Keeping my legs crossed.
Yeah, I've got complications

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

Oh Prue, I will also keep everything crossed for you.

A baby in my Mothers Group was born at 28 weeks and at almost 2 is just about on par with the other kids original.gif I'm sure her mum would have kept her in for another 10 weeks if given a choice though. Good luck.

#27 TardisAngels

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

Keeping everything crossed for you Prue and hoping your LOs stay put for a bit longer!!

Take care original.gif

#28 Amanda_R

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

Oh sh*t Prue.  Fingers crossed they stay put for many a week longer.  Good that things have slowed down and the steroids are in.  Every day inside is going to be beneficial, I hope you'll be posting soon utterly bored of being stuck in hospital!

Thinking of you all. hheart.gif

#29 wintergirl

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

I just wanted to wish you good luck - but also let you know about my nephew. Born at 23 weeks 5 days, 750g and tiny! But today is a happy, healthy, gorgeous 3 year old!

I hope you babies hang on for a while yet but I know the doctors kept telling my sister the 30 week mark was a very important one and you've made that so that is great news!

Enjoy the rest and the hospital while you can!

Good luck

#30 mollybot

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

Good luck ! I really feel for you - my sisters waters broke at 10 weeks - she finally delivered at 29 weeks !! Her little girl is at home and doing well now, so please hold out some hope !!

#31 LittleRB

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hope your legs stayed crossed for as long as is necessary - stay in there little bubbas!

Get plenty of rest and PLEASE DO NOT overdo it - honestly just relax and take it easy - nothing is more urgent or important than those two little babies.

Will say a prayer for your little ones.

xoxox

#32 Angel1977

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

Sending lots of Stay Inside vibes your way Prue. After everything you've gone through to get to this point, you deserve a break. Hoping that the bedrest does its job and you are still there bored, yet pregnant in 10 weeks time.

#33 Soontobegran

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

Heaps of good luck--I have always been in awe of long term ante natal mums--they just seem to find stuff to do with their time whilst cooking those babies as long as possible.
Think of this time as a pre baby holiday--once those babies are at home you'll probably not get this much rest for a few years. original.gif
They are a wonderful healthy size and combined with those steroids they'll be just fine. At out place 29 weekers have a survival rate of 98% and that includes those babies who do not have steroids.

I have no doubt that EB will be a 'good friend' over the next few weeks. original.gif

#34 MamaAndStepMom68

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

4 pages of well wishes already and I predict many many more. not a woman alive who wouldn't wish you well at this time, and reflect on the experiences of women within her own surroundings. Like you, I had a, well, unpleasant journey through infertility and was one of the lucky ones that eventually, miraculously got just one 'home run'.  

A good mothers group friend of mine says that somewhere down the track, we all get a bundle of "sh*te" to deal with. For some its colic, reflux, hips... and for some a lot worse than that. I know that after a great pregnancy which was only really distinguished by daily clexane injections, and an emergency caesar after 16 hours of labour to ful dialation, the sh*te really hit the fan about 10 days later!!  I've been told that my experience was an unusual and reasonably "bad" one but I don't see it that way at all. It's just my story. Over 2 years later we're still going strong.

Prue, I wish you all the best and that the next weeks bring the best of positive experiences as they become your 'story'.  If you are not a good sleeper generally, if you can learn to sleep well in a hospital it will stand you in good stead. I recommend really good travel eye patches [got mine from a travel website], your own pillow and case to stand out on the bed so it doesn't go walk-about, lavender under the pillow if allowed for restful sleep...  you'll do great.  

all the best of luck and love to you all.

#35 shortnfat

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

My deepest sympathy. I've now had 2 pregnancies where from about 20 weeks, I've been relegated to bed (initially in hospital, then at home).

There's nothing I can say to make it any better except it utterly sucks but is eventually worth it. I took up knitting (which, for a professional 35YO used to working incredibly long hours is pretty embarassing) but now have 2 beautiful children and enough jumpers to last them the next 10 or so winters.

Good luck!

#36 Elemenopee

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hi Prue,
My twins were born at exactly 30 weeks. They were in hospital for 97 days.
They are now 2 years old, and have no long term health effects what so ever. They are fit and healthy and doing everything when they are meant too.
All the best.

#37 natjay

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

Good luck Prue. I have been followoing your story and hope you can keep those little ones in there for a few more weeks.

Get some rest and try to enjoy some "you" time for the next few weeks, even if you are just lying down.

#38 mayahlb

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

good luck prue. i hope those babies stay in there health for another 8-9 weeks.
maya

#39 libbylu

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

Good luck Prue. I hope you have a restful and uneventful two months.
Just wanted to add that my DHs best friend was born at 30 weeks 35 years ago.  A dire situation back then, but even so, he has turned out to be one of the most intelligent, insightful and creative people I know, with a successful career and a fabulous life, so its not all bad news.

#40 Ards

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

Good luck Prue, I wish you all the best.

#41 jdl

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

I was aware that you had conceived the twins and am sorry to hear you have this stressful development. I wish you all the best, you and the babies and your husband. Keep hanging on - every day counts!

#42 jmsb

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:08 PM

A similar thing happened to me during my twin pregnancy - was put on strict bed rest at home at 28 weeks then at 32 weeks my waters broke - like you it was the naughty twin who was always giving me grief.  On strict bedrest in hospital we managed to keep them inside for 3 weeks until 35 weeks when, due to my size, I was very likely going to go into labour anyway.

The trick to the bed rest - stay positive, have date nights (where people bring you in meals from outside  and you eat with others) and expect to get huge - without any incidental exercise the weight piles on which is of course terrible for you but the best thing for the babies!!

Also once the bubs are born don't forget that it may be a bit difficult to walk because your muscles aren't used to it - it only lasts a day or so.

Best of luck!

#43 Natalie Tasses

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

My everything is crossed for you! Hoping that you and the babies are still safe as of this minute and that you have a restful few weeks in Hospital! sad.gif

#44 6plus2

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

bbaby.gif  bbaby.gif

Hi Prue

I too had my waters break and it happened at 29 weeks. I was put on bedrest at North Shore and the twins were not delivered until 34 weeks.

The best thing I did for myself in this period was to sleep and eat healthy nutritious meals. If you have someone that can bring all of your food it is acutually makes the time there bearable.

I really hope those babies stay put for a long time even though your body wants them out NOW!

#45 Helena Handbasket

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Good luck. Keep cooking little bubbas.

#46 paolab

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

Well done for doing everything you can, now you just need to focus on keeping them as long as possible, visualise it and know that you have a great support crew. No matter what they will be healthy, believe that original.gif . Then the fun really begins, wishing you all the best on the best journey ever.. motherhood.

Paola (www.borntosucceed.com.au)

#47 shell***

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

Hi Prue,

I hope they stay in for a few weeks yet - good luck. My waters broke early at 33 weeks and I was on bed rest until he came at 36 weeks - 2 days before I was deemed safe to be induced. Hold in there, keep yourself busy and try not to worry too much. Yes, easy to say.You will get very bored if you don't treat it like any other challenge and make it work.

You are in the best hands. The staff with do everything they can to care for you all and get the best outcome possible. It's actually comforting to have the regular tests so you know everything is ok with the baby. You never get tired of listening to that little heart beat. My baby had ABO incompatability and was in the special care nursery for a week under lights. It felt like we would never get him home after everything - 7 years trying to concieve, IVF etc but we did and he's perfect now. Just keep hold of the dream a little personal restriction now will be well worth it.

best of luck for you all.

#48 Rebecca Coates

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

Hi Prue
I had my twins at 33 weeks after a week in hospital monitoring growth and blood flow before an emergency c-section. They weighed 1464 and 1899 grams so for yours to be measuring 1500 at 29 weeks is fantastic. We were lucky that they were breathing on their own from birth and had no medical issues so our aim for the next 5 weeks was to get their weights up and get them breastfeeding. They came home 2 weeks before their due date.
So, I guess I'm saying that your little ones are a healthy weight if you have to have them early. Try not to worry and enjoy putting your feet up (although I think I went slightly mad that week I was in hospital before the birth!!).
Twins are such a joy, our girls are amazing little people. They are now 15 weeks old and doing really well.
Good luck.

#49 JuRu&Will

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

Just want to add my best wishes to the myriad you have already received Prue.  I too wish you many weeks of boredom and square eggs and a happy outcome.  Fingers are absolutely crossed for you xoxo

#50 Restraint

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Hope all is well Prue and you are managing the cabin fever OK. Best of luck and I'm thinking of you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.