November 04 Parents # 698

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#26 dippinsniffer

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:03 AM

Edited by dippinsniffer, 05 April 2011 - 11:26 AM.

#27 *Caro*

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

Dip, I just waved off DH to drive to Sydney with Angus and thought all the same things about him getting lost! rolleyes.gif  I hope he (and the tomtom!) prove me wrong.

Right, getting girls ready to go to the museum.  Be back later. So much to say, so little time!

#28 Snagglepussed

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

Just wanted to come in here to say:

%%%&&!@#??@

That's all sad.gif
Sorry at library and session about to time out!

#29 dippinsniffer

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Kim? Hmmm?

#30 mamabetty

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

ah DIP - what is pot?  Love ya man!   laugh.gif

PIX - my GF who has 4 (all in school now) puts her foot down and does NO after school activities as she doesn't want to spend every arvo running around here there and everywhere and just spends time with them at home.  Seems to work for her, but a shame if they are missing trying sports or activities they may love.  We only do one sport each but I'm still out 3 arvos a week atm and 2 soccer games on Saturdays starting 19th March.  

Just got back from my friend's apartment she is staying at for her 40th at Noosa Sound.  3 level penthouse right on the water - noice!  Spent 3 hours chatting with some nice people and catching up with my friend whom I havent' seen for ages.  She lives in Brissie.

Kay, gotta go, DH needs me......................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PS I'm a bit tipsy shhhhhhhhhhh)

#31 dippinsniffer

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:56 AM

Hello original.gif

Caro, I know I've given you my number last year sometime but just in-case, I'll PM you it again original.gif .

#32 *Caro*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

Kim, did you work out somewhere to go? there was a great thread on here the other night about "what to wear to the ivy?"   rolleyes.gif  Is everything ok now? your post yesterday was a little cryptic!!

Well, DH and Angus are back from their road trip.  We need to get a gazillion kms on the lease car by the end of the month, so they went for a drive to Sydney to go to a BBQ, then drove to DH's parent's place to sleep, then drove home this morning. Leaving me to have an "easy" time with "only" 3 kids.  Yesterday was quite nice - took the girls (and baby of course  wink.gif ) to the museum, then a spot of boot shopping for Em, then home for sushi for dinner and watching Little Women together.  Was really nice and would have been lovely if the weekend had finished at 9pm last night.  But of course it all went to pot this morning with the girls being total b**ches to each other and me, Hugo pooing and vomiting all over everything and me wanting to run away and hide.  Luckily DH has come in and resolved some tension, because I was about to blow!!  rolleyes.gif

Nic
After my last 2 not wanting solids until they were toddlers, I haven't really made much effort to feed him and just sort of throw raw vegetables and chunks of bread and slices of fruit his way when I think of it. I believe this is officially called Baby-Led Solids but truth be told, in my case it's Motherly Laziness.
  This is pretty much what we do.  He is so not interested.  I have tried a few pureed things, but he either won't open his mouth at all, or just leaves his mouth open so the food falls out again!!  He was sitting on my lap this morning giving some hot cross bun a go, but it caused him to vomit everywhere. He seems to have a very strong gag reflex.  And although some of the mechanics of your nights with M sound similar to my nights with Hugo, your reaction to it is so different.  The all night snack bar approach drives me bonkers.  I'm a tummy sleeper, so sleeping half on my back with a boob out for his convenience is uncomfortable and makes me feel resentful after a while.  About 60% of the time, I can appreciate it for what it is - a lovely, comforting way for a small baby to sleep, for what is ultimately a very short period of his precious life.  And then the other 40% of the time I feel resentful that he can't sleep n his own, can't accept any other comforting from me or anyone else, and feeling despondent that it will last forever.  DH does a good job of trying to cheer me up by telling me that the next time we deal with a new baby this intimately will be when we have grandchildren - and then we will get to hand them back! Tounge1.gif

My life was busiest with newborn and toddler. Waking every 1-3hrs to feed ds at night so I felt a little tired in the day, more washing & folding (cause of baby burping/vomiting on clothes, nappy leaks or toddler dd having tt accidents), feeding ds every 1-2hrs/day for almost 2mths straight, doing house-work or cooking in the hour between feeds, feeding ds who wanted milk NOW (otherwise he would scream like his legs were being chopped off) while simultaneously taking dd to the toilet NOW while she was tt otherwise she'd soil her undies, 15 nappy changes/day as both were in nappies for the first 4-5mths after he was born ... definitely busier for me and I'm glad I don't have to do all that again.
  See maybe, just maybe, the whole school-kid workload wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't trying to fill out the Dinosaur Show payment slip and the Athletics Carnival permission form at the same time as feeding the baby and wipe up the TT accident!

SS, your little routine with SG sounds marvellous.  Can I send E to live with you - she would probably thrive in that sort of structure! Our house is too chaotic for her sometimes!  cool.gif

well, I have to go get the ragu in the slow cooker then I might try to sneak out for a walk.  Man I need some head space today!!

hope everyone is having a nice Sunday original.gif
xx

#33 Snagglepussed

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:48 AM

Oops! Sorry back later!

Edited by Girolama, 07 March 2011 - 11:44 AM.

#34 SportySpice

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

Caro - yep send her up! biggrin.gif

All Mummy's - I'm happy to have any of our group kiddies have a sleep over here with sgee - and if it's ok - I can organise a sitter and we can head out up the street for a vino! biggrin.gif   Just putting it out there as she's really enjoying having her friends around and play in the cubby - and her behaviour has improved 100% since the first "revoking" of sleep over privileges! wink.gif

sgee's best buddy from school is leaving at the end of term 1 to move to qld to live with her mum... sad.gif  sgee is going to be devasted.

and KH's mum is very ill now.  I'm just hoping that the timing of these two events (the very high and realistic possibility that nana will pass away within the next 4-6 weeks) will not be too close to each other.  sgee is pretty close with nana but not as close as she is with my mum - even though she sees nana every week.  they have stopped all chemo meds and she's just on pain killers now.  she had another pet scan a couple of weeks ago and the cancer is now in her skull (as well as spine and lungs).  Very sad and I'm sure it's very painful for her.

other than that our little household is moving along nice and happily and sgee is just loving her cubby and her new water garden for her tadpoles.  DH heading to Germany soon, so we may give March a good shot, but i'll just be going one day at a time

CATCH UP - Dip - w'end 16/17 April we can do - but it's the middle w'end of school hols... people around? I'll put this up on fb for us as well - I'll apologise in advance if I miss anyone on fb!

nippers finished on Sun and it has been great and sgee has done so so well and loved it - we'll be doing it again next season!

that's about it for me - hiya to everyone.... and love to all xx

#35 dippinsniffer

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

Kim, your last two posts have been unusual? What's up?

See maybe, just maybe, the whole school-kid workload wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't trying to fill out the Dinosaur Show payment slip and the Athletics Carnival permission form at the same time as feeding the baby and wipe up the TT accident!
yyes.gif .

SS, aw, what a shame to hear about SG's grand-mother, I hope her last weeks are comfortable and spent in minimal pain. Yeah, I'll bring the kids over one weekend ... in May or June laughing2.gif !

'Night!

Edited by dippinsniffer, 05 April 2011 - 11:28 AM.

#36 Snagglepussed

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

I'm cool and I came on a few times this morning and blurted my woes and then came and deleted them before anyone could read as I am just not ready to share but have spoken to a good mate (counsellor) and am in a much better place! I'll share one day!

#37 RockPaperScissors

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

kim, VERY cryptic!

(just read back on this and the previous thread, so figure i'll just dive in with a post, and not bother with a drawn-out 'oops' + apology + explain the boring intricasies of my life original.gif )

PIX, max still wears pull-ups to bed most nights - except those he pleads to try without sad.gif - and mostly, soaks the pull-up through, and sometimes the bed as well ohmy.gif i was feeling quite irritated by this ongoing non-night-TT when a book i was reading from max's OT (some bloody awful title like 'managing your out of sync child') explained that kids with sensory integration issues are usually late to night TT.  it was a bit light bulb moment for me.  of course i knew that a punishment wouldn't stop his bedwetting, but i was also finding myself getting very stressed and comparing max with much younger kids (in my head, not out loud!).  anyhoo, just putting it out there, in case this is something you might identify as an issue for peanut?

MAZ, your post about stopping TTC broke my heart a little bit.  i am so sorry it has ended like this.  also so sorry that your DH isn't being as understanding as he could be!  not an easy time for you, and absolutely horrible having this 'choice' taken away from you.  big loves from me xxx

JODES, when i read that it has been two years since your mum passed away, i felt stunned... two years, already?  i can't imagine that the gap left in your life ever since would be easily filled, and it's no wonder you still miss her terribly.

homework: max gets a reader each night, plus some extra reading, and sight words + letters/sounds.  no maths as yet, but we did get a mathletics password sent home recently.

aaron is now working a 2 + 2 roster, ie two weeks away, two weeks home.  he started a new position - for the same company, but at a different site - a month ago, so has recently returned to work after a 2 week break at home... we managed to do so much in that two weeks!  we camped one weekend (with extended family on my mum's side - 49 of us!) at a place we regularly visited when i was a child, and my mum and her siblings/parents frequented when they were kids.  river plus ocean, gorgeous.  we had a bocce tournament, the kids had a blast, we kayaked on the river, max boogie-boarded, petted a tame kangaroo on the beach - perfect!

on max's OT's suggestion, we recently bought a trampoline.  to fit the thing into our yard, aaron knocked down the side gate, built a fence further towards the front of the yard, then set up a 13 foot tramp before realising it was waaaay too big, then set up an 8 foot tramp, which fitted perfectly.  what a palavar!  at the swap meet the following weekend, i found a wooden garden bench - like new! - for $50, which is the perfect place to watch the kids jump.  bloody OT and her good ideas wink.gif

what else?  cleo is now in the big kids room at daycare - still one day per week - and LOVING it.  she is progressing very well with her language, and is tantrumming like a pro wink.gif still adores her dummy, still adores breast-feeding, which i've recently cut to a morning feed only (unless she pleads...!).  i have toyed with weaning, but would feel so mean - she truly loves her boobie!

this post is all over the place biggrin.gif

julie, you have had your nipple pierced?!!!  will have to read back over the previous threads now, damn you woman biggrin.gif

i am back on weight watchers, determined to lose this last 5kg.  i started over a month ago, but wasn't tracking properly, and therefore wasn't losing consistently, and sometimes gaining.  this last week, i tracked properly and lost 1.1kg - a good motivator!

work - i posted in the FB EB group about this... sigh...!

might end it there, as i want to shower now, and settle into bed with my book!  goodnight, sleep tight, mwah, mwah xxx

#38 Snagglepussed

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:00 AM

Is the FB page still going? I can't find a link to groups on my FB page! May go in and share! Sorry for the cryptics....

ETA - Found the group and posted my post from yesterday!

Edited by Girolama, 08 March 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#39 dippinsniffer

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

Kim, yes, the private invisible Nov 04 group is definitely still going in FB. I don't know how to invite though. I went and had a look but don't know how to do it.
Yeah, you've been dropping hints of 'something' going on in your personal life the past few weeks and I do hope the counselling helps x.

Tanya, I was very happy to see such a newsy post from you as I think of you often (along with others in this group who post so much less now compared to the past) and sometimes fondly reminisce on your old posts about your iced-coffee, sweet-treats at work, drop-off and pick-ups in the rain, renovations, rearranging furniture, trips to Rotto, swap-meets, abalone fishing .. it's nice thinking about it all original.gif .
No such thing as "boring intricacies" in anyone's life, your life the past few months has been far from boring what with work issues, camping, trampolining, OT stuff with Max and general life on your own every 2wks. I've wondered how Perthites have been managing with theis hot weather you'll have had the past 3mths!
... we managed to do so much in that two weeks! we camped one weekend (with extended family on my mum's side - 49 of us!) at a place we regularly visited when i was a child, and my mum and her siblings/parents frequented when they were kids. river plus ocean, gorgeous. we had a bocce tournament, the kids had a blast, we kayaked on the river, max boogie-boarded, petted a tame kangaroo on the beach - perfect!
Wonderful yyes.gif .
What are you reading? Good to hear you're taking time-out to relax as well original.gif .

#40 Snagglepussed

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

Tanya - I couldn't see your work post on FB!

#41 SportySpice

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Kim - Tanya did a post within the event I had created and the 04 Family group is still good to go into!

I'm very busy with work. yuk.  Tanya - thank you  original.gif xx

VENT

I have asked KHFHDH to contribute an extra $10 per week ($40) towards sgee "maintenance".

He said NO

He's a complete and utter ****wit and I hate him so much.

I've just asked for a contribution towards flute -
$30 per lesson
$120 per month
his contribution towards flute = $40 per month.  I hate him.

He has no friggin idea how much DH pays stuff for sgee and just the everyday "incidentals" we go through.  I hate him sooooooooooo much.

back to work now.

love to all

#42 Snagglepussed

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

Ah love you don't get the title of "KHFHDH" without jumping through some pretty firey KHFHDH hoops and he is proving to be an Olympian in that discipline! Grrrr....

#43 Malli

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:46 AM

Finally got the net at home. In our own place and it even may snow tomorrow in Jordan out of all places!!!

just in to say hi but will be back

#44 dippinsniffer

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

In your own place, wow original.gif ! The last time you guys lived just by yourselves without any extended family was .. what? like 3yrs ago? Looking forward to hearing more about life up there original.gif .

Relaxing morning and working this arvo original.gif .

Edited by dippinsniffer, 05 April 2011 - 11:19 AM.

#45 pixiefish

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

"it's so much fun being around extended family"

oh dip, you are so cute! I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that could say that line especially with wub.gif on the end of that sentence. I would say that sentence bu I would've chosen any number of other different picture options  wwhistle.gif oomg.gif dev (6).gif ph34r.gif  wink.gif

DH and pinky are asleep on the couch down stairs - I have finally moved on from my nesting and onto B.A.K.I.N.G - unfortunately I live in a family who don't really care for baked goods - and definitely not at the rate I am churning them out.

So can anyone help me out with 'useful' baking like museli bars for lunches etc.... any good websites or cook books for healthy baking? and not just banana cupcakes smothered in cream cheese icing  laugh.gif - remember I can't eat them either - such a shame I am going to waste in such a non-baked-goods-eating-bunch *sigh*

#46 Snagglepussed

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

Yay Malli! In your own place! That is great. Snowing in Jordan! Hmmmm, I can't quite get my head around that. wink.gif

Dip - your life sounds so exciting and entertaining! Hmmmm, I really need to extend my friendship/social circle!

Ventilators! Ugh! ICU and ventilators send me into PAs as it reminds me of Mum! But it would be a pretty fascinating area to work in! I think all ICU nurses are angels...seriously! The work they do and the hours they pull sometimes is amazing! Just another reason to love you Dip! original.gif

At work, Bec is back at school today after her wrist break! Have to take her down for another xray this afternoon and then tomorrow she has an assessment at the fracture clinic to see that it has been set ok!

Study has gone out the window this week but I did manage to do some stuff yesterday while Bec sat in front of the tele! Tech nanny and all that!

#47 pixiefish

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

ohemgee just realised I am 31 weeks!

Edited by pixiefish, 15 March 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#48 SportySpice

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

friggin migraine lurking.... my own fault, didn't "eat" yesterday... or drink really and had a shyt sleep.... been drinking lots today and had some toast for brekkie..... mellow.gif

pix - i'm not that keen on Asher, but I do like Frankie - names we had on a short list included Charlie for a girl ..... so I like the idea of Frankie..... I do know what you mean with the eeeeeeeeeee's.  When we put G with God family we often say:

Gabby, Addey, Xavy and....... Iggy!  we think its funny as Iggy sort of sticks out!  wink.gif  biggrin.gif

and 31 weeks.  I still remember your lovely call to tell me llove.gif

i had better get going - have a lunch on today for the bigfella and a couple of big do's on for next week!

bbl love to all xx

#49 SportySpice

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

migraine
blerrrghhhh and so much work on

sgee with stupid for the w'end and DH out for a dinner tonight - me - in the bath and bed by 7pm I think!

love to all xx

#50 Snagglepussed

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

SS - I hope you feel better soon! Eat woman!

Pix - I don't like Asher as it reminds me of the Anne Rice novels... I love Frankie though! Alessia's little friend is Frankie (she is Frances) but NO-ONE calls her that....not even her parents.....EVER!

Edited by Girolama, 11 March 2011 - 05:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.