October 08 Parents # 72

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#26 meeskamouska

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

Bec - you made me laugh. Men can be highly annoying at times. No good with the cough.

Sharna - you sound run ragged.
Hope u catch up on the washing. Spew washing huh.gif ohmy.gif  sick.gif  no fun.
My sister ALWAYS gets laryingitis the very first day of the school holidays. Nearly every single term, she's a teacher. I put it down to her running ragged then suddenly stopping. My advice is to stay on the lounge gorgeous, make up for the loss of your sleep in, I understand how precious they r sad.gif . No goatsmilk soap as of yet but defintiely on the list.... its a big list. I'll pop a parcel in the post for you. Plz, don't worry about post. I think I still have some lavender there for u. original.gif

More lazy days here. I try to spend as much time on the couch as I can. I feel terrific actually. My stitches are dissolving TMI, sorry, and it makes things alot easier. Doing my very best not to lift ANYTHING. In fact I feel the most relaxed and unhormonal I've EVER felt. Hope it stays this way. No anxiety at all.
My girls have been angels for me. We have such a good routine going.

Hope everyones weekends are enjoyable.

Edited by meeskamouska, 05 March 2011 - 02:49 PM.

#27 themelster

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Bec, I hope the kids are feeling a bit better.  It sucks big one's when they are sick.  I can't imagine how draining it would be to have two of them sick.  Poor you!  Have things settled down a bit with Dave?

Sharna - how are you feeling?  Got your voice back?  We've been kinda lucky here (touch wood) with sickness.  You remember we  had a really bad run a while back but we have been, mostly, well (except for a dodgy belly here and there) for a while now.  I'm sure there is something just around the corner.  Try and take care of yourself (I can see you're eyes rolling now!  LOL!  Easier said than done!).  I've started drinking "immunity Tea" that I get from our local markets.  Been drinking it for a couple of months now.  It's got lots of good stuff in it like Echinacea Root, Ginko, Tumeric, Ginger, Chisandra etc.  Then I squeeze some lemon in it too.  Happy to send you some if you think it will help.

Nat - Amost back to the old (well,  new and improved  biggrin.gif ) you?  Some lessons to be learned about the "forced" down time and it's direct relation to your decreased anxiety?  Any chance you could incorporate some idea's from it ongoing?  

Mands, I've been looking at the photo's of your house on FB and it looks awesome!  I especially like all that glass at the front of the house.  I imagine the outlook would be lovely and green!  You lucky thing!

Annika - glad to hear your Toyota served you well.  I'm loving ours so far!  Mark and I argue over who gets to drive.  Sad hey!  I love the Subaru's too.  Our other car is an old Subaru Liberty wagon.  
I didn't realise Bryce had to get grommets put in.  Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it.  How did that all go?  Do they have to put him under to do that?  Was it because he was getting lots of ear infections?

Ros, I didn't realise you started Nursing.  I totally see what you mean about maybe not being mature enough - I don't think it's just necessarily Nursing though.  I first did uni at 17 (almost 18) and just being mature enough to commit to study is tough at that age.  Plus knowing what you want to do etc.  Although it is hard going back to study at my, a-hem... "mature" age, I feel much more able to really commit to it.  Not to mention that I've give up a lot and my hubby would probably divorce me if I dropped out  wink.gif

Relationships - I know us ladies have chatted a lot about relationships.  And we all have our own unique "challenges".  Has anyone read today's Courier Mail?  In the Body and Soul section there is a bit about a 4 week (might be 5) challenge on getting your relationship back on track.  I think I'm going to do it.  Mark and I don't really argue much, and we get along really well, but we aren't as imtimate as I'd like (not just sex, but affection in general) and I often feel like we are more "mates" or "companions" or "Co-parents".  So I think I'll give it a bash.  Some of it will be tough - "talks" other bits will be easy.  We'll see.

Other than that - just strugging to get in the amount of study hours I need to do.  Need to do up a study plan I think.  Just need to get motivated to do it!

Also, anyone else do their groceries online?  I just placed an order with Coles Online this morning.  I'm going to give it a try in an aim to save a bit of money.  I think I will "impulse" shop less if I can do it online with my menu-plan in front of me.  Anyone else menu-plan?  I try, but I'm a bit hit and miss with it.  Also thinking of using Aussie Farmers Direct for my fruit and veg.  But I do enjoy going to the markets on a Sunday morning too.  hmm.  

Anyhoo, I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.  Chat soon.

xxx

#28 bec8112

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

Mel - I saw a free delivery code for Woolworths on here the other day, maybe check the hot specials section???I think we might start online shopping soon because we spend so much on food! Will have to read the body and soul part of the paper, I usually don't read Sunday paper as it is not really news, ha ha ha.

AFM - kids are the same, still not sure if they will be ok for daycare tomorrow.

Washing machine - we are shopping for a new one, front loader I think. Any suggestions? We are bad at big decisions. Went to Harvey Norman and the guy said if we had the money a Meile one is the best but the one we liked was $1900!!!!

#29 themelster

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

Bec, you're absolutely right - it's not news!  Body and Soul is my little trashy indulgence.  As for washing machines, we have a Bosch front-loader.  Love it.  It's ten years old and still going.  Although we may have to replace it soon.  I think we paid about $900 (but that was 10 years ago!).  We just got the base model.  No bells and whistles.  I am a firm believer that if there is lots of "fancy" electrics, there is more that can go wrong.

I hope the kids are feeling better soon!

#30 bec8112

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

Mel - my mum has a Bosch and i love that when we stay up there. Some of mums friends run a Harvey Norman type place and they recommend Bosch or Fisher and Paykel. I just want something that is easy to use, does a pre-rinse and adjustable spin.

#31 themelster

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

Mine does all of that. The only thing to keep in mind if you've not had a front loader before, is that the cycles take considerably longer. Ours takes about an hour and forty for a standard wash.

#32 Small Potatoes

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

Washing Machine I got a Meile when I moved in here as our Bosch died last year and we got a 2nd hand Fisher & Paykel and it died too, though it was pretty old.  The Meile we have has a standard 1hr 30 cycle that I use for the nappies and heavily soiled items and an express cycle of 30mins that I use for everything else.  It has an AWESOME spin on it too.  The last front loader had a crap spin and I would have to put on another spin cycle each time.
I am thinking when I move into the new place of getting a second hand heavy duty one just for nappies, and the other will be for clothes - and a dryer.  I am really excited because I am getting a Hills Hoist for the next place (I know how lame am I).

Online Shopping I menu plan and do my grocery shopping online.  Our grocery bill has dropped even though the prices aren't less because I am only gettting what I need.  I get as much as I can from and organic delivery and the rest from Coles online, but looks like Woolies online is kicking in around here now.
So much easier than dragging the terror twins with me.

MelThe house is going along well.  Plenty of glass around the place except the north facing wall, but that faces a water tank anyway.  The electrician starts tomorrow eexcite.gif

Nat i am glad the recovery is going so well, petty you needed to go to hospital to get some relaxing time.

Annika I didn't know about Bryce's gromits either.  Hope all goes well.

Sharna i only get sick when DH gets home from a trip.  It is like my body says you can't get sick you have the kids to look after and as soon as DH gets back I get the flu.  Or maybe god is saying I think your husband needs to do more work so I will make you sick dev (6).gif  Hope you are feeling better.

AFM Will is driving me insane.  He is soooooo lazy.  I only want him to clean up a small box of lego or what ever and he just won't do it - anything but.  Then he says I am too unwell or I am too sore.  PIGS BUM. He is at the age where he is really starting to test the boundaries and I am too tired to fight him sometimes, which is the worst thing.  I really have to start enforcing again.

#33 bec8112

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

Mands - what model miele is it you have? One we looked at is a w3725, sounds like it has the same wash functions (30min one which is great! )

#34 meeskamouska

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

Bec - I'm in love with my Electrolux. Never had any probs 5 yrs or so old. It does a pre rinse & adjustable spin. Also a quick 30 minute cycle that I use endlessly. Front loader.

BBL for better personals.

#35 themelster

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

I'm off horse riding this morning with some girlfriends. It was one of those Cudo things. Should be fun!

#36 bec8112

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:19 AM

Have fun Mel!!!

I am home with Ethan today, sent Hannah to daycare but kept Ethan home because he is still sick :-(

#37 bec8112

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

Hannah got the all clear from the Whooping Cough test  biggrin.gif

#38 meeskamouska

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Bec - so glad Hannah got the all clear and I hope Ethan gets better soon. No monday morning traffic for u today.
Mel - yay on the horse riding. I really do enjoy a good ride. I don't get to do it often enough. We have a horse and all but what to do with the kidliewinks? Anxiety - I'm not sure if its because of the forced down time or not. Maybe its just pyscological. I don't know. All I know is I'm not stressed at all. I don't feel hormonal or anxious or anything. I've never felt so level. I've read online the ovaries can go to sleep after a hysto for about 6weeks. Weather this is true or not I don't know. I just hope it stays forever cause I feel fantastic mentally.
Sharna and Annika - I sent off a parcel to both of u today. Hope u like the soap. Annika, the salt spa bars are the highest in coconut oil at 90%coconut. Every soap has coconut oil but the salt ones the most. My fav soap ATM is the Rose Geranium Salt Bar. It'll b a permanent one when I eventually sell. Everyone loves it.

Hi to everyone!!

Cruisy old day here. Life is good.
Might try to drive a short distance this arv. Its nearly 2 weeks and I feel up to it. I don't feel like I'm pushing myself.

Chat soon.

#39 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

Nat - you are truly generous. Thanks so much. I look forward to my goodies when they arrive. I am genuinely so happy for you and glad that your body and mind are resting and recovering.

Early to bed for us. My body is telling me to rest. I am still struggling to get on top of this flu, have laryngitis and conjunctivits... bleah!

Better days tomorrow.

Sharna

#40 meeskamouska

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

No good Sharna. I thought u might b back on top of it a bit by now.  Laryngitis and conjunctivits just to boot. U poor thing. Rest up and b kind to yourself.

#41 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

Natty, Nat, nat... you really shouldn't have blush.gif You really are too generous. I am overwhelmed with soapy soapy goodness. I don't know where to start.

I am feeling just a little bit loved tonight... what good friends I have.

Sharna

#42 bec8112

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

Sharna - how are you feeling?

Mel - how is Uni going? How are you going with the reduced income? ( see below for why I am asking )

Mands - how are you going? Not long now until the bub is due, how exciting!

Nat - how is the rest time going? How are you feeling 'down there'?  

Annika, Ros and anyone else I have forgotten - Hi  biggrin.gif

AFM - kids are getting a little better, Hannah is almost booger free  tthumbs.gif but Ethan still has a cough and runny nose.  We have Ethans follow up speech appointment on Thurs so looking forward to that.

I have another issue which I would love some advice on .  I found a job advertisement today for a part time Lab Technician on the Sunshine Coast and I am so unsure if I should apply or not.  I am sure that it would be a major pay cut but on the plus side we could move to Noosa to be closer to family and friends.  Dave just told me to call them and ask about pay rates/hours etc. The advertisement says 'flexible start/finish times' to suit your family/kids needs so think it is more suitable to people with school age kids?????  Oh I am so unsure but then it cannot hurt to apply and see what happens.  Advice?

#43 meeskamouska

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:50 AM

Bec - it sounds good and would work well for u. You're probably the only one that cam determine how much room you have in your budget. Will your family help out with DC??? THats one area where a huge saving can b made. Noosa...oh how lovely!!!! I truly believe salt water and salt air are really good for peoples well being.

Sharna - no worries. Can you tell me what you thought of the new labels. Do they suit the product? Are they all wrong? Is the whole brown thing just boring?
R u still at home today? I hope you don't have to go to work. Hows Aidan going? Is he still sleeping in with you guys? Will u eventually put Nadia and Adain in together? I've been thinking of putting my girls in together of late. We're not short on rooms but Bella gets scared at night and I thought they might like it together. Not decided yet though.

Went driving yesteray. Alls good there so happy bout that. Downstairs is healing really nicely. Its starting to feel normal down there. Thank goodness. This week is usually my PMT week. So far so good. Still feeling fabulous. I slept for 11hours last night. Went to bed at 8:30 and got up this mornig at 7;30. I cannot believe that. I don't feel fatigued one bit. Its too weird. Hoping it never stops.

Mands - so close!!!! U must b getting excited.

BBL

#44 themelster

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

Bec - I say go for it.  It can 't hurt, can it?  If you apply, and they are interested, and you go for the interview, and they like you - what's the worst that can happen - you can say no.  You may think it is a lot of wasted time and energy for something you aren't sure about, but look at it as a learning experience.  A chance to refresh your CV, brush up on your interview skills etc.  Plus, it may turn out that it is a great job!  And you get a chance to live in Noosa!!!  Close to your family and the beach!  

As you know, I'm not one to focus on the cash.  Yes, you need to make enough to live, but I think (for me anyway) you are better off being happy.  You could have a well paying job and be miserable, or do something you love, that pays less and be happy (hence why I left the corporate world to do nursing  biggrin.gif ).  But only you can make the right choice for your family.  Nat made a good point about Daycare - could being closer to your family mean you could save a bit on daycare?  

I'd just apply and think about all the logistics later  biggrin.gif   That's just me though - I tend to be a bit impulsive!  And I'm with Nat - salt water, fresh, sea air!  I'm definately at my happiest when I am around the ocean.  

As for how we are coping on the reduced income - only time will tell.  It isn't something we could do long-term.  I definately need to be earning a wage.  But for now, we are managing.  We extended our morgage  (gulp...) and so will be in a worse place when I finish my degree.  But the long term benefits are worth it.

Nat - stupid me, I forgot it was actually a full hysterectomy you had.  I wonder if that is why you are feeling so level?  Does it stop all the crazy reproductive hormone's from racing about your body?  Pardon my ignorance (and I guess I will soon learn this at uni!) but do they take our your full reproductive system in a hyst?  Ovaries etc?  Or just your uterus?  They take everything don't they?????  Gosh, how stupid am I,  I can't believe I'm having to ask that!  

Sharna - I hope you are feeling better.

We may be overdue for a catch up hey ladies?  What do you all think?

#45 Small Potatoes

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

mel Catch up sounds great, before bub would be better original.gif.  how is uni going?

Bec I definitely think you should apply.  It sounds great and the commute would be easier (I am guessing) and like Mel said money isn't everything if you aren't happy.  DH has stopped chasing flying lately and is home soooo much more, the income is less but the boys and I see heaps more of him.

Nat That is soooo great taht you are feeling so well.

AFU The builders have had a MAJOR stuff up.  The forgot to put space for the ducted a/c so they have put the piping down through cupboards and 4 of our cupboards upstairs (we only have 6) are blocked off with this big ducting making 2 of the cupboards totally unuseable.  I just about cried yesterday when Danny told me.  We told the director and he is meeting us on site this afternoon.

#46 Fabulous

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

Child free day today so I went shopping and got a few bargains. Came home to a few parcels. A new handbag from needle vs thread on Etsy and 2 new Tigernaut outfits for Jack. Anybody doing the nappy hunt this year? I did it once a few years back and that was enough for me.

Mands- that sounds shocking. Not acceptable at all. Is your house going to have a timber exterior? I looked at your pics and it looks very interesting. I'm curious as to what the final appearance will be.

Bec- I think it's important to live in your most preferred location. Although would you want to sell your house so soon after you bought it considering all of the costs of selling and buying. A school friendly job could be good, school comes around very fast. Only 3 years until Jack is in full time education.  ohmy.gif

Nat- I'm glad u are felling so good.  smile1.gif

Hi Sharna, Mel, Annika and Georgia.

Ros x

#47 themelster

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

Oh dear Mands.  That is no good at all!  I hope that some arrangement / agreement can be had.  It must be so stressful at times, building your own home.

Uni is going well.  I'm a bit stressed at the moment.  A 4 unit load is quite a lot.  And although I'd be much more comfortable doing 2 or 3, I don't want to stretch out the time it takes me to do it.  Each unit is a 12 credit point, which means that I should be doing approx 12 hours a week on it, including contact hours.  So realistically, I should be committing 48 hours a week to study including lectures and tutorials.  That just isn't going to happen as there isn't much I can do when I am at home with Tom.  So I try and cram it all into the 3 days he is at Kindy plus a couple of hours at night.  BioScience will be a challnge - I'm ok with all of the anatomy bits, but the Physiology involves quite a bit of chemistry, so I have to get my head around that.  The other subjects are mainly sociology subjects, so lots of essay writing and self-reflection etc.  I'll get there in the end.

#48 themelster

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hi Ros, we posted at the same time!  Nice to get parcels - I haven't had one for ages!  sad.gif   I love the tigernauts pants.

#49 meeskamouska

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

Ros - childfree day...love it!! & parcels to boot!!
Mands - oh thats terrible with the air con. I hope you get it sorted.
Mel - your uni load sounds huge!! You're a trooper. I only had partial hysto, ovaries still in, but with a anterior and posterior repair. The extra repair work is why its taking a bit longer to heal. Still feeling fabulous though. So relaxed, never want it to end.

Meet up. I'd love that. Its going to b hard to organise I bet. Perhaps a weekend thing might b best. Like a picnic park thing or something. Can we wait another week or so though I really want to come but need a bit longer at home.

My mum just turned up ....again..... BBL

#50 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:40 AM

Aidan is home with croup.. poor little bugger. I held off taking him to the dr's as I thought it was getting better but he was so unsettled at daycare yesterday and had the terrible cough/wheeze. Thankfully Logan Hospy has an after hours GP clinic until 10pm. I got seen straight away!! On the predmix now.

That means i get a day off work. Dan took Nadia to daycare which is good for me also. I am getting housework done and will pop down the shops now. I think i might treat myself with a pedicure.

Sorry no time to reply to everyone. I have been reading. I get up at 0500 and home at 6pm and am in bed by 9 most nights. I am knackered... work sucks. haha.

Sharna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.