IVF Multiple Cycles and The Longhaul Buddy Group #6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

#126 halby

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

Mel I hear you as I too find things always come up to stretch us more than we can barely be stretched further. I can only say "What does your heart tell you?' If you are thinking that something would then come up next month as well, then I would stick to your original plan of now and put yourself and your needs first. I do know how you feel it has happended to us on numerous occasions but with DH family and it happened again the night before epu with a distressed phonecall from sydney with stuff going on. A: we cant do anything about it we are in Perth, B: these are grown ups who need to sort their own sh*t out. DH has finally learnt to let it go and not get entagled with it all, and I am grateful, as I need him right now.
I hope that you can come to a decision that is best for YOU!

Librablonde I hear you about the tight bounderies, I have let myself off in the recent 12 months as I figured when I was that strict on myself nothing happened anyway, so I just try and stay healthy as best I can and be sensible. Its better for you to be able to let your hair down anyway.

Fertilisation went well and initially got 7 out of 7, but they apparently do a 24 hour check, and one has gone funny. She used an exact term but cant remember, but anyway 6 is fantastic so fingers crossed for my update tomorrow that all is moving nicely.

#127 Tussycat

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

[.
xxx

#128 Brookar

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

MM -I'm glad you've decided on what feels right for you. Fingers and toes crossed you'll never need that biopsy.  Thanks for the link. I have a feeling my biopsy won't be to test for the killer cells as it sounds like you have to have the biopsy at a certain stage of your cycle and I'll be going on the pill once AF arrives and my FS wasn't phased about when in the next month I had the lap and biopsy.  I know one of the blood test mentions lupus. I'll have to google the long technical terms on the blood test request!

Halby - 6 is fantastic!  Will stay tuned for another update.

Librablonde - Wine and brie...two of my favourite things, indulged in a couple of glasses myself on the weekend. original.gif

Mel - It's a hard one, but if you can manage making it to your bloods and appointments while looking after your Dad I would maybe look at going ahead with your cycle. I too, don't think stress plays a big part in IVF success. My one and only BFP happened at one of the most stressful times for DH and I.  Do what your gut is telling you.

Spock - I hope you're having a wonderful time.

Hi to everyone else out there.

afm - CD36 and no AF yet. False alarm this morning. Thought she'd come and then she disappeared. My body certainly has some strange natural cycles....

Edited by Brookar, 11 April 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#129 Tussycat

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

#130 halby

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:50 AM

Hi Ladies,

MM I am so happy that you are going forward with the stim. I am 39 this year and know that the age factor is there. I definately dont respond as well. Getting some in the bank is great. I am looking forward to following your cycle.

Librablonde, good luck for this morning, I will be waiting for ou results.

Countrymel how are you going with your decisions on to fet or not to fet. You will make the right decision.

Brookar, wow that is a long cycle, I hope she comes soon so you can start moving forward.

Hello to everyone else.

afm I am good, up early working (oh and updating in here) Spoke to embryologist yesterday and a mixed looking bag of embryos so far. All divided and basically I have 2 beautiful 4 cell that are graded 1 and 2, another 2 @ 4 cell that are fragmented graded 3 and a 5 & 2 cell graded 3 due to fragmentation. Because of my disaster cycle in 2009 it appeared some of those were the same at this stage, so I am waiting on the call this morning as to whether we will do a 3 day transfer or try to go to blast. I know I have 2 beaut ones there, but even the embryologist admitted that sometimes they just dont like the environment they are in, hence the debate of being better chances in the natural environment on day 3. I am really happy with this decision, and as much as I would like to go to blast, dont want to get there and have nothing to transfer, and you read and see so many people transfer very average embryos at day 3 that become babies. I will let you all know.

#131 First One

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hi lovely ladies!  

Just wanted to touch base and give you all a massive hug and lots and lots of baby dust!  

Moi, still thinking of you every day.

Panda, I've been asking after you and praying everything is going as it should.  Know my thoughts are with you!

Halby, congrats on a fab embie count - I so admire your attitude and optimism.  Good luck!

Libra, Brookar, Mel, massive hugs to you all.

Spocky, hope you have that super-cute pup by now - I'm hanging out for photos you know!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM:  preg mentioned........

Still doing OK here.  NT scan on friday - still not really feeling "pregnant" - not sure what I expected to feel but I just feel normal.  Can't wait to have that scan just to be sure.  

Anyway, wanted you all to know I'm still here keeping an eye on you all and wishing for the best for you all.

#132 halby

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

baby mentioned
Firstone I know how you feel I had no symptoms with DD and sometimes all I wanted to do was throw up so I knew that I was pregnant. Good luck with it all, it is an amazing journey.

afm well we are going to blast. a couple of phonecalls later this morning with the embryologist and they said they are looking lovely and based on that we are going to move forward. I am really happy with that as I do prefer to go to blast, and then we know we are picking the best to transfer. A lot of the fragmentation has gone and 5 out of 6 of them are graded a 2 and I have one perfect at 8 cells 1 at 10 cells and 3 at 7 cells so fingers crossed. I cant fault my clinic they have been awsome.

Edited by halby, 12 April 2011 - 06:24 PM.

#133 librablonde

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hi ladies,

well I had my EPU today and Dr Fancyshirt retrieved 3 eggs. I was hoping for more, but then at least I'm hoping these 3 are tougher than my last ones and I get stronger embies. TMI ahead.... happy.gif

I had my Ovidrel trigger on Sunday night and somehow in my hormonal, demented state I had it 35 mins early. Well, as soon as the needle was pulled out of my stomach I realized we'd had the trigger at the wrong time and I had a mini mental breakdown. I burst into hysterical tears and wailed. Then I had to wait until the following morning to call the clinic and they reassured me it would be ok.

So at 6am this morning, before mt EPU at 7am, I had some bleeding breakthrough and again freaked out that I'd now ovulated early and Dr Shirt wouldn't be able to get my eggs once they'd started down my fallopians. So I had 6 follicles and he got 3 eggs. I told him all of this info about the trigger error and he said it made no difference but I guess he also probably thought there was no point going on about it now to me. So I have to be content with my 3 eggs and hope for the best. Fingers crossed for some good results.

Halby- great news original.gif I'll have my fingers crossed for you too xoxoxo

Last time I had my EPU I recovered pretty easily, but this time is a fair bit more ouchy.So I'll sign off now and update over the coming days. Lots of baby dust to you all, ladies bbighug.gif

#134 Tussycat

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

Just to say best of luck to halby tomorrow, I hope those gorgeous looking embies do their thang !!!!
Libra hope you are feeling a little better after epu and going ok.
Hi to everyone else xx

#135 Brookar

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

Hi Girls,

It's been a little quiet in here...I hope everyone is doing ok, and just having some time out.

Halby and Libra - I've been lurking a little in the 2ww to see how you girls are doing.  I hope the 2ww isn't too torturous for you.

Moimwah - I had my blood tests on Saturday. They took 10 vials of blood!  They musn't do those tests too often at the collection centre I went to as they had to pull out the manual to check how much blood to take....doesn't instill too much confidence!

Hi to everyone else....

AFM - gearing up for my lap tomorrow. Things seem to be going so slowly this year, it is frustrating. It's nearly May and only one transfer this year.  I hope I can get a few words in with FS before they put me under  tomorrow as to what happens next. I'm on the pill , but don't know if I need to have an AF before I start stimming again?

Edited by Brookar, 18 April 2011 - 11:27 AM.

#136 Tussycat

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

#137 Spock

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

hi ladies,

mm, happy birthday! sounds like you got spolied rotten but you absolutely deserve it! I totally understand about itching for af to arrive so you can get started, plus the thoughts on where you would be if things hadn't gone bad. It is very difficult to put those thoughts out of your mind isn't it. Hoping af arrives quickly for you at least.

brookar, good luck tomorrow. I hated having all those bt's. it is very daunting to see all those little tubes lined up. Usually before all my surgeries the surgeon (my fs) and the anathestic guy come by and have a little chat while I'm sitting there in the glory of the blue gown with blue pull on slippers + shower cap. Maybe you can ask your questions then?

halby and librablonde, sending you both lost of positive thoughts! Hope you both are doing okay.

first one, i'm so glad to hear everything is going well with you. It's nice to hear some good news from our BG.

hi to chesire cat, panda, senecio, carita, countrymel, rose, and everyone else still out there. Hope you're all tarvelling along okay.

afm, holiday was great and just what we needed. Baby orangutans are very cute! It was so nice to come back to our puppy as well so we didn't suffer from the end of holiday blues. Sooty is doing well but keeping me busy. He chews everything in sight, including me and my clothes! We bought a new laptop which I'm still figuring out how to use so I will post a photo of Sooty once I sort myself out (hence posting from work). I've also been at a work conference which is why i haven't posted in ages.

Sooty is really helping us feel 'happy'. I think he is the best decision we have made so far - my mum's words happy.gif . We also saw the fs. There were no results from the d&c so we don't know if anything was wrong for sure with the embie. We are going to do PGD array testing for the next cycle. This looks at all the chromosomes. Hoping to avoid another m/c by doing this. Fs says this is very good for recurrent m/c and they have some uber scientist doing the work in their lab. It is expensive and popular though so my next epu is locked in for 24th June. I'm now waiting for af to arrive - should be any day, so I can start the pill. Have to do a long cycle for this pgd testing which I have never done before. Also going to be taking Saizen which is also expensive but improves results for low ovarian reserve people like me (that has been the experience of my clinic anyway). Basically I'll be taking everything, throwing the whole kitchen sink and the rest of the kitchen at it but there are reasons for each drug I'll be on. Going to be a scary cycle I think. I'll be so sad if there are no good embies.

Sorry for the long post but just had heaps to catch everyone up on. Hope to hear from you all soon.

#138 Brookar

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

MM - Happy birthday for the other day. I'm glad your DH spoilt you, sounds like a lovely day.  Those days can be bittersweet though.  One of my ETs late last year was on the same date our baby had been due if we didn't miscarry. It just adds to the emotion of it all

Spock - Aren't dogs wonderful. I love mine to bits.  It sounds like you have a good plan mapped out going forward.  It's nearly May, June 24th will be on you in no time.

Hi Libra, Halby, First One, Country Mel...everybody else.

Afm - My lap went ok yesterday. I haven't spoken to my FS yet, he is supposed to be ringing me any minute but the nurse said they removed four lots of endo.  I guess I'm kind of glad they found something and my symptoms were actually indicating it was there.  I spoke to my FS nurse today, and they have already put a schedule in place for me. A long down reg cycle, with EPU set at this stage for 31st of May. Will start lucrin on the 7th of May.  Maybe a few wines over easter and then I'll be back on the healthy kick again....

#139 Tussycat

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

Brookar, great you have a plan, which sounds like it's gonna start happening pretty soon.  Hope you are feeling ok after your procedure.

Halby & Libra, I posted in 2WW but hope you are both going okay.

Spock, if you feel like posting a pic of your puppy, I'm sure no-one will mind  biggrin.gif So glad Sooty is bringing you smiles & you  had a great holiday.

Hi to everyone else - how are you ???

#140 halby

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

HI ladies, sorry hard to keep up. My 2ww has been dreadful but over, and now just waiting for the formality phonecall to confirm teh bfn

I am ok just more p*ssed off than anything. I'm really over it all, and I just shouldn't have such a bad af when I am using progesterone support. This I just never understand, and it is always been like this on a stim cycle for me, and nobody knows why.

I really need to catch up with what everyone is up to so will try and do some reading. I wanted to ask all of you what kind of protocol you do. I have the fs appointment on Wednesday and am considering the antagonist protocol. Have only ever done long down reg, and am wondering if my quality isn't very good anymore, being older and fatter, and also I definately havn't responded as well in the last 3 stims???????

Wishing you all a lovely and safe easter and I hope that the easter bunny hops on by.

Karen

#141 librablonde

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

Hi Halby, I responded to you in the 2WW thread. I'm so sorry, that's just kick in the guts. ddown.gif
I agree with having a heavier AF when on prog support (Crinone for me). Last time I was on Crinone I had a horror period, so maybe that plus the recent egg harvest just means your body had to re-stabilize itself again.

This cycle I did an antagonist cycle with from Day 2 450 Gonal F and Orgalutran after Day 6. I'd never done an antagonist cycle before and I found it to be easier than sniffing Syranel (like Crinone, Syranel sends me crazy). I got much fewer eggs (3 this time, compared to 9 last time) but the embies were a far better quality (all fertilzed, all Grade 4). So I don't know what's best for your body, but it's worth speaking to your FS about changing the protocol. I'm almost 40 and the heaviest weight I've ever been in my life, so I think this protocol was quite good for me.

You'll be in my thoughts over the coming Easter break. I hope you'll have lots of love and support around you during such a difficult time xoxoxo hhugs.gif

#142 halby

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

thanks libra I had a nice day with family and friends yesterday adn we had a seafood feast. I will now drink quite heavily tonight as well, and then will get back to healthy on Monday.
My p4 was only 25 so very low for crinone and a hcg of less than 1 it has left me wondering if there would have been a chance if my p4 was better. It always seems to be low on a stim and I dont get it.But Iwont dwell I just know that I will ensure that we are on maximum support for the next time. I will ahve the chat with dh on tuesday so keep everything crossed for me that he lets me get back into it straight away.

Off away now for easter so it will be lovely.

Happy egg hunting and safe travels to everyone

#143 carita

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

Hi everyone-Brookar, MM, CC, libralonde, Spock, FirstOne, Pandy, Senecio, Rose, Country Mel and everyone else! Hope you're well and enjoying a few chocolate Easter eggs!!

halby-Sorry to hear your news. I hope you have a chance to relax over the holiday weekend.

DH and I decided to cancel this stim cycle. I was supposed to have my first BT on Thursday but Wednesday night my parents called and my brother is quite sick. The doc thinks it's pretty advanced colon cancer because it's already in his liver too. It was a big shock to all of us because he's only been feeling a bit sick for the last few weeks. He's just 37. I'll probably be flying to the states to spend some time with him soon. DH and I just thought it would be too much trying to fit in a cycle right now.

Take care and I'll be popping in to check on you ladies!

#144 cheshire_cat

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Oh carita I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, that's awful.
What a shock for all of you sad.gif
Sending you big hugs and strength to get through this scary and difficult time.
xx
CC

Edited by cheshire_cat, 23 April 2011 - 08:35 PM.

#145 Tussycat

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

Oh Carita, what terrible news for you & your family.  Our thoughts are with you.

hugs.

#146 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

Sorry about your news Carita.   I'm glad you can get over to see him soon.    M

#147 ~Panda~

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

Carita, how horrible. You poor thing! sad.gif I'm so sorry. You and your brother are in my thoughts.

#148 carita

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

Thanks ladies for all your posts and thoughts. Will be in touch..

#149 Brookar

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

Carita bbighug.gif

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.