October 08 Parents # 71

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#51 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:19 AM

Just a quick one.

Busy with the trip home for the funeral and working. We celebrated Dan's 30th on the weekend which was nice.

All going well here...

Love to you all.

Thinking of you Nat.

Sharna

#52 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

Morning girls

Nat - Good Luck for Wed.. Will be thinking of you! Will Paul be back to help you look after the kids?

Indy has gone to daycare today. Her daycare mum has a vacancy every 2nd monday and asked if I wanted it. I jumped at the chance lol. So she now goes 3 days one week and 2 days the next. I really needed it today after the weekend... Indy is def in the terrible twos!!

I took Indy to swimming lessons last wednesday and as we were leaving i slipped on the stairs and landed on my tail bone.. I was holding Indy at the time so I was trying to keep her from being hurt.. It is still killing me.. not sure if i should head to the docs or not as they cant really do much for it..

Anyway better get going. My neighbour is coming over for a coffee

#53 ~Annika~

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:36 AM

Mel - oh, how awful for you! Really hope you will feel better quickly!! Good on you for doing the tri in a weeks time!! Please pass some of your motivation my way!  wink.gif

Sharna - Happy 30th Birthday to Dan! Your website looks great by the way, very straight forward and easy to navigate. Well done!

Bec - yeah, it's so lovely hey to have new born cuddles! It really does hit me sometimes when I hold new borns just how small my babies were too, now I look at them and it amazes me how fast that time has gone!!!

Nat - Hope you don't mind me asking; what is your op for? Tubes clamped like I had last year? Tried reading back on all the posts to see if you actually said what it was for or not. How are you feeling now about your DP proposing to you again, do you think it might improve things between you?

Hi to everyone else!! Can't keep typing as I've gotta go to bed NOW! I am so bad at getting to bed before midnight, argh, I am SO NOT a morning person.  closedeyes.gif

#54 meeskamouska

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:56 AM

Mel - hope your feeling better soon. Maybe a trip to the doc. Its hard to decide isn't it. I always find once a bug gets in your gut it stays put for some time.
Sharna - I've been thinking of you often over hte last week. Glad you arrived safe home again. Happy biffy to Dan.
Amanda - I'm happy daycare seems to b going great guns for u.
Hi Bec, Mands & Ros...love the new name!! & anyone I missed.
Annika, thanx for asking.
My op is for Wed at the Qe2. I'm having a hysterectomy with a front & rear vjj repair for a mild prolapse. I've got alot of damage after 3 fast vaginal deliveries. I deliberated about it for such a long time weather to have the surgery or not as the prob is only mild & one that alot of women have & don't even realise. But when the surgery was offered I took it as they said I will probably have to have it in my 60's anyway. The healing will b alot easier now than in my 60's.
I actually went to see the gyno pysio last week & been doing the excerises she gave me & in fact I've felt a difference already but am still going to go ahead with it. I don't think I was doing the pelvic floor excerises correctly but am now!!. Anyway there it all is.

Mands - your house looks like its coming along nicely...how lovely for you. A brand spanker new house. Will it be brick/ Render/timber?

Better head. Busy morning here & Bella is sick to boot. Not sure what I'm going to do about that but I'll figure it out.

#55 Small Potatoes

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hi

Nat Good luck with your OP.  I have the opposite damage, where my muscles etc are stuffed from the two c/s.  I have a super weak abdominal wall amd can't even do a push up on my feet with out my abs and lower back giving in.

Annika Hi,  Glad you could pop in and say a quick hi!.

Amanda I am seriously considering putting O into daycare 3 days, but it is $69 a day so probably won't.

Sharna Glad work is keeping you busy.  And Happy 30th to Dan!!

Mel  Hope your guts ease up.

AFM I still have this rotten cold but don't feel bad.  Danny got really badly burnt on the weekend so his sleeping is sh*t which wakes me, plus this house is to freakin hot.  Sorry about the winge I am tired and grumpy at the moment.

I also failed my short GTT so have to do the long one tomorrow so am eating refined carbs which doesn't help my mood.

#56 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:22 AM

Hi all

Just quickly popping in to say goodluck to Nat for today.. Will be thinking of you xx

Going to the doctors this morning for my tailbone.. Might get some moles checked aswell..

Better go get ready

#57 Small Potatoes

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:06 AM

I am having a poor me (or rather poor baby day).  I got the results back from my long GTT and they are 8.7mmol/l which is positive for gestational diabetes.  I had to go to hospital last night with cramping and some fluid loss, which was amniotic fluid, but it all settled down while I was there so OB thinks I had a very small tear, which has healed itself.  I am now thinking of all the things I have done to poor baby. I had an x-ray done with Olly a week before ovulation, I had anti-biotics and teeth work done before I knew I was PG, I had some alcohol in Canada before I kneiw I was PG.  I had that staph infection and high dose ABs about a month ago and now the tear and GD and he isn't even born yet.

#58 bec8112

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

Mands - Big hugs!   bbighug.gif None of the things that are happening are your fault! I had a massive night on the booze before I found out I was preg with Ethan and he is fine! GD is just something that happens, I have had 2 friends who had it and there babies were not big and they are both were fine once the bubs were born.  Hopefully the next 10-11 weeks go fast and trouble free for you.  Do you have to have more monitoring now you have had a tear and have GD?

#59 Small Potatoes

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

Turns out that test result was wrong and my new ones aren't in yet.  

#60 bec8112

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

Mands- So you might not have GD???

#61 Small Potatoes

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:32 PM

No I don't have it.  I called back today and the results were normal.  So all that stress for nothing.

#62 bec8112

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

Mands - that is great news, a bit of a weight lifted now I bet!  

Mel - hope you enjoy your last day of work, are you having a lunch or anything to celebrate with work colleagues?

#63 bec8112

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

Q for those with girls - do they like to play with doll houses?  We are getting a gift from my Nana for Hannah and we decided on a doll house but now I am worried that it might not be a good choice as not all girls like that kind of thing.  The one my Nana liked is $800  ohmy.gif but she also suggested maybe a smaller more simple doll house and a kitchen.....what do you ladies think?

This is the link to the doll house  Doll house link it is called the Eliza ( the one my Nana likes ).

I am so not good with big decisions  wacko.gif

#64 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:30 AM

Mands - glad to hear the long glucose test results were normal. Try to relax now honey!

Bec - I would go the Kitchen rather than the dollhouse... much more longevity and probably will survive toddlerhood more easily than a beautiful dollhouse. Have you seen the kids kitchen that sarah (spersephone) 's husband made using a Better Homes and Gardens plan? It is awesome! Ethan will play with it also.

Nat - thinking of you sweets. Hope you are recovering well.

Mel - yay on getting your little car (saw it on FB). Enjoy your last days of work.

Amanda - Hope your tailbone doesnt give you too much grief. They can take a while to heal.

Hi Ros, Annika! waves.gif

Work is keeping me so busy. I should have more time this weekend. I am trying to read each day but not often managing that either.

Gotta go wake Nadia up, last day of work and 4 days off now... yay for fridays!

Sharna

#65 Fabulous

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:30 AM

Bec- wow that is a huge amount of money. With that kind of price tag it could perhaps become a family heirloom or something. Chelsea got the fisher price lovin family doll house http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&...ollhouselanding which I'm very impressed with and is very large. I think we paid 100 and something at the toy sale I can't remember the exact price but it was definitely well under $200. I think size is important if you want them to play with it as they get older. She had that first dollhouse thing (in the fisher price link) and enjoyed that until it got too small. Of couse some girls won't like dollhouses, Kate never did but she has always been into the 'boyish' things.

#66 bec8112

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:32 AM

Sharna - I hear you on work keeping you busy, and then it seems to make the days off busier aswell as you have to do a lot more in the days off.  I am lucky that my mum does a good amount of washing etc when she is here minding the kids  biggrin.gif We were going to buy a kitchen for the kids anyway as Ethan played for ages at the one they have set up in Ikea. I cannot remember seeing the one Sarah has for her girls but Dave does not have the time at the moment to make one, he is so busy at work and then on weekends we are always busy with house stuff and he does a lot of work to his 4x4 too  wacko.gif

Ros - I had in my mind that I wanted a wooden dolls house so that is why we did not look at the Fisher Prices ones.  I think we might get a smaller/cheaper/simpler doll house and then a kitchen too. Yeah I worry that Hannah might be more into boyish things with Ethan around so that is why I am hesitating now about the doll house.

This is a simpler one from that site which is around $300, maybe one like this would be better as it does not look as easily breakable  tongue.gif . My nana really likes this site as she saw them in a shop near her and she likes that they are Aussie made.

You are probably all sick of my dollhouse rambling now.

Nat - how did the op go? Hope you are feeling ok and the recovery is not too bad.

We are off to Noosa for the weekend so might not be around much.

#67 themelster

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:07 AM

Sorry guys - I really need to make an effort to come in here more and chat.  I've just been so busy with finishng work and trying to get everything ready for study.  LAST DAY TODAY!  I can't believe it.

I give  my work car back today, but we bought a little second hand Toyota Corolla.  Not very sexy - but apparently they are super reliable and cheap to run/service, which is what we need.  We pick it up today.

Nat - how are you?  I hope everything went smoothly.

Bec - Sorry, no advice on the doll house.  $800 sounds like a lot of money though.  I'd be too scared to let Tom play with it for that price!  I'd like to buy tom a kitchen, but they are expensive too and I'm not sure where we would put it!

Sharna - I think I remember reading on Facebook that you are definately aiming for the GC Tri?  If so, I'll definately do it with you!

Mands - how can they get the results wrong!?  rant.gif   All that stress for nothing.  I'm glad it is all ok in the end, but saddened that you had to go through that just because the results were incorrect.  I hope you are feeling better.

Hi to everyone else - not much time this morning.  I have a whole lotta things to get done before I hand the keys back!

xx
Mel.

#68 Fabulous

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

Bec- I would definitely want to see the dolls house IRL before I bought one. What furniture will go in it? I think the furniture is really the most important thing so you would have to make sure that you can buy some suitable stuff that fits in the house. The dolls house at Chelsea's kindy is immensely popular. It's basically just made of a short bookcase with doors on it with no extra trimmings or anything. Funny because Chelsea used to put her dolls furniture in the bottom of our bookcase and play there. We had a lot of dolls furniture before we bought the dollhouse.

Mel- Toyota carollas are supposed to be good cars. We have a ford and a kia ATM and have decided in future that we will stick with the holdens/ford/toyotas and not go with cheapie cars such as kias and hyundais.

Edited by Fabulous, 25 February 2011 - 08:47 AM.

#69 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

Hey girls, sorry for being MIA. I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted or was on EB. Have to keep it short as a friend is dropping her kids over for me to baby sit soon.

Sharna - I am sorry about your Nan. Your dad must have really appreciated you being there for him. the website looks great, although on the home page, i found it a little difficult to read the fine print down the bottom right, where it lists the type of bon bons you provide.

Mel - Yay to finishing work!

Nat - Are things with Paul still going okay after your hotel-room romp?

Mands - So glad to hear that your GD tests are okay, it must have been a huge relief to find out.

Bec - How are things with Dave going? Mahalia likes doll houses, although she doesn't have one of her own. She always heads straight to doll houses at friend's places though.

AFU - Dylan is doing okay in preschool. He has changes to another class though, one that is smaller and quieter than the original one. He answers his teacher, does his work, but is yet to talk to another kid. He enjoys going though. Mahalia is awesome when Dylan's at school. Tantrums and whining pretty much disappear. She is so much more enjoyable and fun. Still no news on DH's posting, all courses are full until april, and no courses after april have been promulgated yet, so waiting waiting. The house has been struck down with man-flu this week, except for me. The kids are pretty much over it, but DH has been moping about on the lounge like he has something much much worse. Wish I got to lie around doing nothing when I'm sick.

Anyway, gotta run. Hi to everyone I've missed. Hope you are all having a great weekend.

#70 meeskamouska

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hi Girls.
Just popping inbriefly to say hi!! HI!!!
My op was successful & they didn't need to do as much as they thought so that was good.
On the downer though I had a bad reaction to the anesithic spel??? & also to the PCA meds. Sharna would know what a PCA is... its a self administering pain control thingy. The morphine made me really sick as didi the next meds they put thru. Kept me bed ridden for a few extra days but nevermind as I'm on the mend now. Came out today.
In all I'd give it an overall rating of below average!!! In hindsight I'd never of had it done if I knew the hell that was ahead of me but in saying that everything feels really good down there so feeling chuffed about that. Don't be put off though if u ever have to have a hysterectomy as I was the only one on the ward having such horrid reactions. Most of the women were discharged the next day.
Anyway....better head. Time for a rest... lovin that part.... promise I won't milk it!!! hehehehehehehehe!!

Edited by meeskamouska, 26 February 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#71 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

I was thinking of you these last few days Nat... Glad to hear you are home.

Have you ever had a general anaesthetic before? or morphine? It is hard to know how someone will react if it is the first time. PCA is patient controlled analgesia. I think you will find each day you will feel better about the OP. I am not sure how it all 'feels' down there but just remember to take some medication to keep regular as the last thing you want to do is get constipated original.gif haha. Drink lots of water.

My only other bit of advice after I had my teeny tiny girly OP is to take it easy and rest. I did too much too soon and was terribly uncomfortable for a long while because of it. Lay down when you can as gravity just increases swelling, dont lift anything too heavy... milk it i say original.gif

Mel - I am talking up the GC Tri like it might be a goer but I am really not sure I will be ready. I started back at the gym, and restarted my running program today. I am going to try to fit in some swimming this week. I will keep you posted. When is your next one? Have you started lectures?

Hi Bec, Ros, Georgia, Amanda, Annika, Mands...

Not much more from me.

Dan is at the soccer with our BIL. Kids in bed, I might chillax with a vino. (another vino I should add honestly. haha)

Sharna

#72 meeskamouska

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

Had time to read back a bit now.
Mands - so glad everything went well in the end for your glucose test. What a pain u had to go thru all the extra stress etc to get a negative anyway.
Dylmah - it sounds like Dylan is doing really great.
Mel - yay on the little get about car. Nothing wrong with a corolla. Its a fine car. Will u get a part time job or something or just do the ft uni thing?
Sharna - anesthetics usually are fine for me. I had a major op on my jaw a few back with no probs. Thanx for the advice on rtaking easy etc. I'll have to do better in that dept. I try not to but its just easier to do some things yourself. Any orders for bonbons yet?? Didu end up finding your soap parcel? If not I'll do up some more for u if u like. I'll have plenty of free time up my sleeve with no being able to drive for what feeels like a lifetime.
Bec - Doll houses. We have 3 Doll houses..ridiculous I know. We have 2 of the same as Ros has. The fisher price ones & an older version of the same doll house. My girls absolutely LOVE doll houses. In fact they faught over the old one so much is the reason we got 2 new ones for them for xmas this year. The houses in your link look amazing but I too would be afraid of them wrecking it. I had to name everything when we got the 2 new houses with the girls names on each item...saves arguements.... well Charlee decided to get the black niko out & drew on her brand new doll house just like mummy did. I was horrified!!! Imagine if Hannah drew on it or something...oh my!!! Ethan will probably like it too. I don't believe there is anything wrong with boys playing house.... hell...even spiderman & batman lived in a house!!

That better do for the minnie. Sorry if I missed anyone. I'll get back up to speed soon. I can't fall asleep. Probably cause I did a big nanna nap this arv.

Oh & Sharna.... how does panadol every 4hrs, nurofen every 8 & coloxyl 2 tablets twice daily....lol. I'm on it. The last think I want to feel is a ping in my stitches...ouchy!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.