65 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=859122

#2 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

I guess this is gold original.gif

Just popped in to see how everyone is going as we get closer to those first lot of school holidays.  What things are people planning?

Hope all is well with everyone

#3 mhjemma

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

Silver!!

Only 3 days to go until the holidays! Thank Dog!!!! I thought this year would be easier but I am more run down and under stress than anytime last year!

We are going camping for a few days over the holidays, then going to the in-laws for our traditional Easter egg hunt (3 hours away). The few days I am home will be spent organising my 3 huge boxes of 'stuff' (mostly crap i am sure!).

Chances of a sleep-in are 0, chances of taking some time for myself = 0. DH is a little self-absorbed at the  moment and I am struggling to be a patient wife with it all!

I want to hear what everyone else is up to, and how the first term of school has changed their gorgeous ones? Caius has become so much more independant, tougher and more resilient. He is also far more sooky and needy on occasions though.

I love this time in my child's life, love my job, love my husband.....but desperately in need of some 'me' time which despite the holidays doesn't look like I am going to get any.....

I will keep dreaming original.gif

xoxoxoxoxo
Mardi

#4 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

So sorry for the massively overdue post..  it's been so hectic over here with school, soccer etc..

Self absorbed post coming up feel free to skip  wink.gif

a couple of weeks ago I decided to go and see my gp - just wanted some happy pills as I've been feeling really stressed and overwhelmed..  she made me do a quick test whilst talking about other therapeutic options but when she saw my results she said "omg we have to start you on medication straight away" - I'm apparently off the charts for PND  ph34r.gif  blush.gif

I also got sent to a head doctor  ph34r.gif she wants me to go for cognitive behavioral therapy to try and work on my anxiety, stress, shyness when it comes to social gatherings etc..  I've been terrible since having Alec..  everything is stressing me out, I can't sleep, feel irritable all the time, worry about nothing etc etc..

First appointment with the shrink went really well.. she wants me to work on my sleep first.. so I'm under strict instructions to go to bed late (10:30ish), no naps during the day, have to get up at 6am every morning regardless of how little sleep I mightve had and then go for an hour long walk before getting the kids ready for preschool/school  blink.gif  apparently it'll wake me up and make for a good start to the day.. I also have to set an hour aside every day just for me - must do something I really enjoy (except sleep rolleyes.gif )

I'm glad I've finally gotten up and done something about how I feel etc - really excited about seeing some positive results.. not so sure about walking at 6am though but I guess if it'll will help me feel better then I better start doing it  tongue.gif

argh so much for catching up - Em wants my attention.. talk tomorrow when they're both at school!   waves.gif

#5 Starbuck

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

Lynny, I am glad that your first appointment went well. Facebook me for my phone number if you ever want to chat.  original.gif

Just quickly as I am massively behind with uni (due to campaign) and DH has gone overseas (house is disasterish) I am going to be in Sydney with the girls on Thursday 21st. I have a free day and would love to see as many Sydney Septemberries that are free and available. The kids can catch up.

Fiestycat, not sure where you are, is it Syd? If so, let me know, otherwise if not, I will send a Facebook message around to organise as I am trying to stay away from the time sucker that is EB.

Love you to all.

#6 Kay1

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:50 PM

Hey girls.

Lynny - I am so sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time. I had no idea. sad.gif But GREAT news that you are being proactive and seeing a good psychiatrist. I'm sure you'll be on the mend soon. original.gif

Kirsten - How is it going without DH? I hope you are coping ok. Whereabouts in Syd will you be? Will try to catch you. original.gif

I am flat chat here too. Been sick and Leo too, still not well. Am a bit worried he might have mumps as he's still miserable and there was a case at daycare. Last night he had the worst choking fit ever, he has burst all the blood vessels around his eyes from it. sad.gif On top of that I am still coughing (mycoplasma again) and got dumped heaps of work, which is good because we need the $$ but hard to fit in with sick kids etc.

#7 BronR

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

School Holidays!!! So survived term 1, 51 to go. LOL   Tounge1.gif

Kirsten. Wish I could catch up on the 21st. We are going away for a week from the 18th so won't be around. Disappointed as I haven't seen anyone since Mel's house when Leo was tiny.

Lynny. I had no idea you were struggling either but glad you are getting some help. Hope things start to look up.

Kay. Loved seeing Nate's soccer pics on FB. I teared up too so I can only imagine how you felt. Rory has been getting fascinated recently about people actually crying when they are super happy (who knows why or where he got this idea from) and I've been trying to think of examples for him as to when this might happen. This is a goody. I don't think he'll get it though.  rolleyes.gif Hope all the lurgies leave you guys alone soon.

Mardi. I so hear you on needing me time. I don't know when I'll ever get any.

Me. Most of you saw on FB I've had shingles and I am so over it. DO NOT GET SHINGLES (OK I know you don't "catch" it but still, the sentiment is the same).   nno.gif  I had 2 weeks off work. I went back last week but I'm still super ITCHY. And worse still the pain/itch is from under my right boob all the way around to the middle of my back and it hurts to scratch it anyway (no sores any more but the residual nerve pain for me is an unbearable itch). So I can't get any relief from it and it's driving me absolutely insane and it's also not a good look sticking your hand up/down your shirt to scratch your boob. I will go mental if it lasts mush longer but I know it can longer on for weeks and weeks. The doctor told me I needed a holiday. Well I am going on holiday in a week for a week. But somehow 2 Mums taking their 4 children away is not what she had in mind. Neither DH or the other Dad can have time off work so we decided we should go away rather than just stay home all holidays. Hopefully the rain will stop. I am already wondering what I will do with my 2 for the next 2 days here in Sydney with this rain that I believe has set in for the week. shrug.gif

OK enough misery form me. Happy holidays to all our 5 year olds. Rory is most looking forward to the 2 days later this week that we have booked him into holiday care. "Yaaaa, I get to go to after care for the whole day" laughing2.gif

#8 Kay1

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:02 AM

oh Bron that sounds terrible! OMG I am itching all over just thinking about it. You poor thing. I hope it goes away soon.

Weather report says good weather today so that's good. We are meeting some friends in the park today. Leo's in care Tues/Wed so Nate and I are going to the movies tomorrow and then he has a physio appointment at the hospital on Wed. They might cast his leg for a couple of weeks. Really hoping they don't, or it will be even harder to entertain him for the holidays! I've organised a couple of playdates and a meet up in the park with his whole class so that should be enough. I have heaps of work to do so I'll probably let him play computer or my iphone in the afternoons while I get some done.

Lynny - How are you feeling? I hope the drugs and therapy are kicking in already.

We are a little better, I am still coughing but only a little, Leo is still coughing but not as bad.... but he is really snotty now and Nate has started coughing again. We all feel ok though. I finally got back to the gym yesterday which made me feel better.

Ciao for now, kids are demanding more toast.

#9 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

I'm good thanks  original.gif   not quite so snappy at the kids anymore  blush.gif felt really good last week but the doctor reckons it's too early for the pills to be doing anything..  wont see actual results for another 2-3 weeks so maybe it's just the fact that I'm doing something about all of this that is making me feel better already  huh.gif  Crashed over the weekend and felt really yuck and down.. also getting a bad cold which isnt helping  unsure.gif

The psychologist really wants me to go to bed late and get up at 6am for a walk but I havent been able to do so.. how do you drag yourself out of bed at 6am when you've had a crappy nights sleep??  shrug.gif

Argh and I am so annoyed.. as some of you may have seen on fartbook - I got my first big parking ticket the other day (2 demerit points dammit).  DH has put a stat dec in to say that he wasnt the one driving at the time.  He wants me to take it to court as he's convinced I can get off it on the grounds that the sign was damaged and barely visible from the street etc.. The thought of going up infront of a room full of people in court freaks me out and is sending my anxiety levels rocketing.. I'd much rather just pay the $250 and take the demerit points  ph34r.gif I've never lost points before so I'm not worried about losing 2..  but does that sound stupid?? being too scared to go to court I mean? huh.gif

Kay - glad to hear you're all finally getting a bit better.. nothing worse than being sick and having to look after a sick house  sad.gif  Hope Nate doesnt have to have his leg put in a cast again, poor thing.  I've actually managed to put Damian into vacation care for 2 days a week just to give him something to do.  I picked all the exciting excursion days so he's got something to look forward to each week original.gif

Bron - yay at surviving term 1  laugh.gif so sorry about the shingles - sounds absolutely horrible!

Kirsten - hope you're coping okay without DH.  I'd love to catch up but I've got a hectic day that day  sad.gif  Both kids in care - Damo's got another parade thing to go to..  then my dad's b/day on friday  wacko.gif

Argh I have to close for now and come back later..  headache and snotty nose that needs tending too - not to mention a mountain of housework before DSD comes tomorrow  ffear.gif

Hope you're all keeping well and that those who are going away for the holidays travel safe!  hhugs.gif

#10 Kay1

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

Not silly Lynny, I totally understand (and I used to stand up in court daily for a living!). But I have sat in on a lot of those things and you will be fine. No one else in the court room pays any attention to the person up front until it is their turn. You can hand in written evidence (a letter with photos etc) and the magistrate should be able to make a decision based on that and just might ask you a couple of questions. The worst that can happen is that you still have to pay the fine. original.gif Plus you're young and cute I reckon you'll definitely win!  wink.gif

OMG just had the worst scare. Caught up with friends at the park this morning and left my camera on the side of the road when I was packing up the car. I didn't realise til I'd been home a while. Raced back at the speed of light freaking all the way and some kind person had left a note to say they'd handed it in. PHEW!! Poor Nate was so upset because I was.

#11 MaryfromtheDairy

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:33 AM

Hey all

Lynny - I had no idea you were having a tough time.  I'm glad you seem to be getting good support now.  My mum went on happy pills a while back and the effect was almost immediate.  We think it was just the relief of knowing she wasn't going to have to keep feeling like that.  I know what you mean about not wanting to go to court and don't think its being silly.  I guess its a matter of whether you think the stress is worth the $250.  Good luck either way.

Kay - sorry to hear you're still all coughing.  So lucky with your camera!  Good things happen to good people.

Mardi - enjoy the school holidays, I like the sound of a nice break without your DHs!

Jac - when does Ross get his results?

Kirsten - how is uni going - have you caught up?

Well, its COLD here today.  I have been struggling this month with stoopid chemo.  My blood counts (red & platelets) have been slightly below the normal range, but not low enough to stop me continuing.  Have no energy and feel cold all the time.  Now I've got a sore throat.  I see my onc on monday, so will discuss it then.

Kids are well.  William has been a bit unsettled, need to get him back to the shrink I think.  Cait got an award in assembly this morning.  We aren't doing anything for holidays.  Hanging around the house and trying to stop them from killing each other I think LOL.

Love to all I've not mentioned - you're all regularly in my thoughts.

R

#12 Kay1

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

R - Sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Sounds really tough. Sorry to hear William's struggling too, I guess he's got a lot to deal with as you all do. I didn't know Cait was at school - you must start earlier in ACT. Congrats to her on the award. original.gif Let us know what the onc says on Monday.

Just back from physio. She wanted to cast Nate today because his range had deteriorated so much last time we saw her. Anyway its totally turned around in the last 5 weeks and is really good now so no cast, yay!! We have been really vigilant with his stretching and wearing his cast at night so it obviously paid off. He is being such a doll at the moment, its like he's suddenly grown up and its like having a little man around the house some times. wub.gif Other times he's still a baby fighting with his brother etc LOL. He is completely obsessed with maths atm. He spotted a times table poster at the shops yesterday and begged me to buy it then spent hours poring over it last night. He drills me with maths questions ALL day long and I HATE MATHS!!!!  cry1.gif

I'm going to have a meeting with the teacher when we get back because he is insisting I teach him things and I am really not sure I am teaching him the right way. He seems to have a knack for numbers. The other day he asked me for the first time what our phone number is and I told him, just once. Then 24 hours later he just quoted it back to me. I nearly fell over.

Better go, I am drowning in work at the moment. I think I also threw out the kids shoes yesterday ddoh.gif. I last saw them in my hand in the backyard when I decided to pick up some garbage and now they are gone. Garbage man came this morning. cry1.gif I am terrible at the moment, burned pots, lost camera, thrown out shoes....what is wrong with me??!!

#13 MaryfromtheDairy

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

Kay - our school has an unusual (for canberra) setup.  Cait is in 4yo preschool, but it is part of the k-6 school, and all the kids do assembly together.  (actually, being a new school it's still only p-3, every year they go up a grade until its p-6)

That's Fantastic about Nate not needing a cast!  I know what you mean exactly about hm being a little man.  I think that about Wil sometimes (when he's being good).

Reason I popped back - I just heard from RPA show.  I will apparently be on the first 2 episodes of the new series, 4 and 11 May.  (may change).  I am so excited to see the replay of the week my life changed, but really nervous too.  They asked if it was ok to pass my number to their PR dept to maybe do a magazine article or something.  I feel really weird about it - like I'm tryng to be a publicity pig, but then, someone needs to wave the flag and help raise awareness of this bloody thing.  I just wish it didn't have to be me.  

#14 Kay1

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

I wish it didn't have to be you too Renee. bbighug.gif But I will definitely watch it and I know you'll make an excellent flag waver.

#15 Kay1

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

I didn't think I'd be asking this question for a long time but is anyone else's Septemberry showing signs of noticing the opposite sex?  huh.gif Today we had a heap of people over for a BBQ and there were lots of kids, mostly girls. After they left we were talking about them and I asked Nate who he liked the best. I expected him to say this little tomboy girl that is his age but he said "the girl that looked like an indian"... laughing2.gif One of the girls (about 7) was wearing leather boots with tassles and had LONG black hair in plaits. I asked why her and he said "I'm not telling".  Later I mentioned it again and asked if it was because she is pretty and he said yes (she is VERY pretty) and was all shy about it. DH was so chuffed LOL. I am quite surprised though as I honestly didn't think he noticed or had an inkling of anything like that just yet.

Edited by Kay1, 17 April 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#16 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:22 PM

Hi Everyone

Kay, I hate Maths as well, I have an agreement with DH, he looks after the maths and science side of things and I look after the English and history side.  So far so good.  I have noticed that Elizabeth isn't really playing with the boys any more, at child care she had 'her boys' that she played with all the time, I think it was because she was able to boss them around.  Now she plays with the girls and I hear the odd negative comment about boys instead.

R, hope all goes well with your treatment and the sore throat goes away

Lynny, hope that you keep feeling better, pnd is the pits.

Bron, hope that the itching settles down soon for you

Kirsten, thanks for the invite but I live in Melb so I hope that you have a great day.  Good luck with your DH away and with uni.  Hope the election stuff went well for you.

Mardi, I like the idea of DH free time as long as he took the girls with him original.gif

AFM We have just celebrated Rhiannon's first birthday today with family and friends, she turns 1 on Tuesday.  I think Elizabeth has found it hard to share the limelight just recently as Rhiannon is now starting to really walk and get into everything as well as the party and all the preparation for it.  So I think some lessons in patience are coming up around here.  Elizabeth has had a good first term, her bgls are all over the place but that is nothing new.  Recently I have noticed that Elizabeth's numbers really go haywire in April and September, not sure why though, just a pattern.  I have noticed this term that she has her best friend but is no longer really playing with her.  There is some talk about the little girl not coping with some things, that is one of the good sides to Steiner, the kinder and prep children are in together so differences don't really stand out.  I am a bit sad to see this as the little girl looks a lost at times.  Elizabeth is joining in with the other children more this year, which I do think is a good things as last year it was just the two of them against the world.  In our school holidays we are going up to the local library for their activities which Elizabeth enjoys, going to the park where possible and this week we are going to make some Easter chocolates.  

Happy Easter Everyone

#17 butterflies

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

OK who started a new thread and didn't tell ME?  biggrin.gif  I just thought everyone was having busy holidays.

Happy 1st Birthday Rhiannon!!hope you have a wonderful day

Lynny so sorry that you have been feeling that way but glad that you have been getting the help.  I second the walk in the morning, I would LOVE to be able to do that every morning, but as DH leaves for work usually before 5am, I am not getting up that early to go for a walk and obviously can't leave the kids at home by themselves.

Lil Wil I wish it wasn't you either having to go through this sh*te.  I hope it all went well with your onc yesterday.

Kay you sure have one smart boy there, are the teachers doing alot for him at school to further his learning and keep him occupied?  oh and on the forgetfulness, I am SO bad at forgetting things, I forgot to take Paris to band 2 weeks in a row (she forgot too though)  and a list of other things I have forgotten is just awful, I just get so angry at myself for forgetting so many things.  Oh and you can't be pg can you?  wink.gif

Bron I hope you are feeling better and relaxing on your holiday even though the kids are there, just let them watch tv 24/7  cool.gif

Well I think that was all, nothing happening here today, Paris is off to the movies with a friend to see Justin Bieber  huh.gif  and Lani , Zahli and I are stuck here waiting for the garage door man to show up.

We had a great time at the gold coast last week, went to 3 parks and exhausted the kids.

My body is not having a great time atm, I have been put on meds for high BP, taken off the pill and had a mirena inserted OUCH!! nearly as bad as childbirth, and now have been bleeding for over a week when before AF would come for 24hours.  I am over being a woman and all the sh*te that comes with it.  Also have been booked in to see a sleep specialist as I may (I bet I do) have sleep apnoea hence the tiredness EVERY day, but can't get in til July.  Also Lani has been booked into the ENT again to see about her hunormous tonsils and her snoring.  Great bunch we are.

Anyway off to watch Megamind with the kids before we have to take it back to the shop.

#18 MaryfromtheDairy

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

Karina - that Mirena doesn't sound right...?  Have you spoken to your doc about it again?  Maybe give it a month or so to settle down?

#19 butterflies

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

I didn't start bleeding straight away, It started when AF was meant to start (I had to finish the pill too so I knew when AF was going to arrive)  I have an appointment with the gyno again 6 weeks after insertion  mellow.gif so I will just wait til then, but if there is another week of af I will go to the GP cause I am not liking this

#20 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

Happy Mother's Day everyone, hope that you all were spoilt.

Hope that everyone is okay

#21 Kay1

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

Hi Everyone,

Had a great Mother's Day. Got breakfast in bed and some pressies. Very nice. Then we had a lovely brunch picnic at a harbour park/beach. It was lovely.

Hope everyone else had a great day.

All well here, nothing much to report.

Karina, I hope you are feeling better now.

#22 Kay1

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

Hey girls, just coming in for a group virtual hug. I was just at the gym and the RPA ad came on and I very unexpectedly burst into tears. sad.gif I am sure we are all feeling the same.

Thinking of you Renee, I will be out tonight but will record it. We all love you. wub.gif

#23 MaryfromtheDairy

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

bbighug.gif

Thanks Kay!!!  And sorry for making you cry!  tongue.gif  I found that second episode really hard going the first time, but watched it again today and was able to enjoy it.  Love my cute kids!

Speaking of which, I should probably go play with them...

#24 ~LisaJ~

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

Morning ladies, remember me!!

I never seem to get in here anymore, thank goodness for Facebook or I would never know what you guys were up to original.gif

Had a really quick scan so I will respond to those posts original.gif

Lynny - Glad you are getting your PND sorted. I got it quite bad after I had Alannah and am still on ,y happy pills. I am certainly not about to stop them now!! Too much stress here! Hope the therapy helps xx

Jac - is everything ok? Your FB status doesn't look fun sad.gif  I must have missed what was going on but I am sending you lots of love from here sweet xxx

Renee - I cried my way through the last half of last weeks episode. I just can't believe how strong you are! Well actually I can, you are an incredibly stong woman and I truly believe that you will get through this. Your children are beautiful, I can't believe how much they have grown up!! <3 <3 <3

Karina - Your experience is why I didn't get the Mirena! The same thing has happened to 2 of my friends. I have told DH he will just have to get the snip!

Mardi - Saw you went camping again (or was that the same one, lol!), did you end up getting the camper trailer??

hugs and kisses for everyone else.

I have been sick here and am thinking I am just run down. I have had 7 assignments due over a 3 week period. 6 down, 1 to go. Then my exams start in 2 weeks, 4 weeks of block prac and then I am half way there!! We are off to Bali in the break and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of school I have to leave in 5 minutes and I am still in my towel so better move!
Mwah to everyone, hopefully I will get back in here soon.

Lisa
x

PS - I really need to update my signature!!

#25 mhjemma

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

waves.gif Hello gorgeous Septemberries!

Since I am taking a sickie today I thought I should take the time to pop in and say hello.

Lisa - I hear you on being run down. An overnight camp last week knocked me out! I was up until about 1am consoling a distraught boy who missed his mummy, then up at 6am running up and down hills trying to keep up with the crazy kids! Loved it, but now have a lovely head cold to deal with.

No, didn't go camping again. Same trip. Won't be buying a trailer until the end of the year if we are good and save up!

Lynny - Glad to hear that you are getting on top of depression. It is such a rotten thing to have. Hope its all smiles from now on xoxo

Renee - As I have said before, you are amazing. Where are you at now with treatment and progress? Hoping it's all positive.

I guess I had better go and pick Caius up from after care. I am enjoying the peaceful house though! Might have to take another sickie tomorrow to make the most of this cold!

Take care lovely ladies
xoxoxoxo
Mardi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.