March 09 Parent Group # 84

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#26 asignatureofthings

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

That really is disappointing Deb! hhugs.gif I would of came if I was close by wub.gif

#27 NoReflection

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

I know you would biggrin.gif If you were close by I would have invited you in a heartbeat!

#28 asignatureofthings

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

I would hope so Deb Tounge1.gif

Happy Birthday to Skye!
Hope she has had a fantastic day!!!

#29 NoReflection

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

Happy Birthday Skye!!

#30 trying4no2

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

Happy Birthday Sky for Wednesday.

I woke up this morning to a huge thud and then screaming. I start running into Levi's bedroom thinking he had somehow falleng out of his bed and then realised it was coming from the lounge room. Levi had woken up at 4:30 this morning and walked into the lounge room (it would have been so dark for him, not sure how he made it that far) and he walked into the couch. Poor little fella, would have scared the crap out of him.  So that was Levi and I up for the day. My alarm goes off at 5am anyway for work so it wasn't really that big a deal.

This weekend I have footy tonight!! GO BRONCOS!! Then tomorrow morning I have a 2 year old birthday and Sunday a 3 year old birthday. So that will be about it. Just some cleaning other than that. It should be a good weekend though.

So the reason I came in, I need to vent about something and I have no where else really to go. Sorry ladies.

I work at a big company and have been here for almost 6 years. My boss has just recently left and now have a new one. My old boss and I got on so well, he was more of a friend then a boss in the end. So now the new boss has started, we do get a long really well and at the moment he has been easy to work with and He is really trusts me which is great. But the problem is now the rest of the team (well majority of them) have an issue with him. So all I hear all day is negativity and they can never be positive about anything. A couple of them have been a bit negative before my old boss left so it has been going on for a while. So I thought after 6 years maybe it is time I look for something else. I know my old boss (who still works for the same company) might need a new PA in a few months and have thought I might apply for that if it does happen.

So then during the week a lady I work with told me about this great job that she knows about. Her friend is moving interstate and it is her position that has become available. She told this lady that I would be perfect for the job and I was told if I wanted to apply I needed to get my resume in within a few hours of hearing the news. So I raced around all morning writing my resume and cover letter (because i didn't have one) and applied. It is a higher role than what I am in now and it is with a different company.

Then after applying for it, I thought about it and asked myself what on earth was I thinking. I don't want to leave the company I was just wanting to work in a different department. I asked my old boss what he thought and would he be a reference and he said after a few questions and a bit of a pause to go for it. Now I think he might be upset at me for applying for it and I haven't heard from him. I am probably just being silly but I am not sure. Plus now I am just feeling so guilty. I don't know what to do. I may not even get an interview so am probably stressing over nothing. But I haven't stopped thinking about it and I would hate for my old boss to be upset at me because I am looking at leaving. sad.gif

Anyway, sorry to bore you with my crap at the moment. I probably really isn't that big a deal, I might not even get an interview so I don't know why I am so worried and feeling guilty about it.

I hope you ladies all have a lovely weekend.
Beck

#31 brizmum

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

Hey Beck - not sure what to tell you.  Good luck with it tho...the guilt will pass tho and if it career advancement, I would be going for it!  Your old boss probably just realises what he is losing out on.

afm:  I haven't annouced on fb yet as I am still trying to come to terms with it myself (god I sound like a b**ch)....baby is another boy.

#32 asignatureofthings

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

Beck, I hope everything works out for you. Good luck with the interveiw though! How did the party go today?

Congratulations on another little boy Veronica! wub.gif It's only normal to feel disappoinment, I know how much you wanted a little girl. Hope you're ok hhugs.gif

#33 Becca1605

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

I forgot to check back in after the slowness and it picked up!!

Happy birthday to all the 2 year olds!!

I've bought a baby born for Savannah but i think I will save it for Christmas.  I have some my little pony stuff for her and a baby carrier and heaps of other stuff.  No point getting her dolls clothes as she just undresses them anyway!

My signature is 12 months old now..... ohmy.gif

#34 Maggie1975

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

Veronica.... please dont be hard on yourself... 4 boys is a blessing!  Mother in law would tell you the exact same thing.  Girls are hard work!!!!!  Hubby is one of four boys and to look at videos of them as kids.. they were the best of friends... now as adults... its actually entertaining to sit back and watch them muck around.

Happy 2nd birthday to all i've missed.  Had a huge weekend which i wont go into detail on here but things are hard atm.

Xandys birthday tomorrow!

#35 NoReflection

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

Carmen, I hope all is ok, feel free to message me to vent!

Veronica: Congratulations, I know how you feel, I wanted a boy so badly, I will never get one.

#36 brizmum

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

hey girls

thanks for the congrats....I am coming to terms with it all now and moving forward...

Happy Birthday Xander for tomorrow....Carmen hope you are ok

#37 asignatureofthings

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

Happy 2nd Birthday to Ryder & Zaine!!!
Hope they both had a great day!

Hope all is ok Carmen sad.gif

#38 NoReflection

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

Happy Birthday Ryder and Zaine!

#39 asignatureofthings

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:57 AM

Happy 2nd Birthday Xander!
Hope he has a wonderful day!

#40 NoReflection

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Happy Birthday Xander!!

#41 Becca1605

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY TO XANDER  (for yesterday....i did to a FB one yesterday)

today is my last day of having a 1 year old....she is at childcare....loving childcare....walks in, turns around, bye bye Mummy, waving goodbye!

#42 asignatureofthings

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

Happy 2nd Birthday to...
Savannah, Chase & Ryan!

Hope they all have a fantastic day!

Aww that's just too cute Bec!

#43 asignatureofthings

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:47 AM

Happy 2nd Birthday to...Amelia!
Hope she has a wonderful day!

#44 NoReflection

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:23 AM

Belated Happy Birthday to Savannah Ryan and Chase!

Happy Birthday Amelia!

#45 brizmum

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

So I have come to have a bit of a chat....am hoping ppl will still pop in here as I have no where else to vent it out and honestly I am not quite sure what I should be doing about the situation I have now found myself in.
**J and I have been friends since I was 13 - so going on 17 years.  Things have been up and down for years and we have always had rough patches.  Things changed when I got married and had kids and began to start an "adult" life while he continued on his own way.  The last couple of weeks he has been acting quite odd and treating everyone around him like crap, eg. I got told to suck sh*t that I was having a boy.  Yesterday morning he sent me a txt saying his aunt had died.  My phone was on silent and I didn't check it until 2 hours later - by which time I had 3 other messages telling me I was childish and should grow up because I had kids and that he would of thought I would of been there for support yadda yadda yadda.  I gave him a bit of mouthful but expressed sympathy.  From there it went on to how bad his life was and I told him all he ever had to do was ask for help and he would of recieved it.  He then blurted out that he had a brain tumor....and everything he was going through far outweighed any problems that I had.  Granted my problems are not up there with a brain tumor but still he has not offered any support over the last few months at all.  I switched off everything as I was tired of dealing with the way he was speaking to me and tbh DH was really annoyed too.  Our problem now is that we are not sure whether to believe him or not regarding the brain tumor - I know that makes me sound terrible but I have my reasons (from the past) to doubt him.  I have asked him a heap of questions which he is giving generalised answers for but nothing specific....do I just give him the benefit of the doubt and support him despite his bad behaviour lately?

Sorry girls its probably really jumbled up but so is my head....

#46 NoReflection

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

Wow what a stressful situation!

My advice is to support him until it becomes apparent that he is lying, if he is lying then it might be time to cut contact.

Are you friends with his mum at all? Can you speak to her?

#47 Maggie1975

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

hugs... i agree with Deb.. you can only support someone for so long.  And I think its very unfair of him to be treating you like that no matter what anyones problems are.

Happy birthday to the 2yr olds i've missed.

#48 brizmum

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:52 AM

Deb - both is parents have passed and his family are far from supportive unless they get something out of it.  For a long time it was just me and him.  

Carmen - I think it was the way he was treating me that was getting me off side as well.

Belinda - if you pop in...keep it quiet.

He has spoken to me this morning and started to open up a little - I do believe him but if it ever comes out that he lied about this I would never forgive him.  I have told him to stop making excuses and to make a decision - he either wants my support or he doesnt.  I also told him to think about how he has been treating ppl and an apolergy goes a long way.  So far the information I have gotten out of him is that the tumor is located around his temple and his survival rate is 55%.  He is being tried on chemo for 4 weeks before radiation and then surgery as a last resort.  I am not sure how I feel about any of it....right now my concern is for Seth.  I do feel bad for doubting him but I have been caught out before by lies and am over it all....I don't feel how I would of thought I would feel but then I guess we are not as close as we once were.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE KIDLETS THAT I MISSED!!!

#49 NoReflection

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:06 AM

It seems you are doing what i would do in this situation, good luck, and while i don't wish illness on anyone, I hope he isn't lying.

#50 Becca1605

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:21 AM

Oh Veronica...you poor thing, what a lot to have to go through....it sounds like you are doing a great job trying to be supportive, but you nkow you have to put your family first.  I would definitely try and be there for him, but he needs to understand he can't use it as an excues for bad behavour.  And sure, his problems are serious and may "outweigith yours", but it's not a who has the worst problems competition - and honestly, what is happening with you is important to you, so you are entitled to feel how you do about it.  Everyone has some kind of issue, which in the scheme of things may not be as bad as some others - but to the individual it still counts.

Geez not sure I've made any sense.

and slightly off topic...
My grandma has been diagnosed with cancer, she was initially given 2 months to live, but at her last check up the doctor said maybe 6-12 months...so we are holding onto that hope..but basically she won't last the year...that's hard -whilst you kow your grandparents are going to die eventually, to be told within the year is heartbreaking!!

Carmen - I'm not sure what's going on with you but want to send you my support!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.