73 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:31 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=850079

#2 NatandImmi20

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

GOLD!

So quiet in here, hope everyone is well. Jess - so pleased everything is going well and Harry and Zoe enjoying their new little brother!

Looking forward to hearing all about our 'almost' 2 year olds and what they have been up to!

Me - Heading back to work in a couple weeks  ohmy.gif  Went and saw them a few weeks ago about going back after Easter end April but a position has come up now for 2 days per week so i've decided to take it. Bit earlier than i'd expected but i'm looking forward to it. It's actually with another company (the guys i work for own a few companies) and it's a maternity leave replacement so only temporary but hopefully by the time it's finished there will be a spot back at my old work for me. Frantically been organised care for the girls but i think i've got it sorted now  original.gif  Scary and excited all at the same time. Sad too that my full time mummy time is coming to an end.

Went clothes shopping this morning as i've lost so much weight since having Mia and my clothes were hanging on me like a sack lol. Anyway bought 2 pairs shorts and 1 pair 3/4 cargos . . . all size 10! Wow i knew i'd lost weight but size 10??? Haven't been that size in about 6 years i reckon.  biggrin.gif

Must go, Mia needing a feed. Hope everyone is well

Nat  rolleyes.gif

#3 rachelle2

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

SILVER for me!!

A huge congratulations to Jess and Renee!!  Look forward to hearing birth stories when you guys manage to catch your breath.  Hope you are both enjoying those lovely newborn cuddles <3

natandimmi:- I can understand your mixed feelings about going back to work - but hopefully two days a week will be a nice balance for you and your family.  Wow on all the weight loss!!  I hope I can see that after this baby is born!!

AFM:- All going well, had 12 week scan and our risk factors are all low which is wonderful.  Starting to feel better now after horrible nausea and vomiting this pregnancy (even ended up in hospital), still pretty exhausted though.  Hope everyone is doing well, seems that life is pretty damn busy with toddlers!!!

#4 bron23

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

Yes Renee had a little girl called Indigo but Ill wait and see if she pops in to dish the rest (if she doesnt Ill come and do it wink.gif )

We have finallllllllly got power on. Its so hot and stuffy and Ive had to throw everything out from the fridge and freezer. So much damage around us sad.gif

Jess so glad everything is going well and that the kids adore their little brother wub.gifwub.gif

Rachelle woohoo to getting the all clear at the scan. Must feel great to tell everyone!

Nat Im incredibly jealous. I would love to have lost weight after having babies. It just doesnt want to shove sad.gif

Had a bit of a bargain morning this morning. Went to grab some cheap singlets and shorts for Bali and I ended up with 2 tops, a pair of bathers, a pair of shorts and a dress for my upcoming girls night out for a total of $35  ohmy.gif The dress alone was $65 marked down to....wait for it...... $2.12  biggrin.gif So now I have a pretty new dress and no guilt for spending money wink.gif

Hannah has allergy testing tomorrow morning. Im a bit nervous. Im hoping they will say she has grown out of her allergies but it's a long shot. Kids dont tend to grow out of nut allergies.

Oh well better get back to cleaning the fridge out. yuck. wish us luck for tomorrow and hope eveyone is out of this miserable heat

#5 debs79

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

Congratulations Jess and Renee on the arrival of your little ones

Bron Goodluck tomorrow. Hope you get some good news with Hannah. Well done on the shopping spree.

Rachelle Glad your scan went well and you can start telling people your good news.

Nat goodluck with going back to work. I think 2 days would be the ideal days at starting back.

Lou Hope your little one stays out of the ED for a while. Cant believe that in a couple of weeks your little man will be the first of the 2 year olds. That is great news about Anders. Hope his next op goes well.

Been busy here and at work. Have had to do extra shifts at work on a saturday. Lizzie is going well, just finished a course of antibiotics for her cough again, though at least this time we now that it is asthma related and can give her ventalin as soon as it appears.
Mum had a car accident last monday. Rolled the car twice. Thankfully she is fine, just a few cuts and bruises and a bit sore. Dad sent me the pics of the car and I dont know how she didnt get seriously damaged, the car is a rightoff.

Hope everyone else is well.

Deb
xxx

#6 be-e

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

Hi ladies,

Congrats on the new babies!

Well my happy news from a few weeks  ago isnt news any more, had bleeding at around 6 weeks. I was pretty upset about it, but am dealing with it ok now. I was spending too much time thinking and planning the pregnancy. Now Im just trying to enjoy things as they are and Im taking time off EB and letting things happen without giving too much of my thoughts and time.

Linc is alot of fun, Im loving watching him turning into a little boy, he's talking so much and is a little parrot. He still doesnt sleep through the night, but we have a solution for our family - bought a king size bed.

Bec

#7 rachelle2

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:11 AM

Bec:- I am so sorry to hear of your update  sad.gif , sending a  bbighug.gif your way and hoping that it won't be long before you get your sticky BFP.  As for the non-sleeping child we also have one of those at the moment!!  2 yo molars are not fun!  The king sized bed sounds like a great idea!

debs:- Life sounds very busy for you at the moment!!  Sorry to hear about Lizzie still not being 100% and your mum - so lucky that she is ok!

bron:- How did the allergy testing go?  Hope all went well.  When are you guys off to Bali - sounds awesome!!  Wish I was heading off to Bali and enjoying massages ++ and yummy cocktails by the pool!!

AFM:- Nothing really to say.  X is finishing up with the last of his 2 yo molars coming through.  Some nights he is sleeping really well others (like last night) are terrible!!  He is in a bit of a mood this morning so might be in for an interesting day today.  Though we are heading off the kindergym so that should keep him busy for a little while.  Hope everyone is doing well xo.

#8 NatandImmi20

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

So sorry to hear that Bec. Take care and rest up   bbighug.gif

Rachelle - got another non-sleeping teething toddler here. Immi hasn't got any of her 2yo molars yet but the way she's been this week i can only hope that maybe they are all coming together (don't think i could do this 4 times if they come through separately!)

Bron - how exciting about Bali and bargain with the shopping!  Yes i have definately been lucky with the weight loss this time. Have always struggled to lose weight so i'm really surprised how quick it's come off. I'm wondering why but i guess combining breast feeding with chasing 2 kids around must be the solution lol

Hope everyone else is well!

Nat

#9 debs79

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

bbighug.gif Bec please look after yourself.

Nat Hope Immy's unsettledness is caused by teeth, and that they come through rather quick for you.

Rachelle Hoping you get decent nights sleep for a while now that his teeth are through. Did is mood improve after kindergym today?

Bec goodluck with the bed and hope you all get a goodnights sleep.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Deb
xxx

#10 me-mum

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

Bec - I'm so sorry to hear your news. Sending you  bbighug.gif

Rachelle - Fantastic that all went well with your 12w scan, I hope that you are having a great time telling everyone about your impending arrival.

Debs - Your poor mum! She is a lucky woman that she wasn't seriously injured.

Bron - What bargains, why can't I ever get a good deal like that when I go shopping? Have a fantastic time in Bali, my parents are there at the moment and I'm green with envy!.

Nat - Good luck for the return to work, I found 2 days a week a really goo balance.

Us - Surviving here! Tom is now 10 days old and I'm slowly getting the hang of juggling 3 but I'm sure that there is plenty of trying times ahead.

Birth story - I'll make it brief! I ended up being induced again as Harry was such a whopper and scan at 36w indicated that bub was on the larger size and being diabetic again meant that we didn't want to leave him in too long. Went into hospital wednesday morning for ARM and Syntocin. OB started us off at 9.30. By 11.30 I'd had enough and asked for the epidural. Unfortunately the anaethetist took their time and I waited 1.5hrs all up and was in complete agony. By the time the epi was in, they checked me and I was 8-9cm. Waited a little longer and started pushing at 2.30. At 3.01 Tom was born, no tearing or stitches required. All up, a much quicker recovery than last time which I am thankful for.

Does anyone else have an early morning waker? Harry is up at 5am most mornings and its killing me. He tosses and turns all night and their is no way of getting him back to sleep once he wakes. At this stage, he is still happy to do day sleeps which I am thankful for.

Hope that everyone is having a fantastic weekend, off to go and look at more houses, suddenly ours doesn't seem big enough

#11 *~Bluebird~*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:07 PM

Hi,

Just popping in to say hi. Plan to get in here a bit more as I have been so slack lately.

Declan is going very well now, hardly gets sick anymore which is great. His words are just coming out in bucket loads. So cute, he gets so excited and lets out this happy scream when he gets all round up with excitement.  laugh.gif The girls are good, both at school now. So nice in the days now with just Declan home. I actually have some time to myself.  Some days he has a 2 hour sleep but most days only half a hour now when I am doing school run but sleeps all though the night. He's in a big bed now. Gave my cot away the other day.  unsure.gif Not sure if I did the right thing now as my af is 3 days late.  ohmy.gif I am just praying I ovulated later. Just stressing out a tad though. She should be here tomorrow hopefully.  I bded just after af finished so I don't know how its possible as I don't o until around cd 15 so I am 99% sure af will turn up. ( Would be very grateful if nobody mentioned it on FB please).

Ahhh Declan is having a tantrum so got to go. Will get back tomorrow hopefully.

Bluebird.  original.gif

Edited by *~Bluebird~*, 07 March 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#12 j-lo

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hi Ladies,

Firstly, Congrats to all those that have lovely new babies join their families lately, sorry I haven't been in to give more personal messages.

Bec - so sorry to hear your news, I know how it feels having been there myself not too long ago, twice.

Unfortunately I don't have good news, my FIL died over the weekend after battling cancer for the last 12 months.  Although it wasn't unexpected it was much quicker than we thought it would be.  In some ways we should be grateful for that as he was suffering and in pain.  But it would have been nice to have a bit warning and time to say our goodbyes.  

So rather than getting ready for #2, we've been back and forth to the hospital in recent weeks and now looking after DH and his family.  We haven't even talked names yet and it's now only eight weeks away roughly and I've had two little episodes of contractions (not just braxton hicks which I've been having heaps of sice about 20 weeks).  Anyway, I'm trying not to worry too much about it all and just hope this baby stays in there for as long as possible.  I'm sure after all this it will go over my due date as Jem did.

I'll come back in a little while and update with some more positive news and take some time to do some personals.  In the meantime, I hope everyone is well and you're all starting to think about the 2nd birthdays coming up.

Jo

#13 bron23

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

Jo I am very sorry to hear about your FIL. We were lucky enough that my MIL held on for a couple of hours so most people could say goodbye. Its hard when you are happy that they didnt suffer and there is no more pain, but at the same time you are sad for everything that they are going to miss out on and the time that our kids are not going to have with them. Im so sad that Imogen especially will only remember her grandma from photos. Hannah still regularly speaks about how much she misses cuddling grandma and making cakes and presents for mummy. Its just heart breaking.  Its hard supporting your hubby at a time like this. We had walls punched and me and kids being yelled at. its not an easy time.If you ever want to talk to anyone who its still fresh for feel free to PM me.

Bec Im so sorry to hear your news. Please take care of yourself and I can't wait until you are sharing the happy news of you BFP.gif with us all

Sorry for lack of persies. Gotta get the girls school things organised. Its my first time as parent helper in the classroom tomorrow wink.gif Hope everyone is doing well and these kids of ours decide to sleep sometime soon.

#14 rachelle2

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

Jo so sorry to hear about your FIL  bbighug.gif such a sad and overwhelming time.  Hope that you are also getting a chance to nurture yourself a little, it really is important to take care of you also.  I had one episode of those contractions around 28 weeks while pregnant with Xavier and it was VERY scary - perhaps your body telling you to take care of yourself a little.  Hang in there and hope that you get a chance to put your feet up and look forward to your new little ray of sunshine arriving.

#15 *~Bluebird~*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:21 AM

AF turned up.  ddance.gif So relived, I know I am finished our family and personally being 38 now I don't want to have any-more babies because of the risks. Just so relieved.  yyes.gif ddance.gif

#16 debs79

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Jo So sorry to hear about your FIL. Please remember to also look after yourself during this time. bbighug.gif

Quick update from us. TTC is on hold this month as I am getting my wisdom teeth out 1st April. Just told DF it means he gets more practice in. tongue.gif .
2 year molars are also on the move. 1 top one has popped through (didnt even notice) the other is just breaking the surface. She wont let me look a see what is happening at the bottom.

Is anyone doing anything special for the 2 year olds or just a quiet family occasion?

Deb
xxx

#17 happymonkey

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

Bec - so sorry to hear your news!! I hope we will hear good news from you very soon. meanwhile, take care of yourself.

Jo - terrible news regarding your FIL. hope your hubby and you all are ok and coping well.

Miss P is growing up so fast and chatting all the time. It's like they have discovered their voice and won't be quiet. I think she has a cold so pretty grumpy and has running nose. Tantrum at the drop of a hat but otherwise, very sweet and care to her brother. My fella is 6 weeks old now. We had problems with him the last 2 weeks being unsettled, gassy, screaming and wanted to be held / rock to sleep. Anyway, he developed some spots on his face which the nurse said its fine, just baby milk spot. I thought differently because P had the same ting. ANywaym, I went to GP and asked for Neocate (a special formula, non dairy or soy). Anyway GP said I have to feed him soy formula first before they can give me the script for Neocate. well, he had hives around his eyes the next day from soy (I have already cut out dairy, eggs...). So I was right (having been there with Philippa and noone agreed with me when she was young, until she was 6 months old!).

well, I'm very glad to say that I have my happy baby back.

They grow up so quickly, don't they. pretty scary and before you know it, they are teenagers! haha.

hope you are all well. What are you guys doing for their 2nd birthday??

#18 lou-t

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hi All,

Amanda - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a lovely day and your boys looked after you nicely..

Bec - I hope you're doing ok.. Fingers crossed for a quick BFP for you soon.

Jo - That's awful about your FIL. How's your DH coping now? I hope you are all doing ok. What a terrible way to spend the last part of your pregnancy. Please take it easy..

Becky - Us mum's know best!! I'm glad your little man is feeling a bit better. I hope Miss P's cold clears quickly for you too, so that you can have 2 happy munchkins..

Debs - Oooh, wisdom teeeth!!! Be prepared to feel pretty yuck for a week. I had mine done a year or so ago. It was the best decision I ever made. No more sore teeth for me.

Tracy - Glad to hear you got your AF. That'd be a bit scary! I hope you're enjoying your school hours at home with Declan.

2 year olds!!  Callum has his big day tomorrow. He's got no idea what's going on, but his big brother is excited. Unfortunately we're not having a party. The boys have swimming in the morning, and then my DH has a soccer trial game in the arvo, so we're just having some close friends over. I'm going to try make an Iggle Piggle cake!!! Wish me luck, because my cake making skills are severly limited. We've got him a scooter (so he can ride with his brother and their friends), and a couple of other bits and pieces (trucks and other things with wheels..)

We just had three days holiday in the Hunter Valley. It was just lovely and the boys were brilliant (which made a nice change!). I'm all stocked up on wine - now I just need a reason to drink it!

#19 bron23

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

Happy 2nd birthday Callum!!! for yesterday wink.gif

Edited by bron23, 13 March 2011 - 10:53 PM.

#20 MySpunkBubbles

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hi All

We're back from Fiji. Here's a quick summary:

M got air-sick on the flight over.... blew MAJOR chunks, several times.... eew. Barfed all over DH in the arrival hall, wating to clear immigration in Nadi. Nice. Barfed again all over the chairs... and the waiter at dinner. Spewed all through the bed DH and I were sharing with him. Welcome to the holiday. He was OK on the next day.

Both A and M spewed on the third day. A had just had a red drink - and they both chundered simultaneously at the precise moment when DH had gone up to the bar to get some drinks for us. So there I was, running between the 2 of them, comforting them, cleaning up vomit (with every towell, bath mat, face washer, hand towell in the room) and trying to get the red chunks out of the pandanus mat on the floor. Are we having fun yet???? Decided it was the water - so only gave them boiled water after that.... good decision.

Accommodation and just about everything for the next few days was great. One of the places even had 29 cocktails on the menu. Now we're talking....!

A had a nice birthday (5th March) - we gave him some wooden percussion instruments <thumbs up>. That took care of our customs/quarantine declaration coming back to Oz, too. He was partied out by about 6pm - so he fell asleep on the chairs in the restaurant at dinner. He's now my big 3 year old!

Hired a car, which was great. Loving the flexibility of being able to go where/when we want.

My birthday was great. Gorgeous sunrise, had a swim, DH booked me a Fijian massage (1 hour!) and he looked after the boys. More cocktails afterwards. All gooood.

Friday night, just after I put the boys down to bed, we got word of the earthquake and Tsunami. Now we are on alert. 10 minutes later, got the word to evacuate the boys to high ground. "Children and Passports only, at this stage". What the??? Tried to prepare myself as best as possible and move the boys up to a makeshift evacuation centre. Was not getting any reliable, consistent or regular information about what was happening. DH and I 'tag-teamed' looking after the kids (who were amongst 7 children where we were) and having our dinner/trying to get updated information, etc. Bar was GOING OFF and dudes were playing island music, complete with ukuleles. SURREAL. Kept a bit of an all-night vigil but just after 3am, they moved the 4 of us to another room.... so at least we could comfort the kids without disturbing anyone else.

Next morning, all was bright and sunny. Drive back to Nadi for the final night before the flight home yesterday. Feels good to be home.

Will have to catch up on everyone's news. Hope all are well.

#21 MySpunkBubbles

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

Am in the process of catching up on news.  Big hugs to Bec and Jo....  bbighug.gif

And... happy belated birthday to Callum!  Where does it go?

Rach - hooray for the scan - how exciting to be able to share your happy news with everyone!

OK... off for more catch-ups....

#22 debs79

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

Happy belated Birthday Callum

How did the cake tunout Lou?

Amanda. sounds like you had an interesting holiday. At least you got to relax for a bit.

Hope everyone is all ok

Deb
xxx

#23 NatandImmi20

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

Hi ladies, gee it's so quiet in here lately!

Jo - i'm really sorry to hear about your FIL. That's so sad - how is everyone going?

Bec - mum always knows best! Pleased to hear you have your happy baby back again!

Lou - happy belated birthday to Callum - hope he enjoyed it!

Ninja - OMG wow what a holiday you had! (The massage sounded brilliant!)

Us - all cruising along nicely. I went back to work this week 2 days a week. Was enjoyable and girls went really well in day care so that's a relief. Nice to have a bit of adult talk and even better when i got my pay slip lol! Little Mia is 6 months old today. Makes me happy and sad at the same time lol! Loving her being more interactive now but missing my little baby like you wouldn't believe . . . cluck cluck lol!

Imogen will be 2 in one month and 2 days . . . really best start organising things for her party. Just a quiet affair like her first with our families and close friends. Doing a Dorothy cake and i can't wait! Looking forward to Easter also as i will be doing an easter egg hunt for her BUT Easter Sunday is the day after her birthday party so OMG she will be full of junk that weekend! Oh well - not everyday you have a birthday!

That's it for me, off to enjoy this sunshine while girls are sleeping.
Hi to everyone else, hope you're all well

Nat  biggrin.gif

#24 rachelle2

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

wwhistle.gif

Hi everyone it is so quiet in here at the moment!!!  I guess everyone is busy with their tantrum throwing two year olds??  We have just gotten over gastro in our house, unfortunately we ALL got it and what a nightmare that was.  Has taken Xavier about a week to recover from it all and he has dropped a fair bit of weight.  He is eating like a demon again now though.  All going ok otherwise - this little bebe isn't as active as Mr X was in utero which of course I worry about, I worry about the fact that I haven't "popped" earlier this time and I worry about the fact that I have been so ill this pregnancy (gastro, headcolds and hyperemesis) - so all in all - I am a worrier and am looking forward to my morphology scan in a few weeks and seeing for myself that all is ok with this little one!!

Cannot even believe our babies are turning two!!  Happy Birthday to Callum and Alana and others who have had their birthdays.  This year we are having a low key celebration - going to a park with some friends (no presents bring a plate) and having some cake.  Have decided on a "tractor" cake as Mr X is obsessed with all things tractors, diggers etc at the moment.  He has moments where he is as sweet as sugar and others where he gets into full 2yo devil child mode LOL - have been getting "those" stares if it happens to happen out in public - oh well.

Nat:- Sounds like you guys have everything under control at your place!!  Glad that the girls have settled into childcare so well and that you have settled back into work original.gif

Amanda:- Your holiday sounds for the most part amazing and the photos looked great - there was certainly some ups and downs though!!

Lou:- Hope that Callum had a wonderful birthday party and you guys got a moment to reflect on a crazy couple of years.

Ok better hop off here.  Hope everyone is travelling really well and our little two year old terrors are being kind to their mama's!!

#25 be-e

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hi Everyone,

Tis' quiet in here.

Ive been trying to keep myself busy. Trying not to get on here which makes me think about TTCing.

Rachelle - Try not to worry yourself 2 much, it just makes it all harder. easy to say I know, but im a worrier in pregnancy too, well Im a worrier in TTCing as well. At least you have an active 2 year old to keep you busy!

Nat - cant believe Mia is 6 months, my how time flies! Ready for number 3 hey? Work sounds like a nice break for you. I enjoy my 2 days at work.

Amanda - Wow what a holiday, glad you got to enjoy some of it.

Lou - Happy Birthday Callum! Your holiday in the Hunter sounds nice. We were there in October las tyear, but didnt get to see the wineries except for the wine at the wedding.

AFU-  today is Lincolns birthday , DH took the day off as he isnt very busy atm. We went to the zoo this morning which was good fun. This afternoon Linc and I had a play at his friends house who's mum whipped up a lovely cake for him, he loves to blow out the candles. We are having a family party on sat, which should be fun, Im tossing up whether Im making fish to put on the cake or stars.

Linc is talking so much now, repeats almost everything we say unless he doesnt agree then its a big No (with attitude).

Anyway, off to have a glass of wine with DH. I think we deserve it!

Bec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.