71 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=862384

#2 bec8112

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:00 AM

Gold!!

Now off to read the end of the last one.

#3 meeskamouska

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

Silver

Ros - the weather & events are very strange ATM aren't they. At our DC they have a 0-2yr nursery, then it goes pre kindy, pre prep. CR is still in the nursery for most of the day but is having day sleeps in the next room. At the end of the day though they r all together with lower numbers anyway.
I have fond memories of reef oil...it smelt like coconuts too...yummo. There is no smell of coconut unfortunately after the soap process.

New principal at school...swoon.....he's charming biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  LMAO!!!

#4 Fabulous

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

- ooh yeah hot principals are hard to come by. We had one as our deputy principal and going to work was so much more pleasant when he was around. He did have a nice personality though...

#5 themelster

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

Nat - is he married????  LOL.  

Ros - our kindy has (I think) a nursery for babie's up to 18 months, then toddlers from 18 months to 2.5 years (although Tom was in here from 15 months) and then the room he is progressing to now is 2.5 years to 4 years so I guess there is pre-prep after this????  Although I think the 2.5 - 4 and the pre-prep all play outside together in the one big playground.  So not surprising Tom is a bit freaked by it - there is a big difference (in size and mentality!) between a 2.5 year old and a 5 year old!
I'm not far from uni - I can walk there.  So that is great.  But the way the timetable worked out, I don't get any
"day's off" ie: a day at home, with Tom in kindy, to do what I want.  I'll miss that.  I've been kinda spoiled with it!

I went off to the doc's today.  Wanted to get my iron levels tested as I have been feeling really fatigued of late.  She checked my skin and eyes and seems to think that my levels will be fine.  Who knows, hopefully it's just been this hot weather.  Honestly, there are some mornings I just can't drag myself out of bed and could just lay around and do nothing all day.  And I've been getting dizzy spells when I stand up.  
She also looked at the palms of my hands and said "do you eat a lot of carrots?"  WTF!  Am I naturally yellow?! LOL.  I do like my carrots, but I wouldn't say I eat LOADS of them.....  heh.

Alrighty, better go drag my sorry ar*se off for a run before Mark heads off to work.  I haven't done anything since Thursday.....

#6 bec8112

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

Just another quick one before I head home after work.

Daycare rooms - We have Nursery from 6weeks to 15months, Toddler from 15months to 2.5years and then Pre-Kindy from 2.5yrs and then Kindy but not 100% sure when that starts.  Ethan has just gone into the Pre-Kindy room but his primary carer from the Toddler room moved to that room so not much has changed for him.

Mel - ha ha ha on the yellow skin! Sometimes I think Ethan looks yellow/orange skin but I think it is cause he has the European skin from Dave's side of the family.  Hope you feel better soon and have some more energy. I am running low on energy too ATM but I think I am doing too much and not relaxing at all  sad.gif

#7 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Evening lovely ladies

Sorry I have been not replying... I have been reading though

Nat - I have used the lavender soap and am now onto the choc mint soap - delicious!!!! We too have a new principal starting... Havent met him yet but by the looks of the photo in the paper he is quite young...

Bec - Sorry to hear things arnt going great with you and your hubby.. Hope you managed to sort it out.. Dh and I go through times like that too and you feel like you just need space.. Im sure it will all be fine

Hi Sharna - How are you feeling towards work?

Hi Mands, Mel, Ceres and anyone else i have forgotten since the last thread

AFM - Well not sure if I have popped in since Indy started Family Day Care. She LOVES it.. Asks everyday if she can go... She gets so upset and argumentative if I say no lol... So now I have thurs and fri to myself now.. I booked in for a massage last week and it was devine!! Going again next week too hehe... Nothing else to report hmm Kira is loving grade 1 so much more then prep. They are learning Italian and in 2 weeks she can count to 10, say red, green and orange in italian as well as greetings ie hello, good morning, good night etc im really proud of her.. She also had her first tennis lesson yesterday afternoon.. She did really good..

Anyway thats it for now... might go do some facebooking then head to bed

Night all

#8 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

Hi ladies...

Nice to see the chit chat back again. I really miss you guys when everyone is busy.

Nat - reef oil reminds me of the 80's.. lol. They have bottles of the stuff everywhere up in Cairns for the tourists. Are you nervous about your op? Are they doing it... erm, minimally invasively or will you need a longer recovery time? Your soap business sounds great... we found you on FB lol. Our webbie is 99% there.. we just had shopping cart issues and a few other teething problems... our FB page needs a bit more work and i have to finish loading the images into the shopping cart.

Bec - Dan and I haven't really been the same couple since we had kids so I dont really have any advice for you there. I would love to say things and people dont change but I think it just happens... I am saddened by this and like you am not sure what to do. I do timeout with Nadia... sometimes on a particular spot in front of the linen cupboard or in her bed. Just a few minutes... she is a terrible tantrumer also.

Mel - Nadia is in Kindy 1 (2-3 yrs old) at her new daycare and is going so well. I was initially hesitant about her moving up when she went from nursery to toddies but the transitioned her really slowly. Does Tom know the carers in the toddlers room? Good luck with getting the tute groups and prac sessions you want. Does QUT do clinical placement at the 'Slopes? Let me know when you are on placement there and we can do lunch! I am really excited for you.

Mands - a short break sounds lovely. Have a great time original.gif Dan and I really enjoyed Singapore... probably a snobby traveller thing to say but I was grateful that everything was in English and it was sooooooo clean! Chinatown is a blast.

Ros - work is ok. I actually enjoyed the 2 orientation days and am looking forward to getting my nursey/adult head back on. I am a bit nervous about getting back into clinical stuff but am looking forward to the challenge.

Amanda - Hi! Enjoy your kid free days.

Gotta go, a few things to do as I only have the one day off this week.

Sharna

#9 ~Annika~

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:06 AM

Just popping in for a quick read, off to bed now. Take care all! biggrin.gif

#10 Small Potatoes

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

Olly is now in toddler room which is from 15 months and thenn it goes junior kindy from about 3 and preschool from 4 where will is.

#11 meeskamouska

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

Morning tea time here..lol. Home DC with mummy..laugh.

Sharna - you survived your first day!! Yay. Very nervous about my op. They r doing it thru the vjj. As far as I know anyway. 3 days stay over. I'm got my pre op next wed & to see the gyno physio. I am excited too. It will b good to feel normal down there again. Big op though. Hysterectomy, top & both side wall repairs. Big breath!!!! Can't wait to see your bon bons.

Mum2togirls - so glad DC is going good for you. 2 days for you. Yay!!... don't b spending the whole time cleaning now...I know u!!!! Plenty of massage time...ok!! What school did Kira end up going to?? The local or did u end up putting her in the other one???

New Principal  - laugh ...he's married!! He was rather charming though.

Bella is changing schools. We have an app on Monday morning at the local private school. I feel good about it at this stage. Small school. Family orientated. She'll have to catch the bus though but I think she'll love it.

Relationships -Same here. My relationship with Paul is barely surviving children as you would know. We keep trying but geez not sure how much one person, me, is supposed to put up with. I ask the the question all the time... am i a stayer or a walker????? ATM I'm a stayer but regularly feel like walking I can tell u. It makes me feel sad that we r like that now. One can only hope on the otherside of toddlerdom there is a life. I think its more common than alot of people like to talk about.

DC tomoz...oh yeah..insert happy dance!!

#12 ~Annika~

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

Nat - My heart really does go out to you hey, and hope that your DH will get his act together and treat you the way he flaming well should! I too believe that major relationship issues when your kids a little is very common, more so than most would admit. It's so good though that you can come in here and freely get things off your chest! DH and I certainly have our moments, none quite so bad that I think about leaving though, in fact it just isn't an option for us. At times I wonder if he has any feelings at all with the things he says to me, it can really hurt!! I tell him straight how I feel about it, and if he keeps up the attitude I silently protest by withdrawing and barely talking to him, until he finally comes to me with a big long hug and apologises. He hates it when I withold my attention from him for a long time, and it makes him realise he can't get away with being nasty in our relationship. I am certainly not perfect either and never claim to be. Sometimes I wonder how he puts up with me!! On a different note, I love the fact that you are using coconut oil in your soaps! A while ago I did some research on the benifits of coconut oil, used regularly in your diet gets heaps of great results to health, and applied externally makes the skin really soft and smooth. I have a small tub of it in the bathroom and use it like a night moisturiser at times when I feel my skin is getting a bit dry, and in the morning my face feels like baby skin. Do you have a website for the soaps you are making and selling?

Better get on with the day, still in my nighty, I didn't have to leave the house this morning as DH took Tyler to the bus stop. Tyler LOVES the bus and going to pre-school, and Bryce LOVES having all the toys to himself while Tyler is away!  happy.gif  

#13 meeskamouska

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:31 AM

Morning Girls.

DC today!! I loooovvveeee DC days...laugh.

Annika - Coconut oil is really good for your hair too. One of the only oils that can actually penetrate the hair shaft. Try putting some into the ends & leaving it in for a bit or overnight. It doesn't have to b saturated. Just a bit.

Better head just wanted to do a quick read.

#14 Fabulous

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

DC day for me too well I mean Jack yay.  original.gif and kindy for Chelsea.

Life after kids: DH used to meet and talk to a lot of different people in his job and he had soo many guys tell him how they were sad because since they started having kids their wife has no time for them.

#15 Small Potatoes

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

On my way to Bris.

Dh and I seem to be lucky as our life before.kids isn't hugely different just busier and messier. We make sure boys are in bed round 7 each night and hang out together then and that is the sort of thing we used to do before kids. Dh doesn't like to.eat.out alot as he is eating.out at work and his fave is pizza which the boys come to.  I'm not fussed as lomg as I get a night or two off from cooking.
That said I am totally looking forward to spending time w Dh this weekend in singapore.

#16 themelster

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

Nat - big op coming up.  eek.  Are you nervous (that's probably a stupid question...).  Hysterectomy - is that by choice?  Sorry if I am prying. Which hospy are you getting it done at?  Toomoowba?  
Bella's new school - expensive?  Is she excited about going?

Mands - have a blast on your trip, won't you.  You lucky thing.  You'll miss the boys though ;-)

Ros - when I was pregnant, apparently a lot of the guys mark works with told him to "kiss your old wife goodbye".  Interesting to get a sneak peak into the minds of men.  As it was, it was true with us, with me going a bit loopy lala and all  wink.gif   Happy to report things are back to normal now though.

Annika - a day in PJ's (well, a morning at least!).  Heaven.

Bec - yes, my yellow skin is probably the wog in me.  LOL.  I hope so anyway!  My dad is italian so I'm blaming it on that!

Sharna - I need to go in and have a look at your bon bon's on FB.  I haven't had a chance. I don't know how you find the time.
I like the room split at Nadia's kindy better than ours.  2-3 years seems much better than 2.5 to 4 years.  

Not much happening here.  Off to the doc's tomorrow to get the results of my bloods.  Probably all good.  I need to find out if I have Hep B immunity too.  If not, I'll have to get jabbed for that.  I need it for nursing.  

Not too long now until work finishes!  woooooooo hooooooo!

#17 themelster

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

Oh, I meant to add, Relationships...  I am very lucky with ours I think.  DH is very special (well, to me anyway LOL).  I'm not sure other men would put up with me sometimes!  We have a really good relationship and I actually think it is better now than before Tom.  Sometimes.  Well, mostly.  ha!  We don't have... erm... rumpy pumpy as much as we should.  But I think we are pretty tight and work well together as a team.  We have definately had our moments though!  The first 18 months after Tom's birth were extremely difficult!

#18 themelster

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

waves.gif Hi Bec!

#19 bec8112

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hi Mel - I left the page open and left the computer  wacko.gif

Mands - have a great time away.

Oh bugger bugger bugger, kids just woke up! Cannot complain as they have been asleep for almost 3 hours!

#20 themelster

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say I got my very first "I love you, mummy" today.  Combined with a big hug.  Man, best feeling ever!!!  Makes it all worthwhile!   wub.gif

#21 meeskamouska

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

Thats very nice Mel. Charlee says 'wuv wuv' every night after we do eye nose & lip kisses. I've trained her though so it doesn't really count.  My op is at QE2. By choice, sort of I guess. I've been on the wait list for a bit. I've got heaps of girly damage after having 3 babes. Schools - Its a catholic school so no, not too expensive. Clearly more than the $25 school levy at the local school....laugh. My sister just her her bill for her 2 kids at the christian school near her in Syd & it was $15,000!!!! (insert dropped jaw sound). For Bella just $2000 for the year so low compare to her bill. R u still working? I thought u had wrapped up for some reason.
Sometimes I think I'm a little hard on Paul at times as I'm not particurly easy to live with. I'm slightly..hehehe.. moody... & a bit bossy. He is rather patient at times with me. He asked me to marry him the other day....again anyway, he asked about 5 yrs ago but has never come thru... I told him his offer for marraige had expired... so he asked again.... we'll see!! Apartantly he's all keen but not sure after so much has happened over the last few years I want to marry him anymore anyway.

Had a nice day today. Relaxing. Watched a few girly flicks & made some soap...& ate!! I love home days on my own. I always hit the IGA & get all sorts of treats just for me....choc, bikkies etc...laugh..I'll pay the price around my waistline.

Better head & do tea.

Bec- 3 hours....love it when they sleep like that.

Mands - enjoy your little Singapore fling!!

#22 themelster

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

It counts Nat  original.gif

Your day at home alone sounds like pure bliss.  Man, I'm going to miss those days terribly when I start study.  I've still got 2 weeks of work left.  I gave them 5 weeks notice.  Can't wait to finish.  I'm totally over it!  OVER it!   biggrin.gif
We'll probably send Tom to a public primary and a catholic secondary.  Although I would really like to send him to a private primarly as well.  $2k isn't too bad is it.  
Marriage proposal.......!!  You kept that under wraps!  LOL.  What are you going to do / say????  Leave him sweat?  DO you WANT to marry him?  If you are truly honest with yourself?  I am sure you have gone through that thought process.

#23 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

Quick one

My first LONG day went well enough. Running abit behind schedule this morning but managed to drop the kids off and still be through the door for work at 7am... i got up at 0510!!! Dan had dinner cooked when we got home which was lovely wub.gif

Our website is up and running.

www.aussiebonbons.com.au

Please go and tell me what you think. We would love feedback on the website, the layout, bonbons themselves, ease of use etc and price. I am abit nervous sharing it with you all but glad to get it out there. original.gif

Gotta go, another long day tomorrow.

Sorry no more time for personals. Will take some time this weekend.

Sharna

#24 bec8112

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

Sharna - I cannot find the site, can you link it???

#25 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

Aussie Bonbons

Hopefully this link works

Sharna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.