Prue's twins have arrived!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 F.E.B.E

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

Prue wanted me to let you all know that her twins arrived last Sunday morning, 2 weeks after her waters originally broke. Two lovely boys!

Weights #1 - 1850gm, and #2 about 80gm less.

Mum and babies doing well and the boys are off oxygen.

I'm sure she will be in to do a full post once she us up to it.

What a ride it has been for her! Congratulations from the EB team.

#2 TwiceTheWoman

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

Congratulations Prue!  A great effort with an extra 2 weeks incubation on your behalf.  How exciting for you to finally hold your little babies and am so glad they're doing well.  Hope you are all ok with it it - emotionally and everything. xx

#3 ozbilby

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

Congrats Prue! I hope the boy's NICU journey is short and uncomplicated.

#4 Roobear

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

Congratulations Prue! Hope you can bring your boys home very soon.

Edited by ~peeka~, 18 March 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#5 Guest_Day-dream_*

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

Congrats Prue, have loved reading your blog, so glad that all three of you are doing well - just wonderful news x

#6 mayahlb

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

Congratulations! i hope they grow fast and healthy and your journey to taking them home is smooth.

Maya

#7 my*xmas*kiddies

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

Fantastic news Prue!!!

All the best for a quick hospital exit for the boys.

#8 B.M.C.M.I.E

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Congratulations Prue. Hope you're all home together in no time at all wub.gif

#9 A.K.A

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

Congratulations Prue on your boys! Hoping the stay in hospital is short and sweet, enjoy your new family!

#10 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

Many congratulations,
M

#11 ~Mintie~

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

Congrat Prue! I hope the boys and you are all doing well and you're able to enjoy some lovely newborn cuddles.
original.gif

#12 Razman

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:05 PM

Congratulations on the arrival of your little ones and for keeping them in the extra 2 weeks. Here's for a brief and boring NICU/SCN journey and may they come home soon.

#13 Guest_HappyLarry_*

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

eexcite.gif congrates!

#14 erindiv

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

Congratulations! Very well done on keeping those little boys in for an extra two weeks.

Can't wait to see photos wub.gif

#15 cordyline

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

Congrats and well done. Have enjoyed reading all about your journey.

#16 Amanda_R

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

OMG!  Massive congratulations!  Aww, one of the rare occasions that something on EB has made me cry.  Happy, happy tears, which I'm sure you are both shedding in bucketloads! You're a mum. hheart.gif

I hope your stay in hospital is short and uncomplicated, and you and those (I just know) gorgeous boys are home soon.  Can't wait to hear the names you picked, and of course I simply demand pictures!

So utterly happy for you guys. hheart.gif

ddance.gif

#17 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Congratulations and well done Prue! I hope your family is home together soon.

#18 TardisAngels

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

Congratulations Prue!! What wonderful news original.gif

All the best to you, your gorgeous lil boys and your hubby!!

#19 Steggles

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

Welcome little twins! Great sizes original.gif hope they are doing well and you are recovering with no issues original.gif congratulations!

#20 Therese

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

Congrats Prue and welcome to your little boys.  I hope they continue to do well.

#21 Rosabella

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

Congratulations Prue, wishing you and your family all the best for the future.

#22 mischiefmaker

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

Congrats Prue.  I'm so unbelievably happy for you.  I know how long this journey has been for you and A, but it's now paid off...two fold.  Your boys are utterly divine.   wub.gif  

All my love and best wishes.  xx

ETA: I'm absolutely dying to find out their names.

Edited by mischiefmaker, 18 March 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#23 prue~c

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

Thanks everyone!

It's all very overwhelming and it has been such a crazy week, and I still can't believe I have those two gorgeous boys. It doesn't seem real.

We had a very dramatic birth - there were no NICU beds at our hospital, and we were transferred to the nearest hospital with available beds, a two hour trip from home - at least it wasn't Newcastle or Canberra which were the other two on offer.

The labour was quite long, and I birthed #1 naturally, but then something happened - I still don't know what - and #2 ended up with an emergency C Section (general anaesthetic sad.gif) after a failed attempt with forceps

They are very beautiful, and a good size for their gestation, and are doing very well in the NICU. THey look very different to each other. #1 has quite dark hair while #2 is fair. My Mum thinks he may turn red!!

No names yet - we have one for #2, but Daddy needs to have a cuddle with #1 before we settle.

Ok that's all!! Off on a milk run - it's a two hour trip each way, so must get moving!

xoxPrue

#24 faithy

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

Congratulations Prue!! I'm so very very happy for you and DH.

I'm sure you're in very good hands as are Masters #1 & #2 - Theres always a chance of your bubs being transferred to a NICU closer to home soon.

All the best for the weeks / months ahead xx

#25 Razman

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

the NICU bed shuffle is so (not) much fun. I got ambulanced between my private hospital to the "bedrest" hospital and then to the "delivery" hospital chasing those essential NICU beds. Glad to hear your "only" 2 hrs from home and not Newcastle or Canberra. I got threatened with Liverpool and Newcastle but ended up near home.

While we were in a set of twins did get transferred back to where we were (their "home" hospital) when beds became available from a distant hospital so it does happen. Hopefully you get lucky and are moved back to your home hospital soon.

sorry your labour ended up a dramatic one but its wonderful your little men arrived safely and it sounds like you've already had some cuddles!! So a big ddance.gif  ddance.gif for cuddles!

take care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.