October 04 Parents # 218

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#51 Pam*B

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

Ah.

#52 GIO

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

Well we went down to FIL's tonight for dinner to give him a taste of what to expect.  Hehehe.

#53 littleman

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

lol i mowed again...amanda no i dont mow when pregnant thats chell..yes it s a fairly big area i guess, i like it time to think:) plus exercise:)

amanda - good luck getting the house ready:)

heres some pics of cakes i have done lately.

#54 littleman

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

#55 Pam*B

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

ohmygosh I don't know which one I like best! Love the bottom one that doll is gorgeous; love the 2nd last one for the polka dot ribbon (i'm a sucker for red and dots); love the 2nd one for the adorable nest of eggs, and that first cake is just so perfect.

#56 littleman

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

(((((hellllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo))))))))

#57 Pam*B

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:14 AM

waves.gif

#58 littleman

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

tthumbs.gif

#59 Pam*B

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

wwhistle.gif

#60 LouiseT

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

biggrin.gif  it's the Pam and Sharon Show!

Love the cakes Sharon, they are all gorgeous!  

Manda, I keep seeing more jobs to do in the next three months, the more I look the more there is to fix, sigh.  

Imogen has lymph nodes up on both sides of her neck, and her groin.  On one side of her neck she looks like she has a marble under the skin, it is clearly visible to the naked eye.  I freaked out, went to the GP, who ordered blood tests and an ultrasound - then I freaked out.  My poor baby was so brave, she never even cried when getting bloods taken, even though her veins collapsed and they had to gouge at her other arm.  She went sheet white though, poor little scrap.  My sister did the ultrasound, and said the lumps were not sinister, just enlarged nodes, which isn't uncommon in kids.  She is probably fighting a bug (end of term, run down etc).  The blood tests showed nothing sinister either.  Whew!  A stressful 24 hours there where I was sure they would tell me she had lymphoma or something.  

Apart from her lymph nodes, a boy atnschool has been targeting Imogen daily when they line up to go back into class after lunch ( he's in another class).  We've been talking to the teachers about it and talking to Imogen about making a big scene when this kid comes near her - stamping her feet, shouting "NO, I DON'T LIKE IT!  Leave me alone!" to attract attention and make her a harder target.  So far he's pushed her, kicked her, punched her and flicks her hat off from behind.  

And now for the good news; Imogen is doing well in school.  Her teachers  (she has two who job share) apologized to me because they had thought she was struggling for the first five weeks of term because she was quiet and flew under the radar.  Then they realized she was quiet because she was doing her work, and getting it right because she is a fluent reader and is actually top of the class!

#61 Pam*B

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:02 AM

Fantastic news about Imogen's results! Both school and health. I seem to have over active lymph nodes myself, used to freak me out. So have their been any repercussions for the bully?

#62 LouiseT

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

The little boy has been sent to the "Choices Room" last week - basicallynthat means he went to a classroom and missed out on playground at lunchtime.  He was supervised and would have been made to reflect on his poor choices.  If a child goes to the Choices Room three times, their parents have to meet with the Principal.  A note goes home from the Choices Room that the parents have to sign and return, so they know what has been going on.  I think because Immy has two teachers and different teachers patrol the lineup area it has been difficult to group the behavior together.  The teachers told me it is likely this kid will be put on a behavior management plan.

#63 Pam*B

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Sounds like a great policy, does it work? Our school doesn't do well handling it...being a public school, ultimately they only have so much power when it comes to serial trouble makers.

#64 lostmyid

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

Louise I'm sorry that I missed this. I'm so glad that Imogen is ok. What a stress for you. And as for that bully I want to throw him in the 'choices room' and throw away the key! Actually, that sounds like a good system. We had a similar thing at the high school I worked at. Not so effective with teens but it sounds as though it's done properly at your school.

#65 joshie

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hi all!

Wow Louise, glad everything has turned out well with poor Imogen!  I hope the bully settles down next term, makes the right choices!

I am on holidays! whoo hoo!  So far I have oiled all 3 decks, have the rest of the garden to attack and started packing for our holiday in 2.5 weeks!  I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love those cakes Shaz, that doll is adorable!

So Amanda, when do you leave??  I'm guessing you're heading up Nth for Easter - I'm told it's cold!

Better find something for dinner  unsure.gif

Edited by joshie, 15 April 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#66 LouiseT

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

Update on the bully situation:  the teachers suggested Imogen practice being loud and assertive if the boy came near her, so we practiced stamping our feet, putting our hands up in a "stop" gesture, and shouting "NO!  GO AWAY!". Etc.  I told her to growl like a dragon, and to teach her friends to do the same if he came near her again.  That day, he came up to her and she yelled at him - he ran off and told his teacher she was being mean!  LOL.

She was a confident, happy kid when I collected her.  He hasn't bothered her again since.

#67 Pam*B

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Wow that is fantastic! I will definitely keep that in mind in case I ever need it (for the kids, not for me rofl). Great for Siobhan too, can you imagine the sense of power she feels now? Must be a great feeling for her.

Edited by Pam*B, 18 April 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#68 Mum to Thalia and Dylan

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

That really is an excellent result for Imogen Lou - I'm impressed with the way you dealt with it and will definitely keep it in mind!

Hi everyone else - haven't been in to eb for AAAAGGGGES! Mostly catch up with you allon fb these days!

wub.gif

#69 LouiseT

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

Me too!  LOL

#70 Pam*B

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:23 PM

LOL...if you look at the date of the last post (which was mine)...it was 18th April. So NO ONE has been in for aaaages!!! laughing2.gif

#71 littleman

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

just popping in too:(

#72 littleman

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

reminising a little, bit sad we dont come in here so much anymore:(

#73 littleman

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

hello again:)

#74 peewee

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hello! Can you believe those little babies we all welcomed are now in grade 4! Where did the time go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.