Hi Ladies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ~didee~

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

My Name is Di and i am in fernvale Qld. We were one of 100 who were flooded in this town. we were all shocked and are still amzed on how little fernvale got mentioed. I have only ever seen pics on facebook of the floods here besides living it. Never seen it on telly, though i haven't been able to watch it. I kept all 3 of my boys away from the telly so they did not become more upset from the event. We have 1.4m of water through the house. Lost alot which the boys have been upset by. The go to ask for something and then realise that we don't have it anymore.
Its 11 weeks on and we haven't heard from Insurance We are with RACQ and there are 3 of us in my street alone with them. neighbours with allience and comsure have not been covered. Suncorp is paying but also people are still waiting for their money from them. we are paying for everything ourselves. I am not working but have had to do all work on the house as hubby has busted his back and now has 2 bulding discs and cannot do anything. Some of our friends are comming down to help us put walls up easter weekend as we don't have $3000 plus to pay someone to do it and plaster. Then we will have to paint as well. Not to metion skirting and furniture and vanities. the list is endless.

The flood were massive every where and everyone  were effected in some way. It makes me made when miss bligh won't pay people.

Thought a personal insight might make a difference somewhere.

Di

Edited by ~didee~, 02 April 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#2 hannahbug

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:34 AM

Di,

contact Hannahs Foundation in Laidley, you can register on our website ( i know Fernvale isnt Lockyer but register anyway) We have people willing to help we just need to know where.

If you ring me in the office I can also check with you that you have applied for every payment and grants that are available.  

www.hannahsfoundationappeals.org.au

Kat Plint

#3 ~didee~

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

Thanks Kat
I shall ring Monday arv as i have hospital appts for 1 of the kids tom. I have 2 kids that i am always going to the marter for testings and specailists.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.