93 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=879700

#2 bec8112

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

GOLD

Mands - Love the name! Lachlan Thomas just suits the other boys names so well!

Hi to everyone else.

Hannah is still a little sick and has vomitied twice today ( I am at work and she is home with Nana ) so hoping she gets better asap as I cannot handle much more spew and poo  sick.gif

#3 themelster

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

LOVE the name Mands!!!!

Bec - one can only handle so much spew and poo!!!!  Hope things look up soon.

#4 Small Potatoes

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Bec poor little Hannah. Hope you get some answers

Bub update. He is now tolerating 20+ml of milk thru nasal tube. Should be getting is drip out tonight. Too sleepy to do much sucking and is spending most of his time in SCN for now. Looks like he wont be coming home with me :'-(.

#5 bec8112

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

Mands - if you want to talk just call me. I know the emotion that goes with not leaving hospital with your bub. Lachie will be out in no time and he will be feeding beautifully soon too, take every day one step at a time and try not to think too much. Ethan was in the SCN for almost 2 weeks but it was the longest 2 weeks of my life!

Hannah just is not her normal happy self at the moment, think she must be feeling terrible and seems tired all the time too?????

I had to buy some sposies as the cloth was doing my head in with her pooing so much!

#6 Small Potatoes

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

Thanks Bec. I kind of didn't really think about it until one of the midwives mentioned it tonight.

I hope you get some answers soon. Do you see your GP on the 18th. I have. a friend w a similar problem with her 4 y.o. at the moment.

#7 Small Potatoes

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

It is quiet in here. Going home tomorrow bu Lachie wont be.  He is having breastfeeds before tube feeds but he isn't sucking long enough to get enough with out tube top ups. He is getting weighed today.

OB said I had a clot.the size of a 20c peice which probably caused the premature labour.

#8 bec8112

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

Mands- yay on you going home, how is the recovery going? Do you know why a clot caused your labour? Does it trigger something? You can tell I am not medically minded! Lachie sounds like Ethan as a newborn, he did not suck well either. He would suck for a few mins and then just stop and sleep! It was so hard but after about  10 days he got so much better and we resorted to a bottle as that helped him learn to suck. Also the nurses in SCN suggested a dummy to teach sucking too. Remember to call if you need anything! Love the photo of Danny meeting lachie!

Mel - how did the exams go?

How is everyone else?

Not much to report from here, Hannah is ok. GP suggested she use some Inner Health Plus to help get the good bacteria back. She is still clingy and whingy but not too bad!
Ethan is good, stayed healthy through the whole thing which is great! He is doing well with his talking and getting better all the time. Still not up to other kids but I am not too worried about that.

#9 Fabulous

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

Mands- Lachlan Thomas sounds lovely. I'm sure he will be home with you very soon.

Bec- I hope your kiddies are better now. It sounds like you are having a pretty bad run. We haven't had any gastro type illnesses in our house since November 2009 which I'm very happy about.

Mel- I hope the test went well, actually I'm pretty sure that you would have done well. Are there many mature students in your course?

Our news- just yesterday we  booked flights to London in May for all of us. The price of the fares were quite irresistable so we seized the opportunity. Price is soo important with so many of us. Today I'm busy booking acommodation, car hire etc.

#10 bec8112

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:34 PM

Ros - oh wow! London will be awesome! I am jealous. You are going to have so much fun.

#11 themelster

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Mands, I agree with Bec - I love that photo of Danny in his uniform holding Lachie.  It made me gush  wub.gif   And to think he wasn't sure about having another bubba!  He looks pretty taken by him if you ask me!   biggrin.gif  I wonder if the clot interfered with the blood/nutrient supply to bubba and therefore the early labour???  How are you coping?  Really?  Are you feeling ok?

Bec - I had my last BioScience exam today (practical exam) and I'm pretty confident that I did really well.  Luckily, because I am not as confident of my theory exam from Wednesday!  Now I only have one assignment to finish and hand in on Thursday and then I get a break for Easter.  Yay!  It's been mental.
Good to hear that Hannah seems to be improving.  

Ros - nice one on the London flights!  I dread to ask how much......  I know we paid quite a bit for our tickets in August.  Peak season and all  sad.gif  How long are you planning on going for and what is on the agenda to see!!!????

#12 Small Potatoes

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

Ob not sure what caused the clot. Could have been from previous ceasars as usually is due to trauma to uterus.  Aparently my uterus was trying to get rid of the bleed rathee than bub but none of us knew that until I was in surgery.

Bec. Glad Hannah is on the mend.

Mel. I am doing well. off pain meds except panadol. Milk is coming in. Bummed I have to leave Lachie here and bummed that he came early - I should still be fat and uncomfortable. Must be relieved exams are over.  

Ros London sounds awesome.

Better run Lachie has woken

#13 meeskamouska

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

Oh how fabulous Ros, London.

Bec, I'm glad Hannah is getting better. You were so lucky Ethan didn't get it.

Mands - Thats no good little Lachie can't come home with you. I hope the time flies for you and he ready for home really soon. Have they given you any indication how much longer he'll stay in for???

Mel - Yay on an easter break coming for you. R u doing anything special? Will you do the easter bunny thing for Tom??

Sharna - hows things at your place? Do you get some time off over easter??

Amanda - R u going away at easter? Did I remember you saying you were? Vauge moment. How do you think you'll go flying to Tasmania? Or are you planning to swim...LOL!!

Me -  my sister is here. Really enjoying the time together. We've been making soap and cooking heaps. Charlee hasn't been sleeping very well but I'll sort her out when they go home. I wish she lived closer. The distance is really hard. Its just not right to live so far away from your sister.

Saturday, I've lost track of days with the school holidays. It feels like sunday today.

#14 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:58 AM

Morning all...

I have to pop over to Mands FB and check out those pics you are all talking about!

Mands - I would be upset leaving my bubs in hopsital also but it will only be for a short time. It sounds like he is doing really well. Did he put on weight? I also agree Lachlan Thomas flows really well with the other boys names.

Bec - restoring the natural flora in Hannah's gut is a good idea. I hope she feels better soon.

Nat - soap making with your sister sounds wonderful. I know I have enjoyed being closer to my sisters soooooo much. Why is CR not sleeping well? Different routine or environment? Aidan is my second overnight waking bub... grrr! Haha, oh well, he is so good otherwise i try not to obsess about it too much. Perhaps we need to reopen the Sleepy Mumma's group! original.gif

Ros- ohhhh London! That is really great. I miss living there. Have you been before?

Mel - well done on your exam. It will be nice to have a break over easter. Sounds like you deserve it. Is your cat better?

AFM - seems like the kids are just getting better and then the cycle starts again. Aidan has a chunky cough and gross snot .. bleah! Anyway.. Work keeps me busy. I am changing my days to Monday/Thurs/Fri so I can get 3 daycare days. Dan will be working 5 days a week once he is off his recovery time and cant look after them 1 day a week anymore. I really dont like having them in so much daycare but need to work. We are going camping at Lake Somerset over easter. I managed to convince Kristi and Matt (virgin campers) and my other sister Lyn to bring all the kids. We have booked for 4-5 days. I am really looking forward to getting away.

Nat - on the google map I could see Yarraman just a bit further north from Somerset and was wondering about popping up to visit you while we are on the northside. Want some company one day?

One final big piece of news. After much debate and soul searching Dan and I have decided that Brissie is not for us. It wasnt that hard a decision to come to but just a bit dissappointing as we hoped things would feel more like home down here. That has prompted us to re-evaluate our priorities at the moment and we have decided to just go and do what makes us happy. So.... we are going to go live in Romania for a year! I am really excited and sh*tting my pants at the same time. Haha. Not sure when we are going to leave but probably after Aidan's 12 mths needles and be back before he is 2 to save on airfares. We have a house of his aunts to live in rent free and just need to save enough money now to cover our expenses and buy a car. Lots to discuss regarding this but the ball is in motion. We will have a white christmas which will be wonderful and his mum and dad get to spend more time with the kids.

Gotta go, crazy saturday morning here.

Sharna

#15 Small Potatoes

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

Quick post as Lachie is stiring

OMG Sharna. What a great opportunitn and adventure. Shame that Brissy didn't work but it will be great for the kids and all of you

#16 meeskamouska

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

For selfish reasons I'm going to say............
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!
I feel like I just haven't had enough of a chance to come visit and get chummy with you yet Sharna.
I am happy for you and certain the time will pass for your return. You may like it over there and not return?????? I'm happy if your happy...iykwim.
Somerset is close Sharna. The girls and I could come visit there even. Either way could work. About an hours drive, though with the range is still not open completely possibly a bit longer. Its a plan.

Edited by meeskamouska, 16 April 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#17 Small Potatoes

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

Still in hospital as Mr Lachlan has had his tube removed and he is on the breast. Alll going well both of us should be going home Monday.

#18 bec8112

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Sharna - oh how exciting! Moving OS will be such a great experience. We will have to catch up before you go, we still have to get Aidan and Hannah together.

Mands - that's great about Lachie being off the tube feeds and on the breast! Cannot wait until you get to take him home.

#19 themelster

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

So.... we are going to go live in Romania for a year!

HOLY CRAPOLA!!!!!!!!!  That's amazing news, Sharna!  What an opportunity for you!  I am so, so jealous.  It will be great for Nadia too.  I am so excited for you.  I really, really am.  wow.
Didn't I read on FB that you've  just gotten chicken?!  Who's going to look after them for you????  You can leave them with us if you like  biggrin.gif

Mands - I see that you and Lauchie have gone home  wub.gif  I hope things are going well for you.

Not much happening here.  Tom and I caught the bus into the Museum today to go to the Dinasour show they had on there.  It was ok, but probably better for older kids.  Tom just wanted to ride up and down on the lifts  rolleyes.gif

#20 Fabulous

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Mands- I hope you are setlling in nicely with your beautiful new bubba and the boys are enjoying their new little brother.

Sharna- sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you guys and how excellent that you will all be able to develop your Romanian language skills. It's best to grab these opportunities while you can because it won't be long before your kids are in school and you will be tied to the one spot.

Mel- is the uni break in August when you go to the UK? We are doing a road trip in the UK plus 1 week in London and 1 week in Paris.

Hi Bec and Nat.

Took our car to get it's 1000km new engine service this morning and then on the way home we stopped at Ikea for breakfast. Of course I ended up spending money on other ikea crap. I also bought one of their lovely tarts to take home, they are so yum.

#21 bec8112

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:26 AM

Ros - I love Ikea! But yes they do suck you in with all the things you buy when your there.

Mands - how are your going at home with your 3 gorgeous little boys?

Mel - the museum sounded like it would have been a great day out, and the lifts would be fun too  laughing2.gif

Nat - Is your sister still at your place? I bet your having a great time!

Not much to report from here, same stuff.

Will write more later.

#22 meeskamouska

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hi Girls.
Hi Bec.

Mands - same Q? How you going settling in? Is it good bad or ugly?
Mel - had a laugh at Tom liking the lifts at the museum.
Sharna - how r those chooks settling in?? Did u buy a coop or make one?
Ros - Another Ikea lover here. That place is awesome.

My sister has gone home... sniff sniff. I miss her already. We had a great time together though.
I've got a stupid head cold here. Feeling blah.
On the upside I found the right paper to wrap my soaps in today. Its taken a bit of time to find the right stuff but anyway, today was the day.
DC tomorrow. Yay. Looking forward to it. I need some time to mwa. Feeling a bit run down.

#23 Small Potatoes

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

nat It is great you are so close to your sister and enjoy each others company.  I have had a semi-cold for about 3-4 weeks now.  

Bec How is little Hannah recovering?  Did Ethan sleep alot when he was first born?  Lachie is even staying asleep while feeding half the time and I just can't wake him.  He has about 2 20min periods a day where he is awake and that is it.  Also did you feel a bit cheated that bub came early?  I am jealous of the other girls in my DIG who are ALL still pregnant.  I kind of feel sad that I missed the end.  And I wish I had have had more time to get my head around the fact that I was going to have Lachie early.

Ros Mum was telling me the other day that she had breakfast at Ikea and it was good and a bargain.  DH and I are going up when we move into the new house.

Mel How was the dinosaur expo, even though it sounds like you spent considerable time in the lifts  biggrin.gif .

AFM things are good, besides feeling like I should still be pregnant.  I think the surprise of it all is sinking in now that I am at home and settled down.  The boys have been at the ILs until today, so it hasn't been too crazy.  They adore "Baby Rockin", but are really gentle with him too.  Will had a cuddle before, I will try and get the pics on FB later.  The first night home I had to wake Lachie for his night feed but last night he woke 3 hourly.  He is sleeping heaps day and night and even sleeps through feeds half the time.

Better run the two older ones are fighting over a toy.

#24 julies1980

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

Hi,

haven't been around since DD was about a couple of month old, went through PG in the later group of this month.

anyway wantedto stop by and say hi.

#25 bec8112

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

Mands - yeah Ethan was sleepy ALL the time as a newborn! We had to wake him a lot if the time for feeds. From memory I think around 6-8 weeks he 'woke' up more. Yeah I felt the same when I was still meant to be pregnant , I thunk it must be harder for you as you had 2 full term before Lachie. Ethan being my 1st I had nothing to compare too. Love  that the boys call him Baby Rockin! That's gorgeous!

Yeah Hannah seems all better now, no spew for awhile now. She became constipated after the gp said no fruit for a few days so had to give her some prunes.

Nat - bummer on the head cold :-( yay on finding the right paper for the soap, what is it? Let me know when you are going to start selling as I would love more and some for my parents.  

Sorry on my iPhone so cannot be bothered writing more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.