October 08 Parents # 71

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#26 bec8112

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:27 AM

Sharna - only managed a quick look but it seems like a great site, easy to use etc.  I could not find it in a google search though?

#27 meeskamouska

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:14 AM

Feedback - u want honest feedback right???
I loved the first page, first thought straight into my head....classy!!
The Bon Bons are AMAZING!! Look terrific, beautifully made & the favours look outstanding.
I think u should advertise across your site a bit with the free postage. I was like.... oh these are great bons bons, resonably priced but I bet the postage will b a killer. Might look.... la de da.....looking looking...tiny writing...free postage. U definitely would of snagged me way earlier if I had of seen the free postage thing somewhere else on the pages a bit bolder.
U look so skinny in that photo of u & Kristy!! When u get time try to get  pro photo taken. This has always been a thing for me to do. So I've always got one for sites etc.
The site flows really nice. I was so impressed. Way better than anything I ever come up with. Like I said earlier, your theme & target audience was evident straight away.
I didn't like how I clicked on the tab 'bonbondesigns' & it said to navigate from the drop down menu or buy it now menu. It was my very first click within the site & it put me off just a fraction. Even a picture there or a list of links to the pages ...???
Oh & your favourite links... this is just me.... you have a link for where u get your papers. I instantly thought, I am crafty, I could make them myself. I like the link for the clips, just not the paper link. Is the paper person a friend??
Overall Sharna, it looks terrific. U & Kristy should feel so proud of your efforts. I bet you'll do just great!! What a unique idea.

#28 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

Nat - thank you so much for the fantastic feedback. That is exactly what we needed! The main problem with the text/font is on the MAC it looks completely different. Kristi and I did all the webbie design on our mac's. Hopefully we have fixed that problem now.

Hi Bec! I found us a few times through google using different searches.

My Nana passed away last night and Lyn, Kristi and I are going home for a few days for her funeral. I am taking Aidan and leaving Nadia with Dan. I wasn't that close to my nana but am going to support my dad. I cant imagine life without my mum. sad.gif

Sorry for the downer.

Gotta go, its late here and I am knackered.

Sharna

#29 meeskamouska

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

Oh Sharna - No good. My thoughts are with your family. Is the funeral up north??? I used google to find your webbie no probs. The Google Bot trawler thingy would of picked u up by now.

Paul missed his flight back to Emerald after a meeting in the city yesterday so they put him up in a Hotel. I raced down for the night. Didn't get there till 9pm. We hung out in the queen St Mall, had dinner, gelato back to the Sebel for a romp & home by 7am. I'm knackered but had the best night. Felt like I had an illicit affair for the night...laugh.

Hot day here. Air con on. Hope you enjoy your Saturday girls.

#30 themelster

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

No good Sharna  sad.gif   It is so lovely of you to be there to support your dad.  It would be a difficult time for him, no doubt.
I had a quick look at your bon bon's site and it looks great.  I like how you've already done an iphone friendly version (I've only looked at it on my iphone).  I'll flick it around to my friends too.

Nat - sounds like that "dirty" night away may have been just what the doctor ordered for you and Paul, yes?  Sounds like loads of fun!  Where'd you go for dinner?  Anywhere nice?  

Not much happening here.  Swimming lessons this morning.  Mark is hung over from boys drinks last night.  Not much happening.

#31 meeskamouska

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:20 PM

How does Tom go at swimming Mel?? What do they get him to do in the pool?
Nothing fancy for tea. We got great Gelato though. From Gelatissimo...yummo. It was just what the Dr ordered you're right. U know Paul can b a right royal ass sometimes but after being a SAHM for 6yrs I've become a bitter negative depressed soul. Time to change that & get the old Nat back.
Got to have a peek thru the window at Lush.... god I love that shop. Was pleased it was closed otherwise I would of spent a bomb.

#32 themelster

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

I love Lush too, Nat.  I was there only a couple of days ago getting my niece a birthday present.  I got myself the "Angels on Bare Skin" cleanser.  I have used it a lot in the past.  I love it.
Swimming - it's only Tom's 3rd lesson.  We've just started.  I think it's mostly about them gettiing comfy in the water, having fun etc.  We sing some songs, bob about, hold them on their belly's in the water and get them to kick with their legs and paddle with their arms.  Monkey crawl along the side of the pool.  A few dunks where the instructor gets them to swim back to mummy/daddy etc.  It's a fun way to pass some time on the weekend.
Your night away sounds great.  It's really good to do that every now and again.  So important.  

Off to the pool myself now for some laps.  Don't really feel like it - but should do it.

#33 meeskamouska

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

Angels on bare skin is lovely. I've used it a bit in the past as well. Now though, I know whats in it I make my own. Its pretty much just ground almond meal, glycerine, kaolin clay & essential oils.
Do u just catch a train into the city to go somewhere like that Mel?? How convenient.
Charlee doesn't like the big pool much so haven't bothered with lessons. Sometimes I think I should but I didn't with Bella till she was a bit older. She a decent little swimmer now & does squad on Wednesdays. Me...laugh I can barely do over arm I'm such a weakie. U must feel brilliant Mel when u geet home from swimming.

Late tea here. Spagetti....

#34 themelster

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

It would be easy to make, hey. They must make a fortune on it!
It's not far on the bus into town from here. Maybe ten mins. I've got customers I call on in town though so I just drive in and put the parking on the company card. Not for much longer!
Swimming - it's not necessay at all. I'm not sure they actually learn anything at this age. It's more a reason to get outta the house. I do feel great after a swim. I did 1.25km tonight. Took half an hour. It's a real head clearer.
Sketti dinner!  Yummo!  We had chicken parmy. I'd never cooked it before. It was ok. Tom turned his nose up though  rolleyes.gif

Edited by themelster, 12 February 2011 - 08:02 PM.

#35 bec8112

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

Nat - your night with Paul sounds like it was great!!!

Sharna - I can find your site from google now :-) the other night it was not coming up as it was maybe too new????? Anyway it looks great. The photo of you and Kristi is great, you look amazing! Have you lost weight with the SureSlim??? I need some motivation!

Mands - hope your having a nice holiday.

Mel - swimming with Tom sounds like fun, I wish we could do it but do not have the $ to have 2 in swimming lessons at the moment. Hannah seems to love the water but Ethan not so much, he always seems so scared of things.

Oh well time for relaxing on the couch now so will write more tomorrow if I remember, ha ha ha.

#36 Small Potatoes

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

quick post from me.

Am having a great time in Singapore, eating and doing HEAPS of walking but mainly in the underground airconditioned arcades.  I got a head cold on the way up - sinus infection which is now moving to my chest.  I don't feel too bad, but have the sweats (even in a/c) and am getting head spins, plus the blocked nose and productive cough.

The loads coming home are really bad, but as there are only 3 pilots instead of 4 I can use their 2nd crew rest during the flight and if the cabin crew won't let me use their seats for take off and landing I can use an assist seat.

BBL probably tomorrow arvo when we are home and I have had a nap.

#37 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

Firstly Sharna - So sorry to hear of your nana's passing... Will be thinking of you all... I love your bonbon site.. they look really great... You will do fantastic with them.

Nat - Ohhhhhh on your night away.. Sounds great.. Did you feel a little naughty hehehe.... How is all the soap making going.. Im going to send you a PM in a moment re your soaps original.gif

Hi Mands, Bec, Mel and everyone else..

Hot day here today.. Just going to have a lazy one hehe.. Cant believe how fast the weekends go!

Anyway hope your all well

#38 meeskamouska

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

I just watched the movie Black Swan with Natalie Portman...FREAKY!!!!
Wooh, I'm not into those sort of movies. I didn't reallise it was a physc thriller come horror movie.
Hope I can sleep tonight. I'm such a baby with movies.

Hi Amanda.

#39 bec8112

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

Sharna - my thoughts are with your family.

Nat - did you enjoy the movie? I have heard such mixed reviews about it.

Amanda - I hear you on the weekends going so fast! I hate Mondays as it is my most hectic morning and it seems to come around so fast :-(

mands - hope you feel better soon.

Nothing much to report from here.

#40 Fabulous

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Dull weekend here which seems to be the norm for us, cleaning out the shed and other neverending chores.

The house is relativelty quiet at the moment, Chelsea is at kindy this morning. It's the last day of her settling in period and as of Thursday she will be going 2 full days each week. Jack is watching Roary the racing car for the millionth time.

Sharna- thinking of you.

Mands- I hope you are better soon.

#41 themelster

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Bl**dy hell.  I just typed up a big post, and I hit esc by accident and it just disappeared!  WTF!  sad.gif

Sharna - How did Cairns go?  Did your dad hold up ok?  Is he the strong, silent type?  
GC Tri in May????????  What are your thoughts?  I've got Raby Bay next weekend, then Bribie on the 20th March.  I'll need something after that.  Water will be a bit chilly in May though!

Ros - Gotta love Rory.  He had a large hand in Tom TT'ing due to some "racing car" undies  rolleyes.gif

Bec - How does Ethan go in your pool at home?  Does he use it much?  Tom loves the water, but isn't too keen on going under yet.  

Nat - I saw Black Swan too.  I enjoyed it, but I don't understand all the hype about Natalie Porman's role - Oscar Nomination etc.  I thought she was good - but not brilliant.  The Academy love all that stuff though.

Amanda - no weekends here for us soon.  DH is a shift worker and I'll be a full time student.  I remember living for the weekend.  Not so much anymore.  Instead, I live for Daycare days!  LOL  biggrin.gif

Not much happening here.  Getting ready for my next Tri in a weeks time.  Did a ride/run session this morning.  Man that hurts......

Counting down the days left of work... tick, tock, tick, tock....

#42 bec8112

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

Mel - don't you hate it when you loose a post, Grrrrrr!  We usually take the kids swimming 1 or 2 times a week, Ethan is not a huge fan of going under the water but he is getting better. We are teaching him how to close his mouth before he goes under.  Hannah is not liking the going under water either  tongue.gif   Yay on the countdown to finishing work!  What is your uni timetable like? If your not at uni on thurs/fri we could possibly catch up.

Ros- Ethan is too in love with Thomas and Bob to worry about Rory anymore  wacko.gif  I have 2 Rory toys here he was given that we have not opened.

Not much else to report at the moment, boring boring.

#43 Fabulous

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:09 AM

Good morning lovelies.  smile1.gif
Child free day here so I think I might go into the city. I haven't been in years even though it's only 15 minutes on the train. I don't think I will be able to get parking at the train station this time of day so I think I better walk. Have a good day.  original.gif

#44 bec8112

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:50 AM

Ros - how was the city?  I love going into Brisbane city but we never seem to do it.

Not much to report from here except my Mum is going to come and stay at our place on Mon nights ( as she minds the kids on Tuesday's ) so Dave and I can go to the movies/out somewhere after the kids are in bed  biggrin.gif

#45 Small Potatoes

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

Ros Did you enjoy your trip to the city?  Hope you had a nice sit down lunch or coffee and did some shopping.  I still have my cold but I am feeling better thank you.

Bec Both the boys love Thomas and Lightening McQueen.  Will thinks the baby should be called Baby James Percy Thomas Lapthorne

Mel How exciting work is almost over.  When do you start lectures?  Did you get most of the times you wanted?

Nat I didn't know it was like that either.  I thought it was some sort of ballet/opera type thing.

AFM I failed my short GD test so have to do the long one on Monday or Tuesday.  I got 8.9mmol and the cut of is 8mmol.  I failed with Will but got 3.6 on the second test with him, so assume this will happen again.  Maybe it explains why Junior is a week bigger than he should be original.gif.

#46 bec8112

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:58 AM

Mands - you snuck in and posted  tongue.gif I think that name sounds ok! ha ha ha  I like James and Thomas.  I hope that the 2nd GD test goes well and you are in the clear. One of the ladies I worked with had GD and her baby was small, it seemed like a pain in the bum her having it as she had to monitor so much and really watch what she ate.  Oh I keep forgetting to ask you - I have the nappy you made for Ethan sitting here to send back to you if you want it ( blue camo side snap ), I sold/gave away all of his nappies now. Let me know if you want it for bubs and I will send ( PM me your address ).

Kids awake so got to go.

#47 bec8112

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

Had newborn cuddles this morning with a friends 2 week old baby boy, he is so tiny and makes me think how huge Hannah is already  sad.gif She is already 8 months old  wacko.gif

#48 meeskamouska

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

Thought I'd better give our little group a bump it was just about off page 1....laugh.
Been busy here just doing family stuff.
Went to the Cooyar Annual Show on Sat. It was great!! Kids had a ball.
My op is Wednesday. We r heading to brissy on Tues. So I may not b in for a little bit past tomorrow.
I think I'm more worried about how the family/house will run with me not on board than how the op will go. Though am worried how I'll handle the pain but I believe they give u good drugs.

Hope all is well with everyone.
hugs.

#49 themelster

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Nat, good luck with the op.  where are you having it done again?  I  know you told me, but I can't remember.  

We got back yesterday from 4 days up the coast - it was lovely.  I'm not well though.  I've got some sort of tummy bug.  it started Wednesday afternoon with bad nausea, bloating and back pain.  It was awful.  Now I've got the runs (sorry for TMI).  The pain is gone, but things just aren't back to "normal" IYKWIM.  I'm in two minds as to whether to go to the doc or not.  Perhaps it's on the mend.  I just feel a bit "off".  

Last week of work here!  yay!  SO busy though  sad.gif

Chat soon.

#50 bec8112

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Mel - oh no I hope you feel better soon, where did you go up the coast? Have fun at work, last week how exciting  biggrin.gif

Nat - Good luck with the op, hope all goes really well and let me know if you need anything.

We had a quiet weekend but went to Ikea yesterday which was great, we had lunch there too which was fun. Hannah stole a few meatballs off my plate  tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.