Prue's twins have arrived!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 ~Panda~

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

Congratulations! Wonderful news. Have we got names yet?!

How are you and the boys doing?

#27 Lea79

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

Congrats on the arrival of your twins Prue original.gif I hope their stay in the NICU is a short one and you can take them home ASAP.

I also delivered my twin 1 naturally and twin 2 by c/s. My twin 2 failed to descend as quick as they wanted and a vacuum and forceps didn't help either sad.gif I hope you are able to get some answers on what happened.

Take care,
Lea

Edited by Lea79, 22 March 2011 - 08:56 PM.

#28 *Lib*

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

Oh Prue! What a ride its been for you! I hope the boys are well and you are recovering well.

#29 Fillyjonk

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

Whee~~! Congratulations Prue - so glad everything is working out for you and I hope your boys are tough enough to come home soon biggrin.gif

#30 Benevolence

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

What wonderful news.  I am so happy to hear that the three of you are doing so well.

You got to experience both births (vaginal and c-section) in one go - how cool!!

Hope all continues to go well and make sure you come back to update on names.

#31 Ards

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

Congrats Prue, this is fantastic news!

#32 bubbanme

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

Congratulations ! Great news. Hope you're all home soon x

#33 Libster

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

A huge congratulations from one twin mummy to another! I am so glad your boys are healthy  original.gif

#34 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

Oh yay congratulations Prue & DH and welcome to your gorgeous boys!! So very happy for you  happy.gif

#35 silver-rain

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

Oh yay! Fantastic news, Prue! Congratulations on the arrival of your boys, can't wait to hear their names original.gif hoping they're home and keeping you awake really soon laughing2.gif

#36 Guest_onehappymum_*

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Congratulations Prue on the arrival of your boys! Welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood x

#37 hernette

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

Congrats Prue!

#38 SingleSweetPea

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

Congrats Prue - wishing your baby boys a quick journey from the NICU to your side. All the very best.

#39 mummyinahurry

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

Well done Prue - I've been following your journey and know it hasn't been an easy one. Big congratulations to you and your wonderful new family.

#40 JupitersMoon

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

Congratulations Prue!

#41 Ren30

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

Congratulations Prue!

#42 belsy

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:46 AM

Congrats Prue.  Been following your journey for a long time.  

Hope your boys have a swift and uneventful time in NICU and you and your boys are home soonx

#43 Indigoems

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

I love prue's blog.

Congratulations to prue  & family on your bouncing babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif baby boys !

#44 Razman

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

Is there any news on how the boys are going?

#45 Gone-Country

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

Congratulations Prue.  

I hope they boys are doing well and are on their way to getting big enough to come home where they belong.

#46 LynnyP

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

It is just the best news of all time.

#47 Sarie

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:56 AM

Congratulations Prue! I hope they are home with you soon.

#48 eigne

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

Congratulations Prue, I've been following your story and I'm so thrilled for you.

#49 prue~c

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

HI Everyone

I am so sorry I have been so dreadful at updating. It's been one month since the boys were born, but it feels like a year!

The boys have been moved back to our closer hospital and are doing really well. Hugo, the bubba, is breastfeeding like an absolute champion, and Theodore, his big brother, is still trying to get the hang of things. Theo is over 2.5kg now, while Hugo is rapidly catching up at just over 2.2kg. I am a brilliant cow and am very proud to say that neither of the boys have had to be comp fed with formula. I knew there was a reason the gods blessed me with such a gigantic rack! It's a shame there is no breast milk bank at our hospital, because our freezer at home is almost full, and I can't imagine having to tip that precious stuff down the sink.

We have our fingers crossed that they will come home by the end of next week, at what would make them 5wks5days or 37 weeks corrected age. Or something like that.

I still don't feel like a parent though. It's kind of like we are living in some kind of limbo, with life lived in the car, hospital and attached to the breastpump, interspersed with more driving, the odd coffee break and a quick shower before doing it all again. Hopefully its all good training for when they are home!

xoPrue

#50 Amanda_R

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

Gorgeous names Prue!  

And don't even try and apologise for not updating, you've just become a mum to twins, I think you can be forgiven lol. wink.gif Tounge1.gif

So happy to hear things are going so well for you all, fingers crossed your little men are home asap!  I hope you and A are both getting lots of rest while you can lol.

If it's any consolation I don't think I really feel like what a 'parent' should be even now, lol I know that I am, but there was never any change in 'me' as such.  We're still the same, we just have some little people now lol. Tounge1.gif

Oh I'm not sure what you're storing your milk in, but I found putting it in ziplock bags and laying flat til frozen was a much more space-efficient way to store the milk, I could stack up a lot more than I could when I used containers.  Defrosted much quicker too.

So good to hear things are going so well, I so want to see what your little guys look like. Tounge1.gif  

Take care!  hheart.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.