Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

SILVER! ddance.gif

#4 White-Lily

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

BRONZE!!  ddance.gif

I havent had a medal in ages original.gif

#5 JoRiCo

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Woo Hoo booby prize for me  biggrin.gif  Believe me I need some  roll2.gif !

Hey Girls,

Long time no post  blush.gif .

Leita- Congratulations on your BFP original.gif How exciting!!!

Dannii- Sorry to hear you are having a hard time TTC. We TTC'd for 3.5yrs to get Riley (DS2) and it sucked big time sad.gif Fingers crossed it happens soon.

AFM- Not much to report from us. Cohen is another cheeky little monkey. He has shown some interest in TT but I haven't pushed it yet.
He still has a day sleep but can go without it if need be, but he is not much fun by 5pm lol. Cohen also speaks well, he can say the s sound but tend to drop it in words beginning with S like Snake is Nake and Snail is Nail. \

I hope everyone is well and all the cheeky little monkeys are behaving.
Take Care
Dannii

#6 leita

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif  

WE JUST DID OUR FIRST WEE IN THE POTTY!!!!

ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif  

Hooray!! We've been trying to catch that for six months!! I'm excited. Mali just looked at me like I was crazy, dancing around and cheering.

laughing2.gif

#7 pink

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:14 AM

Go Mali!! cclap.gif  hahaha Leita, I'm sure our kids will look at us like that a million times in our lives Tounge1.gif

Dannii - glad you're all doing well. Jack misses his day sleep a lot lately and he isnt much fun at tea time either lol. I'm determined not to let him drop it yet tho so will have to come up with a plan

I am awake at 6am  yyawn.gif Jack woke at 5.30am and was really grizzly. Then it started  sick.gif my poor baby has never vomited before and he hates it!! He is now trying to sleep on my bed (surrounded by a bowl, some cloth nappies and a towel!) and I tried to sleep but dont think he has finished yet so think I'll take the early morning shift watching him and DP can take over once the big kids go to school.

In for a fun day it seems. Just hope the rest of them dont get it!!

#8 White-Lily

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

Woo Hoo! Way to go Mali!!

Hope you got to catch up on some rest Jo.

Shae has been sick, coughing and chesty again but seems to be getting better now. She is so miserable when she is sick.

ETA: What is everyone planning for Easter?

Edited by White-Lily, 04 April 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#9 mummabubba

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

Hi everyone!  sorry sorry sorry for being such a slacker.  must be what - 8 or 9 months or something since I posted?   ohmy.gif Nope - no baby news (my family is done done done!)!

I just wanted to say a big THANK-YOU to everyone on FB for all my birthday wishes - I felt really special.   biggrin.gif

We are all going well - Harry is a little champ.  still short but he's chubbed up a lot so I'm no longer worried about his weight.
He (finally) started walking at abut 21 months, so a real slow coach (remarkable like his father, really original.gif). And in the last month he's started talking a bit more - not a lot, but his vocab has grown heaps.  I think he's just a late walker/talker etc..  but he's so damn cute that i don't think it matters, and I don't think it's anything to get worried about - he's pretty clued up about everything else.  

He's still a complete mummy's boy (which I don't mind at all), and very, very cuddly.  He's at childcare three days a week, and we have a nanny for another couple of days a week which costs a bomb, but is worth it for the peace of mind, and makes me feel a little better about working full time.

Gotta run, but will check back in again soon!

Thanks again everyone - you made my day!!

#10 White-Lily

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hi Lisa! Happy belated birthday!

Shae is now dummy free  biggrin.gif We took it off her a few days ago and she didnt even ask for it at bedtime last night  eexcite.gif

#11 summerbub

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

That's great news Suzanne! Well done to Shae and you. biggrin.gif
Lisa, you slacko tongue.gif
Leita, fabulous news about Amalia's potty training! tthumbs.gif I understand how excited you are!!

Jo, how is Jack now? I hope it was just a quick little illness. Happy school holidays to you!

AFUs.... Noah has asthma. sad.gif Not fun. Poor monkey! A change in weather has done it this time. He is just coughing over and over.

Still going perfectly with toilet training - I would say that he is fully TT'd now. (APART FROM NIGHT TIME!!) Hey does anyone know when they TT at night? Is it like 4 y.o. or something?? I'm not in a hurry anyway!

I'm heading back to work 3 days a week from the 2nd of May. I'm excited as I have gorgeous new clothes to wear. Hahaha materialistic much? laughing2.gif Anyway I'll be working Monday Tuesday Wednesday each week. I think Eden will be a bit fragile at daycare, but she'll get used to it! She is a perfect little thing, but really doesn't like it when I'm not right next to her!

Alright I'll pop in again soon.
MMMMMWAH!

#12 LEGs-R-US

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

"WE JUST DID OUR FIRST WEE IN THE POTTY!!!!"
that is fantastic... I can not wait for this moment... I'm hoping this time next year.  Just the thought of not having to buy nappies.  Well done Mali!

ROBIN: bummer for Noah... did the doctor say if this is a long-term prognosis?  I'm not sure how asthma works... once you've got it does you always have it?

US: Not too much happening... I'm just a slacker!  Got my last week in my current job and am looking forward to it.  Off to Canberra on Monday to finish off some stuff (looking forward to two days without looking after the kids).  

TINKSTER: I was going to ask you... about Liams penis (hope you don't mind).  Do you know how long it will take to look 'normal'.  I went to the doctor last Wednesday and he said not to worry it is all badly swollen and bruised and it will go down.  Now all the swelling appears to have gone down but it just looks odd... like worse then before the operation.  I know this is going to help him with infections, fertility (etc) but in its current state I just feel the boy would be picked on.  Please PLEASE PLEASE tell me that what I"m seeing still isn't the finished product and to give it a couple of months.  I'm off to the doctors again on Thursday so will ask him then but seriously I look at it now and it is all lop-sided and looks well.. not particularly nice. Thoughts?

OK.. home alone so going to watch "Life as we know it"... any reviews? (thought Mark wouldn't like it... hence why I'm watching it).

PS: Tina, your cakes are fabulous... how did you make the lego blocks?  From what I could see you could eat the 'lego' as well as the cake.  Absolutely fantastic!

#13 tinkster23

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:05 PM

Haha I'm all about the penis questions!  To be honest I'm not sure, but I know that it can take AGES for the swelling to go down completely. If you are worried, just see your dr, but I do know that we often get calls from concerned dads a few weeks post op asking if it's normal, and most of the time it is

I can't believe some of these babies are toilet trained! Jack is no where near ready, but then again, given he doesn't talk it's pretty hard to assess.

In good news, we FINALLY got our titles on Friday so with any luck will be building in a few weeks

Hoping everyone is well

#14 White-Lily

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

Tinks  eexcite.gif Yay for finally getting th titles through!! We might be building ina  few weeks too, just have to hurry the bank along, the builder just needs the ok from them to get started!!

LEGs hope your last week in the job went well. How did you like the movie?

Robyn poor Noah!! Is he on a preventor? Shae is on flixotide 1-2 puffs per day and it has helped heaps. Then she has ventolin whenever she needs it
Yay for going back to work. Its great that you are able to go back part time too. Im sure Eden will adjust to daycare fine original.gif

AFM not much happening, my car is on its way out  rant.gif so annoyed as it isnt even that old, its just a lemon

#15 LEGs-R-US

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

thanks Tinkster... I went yesterday and he said it was all normal.  He actually laughed at me because comparing it to Ethan's and he was like "penis's do come in all shapes and sizes".  He reckons three months and the swelling will be done - as for all the bumps and bits on the sides he said that should be better with age.

#16 tinkster23

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

Good to hear legs. I remember once helping a little boy up out of bed post a hypospadius repair, I had dad and a male agency nurse helping, when I took off the dressing around it they BOTH went "oooh" and crossed their legs, I had to reassure them both that its ok, thats how its sposed to look!

original.gif

robyn- hope your 2 are on the mend now

suzanne- we're just trying to get all the finance stuff done again (since we've waited so long) which is annoying

#17 White-Lily

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

waves.gif

Jen good new s about Liam and everything being normal. Hope he continues recovering well.

Tinks so annoying, i hate banks

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter and the Easter Bunny (who i heard about non stop last night - Shae wanted to find him  wacko.gif ) is generous to everyone.

#18 NurseGladys

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Hi girls  waves.gif

Still here, just SUPER busy with work, study and family but have to say I am really enjoying work ATM, so love being in birth suite!!!!

Pop on occasionally to see what is going on with everyone.

Jen:- Glad to hear that Liam finally got his op!!!!  

Yay to everyone with TT, we aren't even on the TT radar yet (despite all my efforts!!!!)

AFU:- Just found out that DH is off to Christmas Island for work for FIVE MONTHS!!!!!!!  And just as we were about to TTC again - typical!!!!!!  Hopefully he will be back during O or the whole TTC idea will be on the backburner again.  Don't know how I will cope but, as always, will find a way to manage!!!!

Ok, gotta head off to work, am still here!!!!!

Me

#19 LEGs-R-US

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

wow ladies... so very very slow in here...

Happy Easter for yesterday.  We are at Loxton on the Murray (SA) at the moment.  It is lovely and so great to see the river in flood - first time ever.  

We head off tomorrow for camping with Marks cousins in a place called Cullulleraine - just on the Victorian border about thirty minutes from Mildura.  I am looking forward to it. Doing the massive grocery shop tomorrow - it is only for four days but as I normally shop every second day it feels huge lol.

NURSEG - Fantastic news on the TTC but bummer about DH.  Five months is such a long time... I really don't know how some of you ladies do it. Fingers crossed he can come back for the occasional babydance at the prime time.

Hope the Easter bunny made it to everyones place.

Jen

#20 pink

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hi ladies, just read back and I cant believe I havent posted for a month!  ohmy.gif It has been a pretty hectic month tho!

My last post in here was about Jack having gastro. Well exactly 4 weeks later and it is still in our house!!!  sad.gif  Its awful. All four kids have had it and it just wont go away. We spent 2 weeks at my Mums and they had it there as well. Poor Jack has lost 1.5kg (11kg again!!) and now has the runs pretty badly today. Hopefully it goes away soon cos his scrawny little body needs to put some fat back on. They have all had it 3 times!!

School starts again tomorrow! hooray! haha altho I just plan to sit on the couch all day. I am so tired from sleepless nights with sick kids and mountains of washing. The big kids will love being back at school tho and hopefully that keeps them well!

Megan - glad work is going well. Bummer about DH going away just when TTC was about to start! Hopefully you are lucky this  month. 5 months on your own seems like such a long time, hopefully it flies by!

Jen - enjoy the rest of your holidays. The weather should be lovely up that way.

WhiteLily - Did Shae find the easter bunny?? hehehe so cute!

We will have to do the easter bunny thing next year, we were all so sick that we didnt even bother sad.gif was pretty funny at midnight on Sunday night when DP got home from work all excited and said "what night do we put the easter eggs out? biggrin.gif. LOL he was so disappointed when I told him it was the night before and I hadnt bothered! Next year we will make up for it.

Time for me to listen to my relaxation tape and then try to nod off. My anxiety is a little up and down again at the moment, probably due to tiredness and stress! so hopefully with school comes routine again and everything will run smoothly. Hate the feeling of taking steps backwards again.

Hope everyone is well and has had a lovely Easter original.gif

#21 White-Lily

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

Pink hope everyone is over the nasty gastro bug and you have all settled back in the school routine.

LEGs hope you have enjoyed the camping trip, sounds like fun

Megan bugger about DH's job taking him away when TTC. Can he get any visits home?

AFU we have movement at our block!! Its been re-pegged and we have water, well a tap which i assume is hooked to water, LOL!! Site works late this week and a slab next week! I cant frikin believe something is actually happening!

#22 tinkster23

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

You are SO not allowed to beat me miss suzanne!!!

But congrats, all the same biggrin.gif

#23 White-Lily

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

What stage are you at now Tinks? Hurry them along!! which im sure you are already doing!!

#24 leita

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hi Guys!!
Sorry, have been MIA for a while... Morning sickness sucks. DH the darling bought me some ondanestron wafers earlier this week, I think he's a bit of over me laying around moaning all the time he he he. They do help with the nausea, magic drugs, but don't take away the horrid taste, bloating, tiredness etc... but, 10 weeks tomorrow, so all should clear up soon (sorry tinks!!)

Whitelily and Tinks have you started TTC yet? I seem to recall you were both going to go again some time soon??

Off to Holland for my SIL's wedding on the 21st- AWESOME!! She's getting married in a castle which I think is just so romantic, but castles are very common in HOlland, so perhaps it's more like getting married at the bowls club. Will have to wait and see. Tricky to buy a dress though....

Still managing to teach a few zumba classes each week, so can't be too bad- although I did have a lady ask me if I was expecting again  blush.gif so have obviously popped a little already (damn lycra work uniforms!!)

tongue.gif

#25 LEGs-R-US

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:50 PM

All this talk of ttcing... Makes me clucky...  I want you to have lots of babies so I can live through you.  

Glad first day back atwork went well robin.

Congrats suz.. Hope it happens fast.

Leita... Wow holland sounds fantastic and will come around in no time.

Me.. Back to work tomorrow.  Monday and Tuesday were good... Just don't like being the new kid on the block and not having any idea what the he'll is going on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.