, apparently there were a few as they start to realise what's happening. I think they are also getting tired with the heat and long days.

We are also holding miller back so he will be the oldest also. Our school has a march cutoff also with a trend of holding back boys.

#34 mygorgeousboy

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

Yay Claire   biggrin.gif Awesome news!!!! Hope you feeling a bit better today.

Happy anniversary Sary. It is our 5th wedding anniversary on the 25th. I hope Macy has a wonderful day at home with her Mummy today.  original.gif Yes H was a terrible sleeper and the very first night we bought P home from hospital we both just had to say that he couldn't hop into to be with me because of my "very sore tummy" (cesarean ). He seemed to be okay with this and every night since has stayed in his own bed.  wink.gif

We have also had a break through with P sleeps...Woohoooo!!!! He is now sleeping from 7pm with one wake up about 3am then waking for the day at 7am. I feel human again. biggrin.gif He day time sleeps have also improved. Normally 3x 1.5hr sleeps. Oh sweet baby, I'm so proud of him.

#35 mygorgeousboy

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

I can't believe my little boy is 3.......I'm a bit sad today but so happy to see him totally excited about being a big 3 year old. Gosh these last 3 years have flown by. Don't know what i would ever do without him though.

Happy Birthday my sweet boy.  wink.gif

#36 babybump2

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

Oh Happy Birthday Hudson!  Hope he had a great day and you did too Holly!  Wow - 3 is a big milestone huh?  But don't worry you still have a Preston as your baby still.  wink.gif

Today is my last day of Beau being 2!!! I have told him that 3 year olds sleep in their bed all night! hmmmmm... let's see how that goes?!

Having a little party for him on Saturday.  Well little that has turned into 21 kids and 14 adults!  Eekkk in our little place - and the forecast is for rain.  Yikes!

Got pass the parcel sorted and going to try for musical statues.  Hopefully for the rest of the time it will just be playing and eating.

#37 mygorgeousboy

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:14 AM

Happy 3rd Birthday Beau! Sary, i hope you have loads of fun with your little man today. xo

We had such a great day yesterday. We went to Macca's for lunch and met some friends there with their littlies. H had a ball playing with them all. After lunch we went to Kmart so H could spend $20 he got from DH's grandparents. It was so sweet. He chose a dinosaur that ROAAARRSSS and matchbox car. Last night was just us and we had a lovely cake (that i made) and just chilled out playing with all of his new toys.  He was in bed and snoring by about 7:30pm!  wink.gif

#38 babybump2

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

Happy Sunday everyone!  I attempted a sleep in... but near on impossible with Beau!  rolleyes.gif

We all had a wonderful day to celebrate his birthday on Friday.  Unfortunately Macy was off to school and nose was a bit out of joint that she might be missing out on something.  Told her there was a special surprise in her lunch box to celebrate Beau's birthday while she was at school (freddo frog).  So that softened the blow.

His little party went great yesterday too.  But just quietly quite relieved it is all over for another year  wink.gif

Not much else to report.  Hope everyone has been having a wonderful weekend xxx

#39 mygorgeousboy

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hi Girls,

Not much to report here. We are having a quiet week (trying to avoid sickness before we go to Thailand)  wink.gif

Oh Yay we are going to Phuket in 2 weeks. WOOHOO!!!!!! Don't know if i have mentioned it before but we are going over there for a friends wedding and thought we would make a holiday out of it.  biggrin.gif
I am so looking forward to those massages. I have told DH that i am getting a massage every morning!
I am a little nervous about the flight though. We have requested a bassinet for P and H will have his own seat. DH rang to confirm the other day and they said we are sitting in the bulk head. Has anyone got any experience or tips of flying with kiddies???
What sorts of toys/games to take for H?
We are flying Jetstar (cheapest by far, but i'm sure we'll know about it after 9.5hr flight)   ohmy.gif

Anyway hope you are all going well.

Where's Megan and Amanda??????

And to the girls with family in friends in NZ, i hope they are all safe and well. Thinking of you all. smile1.gif

#40 babybump2

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

Oh wow Holly!  Fantastic!  You will have a ball!

2 weeks... that isn't long at all!

Things to do on plane... I think sticker books are always good.  New ones that they haven't done before - textas and lots of snacks!  You might even find H is entertained by the seat back tv... well there is always hope for that!  Those little magnet books are always fun too - where you can recreate different pics.

Good luck!  wink.gif I am sure it will be great!

I know isn't it awful about Christchurch... Mother Nature really seems to be in a mood lately!  I have a dear friend in North WA and they are on red alert for cyclones there.  She had part of her roof taken off this morning.

We have had such a couch day!  Macy begged to have a home day today (she still has Wednesdays off school) - so we did.  Didn't get out of my pj's till bout 3!  Was blissful - especially with a head cold!

Hope everyone is well... would love to hear some updates from everyone.

Megan - how was Melbourne?  How is the pregnancy travelling??

Yes and where are youuuuu Amanda???

#41 babybump2

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

Where is everyone?

Beau had his second morning of kinder yesterday.  He loves it!!

But yesterday he fell asleep at........ 3:35PM!!!!!!!!  oomg.gif  Couldn't get him to wake even for dinner.  He woke at 1am to go to the toilet and then went back to sleep till 6!!!!

oomg.gif

#42 mygorgeousboy

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Oh Sary that's so funny  laughing2.gif I cant believe he slept so long. Kinder must be exhausting.  wink.gif

Still not a lot happening here. Just got back from H's swimming lessons. He is so confident now and jumping in and turning around and swimming back to the side of the pool, all by himself. Proud Mama here happy.gif .

P is still sleeping through with a wake up about 4am for a quick feed. This morning i was up and about for 45mins while the boys slept. It was so weird not be woken up! Very refreshing.

It's our 5th wedding anniversary today. Who would of thought 5 years later, 4 houses, lived in 3 different areas of the state and two beautiful kiddies. And i also have a gorgeous huge bunch of flowers on my dining room table from DH that is making me smile every time i see them.  biggrin.gif  DH is unfortunately at work till 2am tonight so i am ordering Thai takeaway, coz its Friday and i can tongue.gif . Happy weekend girls!

#43 Tetinks

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

Hi girls, I'm still here!

Just come back from seeing Rabbit Hole. OMG - so good but soooosooooooo sad. I cried and cried and have just been smothering the kids in kisses. I am willing E to wake so I can pop her in bed with us.

Sary that's hilarious, I don't think E has slept that long ever!

Holly it's good to hear you are getting more sleep, what a difference a few weeks makes. Happy anniversary too, hope you enjoyed the Thai.

Have I told you guys about my best friend before? She lives O/S (we see each other about twice a year) and has been TTC for 4 years. She's now doing IVF and we've been in touch daily through this cycle. Hats off to anyone who has ever done it because it is so draining, and I'm not even the one going through it.

Anyway, her clinic only does blood tests if you get a BFP on a HPT first. She was told that a pregnancy would definitely show up by 16dpo, so she tested and it was negative. I spent an hour on the phone to her that night (morning her time) and it was just awful. She really deserves to be a mum. On top of that her family has suffered a lot of tragedy and this would be the first (and only hope for) a baby. The clinic told her to stop taking the progesterone this weekend. She said she kind of expected it as the embryos weren't great quality. I went to bed that night feeling miserable, especially as there's nothing I can do.

Then last night, 24 hours later, she calls back. As soon as i answered it I could tell she was on speaker phone and could hear her DH laughing away. She took another HPT and this time got a very faint positive  eexcite.gif eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif Best. Day. Ever!!! She is still very cautious, as it was quite late, but she is testing again tomorrow and hopefully it is a darker line. If tomorrow's test is positive then she starts the blood tests and monitoring at the clinic.

Please, please cross your fingers for her. She is just the best friend ever and will be the best mum. She has wanted this for so long.

AFM - nothing new here. 10 weeks tomorrow, counting down to the 12 week scan. The kids are great  original.gif

Time for bed. night all x

#44 babybump2

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

Ughhh... MOnday morning, I have got my period, a cold and a middle ear infection... insert 4 letter word here!
ph34r.gif

#45 mygorgeousboy

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

Morning girls,

Sary, i hope your feeling better today.  original.gif How's Beau going at kinder?

Claire, thats great news about your friend. I love hearing stories like that. Its awful that people who would clearly love their babies to bits cannot have children. I hope she has an uneventful pregnancy. Hows your ms going?

Not much happening here. Off the Thailand in 10 sleeps. Still have so much to do, clothes to wash/pack....
Has anyone breastfed their bub on a plane? I have heard this helps with their ears on take off and plan to feed P but he is easily distracted and I'm sure with all of the noise he is going to leave me hanging blush.gif
We do have a bassinet for him during the flight so i hope that makes it a tad easier.

Amanda, if you read this, I hope your going okay. Missing you around here xo

#46 Lizard breath

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

Hi Ladies,

Claire, that is just wonderful news for your friend.  I am keeping everything crossed for her that she has a sticky little miracle on board.

Sary, I can't believe that Beau slept that long.  He must have had a super big day at kindy.

Holly, great work on Hudson's swimming.  I've breastfed on the plane before.  We traveled to Sydney when Alex was 3.5months old, so from Adelaide it is about a 2.5hour flight, not really that long.  I didn't feed on take off or landing though, as I just couldn't seem to work it with how he had to be in the seatbelt.  I just fed when we were in midflight, and he didn't seem too bothered with the take off or landing, in fact I think he pretty much just fed and then was asleep for the rest of the flight.

Still not much happening with us, just plugging along.

Take care.

#47 babybump2

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

Oh who was that awful woman that posted such a whinge on Monday?!?  tongue.gif Ha... still got my icky ear infection but I am now on antibiotics and today is FRIDAY!  eexcite.gif CAN'T BE A GRUMBLE BUM ON A FRIDAY!

Going out tonight with our dear friends and neighbours to see Donovan Frankenrieter eexcite.gif  Trying not to feel sad that the one night I have been sooooo excited about I have an ear infection and some loud noises still hurt... moving on!  Got a lovely babysitter coming tonight to watch all 4 kids and it is going to be Macy and Beau's first time having friends sleep over.... so they are really excited too!

Liz - great to see you posting!

Claire - sorry didn't say earlier when I was a big grump - that is such wonderful news about your friend!  

Holly - yep I breastfed both my kids on planes.... did seem to help with take off and landing... And Hudson will probably be stoked with a cuppa chup or something like that for take off!  original.gif  Oooohhh you must be getting excited!

Megan - how's the pregnancy going?  Fill us in when you are due!  Are you still reading?

Amanda - are you still reading???

Anyone else about that wants to say hi???   waves.gif

Happy Friday lovely ladies - hope you all have a super weekend xxx

#48 mygorgeousboy

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

Happy Friday to you too Sary  biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif  

We just had a lovely morning at the park with friends. H had such a great time and didn't stop running around. Off to swimming lessons this afternoon! 7 more sleeps until Thailand..AHHHHHH so excited!  cool.gif  

Enjoy your weekend ladies xo

#49 Tetinks

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Anyone else about that wants to say hi???

Me! me! pick meeeee!!!!!

i'm at the end of two rubbish days girls. E's behaviour hit rock bottom yesterday (in public, of course) and when i said we were leaving she absolutely, totally lost it. i have never ever seen a tantrum like it. i could tell you the whole story, but i will cry, and you will think less of both of us. i really lost my cool with her and it was just an awful day. prob the worst in the last three years. then T developed a 40 degree fever, then a few hours later the gastro started. ugh. pleaaase be a better weekend.

Sary good to hear you are feeling better! hope you're out having a ball tonight.

Holly yes I have always BF'd the kids on the plane (lots of trips to NZ). i've never had a problem, but i also have never noticed them get upset with the pressure. having a bassinet is awesomesauce, you'll love it.

How are you going Liz? how are you boys?

Crap update on my friend - she miscarried on Monday  sad.gif  i am so gutted for her. someone give her a break, because this sucks.

Megan are you around still? Was your family in NZ okay after the quake?

Rebecca? you still here? How's Jai?

I spoke to Amanda briefly via facebook the other night. it sounds like she has been a bit sad - don't know anymore than that. she said she would be back to talk with us soon, hope you are okay Amanda - we miss you!

AFM - 11 weeks now, not long to go til the NT scan. i am petrified, but so hopeful. i really feel this is a wee boy, i can even see him. a little dark-haired chubby boy called Lucas. i think we might find out the gender this time, i just don't want to regret ruing my surprise at the birth, KWIM?

#50 RedsGirl

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

waves.gif H ladies - I'm still here!!

Everything fine with us - about to click over 32 weeks.  Only 5 weeks left at work - woohooo!!

We had a lovely trip to Vic, up until the Tuesday when I woke up with the most dreadful haed cold plus the weather in Lakes Entrance (which was menat to be our sunny beach part of the trip) was 20 degrees and raining.  So we packed up and headed for home - never have I been so grateful to see my own bed.  HIghlights - Puffing Billy, he bird show at the Healsville Sanctuary and a ride on a Melbourne Tram - Mimie was quite taken with the trams in the middle of the road. She was great - chatted INCESSANTLY in the car, only one bout of car sickness which I could see coming and my naughty husband just won't pull over in time (It was the windy bit between Cann River and Cooma).

So we've just farewelled that last of our visitors (we've been like a hotel since Christmas) and can now transform our guest room into Mimie's big girl room.  We have everything, just need to do some packing up, painting and moving in. She is very excited.

Claire- I am so sorry about your friend, it must be heartbreaking  sad.gif    And sorry to hear about Evie.  Mimie has her moments, overall not too bad, but  there have been a couple of times when I've found myself reacting in a less than desirable way; in a way I never thought I would. If I know I have been a bad Mummy I always apologise and have cuddles - she's old enough to know that Mummy is wrong sometimes too and I feel that way I am showing her approriate behaviour.  Oh Claire, I hope she comes out of it.  So much for the terrible two's huh?

We have no close family in Christchurch and that we do have is slightly out of town.  But, where we used to live when we lived there is right on top of that hill that is collapsing (Clifton/Sumner). Its such a beautiful place to live, I have such happy memories of living there.  From what I know though, Christchurch was never that prone to Earthquakes - Wellington and even Gisborne were much more prone to them - we used to have drills in school.  Its such a beautful city, and so sad what has happened.

Amanda - yes, please come back, I hope everything is OK

Better get back to work - lots to cram into 5 weeks!!

Edited by RedsGirl, 07 March 2011 - 08:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.