February 2010 Parent Group #27

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#26 L&E

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

Congratulations Karen...how exciting!!

I have a Christmas baby (Lachie's birthday is boxing day) and it's never stopped us from having a party and a great time. He actually quite likes the "present-a-thon" of Christmas and birthday together.

Hi to everyone else!!! Am on my phone lying in bed so will get back to do w better post when I've got the laptop.

Lisa

#27 tam1979

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

Happy Easter everyone, hope you are all enjoying the day. DH is on night shift so I am waiting for him to get up so we can give Arwen her first taste of chocolate!

#28 tam1979

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

Arwen is finally walking!

Hope you are all having a nice easter break.

#29 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

eexcite.gif arwen.

Hope everybody had nice easter and didnt over indulge in choccies.

Saturday night A i think had too much excitement through the day and it took til 11pm for her to finally go to sleep.  We had gone for a drive to Portland Vic (1hr away) to meet up with some old friends.  One of them had a 8yr daughter who doted over Amber playing with her on the playground equipment, carrying her about everywhere.

Sunday night she went down as normal at 8pm sleeping through til 7.30am but last nite she went down but woke an hour later wanting to play and wasnt til 10.30-11pm again but this time think it was more windy problems because she let an almighty ripper go  blush.gif and then she relaxed and went to sleep within seconds.

Amber is walking around a lot more unassisted but still not confident and wobbly but we keep encouraging her with her walking frame toy, taking it to nanna's etc and i bought her a doll pusher so she can cart her baby doll around in (she loves her baby and takes it to childcare as a comforter).

Anyway must go.  Will do personals next time.

waves.gif

#30 three 4 me

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

tam1979 - hooray for arwen! what a nice easter present! how did the first bit of chocie go? it was maxim's first taste ever - loved it of course! yeah, dp & i decided to get hitched - it's kinda going to be really really low key - we're flying out to uluru and having a sunset wedding. idea is to have a holiday/wedding/honeymoon all combined - so my mum and dad, dp's dad and stepmum, dp's aunt and uncle and my brother are our only guests and they can all take turns at looking after maxim while dp and i frolic!

Hope everyone had a happy easter!

Edited by first time mama, 27 April 2011 - 02:20 PM.

#31 Stained

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

HI all!
Sorry to keep you all in suspense! I have to run out so wont do personals but just wanted to say that FTM your wedding sounds beautiful!
And CONGRATULATIONS KAZZA!

So my scan put me a week behind what I am fairly certain my dates are so I am trying not to be concerned. I cant say I am feeling a whole lot better about the whole thing just yet but I am still hopeful that it will come with time.
Thank you all for thinking of me.
ALM No I didnt announce on FB so please dont say anything wink.gif My parents dont even know yet. I just dont feel like talking about it so only a few of my close friends know at this stage.
Anyway I had better run. Hope you all are well!

#32 Gone-Country

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a good Easter break.

Stained - good luck with everything. My dates were put out a week with Thomas too, and I was certain of my dates as we were actively TTC.  I think of you often and wonder how you are going.  One day at a time hey.  xx

ftm - your wedding sounds amazing!

ALM - My eldest DD learnt to walk a lot better behind a doll stroller as well.

Tam - yay for Arwen.  There will be no stopping her now!

Pregnant ladies - I hope you are all faring ok.  Snicker, have seen your pics on FB and you are looking great again this time around!

AFM - We had a good Easter, spent 4 days in Dunedin at my BIL and SIL's place.  The girls had a ball. Thomas wasn't well, but he coped well considering.

Quick question... does anyone else's baby (are they still 'babies'??) have a temper?  Thomas has developed a temper blush.gif. He will either scream or throw something when he can't get his own way, or when he is told not to do something. Quite a few times I have been on the receiving end of a flying toy! (Ouch!).  I tell him we don't throw toys, use a firm voice and if he is on my knee at the time he gets put onto the floor (which normally results in more throwing of things!).  Just wondered if I am alone or need to be concerned. I do believe he picked some of this up from his sisters. ninja.gif

My girls go back to school on Monday - yay! I've enjoyed having them home, but man oh man it's time they went back.  I am over the attitude and the arguing - and the MESS!

That's all from me for now. Sorry to those I missed. Hope everyone that didn't get a mention is well.

Lisa

#33 tam1979

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

Lisa - Arwen has a temper too, she lays down on the floor either on her back or tummy and kicks her legs crying. This definatley comes from her brother! He has a shocking temper  wink.gif

Snicker - good that you are taking things one day at a time, when is your next scan? Hopefully you will be more at peace with the situation by then  original.gif

FTM - your wedding sounds so nice and relaxing! It will be pretty warm by that time of the year wont it?

Arwen is going through a growth spurt I think, she is eating so much at the moment and having one big sleep (2-4hrs) a day as well as 12hrs over night (with waking at least once normally).

#34 Stained

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Oh Micah has a SHOCKING temper. He asks for something and I try to give it to him and he screams at me and hits it out of my hand. It is exceedingly frustrating! From now on he is just not getting it until he can be civilised. I think he really needs some words!

Tam I assume you mean me and not snicker? I dont think there are any plans for me to have another scan unless there is a need... I want Arwen's sleeping! Enjoy it while it lasts!

L!sa Enjoy the break of those kiddies back at school! I cant imagine just having one at home all day!

AFU... Quiet weekend I think. Next weekend I (well mostly DH) am going to try to cut out Micah's between 4 and 5am feed... I am over it. I want him sleeping through so I can get some decent rest for a few months before starting again. But I know he is stubborn at that time of morning. I am just hoping if it is Rob that goes in to him he will give up quickly. He certainly doesnt need the feed, it is just habit and I have no doubt as soon as I dont give it to him in the night he wont want it at all.
Enjoy your weekends!

#35 eidel

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

Hello ladies,

Just reading and not posting much lately.  I've been slowly getting over this chest infection, still the stupid cough hanging on but at least no more chest pain.  Easter I had a stomach bug too, so spent the night face first in the toilet!  I've never been one to get so many sicknesses, must be getting old!

L!sa  Elke has a shocker of a temper too.  She is mental sometimes, I'm sure she's worse than Heidi was.  Having had two girls close'ish together before, do you think the second one had to learn fast how to defend themselves?  Elke still pinches, hits and pulls hair.  Plus she whinges all day!  Apparantly, my nick name use to be Grizelda when I was little, so it's now been passed on to the next generation.  

Stained Hope you're feeling better.  Won't you have a scan at 20 weeks?

Kazza  Congratulations.  You really sound like you've taken to motherhood like a duck to water.  I love your posts as you sound so in love with being a Mum.  

AFM  Really struggling with motivation for Uni.  Although I did have to visit a national park as part of an assignment, so we all loaded up the picnic basket and headed off to some nice waterfalls close to Hobart on Saturday which turned out to be a lovely day and DH loved it.  We don't go out for long day trips like that, but made a pact that we need to do stuff like that more often.  DH just loves spending time with his 3 girls, and it makes me so happy to see him really enjoy being with us.  Anyway, back to the weekly grind.

#36 three 4 me

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

heidelke - sounds like a fabulous assignment - what a lovely way to spend the day!

tam1979 - maxim is also having a major sleep during the day - it can go for 2, 2 1/2 hours generally after lunch, if he sleeps for more than that i tend to wake him up by 3.30pm - i get worried it's too close to his bedtime (generally about 6.30pm/7pm)

L!sa, Stained - maxim also has a temper on him and yes, i still call him a baby most of the time.  when he is cranky and getting frustrated I ask him to sit down until he finally does, then i tell him he's a good boy for sitting and give him his sippy cup or get a book out to read to him and it seems to make him forget his tantrum.

thanks guys for your kind words about my wedding plans, we really wanted something nice with no fuss, a beautiful backdrop and a chance for all of us to eat some good food, and have fun. my only bit of splurging is flying out a professional photographer - my father drives me nuts when taking photos, by the time he's clicked the camera the moment is well and truly gone and everyone is scowling or looking impatient in the picture lol!

DP and I took maxim to mogo zoo on teh weekend - he LOVED the animals and the highlight was handfeeding the deer, lots of giggling was had - very very cute!

we're finally enrolled for proper swimming lessons - our first one is tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.

#37 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hi waves.gif  - I have been reading but really tired of late to actually post.

Last Wednesday DP decided he did want to go to adelaide for a little overnight trip so at 3pm madly packed up and took off. (It not as easy with a 15mth old to just pack up and take off like we used to - only thing I forgot was a bottle but managed to get one - do you think could find a supermarket open after 9pm or IGA grocery shop that actually stocked baby bottles - ended up getting one from a petrol station of all places!).  Went shopping @ Big W and DP wanted to look at cars.  He wanted to take her to the zoo, but thinking she was just a tad too young to actually  appreciate it and the cost to get in decided next year would be better (if knew FTM took Maxim and enjoyed it would have reconsidered).  She travelled reasonably well although didnt sleep mcuh on the way to Adelaide (4hr drive) but fell asleep with less than 1/2 hr to go.  Had to wake her up to get her into the cabin and while we set the portacot up.  She was wide awake so let her play for a little bit and then gave her a bath (9.30pm)  Gave her a bottle but she was not ready for bed now was she LOL.  Tried everything til point we were knackered, it was midnight and thought she may be still thirsty so gave her more milk and I dont like doing it but gave her the bottle, laid her down and she went to sleep drinking on the bottle but I did take it from her when I could hear she had stopped and was snoring.  The next morning we left the cabin and drove to go shopping....not half hour down the road she was zzzing.  (making up for lack of sleep night before!).  We left to come home at 3ish and she went to sleep for the first hour only getting sick of the car with only half hour to go til we were home.

DP went back to Adelaide by himself this week and came back with a 2006 XE Omega commodore. We will use it as the 'family' car - I wont use it around town as it guzzles too much fuel around town and we quite ok using my little car.  Instead of having to change around car seats decided we would go and buy a new one for this car, only a babylove one but did the trick.   (We have a car seat in all our cars now).

Teeth - she has 16 toothy pegs now so hoping that we can take a rest for a few months/year now LOL although they really havent given her too much grief getting them.  Childcare at end of month is having the school dentist come and will quickly check the LO's teeth with the parents consent (only lifting top lip - not a full check and if concerned will contact parents).  think it is a great idea.

Walking  she is walking everywhere now - wants to run but not to that stage yet altho no lack of trying.  I finding it better now she is walking as she is just too heavy for me to be carrying even short distances.

Food  Loves nearly everything - except we found out the other night after deciding to brave the odour of tuna.  she refused it to point she refused entire tea til we changed the spoon and took the tuna away (had mushed it with only a bit of her food - in event she didnt like it).  She ate it in teh rafferty gardens satchets prior to eating lumpier food but not now.  Weird child.

Childcare  She now does both days at ABC learning rather than nanna looking after her, altho any extra day that I pick up at work nanna will do - thinking she felt a little sad that her childminding day ended.

Bottles I have been trying to wean the actual bottle giving her milk from sippy cups -- doing okay - will have milk from her sippy cup feeding herself it laying down in the morning but I just cant break the habit from giving her the bottle myself at night before bed, it is my cuddle time.

anyway have MG soon and she is still zzing (didnt think she would sleep this long - it been an hour and there was work being done 2drs up with a jackhammer)

Hope everybody is good.

#38 eidel

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

Happy mother's day!  I hope you all get a good lie in this morning and some 'me' time.  I've already eaten chocolate cake, pretty much straight after breakfast.  All I want is to go for a walk by myself in the afternoon.  Having 2 kids, just walking without pushing a pram or stopping every 5 seconds for some distraction is a nice thing.  I might even request a supermarket shop by myself!   Ooooh, the little things.

#39 *~*ME*~*

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

Happy mothers day ladies!

#40 Gone-Country

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

JUst a quick reply until I have more time...

A bit late but I do hope that everyone had a Happy Mother's Day. xxxx

#41 eidel

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hello..o..o...o (that's an echo.)  I'm just bumping us up!  How's everyone going?  Those little monsters are way to mobile, hey?  

How are you going Stained?  Thinking of you and hope that you don't feel like you can't vent in here cause you're 'supposed' to be filled with unquestionable joy at the moment. I read what some other insensitive people wrote in your other thread, and I hope you take those comments and bin them.  You have every right to be feeling anxious.  

How's the study going LisaT?  I'm supposed to be doing a silly assignment that's due on Monday, but am finding the motivation is lacking alot.  I've only got 1 year to go til I finish (after 6 years!) so I'm really over by now, but keep plugging on.  It'll be worth it.  

Anyway, not alot happening here.  Girls both going well.  My sister sent me a belated Christmas pressie (she got knocked off her push bike before Christmas, never sent it til now), which was a electronic bongo drum that makes these funny tropical sounding (think cheesy cruise ship) songs, and Elke just loves it!  She dances and wiggles all over the house then runs back to try and turn it on again when the music stops.  So cute.    

#42 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

Hello Heidelke, I heard your echo.

Hope everyone had a great Mother's day.  I got a card and a wooden flower half painted with picture (photocopy only) stuck of Amber on it from Childcare.  It is great they do these little things with the children. I certainly will be cherishing this for years to come.

bubbas are definitely way too mobile now.  Gone are the days when they werent even rolling so could sit and watch a full episode of tv program or finish the coffee or doing the ironing and dishes - now every 2-4 mnutes have to get up or stop what I am doing to find out where in the house she has disappeared to.  I decided I would invest in another baby gate which was only 40 from target this week.

Anyway must go.  

#43 Stained

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hi all!
It has been soooooo quiet in here!
Elke sounds super cute with that bingo drums! Sounds like my boys with things that make music!

I am actually ok with my kids being mobile. They require far less entertaining when they can get to what they want... Except for picking up the insides of the cupboards 10 times a day wink.gif

I am doing ok... Morning sickness is a b**ch! I havent been vomiting much but spend a lot of time feeling like I am going too!
I still wouldnt call me excited but I am ok about it. The last few nights Gabe has slept all night in his own bed and Micah has weaned himself off his last 5am feed so I am hoping he will start sleeping through soon. So maybe things will get better around here...

#44 L&E

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Hi Ladies! Been ages since I've had a post in here, so sorry for being slack sad.gif

Stained I'm glad to here that you're feeling in a better place about this surprise bubba. I'm sure everything will come together beautifully for you. And WOW at Gabe and Micah's sleeping!

ALM That mothers'day present sounds gorgeous! It certainly is a different game when they are mobile, that's for sure!

Heidelke - Aww, Elke sounds gorgeous with the drum. wub.gif  I hope you got the assignment sorted in time, I'm sure you will have done beautifully. And the end is so close now!

L!sa I saw on Facebook that Lily did extremely well in gymnastics - Yay!! You must be  a very proud mummy!~

ME I hope your pregnancy is going well.

Hi to anyone I've missed there - so much to catch up on!

Everything plugging along here, Elliot is at a gorgeous age, he is learning so much every day! He is quite the little chatterbox, and will often copy a lot of words that we say (usually never to be said again though), and he's got a couple of words that he uses all the time, in context, which is great. Things like "more", "bath", "cug" (cuddle), and "nonononono!" (not so sure I love that last one though!) I'm finding it great that he can communicate to me. Has anyone else's LO created their own words? Elliot calls a drink of water "Gon"and I don't know why  shrug.gif  but at least I know what he's asking for when he says it.

We're making slow progress with Lachie, but it seems to be moving foward most days. Poor little man really just struggles with doing anything that requires concentration (you know, like EVERYTHING!) and it's quite hard to keep patient with him when he half does things all the time.  rolleyes.gif  DH and I are crossing our fingers that E isn't quite so...umm....frustrating? But I'm sure he will be, aren't all kids?

We're off on a long weekend down the gold coast this weekend, and I'm so excited! It's our first proper little holiday since Elliot was born (not just staying at my parent's unit at the Sunshine Coast, which I don't count  unsure.gif ) I love staying in hotels.

We've had a bit of a scare over the past few weeks, you may have seen my post elsewhere in the forum. My AF is very very late (it was due on about the 23rd of April) and still hasn't shown. Three HPT's have shown a negative result so the healthcare line told me it's probably just a side effect of my pill. Crossing fingers that it arrives this month and I've just skipped a cycle.  hands.gif  We're not organised for another bubs just yet. Plus, we'd really like to have the chance to "plan" our next baby since I've never planned one before! I'm assuming that 3  BFN.gif  would be fairly reliable, and we made sure to use a couple of different brands.

A quick question - how many/long day sleeps are your LO's having at the moment? Elliot is still having two, though yesterday and today he's taken a lot longer to settle for the afternoon nap than he has before. He doesn't sleep long at either nap, so I can't really imagine he's ready to go to one long sleep (since he's not sleeping long!) just yet? Is anyone else still putting their babies down for 2 sleeps?

Anyway, I better go, Lachie will be due home soon and I've got to get him packed off to guitar.

Hope everyone is well
Lisa

#45 *~*ME*~*

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

hi lovely ladies!

I am going ok, been quite sick with a cold/flu type thing, so thats been no fun... still recovering from it, i cant shake the cough.

L&E no i hadnt read about your scare... but your right 3 BFN.gif would be pretty accurate id imagine.Elias is still having 2 sleeps per day about 1.5 hrs each and doing 11-12hrs at night.

Stained, hope your ms passes soon. Yay to the boys sleeping better

ALM we got a cute mothers day gift from CC too, its so cool

anyways better keep movign hope everyone else is doing ok.

#46 tam1979

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

L&E - E sounds so cute, Arwen does not really say much, but now that she has learnt to walk all she does is walk around the house picking up things and bringing them to me or pushing her pram around. Hope you body works out what it is doing soon.

Stained - ugh to the morning sickness, I was soooo sick with Arwen but had nothing with Connor, where you sick with the boys? Hope is eases soon xxx

ALM - how is A settling into daycare two days a week?

Me - can't believe you are almost 1/2 way, hope you are feeling well. Is your business almost up & running?

heidieke - aw what a little cutie, we like music in our house too, the kids love dancing original.gif

Hope everyone is doing well, Connor is doing my head in at the moment, really pushing me and I am struggling to discipline him nicely sad.gif

Arwen is doing great (other than sleeping  rolleyes.gif )

#47 eidel

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

L&E Elke's been on one day sleep for about 1-2 months now.  I found it easier to cut out the morning sleep and push her afternoon sleep as far back as I can (usually no later than 1pm).

#48 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hi

L&E  I dont think that 3 BFN.gif would lie and different brands. Amber has been on one day sleep since about 11mths.  she will have her sleep anywhere between 12 to 1pm (normally a for about 1hr to 1.5hrs) - normally try for 1ish if she hasnt gone to sleep or looked tired before this, prefer not to have her sleep after 2pm as this disrupts the nighttime bedtime routine - making it later and harder to get her down at a reasonable time to allow ME/US time.

Tam  Now that A is doing 2 days she seems to have settled really well, better than she was even though she took to CC really well from day 1 when she was only doing 1 day.

Stained   nno.gif to the MS, hope it eases up soon.

AFU:  Amber has a cold..woke up Sunday @ 3am with snuffled nose and chesty cough so put her in bed with me after giving her some panadol, cuddled her for while and turned on the column heater in her room.  ATM she is sitting back on her little fold out couch watching ABC4Kids having a drink of water and relaxing.  Must go.  Get some tea ready for us all.

#49 Stained

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:28 AM

ALM Hope A is feeling better! I hate when they have colds and there is so little you can do for them!

Tam I was a bit sick with Gabe, Nothing with Micah and this is the worst I have been... Maybe a girl this time?
Gabe has been SO trying as well. I feel your pain. Tantrums about everything, especially meal times. Disciplining him 'nicely' consists of putting him in his room and telling him he can come out when he stop screaming. He chucked it down the street the other day... So hard!!

ME Those coughs can take ages to clear up... Hope it goes soon!

L&E Crazy weeks for you!! Hopefully AF arrives soon... I know exactly what you mean about wanting to actually plan a baby!
All kids are hard in their own ways but you might very well find that E is easier to handle and deal with his issues than L has been. Dont lose hope!!

AFU Our anniversary today and mum is looking after the boys and we are going out for dinner and to the movies. I am so excited to have a meal without kids screaming at me!!!!
Gabe has still been sleeping through but M is a bit all over the shop. But he is cutting his 2yr old molars so we could be in for a few weeks of rough ride!

ETA Micah has been having one sleep since 10 months old. He got impossible to put down for his second sleep and I was hoping to get him to have one longer sleep instead of two shortish ones. It took about a week of me patting him back to sleep when he woke to get him to go at least 2 hours.
But for some reason he has decided to go back to needing to be resettled half way through so there goes my afternoon nap sad.gif

Edited by Stained, 19 May 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#50 tam1979

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

Stained - hope you enjoyed your dinner out with DH. DH & I are going out on Thursday night for tea and then to see Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson in concert, the kids are being looked after by their godmother  biggrin.gif
Could be a girl if you are extra sick with this one, will you find out the sex?
Is Micah sleeping better at night now that you are not feeding?

ALM - You must be releived that A has settled into daycare so well, would make it alot easier for you.

Me - hope you have managed to get rid of your cold, it is a terrible time of the year for it isn't it sad.gif I had the flu injection this year for the first time so I am interested to see if I manage to skip it or not.

heidelke - how have you been? All settled into your house now?

L&E - have you tested again or has AF arrived? Hope you enjoyed your time away, I would love to go away for a few days, hopefully at the end of July we may get away as DH has a few days of and it is my birthday original.gif

Lisa - how was your weekend away childless? I saw a pic on FB, looks like it was a beautiful day.

Sleep - Arwen is on one sleep a day has been for a few months now, still waking once overnight.

AFM - not much at all really unfortunatley. Looking forward to Thursday night out with DH we have only been out twice on our own for dinner since having Connor!

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.