October 09 Parents # 47

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 jemsoli

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

Brooke, I am feeling terrible. I don't know if it is normal second pregnancy woes, or if I am getting a raw deal this time. I am just so bloody tired. I went to bed at 9pm last night, asleep by 10:30pm but as well as waking four times to pee I am waking EVERY time I roll over, which is ten million times a night. I haven't slept properly in weeks and I am struggling with working and being on my feet for 4-8 hours but I have to keep working for another month at least so we can get through all the friggin June bills. I know I shouldn't complain, I am only working 10 hours 2 weeks, then 25 hours for the next 2 weeks, so it's not like I am even working full time.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Have to go get all emilys crap ready for MILs house, as I am starting 2 hours early today. And Emily being with MIL on Monday's is another reason I am hating working.

#27 Guest_mummy4eva_*

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

edit

Edited by mummy4eva, 28 November 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#28 helenn82

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

Congrats Brooke! I'm so happy you fell pregnant so quickly again!  January bub hey?!  

I haven't read through properly but had to come and post that Samara is finally walking!!! Yah!!   glare.gif  to the Dr who was harrassing me about her not walking 4 wks ago!  I knew she was coming along....just a little slower than the average bub original.gif  So yah!!

Oh and ahhhhhhh ........um............ BFP.gif Hmmm.....we decided it was better to not wait as it will be longer before I go back working.  I'm not actually due until sunday but I had feeling I was as I can't stomach sweets (I'm a sweets carbaholic!).  Tested this morning for hubby's bday and came up very clearly! Eek......very nervous as I'm not at my best weight sad.gif  I think I'm about 3kgs lighter than my fullterm weight with Samara sad.gif  Bugger!
Just had to come and post!

xx

Oh and not on FB please original.gif

#29 jemsoli

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Congrats Helen! What would that make your due date? Late Jan maybe? I was not at my best weight when I fell pregnant with this bubba either - about 8kgs heavier than my pre pregnancy weight, and I am already as heavy as I was full term with Emily. It's so bloody depressing. I do have motive after this bubba is born to actually attempt to lose weight cos I may have a ten year high school reunion next year, so I need to make sure I look hot!

Awesome you have decided to go back to school and get your teaching degree Chantal. Do you plan on teaching primary or high school? AWESOME news that Kydin is finally sleeping better, I bet it is a huge relief to you!

Nothing new from me, have been sleeping slightly better this week, still no where near enough but maybe I am so tired now I am actually sleeping when I am in bed? Trying to get stuff organized for this bubba, I am trying to purchase a bed at the moment. I have seen one I like and am going to do a comparison tomorrow at some other places and if there is nothing I will go back there. I also laybyed a doona and doona cover for her big girl bed today too.

Anyway, just got home from work, so I am going to have a shower and go to bed.

#30 helenn82

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

Due date is around Feb 5th though I think I had a short cycle this time so will be interesting to see how the date is adjusted. My friend's ob is very particular with weight and he gives his ladies a "diet" which is no carbs after 3pm 1/2hr exercise every day and eat a decent breakky and lunch. Thinking about doing it but don't know how I'd go with no carbs after 3pm....love my rice for dinners.

#31 jesseknx

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

Hi everyone!! I've got a bit of time on my hands now that my boyfriend is working away through the weeks, so i thought i might try joining a new message board to keep me busy at nites once the kids are tucked away in bed.

I'm Jess (26), i have a wonderful boyfriend Matt (24) and 2 amazing kids from previous relationships, Kailee (6) and Xavier (born 16th Oct '09). Matt and i are waiting to start TTC our own baby together as of next year, so we're both excited and the next 8 or so months can't go quick enough lol

I'm looking forward to meeting loads of new friends :-) I'm pretty down to earth, friendly and love chatting. I can't wait to get posting again :-)

xxx

#32 koiles

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Hi all,

It has been so long since I've had a chance to stop in and post here blush.gif.

Brooke & Helen ddance.gif  eexcite.gif YYYAAAYYYY!!! Congratulations ladies, so very happy for you biggrin.gif

AFM busy busy busy trying to juggle being a mummy with everything else going on. Enjoying it though! E is a total handful (what else is new wink.gif ) but he's such a little delight. He's running around everywhere, climbing on everything and talking my ear off. He attempts to parrot everything I say and is constantly telling me to 'get down now mummy'...he hears that one way too often! He's trying to change N's nappies for me...he thinks he's helping but usually he just goes and runs and gets the powder, takes N's pants and nappy off then just leaves him there...for me to find later when I walk back into the room! He absolutely loves his little brother now which is really lovely to see how he's now warmed to him, and N omg friggen adores E, I think I'll be in trouble when he starts copying his big brother.

N is going really well, we stopped BFing and switched to formula about a month ago now as my supply dropped off and he had turned from a happy smiley boy, to completely miserable during the day, and had gone from 1 night feed to about 4. Since he's been on the formula he's been so settled and is just the happiest little thing, always smiling and he's sleeping through the night now too since we started the formula. I ummed and ahhed for weeks about whether to make the change and I'm so so glad I did now. He is putting on weight very slowly but steadily. He was sick with a cold and didn't drink much at all for about 3 days and lost 200g but he's now put that back on again. He weighed in at 6.1kg at 5 months 1 week, so he's just hanging onto that bottom %ile by a thread, but that's no biggie he was born in the lower percentile anyway. Hopefully he'll start to make some bigger gains now that he's over his illness and getting fed properly! We haven't started solids yet, he doesn't seem quite ready, but I do try him from time to time when feeding E and he's just shut his mouth and turned away so far, but no rush there I'm happy to wait as long as he wants.

Am off to Perth next week for my sister's wedding, I CAN'T WAIT!!! It's just the break I really need at the moment, I'm so looking forward to it. Mum & Dad aren't going to believe the change in E. Last time they saw him was a few weeks after N was born, so about 5m ago, but he's now walking and talking so well they'll be blown away.

Much love xxx

#33 **Foxy82**

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

Hi Girls  waves.gif

I haven't been in here for sooooo long and I wasn't sure if anyone still posted but I do keep up with you all on FB!! I've had a quick read thru and glad to see our bubs are now mischievous toddlers! I know H is he runs me ragged sometimes.Loves to climb and torment his big sister but they truly love each other and I love watching the bond they have   wub.gif and he has finally started talking and spends the day jibbering away!

Congratulations on all the  BFP.gif  Great news!  cclap.gif  Glad to see everyone's pregnancy's are flying by! I keep up with you all on FB!

AFM-Some of you may have noticed my FB status' have been a bit sad this week  sad.gif I had another m/c,I was 6 weeks pregnant,completely unplanned so it has all been a very big shock to us.With all the problems I've had in the past we had decided our 2 little miracles were more than enough so no more babies.
I spent the week in hospital with complications.I had a really hard time in hospital.I'd just had my 4th m/c,I suffer from PND caused thru the m/c's and they put me in a room with a pregnant lady that did nothing but complain about being pregnant,how much she hated it and the baby wasn't planned and bragged how her other kids are drunks and do nothing but play the Xbox  cry1.gif
I just wanted to go home and I missed my kids so badly.In the end I discharged myself as I just couldn't cope with being there anymore and after all the work I had put in with dealing with my PND I just felt as if I was going backwards very fast.So I'm glad to be home and just taking it one day at a time and so far I'm doing ok. Plus we have now gotten the paperwork for DH to get the snip  grin.gif

Great to know this thread is still going,I'll pop back in more often now  tthumbs.gif
hheart.gif Jo

Edited by **Foxy82**, 05 June 2011 - 09:57 AM.

#34 jemsoli

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Jo I saw your FB the other day and wondered if it was something like that. Really hope you are ok and you are able to get back on top of the PND quickly. I can't believe that woman, seriously what a b**ch.

#35 satiress

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:33 AM

Hi lovely ladies,

Long time, much lurking, no speak wink.gif

Kat: We're both on the home stretch now!! It's very exciting and daunting at the same time to think there will be 3, yes 3 kids in my house soon, I'm not sure how I will stretch myself to cater to all of them, but I'm just going to go with the flow. I've got the nursery mostly done, furniture is all there just it's very bare, no decorations as such... must do that.

Kylie: Your boys are just so gorgeous, Evan is a character and I'm so happy Nash is such a good little baby for you, you certainly deserve it after the ride you had with Evan. Glad the transition to formula has helped too.

Jess: you poor thing, this pregnancy does sound very tiring for you. I must say I'm more tired this time around, but I don't think it's the bub, I think it's my elder two! Not long left of work for you now and third trimester, yay!!

Jo: super big hugs to you hon, so sorry for your loss. Glad you got yourself out of hospital before damage was done, that lady sounded like a right cow! Take it easy on yourself x

Brooke: congratulations on your pregnancy!!! woot woot!! so exciting for you!!

Welcome Jesse, sorry we aren't the most chatty bunch but looking forward to getting to know you! I'm Lisa, live in Sydney with hubby and my 2 girls, I have a boy on the way and a step son.. all much loved, all way too spoilt! lol

AFM: Plodding along, getting fatter by the day. I hadn't put on any weight at all for 2 months and was starting to wonder if it meant something was wrong, then whammo, in the last 2 weeks I've put on 2 kilos. Guess bubs was saving up a growth spurt because I am certainly bigger! I feel like a mountain. He's very active in there but there's no room... not comfy! I've been fighting a range of sickness from a chest infection and laryngitis to now a sinus infection for 3 weeks now, it's horrible, I can't take anything but panadol and after finishing a script of amoxcil with little change my ob put me on a different more targeted ab to fix it, it seems to be working so that's good. I just want to feel healthy again so I can get through the end of the pregnancy. *whinge whinge*
My FIL is with us at the moment, both DH and I always say 'never again' when he leaves, yet here is he is, with us for a week of pure hell. It's like having another child in the house. He distracts the girls to point of annoyance, favours Audrey over Bella, gets drunk every night, talks through TV shows, annoys Craig, repeats himself, burps constantly, makes a mess, never offers to help, and washes his undies in my bathroom sink using my hand wash!! kill me now lol

Best be off to start the say, Bella kindy day today, so off to look at baby stuff with Auds xx

#36 jesseknx

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I get on when i can but atm both kids are sick so i'm weighed down with germs lol Hope everyone's family are keeping well with the cooler weather coming :-)

xx

#37 koiles

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

Lisa roll2.gif omg your FIL sounds like a right character! Did you find out if you were having a boy or a girl? My brain is terrible.

Jesse hope the kids feel better soon! Where abouts are you from?

Jo bbighug.gif huge hugs lovely, I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through that again - and the hospital room just tops things off, very unfair. Yay for the snip though hehe.

AFM I should go start the bath and bed routine but DH is working late and I just can't bring myself to do it on my own, it's a new form of torture I think. Once I get started I'll be alright, just don't want to make that move!

#38 satiress

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

lol Kylie, I hate doing bath and bedtime by myself too!! I tend to do it earlier to get it out of the way, poor girls end up asleep half an hour earlier!
I'm having a boy! Yay, Craig calls him our other bookend as DSS, then 2 girls, then a boy... my husband isn't funny wink.gif

Jesse: hope everyone feels better in your house.

Craig has taken FIL with him to indoor cricket tonight, thank hell for that. He came back from his sightseeing around the city at 4pm, ran to the bathroom and covered himself in cologne, clearly thinking this would fool me into thinking he wasn't already drunk.... he then downed 2 beers in half hour. Bella told him he smelt.. I love her so much lol

1 more sleep and he's gone!! woot!!

xx

#39 helenn82

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage Jo.

welcome to our not so chatty group Jess. If you had of come in a year ago it would have been a different story:)

FIL gone now Lisa? Lol

AFM: loving the early pg symptoms of starving and needing to pee all the time! Haven't made any appointments until 8wks this time.  Can't honestly remember if I should be going any earlier?? I'll be getting bloods done then. I have already put my name down for the birth centre.

Dinner time and I've lost my cooking mojo sad.gif

#40 jemsoli

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hi girls! It's been pretty quiet on here so I thought I would be the first to post in almost 2 months!

Everything is... Going here. Not good, but not too bad I guess. This pregnancy has dragged on and on and on, so glad I only have 5-6 weeks left. Had my scan to check the placenta last Friday, and it has moved enough for me to have a natural birth, so I am very happy about that. They also told me that bubba is already 2.57kg and I know those sizing scans are always wrong but I am crapping myself.

Emily is always either frustrating me, or cracking me up with how funny and cute she is. Im sure she knows when I am buggered and plays up worse just to make me feel sh*t about myself cos I am such a bad mum on these days.

There are so many days that I feel like I am not coping with Emily and I don't know how I am going to cope having a PITA toddler as well as a newborn.

I am not really prepared either. Babys room is not ready, her cot is still in emilys room (Emily is now sleeping in her big girl bed) there are clothes all over the floor, still need to paint emilys room, hospital bag not packed, the list goes on.... I have made a list of a handful of things I want to get done this week so I can try and start getting a bit organised. We have everything we need it's just not pretty and organised.

#41 jemsoli

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

Don't even know if anyone even reads here anymore...

I am now 40+1 and SO SO over being pregnant. I am booked in for an induction on 12th September if baby girl hasn't arrived by then. I am really hoping she does cos I want to avoid an induction this time.

Been having lots of pre-labour type signs, but has been going on for weeks now. It honestly feels like I am never going to be free! I have terrible SPD pain now too, it has worked it's way from manageable pain, to absolutely agonising sad.gif

Other than that, everything is ready. I have had so much time spent waiting around that I am cleaning weird things with my "nesting" like scrubbing the bin hahaha, cos there is nothing else left to clean!

#42 honeyfly

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

Congrats Jess on your new little girl !!!

Wow this group has dissolved sad.gif  I suppose it's Facebook instead though!!

I am 22 weeks and having another little girl! original.gif

#43 jemsoli

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Not sure if anyone is even going to read but wanted to update on my baby girls arrival. I have written her birth story on my blog, but here is a short version anyway...

So on Monday 5/09 at 10:30pm I thought I was in labour. Went to hospital, all looking good - 2cms cervix soft, waters bulging but still not engaged. Things ended up fizzling out by 5am. Had to wait around for my OB to check me at 10:30am anad when he did cervix was closed and 2cm long.

At this stage I was so over being in pain from the SPD, and just wanted to meet my baby girl. I asked to be induced and they out some gels in. By the end of the day they had done nothing and I begged them to give me a second lot, or do ANYTHING but they refused cos apparently I would be too tired to give birth if it worked (I later found out it was because they had no beds they refused to induce me) so arranged to come back on Thursday 8/09. Came home and spent 3 hours crying cos I was so devastated at leaving the hospital still pregnant.

on Wednesday we went for a family trip to the beach and Aaron watched Emily while in the play area while I went for a 1.5 hour walk along the esplanade.

Got to the hospital at 5:30am Thursday and I was 4cm already! The midwife was not confident in breaking my waters cos bubba was still not engaged and was risk of the cord coming out, so had to wait until OB came in at 10:30am to get them broken.

As soon as my water was broken I started getting contractions. Walked through them for awhile, then tried the shower. They were getting pretty bad in the shower and I sent Aaron to get the midwife to check me for an epidural and I was 6cm and she said that as I had progressed so quickly it would probably only be another 1-1.5 hours. So I get back in the shower and they wheel the gas into me.

So I was sitting on the chair in the shower, one directed on my back (cos bubba was posterior so had some pretty owwie back pains) the handheld shower sprayer in my left hand directed at my lower abdomen, my right arm clinging to the safety rail on the shower wall and the gas in my mouth. I was in there for about 1.5 hours before getting out to start pushing.

Push for 20-30 mins and Sophie was born! I wasnt even in labour for 4 hours! And I did it with no drugs (gas doesn't count) and no tearing or stitches needed. So I am so proud of myself, and so happy that it went so well. Emilys induction wasn't bad, but it was definately an experience I didn't want to repeat (18 hours and epidural) She was born at 3.79kg, 36.2cm head circa and 51.5cm long. Honestly though, I don't think she would have ever come out on her own, so would have needed to be induced anyway.

Things have been up and down back at home. Some days are good, some are bad. But I guess that's pretty normal. Sophie isn't the greatest sleeper but is a good feeder and my nipples are heaps better than with Emily. Aaron has been pretty awesome at dealing with me crying, yelling and letting me get naps in, or getting up with emily so i can sleep a bit longer, even though he has been preoccupied with fixing the hole in the backyard where the pool was. He has had to build a retaining wall and level the backyard so has taken quite a bit of time.

And it is emilys 2nd birthday tomorrow! I can't believe she is 2 already! We were a bit stingy on e presents for her - she is getting a little tykes cozy coupe, a bath toy and the ELC rocket ship I got from the huggies promo. We will probably go to the park near the beach tomorrow afternoon, and will be nice to have a day of Aaron not ditching me to do backyard work.

#44 helenn82

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

Brooke congrats on having another lil' girl. We didn't find out what #3 is...though have another scan on monday do tempted to ask.

Great birth story Jess and well done on your quick natural birth original.gif I still check in to see if anyone had posted original.gif Happy bday Emily! Last 2 yrs have flown!

We are well. I don't know what we're doing for Samara's 2nd bday....maybe just cake at park.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.