#2 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

Gold!

BBL

Sharna

#3 bec8112

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

Silver.

Sorry super busy at work and not meant to be having a long lunch as I got here late this morning, damn traffic  mad.gif

BBL

#4 meeskamouska

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

Bronze.
Snoozing on the lounge.
Enjoy your day girls!!

Mel - is it your first day of being unemployed today????? laugh!! Hope it is & your having a day to yourself.

#5 Fabulous

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

We are in the midst of a heat wave here, 25 days in a row of over 30 degrees during the day, over 20 degrees at night and uncharacteristic humidity. We have ducted evaporative airconditioning but it doesn't work too well when the humidity rises blergh.

Some tosser just delived our new bath tub and when he tried to reverse out of our driveway he veered about 2 metres off to the left  and then drove straight into out recycling bin.  wacko.gif How can sombody be such a hopepless driver. Thankfully the bin is okay and nobody happened to be walking by our house. He left black tyre marks on the grass too.  ohmy.gif

Nat- I'm glad that you seem to be on the mend.

Edited by Fabulous, 28 February 2011 - 03:39 PM.

#6 meeskamouska

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

Ros - was thinking of you this morning when I saw the weather for WA. Hope u survive the day.... & the evening. Sometimes nights are worse when u can't sleep its so humid.

Hope I don't annoying...either that or I'll be chatting to myself with my boredom prattling. I've been confined to the couch as I've been over doing it. Typical of me but I just get so frustrated ordering everyone around all day sitting here. LMAO.

I've nothing to report... done nudda.

BBL...laugh.

#7 Small Potatoes

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

Nat you are sounding much chirpier.  Glad you are recovering okay and have some time for R&R.

Ros How gross for the heat and what a moron for the delivery dude.  Some guy did something like taht at our old place but instead of trying to reverse down the drive he tried to turn around (we have no turning area) and drive forward.  We had a really steep drive and the guy almost ran of the side.  DH had to cut half a massive bush down and it was just a mess.  DH even told him not to try and turn around.

AFM i have my c/s booked for the 5th of May.  All good at the OB today.  Have only put on 2kgs the whole PG but he doesn't seem concerned.  Saw little man and he is head down ROA and unengaged measuring on schedule.

#8 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

Hi Girls

Nat - you sound quite relaxed and happy.. thats great to hear!!! original.gif

Hi to everyone else.. Cant stay and chat just wanted to check in.. My tail bone is still hurting like crazy but that I can put up with... I now have an acid reflux and its killing me with all the spasms under my rib cage.. Just started on Nexius tablets for it.. Hope they kick in soon!! I tell you what if it rains it pours with me!!!

Anyway going to go to bed early to see if I can get some sleep.

Night all

xx

#9 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:42 AM

Morning ... grr, no time to talk as I need to get Aidan up and be out the door in 15 mins. Dont you hate how work interferes with your social life.

Sooooooo tired this morning also.

Sharna

#10 Small Potatoes

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:38 AM

Sharna Good luck with that.

Mel Enjoy your first day at uni original.gif

#11 themelster

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hiya all!

Just a quickie from me as I need to be at my first Bioscience lecture today at 10am and I have to walk up there.  It's a 3 hour lecture!  ohmy.gif

Nat - Your feeling ok?  Sounds like you are on the mend.  I was thinking in the bath last night - I have one complaint about your soaps.....  They last too bloody long!!!!!  I just want to try out all the new one's but I limit myself to having two on the go at a time.  That one with the walnut or almond shell in it is lasting for AGES!!!!  I've just finished the calendula one (which I loved) and have started on the second last one of the first batch you gave me.  I can't remember what it was but I think it must be a castille soap as it has that "feel" to it.  It is a light brown colour (not the cream one with the rose petals on top) and is a long rectangular shape.
I'll probably start to look for some part time work in a little bit.

Ros - I feel bad about complaining about the heat here now...  We've had it hot - but not for that long.  It's draining.  I used to love the summer when I was younger - now I hate it!  I have this bloody tri to do in less than three weeks and I've hardly done any running because it's just too darn hot.

How's work going Sharna?  Settling in?

Mands - how do you feel now that your C-sect is scheduled?  At peace with it?  Only 2kg - that's amazing!  I think I put on about 12kg!  

Ok ladies, I'd better run.  Don't want to be late for my second lecture!

Ciao!

#12 ~Annika~

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

Hey girls

Mel - I thought your tri was about a week ago. Toyotas ARE good, reliable cars!! We had a Toyota Vienta when we got married and loved it!! If it wasn't for the fact that it was a V6 and very exy on the fuel and I worked about 60Km away at the time we would have held onto it until it fell apart. So we got a smaller and more fuel efficient car - Nissan Pulsar. I LOVED that one too, but when Tyler came along we just couldn't fit everything in like the capsule and pram and shopping etc all at once. Not a family car for sure! Then we got the Pajero 4WD - definitely not fuel efficient but a great family and recreational car. Now we also have the Subaru Outback wagon which is a fantastic family car and for running around in as it's very fuel efficient. Aiaiai, we go through a lot of cars looking back at what I've just written, but we are very happy with what we've got now and have had them for quite a long time (according to our track record).  biggrin.gif

Nat - so glad your op went well and you are on the mend and taking it easy! Shame about your reactions to the meds etc though! Would love to check out your range of Coconut soaps! Would you put a link in for a website if you have one please?

Mands - what a pain about having all that stress with your test results etc. Great you don't have GD!!! When is your C-sec scheduled for? How are feeling about it all? You have done well with such minimal weight gain with this pregnancy!! In fact, the baby's weight would be the total weight of the 2 Kg increase. All the extra blood and fluids and placenta etc would add up to some amount, so your actual body fat has reduced significantly then!! Are you feeling well and healthy within yourself?

Dylmah - That is really great Dylan is loving Prep! Hope he will start to interact with his class mates, all in his time though hey! Bryce is soooo much nicer and well behaved and more like himself when Tyler is at Prep too! I LOVE it!!! The house is just so peaceful when he isn't here. Right now he is home as he was in hospital yesterday getting grommets put in his ears, but I am SOOOO frustrated with him here, aannoyed.gif  he just can't leave Bryce alone and is making him cry and winge ALL the time. I have just sent him to his room and shut his door so I can actually think straight. Don't get me wrong, I love him to bits but some days I really could scream!  

Bec - my boys LOVE playing with the doll's houses DH's mum got for them!!! She did the same for my DH and his brother when they were little and she is a firm believer in letting boys have just as much exposure to the girly things as girls do, "it will help them with parenting later and to become better dads" she says. It's so true too, DH is fantastic with domestic stuff and caring for Tyler and Bryce, he is certainly NOT femimine for having played with dolls and strollers etc. If I had a girl I would probably want to get a doll's house that could eventually become an heirloom but still be robust enough to withstand a bit of rough handling. wink.gif

Sharna - Sorry to hear about your nan!! How was your DH's birthday party (if you had one)? Can't remember if you mentioned it or not.  shrug.gif

Ros - Yeah, this heat has been unbearable for sure!!! This humidity is what really gets to me! Perth has been a bit worse than down south though. Been wondering how you have been coping with it up there.

Hi to anyone I may have missed!! waves.gif  

#13 Fabulous

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

Back to dry heat today thank goodness. I don't know how you QLDers cope with the humidity. I guess you just get used to it. Aircon helps of course.  original.gif

Annika- the more I hear about your MIL the more I like her.   biggrin.gif That's so awesome how she bought her boys a dollhouse, especially for somebody of her generation. I went to kindy in 1979 and they had a section for the boys to play in and one for the girls and we had to stick to our area. Crazy.

Mands- wow how did your pg go so fast. I wish I had only put on 2kg's when I was pg.

Nat- keep up the rest.

amanda- I hope you are better soon you poor thing.

Mel- I hope you enjoyed the lecture. I forgot how uni starts so late in the year. I just realised it was 19 years since I first went to uni  ohmy.gif  I started nursing but dropped out. I don't think I was mature enough at 17 to do it.

Sharna- you must be a busy mumma. I hope your day is going well.

Well that's all I can see in my window. Hello to Georgia and Bec.

Ros x

#14 meeskamouska

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

Hi Annika - I really miss u when u don't come in. I don't have a webbie for my soaps yet. Once I'm all healed up I'll get busy with making soap to sell. For the mean time shall I send a gift parcel for you to try some. Just give me some feedback on what u like & don't. No pressure though. PM me your addy/postbox.

Hi Ros - I don't know whats worse, dry or humid. Both are shockers. It was 35 here with high humidity. I missed the WA weather this morning.

Mands - you r going to feel so trim after this babe is born....good for u. U looked radiant last time I saw u.

Mel - So....how'd it go? Is it a mixed crowd of ages??

Bec - hope all is well wit hu.

Amanda - Hows your tailbone feeling?

Sharna - U must b FLAT OUT to not b posting much I bet. Is the working/kids/hubby thing working out good.

Hi Dylmah

Paul heads back to work tomorrow. Happy & sad. I'll miss him but I need some space. We're starting to niggle cause he misses hid job so much...laugh.
Had to go see the DR today & she commented how amazing I look for 1 week post op. Felt kinda chuffed. Nice to b young & have the surgery I had I spose. I'd hate to b 60, overweight & having it done...oh my!!

Stirfry for tea...yum!! Pauls cooking....hehehehehehe.... he hardly ever cooks... goes to show he can though!!

Edited by meeskamouska, 02 March 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#15 Small Potatoes

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

Ros I can deal with the humidity WHEN I AM NOT PREGNANT.  I can NOT deal with it at the moment.  I am waking up during the night sweaty and then can't get back to sleep.  Can't nap during the day when I get the opportunity as I just sweat and am too hot.

Annika Olly is the same, he is like a different child the day that Will goes and he doesn't.  Is loving and obedient and entertains himself.

Mel How was your first day at uni?  We have my old Mazda 121 (16 years this year) and she (her name is Suzy) is great.  Runs on the smell of an oily rag and never had anything major go wrong mechanically. I haven't had a Toyota, but would assume it is along the same calibre as the Mazda in reliability and durability.

I haven't intentionally only put on 2kg, between loss of appetite and junk food aversions I seemed to have just been maintaining.  I put on about 4 kgs before I went to hospital in January and the two days I was in there lost 2 kgs.  I ate all the hospital food (well as much as I could bare it isn't that special) and even went to the coffee shop downstairs and got myself a brownie both mornings.  I think I have lossed muscle mass rather than fat, as I haven't been exercising much either.

A bit bummed about booking in for the c/s.  Hope little man decides to come early so at least his little body and mine can get some benefits of labour and the hormones from labour before having a c/s.  I am also a little bummed I have only 9 weeks (or less) of ever being PG.  I would love a 4th but AM NOT going down that road with DH.  I am lucky to get my 3rd and am blessed and happy with that.  I am starting to get over it.  Have constantly aching lower back and period pain which is just annoying, like an aching tooth.  But I love feeling little man move inside.

On the name front we think we might have finally got one.  Lachlan (Lachie) for short.  I feel he is a Lachlan - Lachie, but just am not quite ready to commit.  Even though it isn't really a favourite for us, we both like it and we both feel it is right for him.  We never though that our other names suited him IYKWIM even though I loved Thomas and Jack, he never seemed like either of those names.  I feel he is a Lachie though.  My own quam is that his last name will start with L so a lot of L's in his name.

ETA: Missed your post Nat - The problem is I put on ALL my weight AFTER baby has arrived :0.  Good to hear you are recovering so well.

Edited by mands3, 02 March 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#16 bec8112

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

Quick one as I am so tired.  Work was extremely busy this week.

Mel - how is Uni going so far?

Nat - how are you feeling?  Sounds like all went well.

Mands - fingers crossed the little man comes early, and love Lachlan.

Will try come in tomorrow for more personals.

#17 bec8112

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

Sick kids here  sad.gif Ethan is still in bed at 10.30am! Off to the GP's at 2.30pm so will write again later.

#18 bec8112

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

Me again  biggrin.gif

GP said Ethan has just got a virus so no AB's. Hannah had a nasal swab for whooping cough, fund out results on Monday hopefully. He said he was pretty sure she was ok but just wanted to confirm with the swab.

Hope everyone is doing well.

#19 meeskamouska

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

Bec - hows the kids today? Still sick? When will u get the results from Hannahs test?

#20 Small Potatoes

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

Bec How are the little ones.

I am about to put my little ones down for a nap.

#21 bec8112

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

Kids are ok, Ethan is just extra whingy!  He has a runny nose and cough still. Asks for medicine all the time as he says it hurts  blink.gif
Hannah still has the coughing fits until she almost vomits but she is still mostly happy. The results should be back on Monday, and I do not know if I should send them to daycare or not on Monday?????

Mands - I just got Kiara's 1st party invite in the mail, you did a great job for Bree. So happy that she used you again.  Your house is looking great from the pics on FB. When is the estimated time of completion?

Nat - how you feeling? How is the recovery going?

#22 bec8112

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

Mands - was one of the kids playing with your phone earlier tonight? I got 2 SMS's from you with some weird text  wink.gif I also have a question but might involve TMI so PM me if you want, I would like to know about Will and his poos before you got him diagnosed.  Hannah is having some gross poo and we put it down to yoghurt but we stopped yoghurt and they are still happening?????

#23 Small Potatoes

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:08 AM

Bec Yes the boys had the phone sorry.  Ask me any questions either email me or PM.

#24 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

Boo hoo, woe is me.

Laryngitis + man flu = sick mumma.

Dont you love how you only ever get sick on your days off, however, the kids only ever get sick when you need to go to work.

Bec - Aidan got exposed to Whooping cough at daycare a month ago and was on the prophylactic AB's. He has had a terrible barky cough for a week now which causes him to gag and vomit also. I think it is croup rather than WC and am trying to get him in to see the Doc today. Hope Miss H feels better soon, Ethan too!

Dan got called into work today and had promised me a lie in and breakfast in bed while he minded the kids... not going to happen now is it. sad.gif I also had big plans to hit the gym on my days off but I can barely get off the couch.

Mel - how was uni? A 3 hr lecture is pretty heavy going. Was it a block? Did they break every hour? Did you get into the tutes and pracs that you wanted?

Mands - I see via FB you are under the 10 week countdown... so exciting!

Nat - how are you honey? Resting I hope! I didnt get that soap package.. it must have been in Mands car. Let me know how big the parcel is and I will pay for the postage + product costs... I really do love your soap. Dan is currently using the Honey chunk and LOVES it! My fave is still the lavender one. Do you have plans to make and goats milk ones?

Ros - glad the weather has settled for you. I am loving the Brissie weather as it is so mild compared to Cairns. The hot days really zap the energy out of you.

Annika - I second Nat, it is so nice to hear from you when you pop in.

Gotta run. Aidan spewed twice overnight and I have a weeks worth of washing to do on top of that. Luckily I am going to go between the houses and use my sisters dryer so I can get it all done this morning.

Sharna

xoxo

#25 bec8112

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Sharna - hope you feel better soon and you get some rest.  Hope Aidan gets rid of his cough too.

Sorry not in the mood for personals at the moment, Dave is annoying the hell out of me and I just want to scream!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.