October 08 Parents # 73

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#76 meeskamouska

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

Oh My Goodness!!
That is such terrific news.
Congratulations.
A new baby. How lovely. I'm so happy for you Mands.

#77 Fabulous

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:33 PM

Mands- I hope you and bubs are doing well.  bbluestork.gif  He is going to look so cute in his teeny little nappies  wub.gif

I have just been organising a bowling party for S's 11th birthday. Just as well she only wants to invite her 4 closest friends otherwise it would send me broke. Not long to the school holidays. Hmm I'm not quite ready for them yet.

#78 themelster

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

Mands - a big congratulations.  I can't wait to hear how it all went.  I hope Danny hadn't left and was home for the birth.  Look after yourself and enjoy time with bubba (can't wait to hear name!) and make sure any visitors are at least helping you out  original.gif

Ros - Bowling costs a bomb doesn't it.  For a sport that seems to be dyeing out in the younger generation, they aren't helping things by how much it costs.  I guess it must take a bit of cashflow to keep the venue's up and running though.  

Bec - I'm glad to hear that Hannah seems to be on the mend.  There really is some nasty stuff going around.  Tom has been sick too, although not with gastro, just coughs and colds and the like.  We had to get him tested for Whooping cough but it came back all clear.  
Did you ever hear anything from that job?  A bit rude that you didn't at least get a courtesy call.

Nat - are you all fully healed now?  Things back to normal.  We were learning about prolapses in one of my lectures today and I thought of you.  

Sharna - healthy household yet?  I saw your facebook status about shin splints (or the like) recently - how is the running going?  I got shin splints last year and I literally had to stop running for a month.  It got to the stage where I couldn't walk downstairs without pain.  I have just started running again after the Bribie Tri.  It's amazing how much you lose in 2 weeks.....  I'm back down to 5km but am sure it won't take me too long to work back up again.

Hi to everyone I have missed.

I have my mid-semester BioScience theory exam tomorrow morning and the practical exam on Friday morning.  sh*tting my pants just quietly......  I hope I do ok.  I have put in HOURS of study.

#79 bec8112

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

Mel - No I never heard a thing about the job! How annoying! Glad Tom was negative for whooping cough. Yeah the nurses at the hospital said there is so much sickness going around at the moment :-( Good luck with the exam and prac, I am sure you will be fine!

Ros - I am glad I do not have to worry about school holiday yet, but I will be glad when they start school! LOL! A bowling party sounds like fun.

Mands - how is the littlest lapthorne boy doing?

Sorry no more time, I have got to bake something for Dave's smoko tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.