October 08 Parents # 74

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#26 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hi Girls waves.gif

Im here reading... Will try pop in tomorrow for a catch up.. Hope your all ok and Nat hope your cold doesnt turn into anything to major..

See you all soon xx

#27 meeskamouska

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

Bec - I'll do a parcel of some soaps up for your Dad today. It completely slipped my mind with my sister being here. Slacker I am. Sorry bout that. I'm planning on doing a market or 2 in the next month & if it all goes ok I'll start selling in the new financial year. Just easier bookwork wise. The paper I got is a slightly thicker greasoproof type paper. Like a subway or maccas burger gets wrapped in. It holds any moisture in.
Slept in today.... nice but now I'll be rushin to DC etc. Bella is going to bingo with my mum.

#28 bec8112

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:51 AM

Thanks so much Nat. I love your soap so I am sure my parents will too :-)

I am off to the dentist today for a filling, I had not been to the dentist since before I had Ethan so was lucky to only need a filling. I hate dentists and the price tag that goes with them!

#29 Fabulous

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

Bec- good luck at the dentist. I make sure that I go very regularly after experiencing the big problems that can be caused by not getting regular check-ups.

Nat- How lovely that your sister visited. I always wanted a sister but never got one.

The bowling party went well. There wasn't really anything for me to do which was good.  original.gif  The girls had 2 games of bowling and were served nuggets, chips and a drink and I bought along a birthday cake. It was a holiday special of $20 per head. If we wanted to use the private birthday room it was $25 per head.. no thank you.

#30 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

Real busy here...

Thinking of you all.

Might have time to pop back later.

Sharna

#31 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

Hi Girls.. Quickly popping in while im home by myself..

Sharna - Wow what a decision to make..... Im sure you will make the right decision for your family. Im really disapointed that we didnt get to meet up... I would have really loved that sad.gif

Bec - Good Luck at the dentist. I hate the dentist with a passion.. Agh just thinking about it sends shivers down my spine. Yuck lol How is Hannah doing now.. Hope she has recovered.. I noticed on facebook that your friends with one of hubbys exes.. lol small world..

Nat - How you going sweets? I have been meaning to comment on your soaps.. Hubby pulled out the aniseed one the other day.. K was so excited she wants to keep the flower when its used up lol. The choc peppermint one was beautiful.. I also have used the spearmint?? Float one. NICE!!.. Im leaving the purple one (fruity one) until last.. it smells gorgeous!!!!!!

Hi to everyone else.. Hope you are all travelling well..

AFM - We are going camping the long weekend in May down to Copeton Dam. Cant wait its going to be great to get away and relax before I put all my effort into the business. Im now taking bookings trying to fill up May quickly. I have a few already and have one in tassie in November. Um what else is new with me.. Not much just concentrating on work and ordering stock etc.

Anyway I better keep going and do some cleaning. Hubbys birthday on Saturday and having a few friends over.. The big 40!!!!! lol

#32 bec8112

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

Amanda - small world! Who is it? Message me on fb if you do not want to write the name. I am intreagued. Lol.

Will come back in later :-)

#33 Small Potatoes

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

Amanda Enjoy camping and hubby's birthday.

Bec I am off to the dentist to hopefully have the last part of the root canal done.  I left my teeth for ages too and ended up with a whole world of hurt - like Ros, so now I am going to be going much more regularly. I am kind of phobic of dentists, the only thing making me go is the fact that I could lose the tooth if I don't, not the pain I am feeling - I would put up with that.

Sharna Hi, pop in when you can original.gif

Ros Glad the bowling party went well.  We went to a bowling party for Will's buddies 4th birthday.

ETA: Took Lachie back to the hospital this morning for a check up and he has put on 74g since we left on Monday  ddance.gif , so doing really well.  The paed wants me to weigh him weekly but only need to go down to the chemist for that not back to the hospital or anything.  I also took them up a mudcake from the cheesecake shop as a thank-you.

Edited by mands3, 21 April 2011 - 11:03 AM.

#34 meeskamouska

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

Mands - yay on the weight gain. Always a good sign when they start to put on some weight.

Bec - sent that parcel to u today.

Big soap day here. Make 6kgs of soap...lmao!!
Spice Is Nice, Orange Poppy & Volcanic Rock. Do you like those names?? Spice is nice is a mixed spice soap. Orange Poppy is an orange and poppyseed & Volcanic rock is pumice charcoal & clay. An exfoliant soap.

Hi Amanda!!

#35 bec8112

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Mands - yay on Lachie's weight gain! I had to weigh Ethan weekly at our local clinic until 6-8 weeks and then I did monthly.

Nat - thanks so much :-) I love those names! I think you will do awesome with selling soap as they are so good and you would definately get repeat customers ( me being one of them! )

Dentist went well, no pain at all :-)

mel - how did the Thomas thing go? We are going next Friday :-)

Hi to everyone.

#36 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

Nat - yummo! those soaps sound awesome. I like the sound of the spice and pumice soaps. I have been meaning to tell you that the only real problem with your soaps is that they last such a long time!! I am still working through the rose/clay one. I have the whole box of soapy goodness that you sent me to still try. A long lasting product is good for the customer but not for you. There seems to be good mobile reception up at Somerset so we can look at arranging a catch up this weekend. We are there till Tuesday. What do would be good for you?

Amanda - sounds like your business is taking off. Enjoy camping. We are heading up to Somerset Lake tomorrow.

Mands - yay for Mr L on his weight gain. How are you all settling in? What do the boys think of him?

Bec - is Hannah feeling better?

Mel - how did Tom like the Thomas exhibition?

Hi Ros waves.gif

Gotta go, still so much to do before I go to bed.

Sharna

#37 Small Potatoes

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:37 AM

Sharna Enjoy your weekend camping.

Bec  I have to weigh Lachie weekly now too until his 6 week check up and the paed wants to know if he gains less than 150g any one week.

Nat The name sounds great.  I will have to buys some soaps when we move so all the bathrooms have them in them.  You could sell matching smelling potpourri for people to put in their bathrooms so they smell the same as the soap.

Bec & Mel Is this the Thomas the Tank Expo at Ipswich?  Mum might be taking the boys tomorrow.

AFM Mr L has his days and nights mixed up.  I have to wake him after 3 hours during the day as he would just sleep and at night he is waking every 2 1/2 hours  ohmy.gif .Luckily he only feeds for about 15mins and straight back to sleep.  I think though during the day he isn't sleeping much in his cot, he had two naps in the capsule yesterday and one in the ergo with Danny and at night he is in the big cot bed, so I am trying to get him to have more day naps in the cot too, to get used to it.

The boys adore him and I am trying to do stuff when I feed like sit on the floor and play lego with my spare hand etc so they don't feel left out.  They both love having cuddles too

Edited by mands3, 22 April 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#38 Fabulous

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

Mands- I don't think any of my kids slept longer than 2.5 hours at a time in the first few weeks. And then they took ages to settle. Urgh. No wonder I felt so dead.

#39 meeskamouska

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

Sharna - I'll stay in mobile contact with you. My girls would love a day out but if you need a house to recoup at youre more than welcome to come here. We could come on Sunday or Monday. I can bring a picnic lunch for the girls.

#40 Small Potatoes

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

Ros I was spoilt with the other two.  they would usually have at leat one 4 hour stretch between feeds overnight. Though Will used to take an hour to feed, so that was more tiring than what Lachie is doing.

#41 Small Potatoes

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

#42 Fabulous

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

wub.gif such cuteness.You are so blessed, Mands.

Edited by Fabulous, 24 April 2011 - 07:05 PM.

#43 bec8112

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

Mands - he is just so adorable! You are going to have 3 very handsome boys, must keep them in mind for miss Hannah! Ha ha ha  tongue.gif

#44 Small Potatoes

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

Bec She has plenty to choose from original.gif

#45 themelster

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

Mands, he is just gorgeous.  How is everything going at home?

Mands, Bec & Sharna - the Thomas show was ok.  I'm glad I only paid $16 entry though.  Tom didn't really get into it.  I think he gets a bit over-whelmed at places and things like that.  He was a bit nervous about going inside the big Thomas, but he did in the end.  Stage show's aren't his thing either so he didn't really appreciate the guest appearance by the Fat Controller  rolleyes.gif.   They had this one room though, it was pretty big, and it had about 20-30 tables in it all set up with train sets.  Well, he was in train heaven  rolleyes.gif.  Not so much fun for me though.......

We're going to try Alma Park Zoo next.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter.  I am so chocolate'd out.  Tom too, although he'd happily eat his way through the rest of his eggs in a heartbeat if I let him.  No self-control that kid!   biggrin.gif

#46 bec8112

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

Mel - thanks for the Thomas info, Ethan is excited so we have to go now. Will see how he likes it. How is the uni holidays going? When do you go back?

Mands - that pic of Mr O expressing is priceless!!!! How is Lachie going? Are you doing any cards at the moment? I need to get done invites for Hannahs parties done. Let me know.  

Sharna - how are you? How's Aidan and Nadia?

Nat - thanks so much for the soap for my dad, will pass it onto him when he is here tomorrow. I love the smell of the lemon one, so yummy! The parcel looked amazing, great presentation. What are my chances of buying some to give my MIL for mothers day?

Hi Annika, Amanda and Ros ( and anyone else I missed )

AFM - we bought our new (used) car today :-) 2008 Fird Territory, dark metallic gray colour. I love it already!
Kids are in daycare tomorrow and Dave is off work so we are going to try finish some things around the house.

Catch up : SEQ ladies - we need another catch up. What day suits everyone? Weekend?

#47 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:17 PM

Hi guys!

Super busy after getting back from camping. We all had a great time. It was hectic with the kids though.

Nat - it was so lovely to come and have lunch with you and the girls. Nadia had a great time and was talking about Charlee and Bella all the way home. Sorry we couldnt stay longer. I really must apologise for monopolising so much of the conversation. There was so much I wanted to ask you about your soap making and I didnt even get to see it all.

Mel - thanks for the feedback re: Thomas.

Bec - i am up for a catch up. Is this Monday good? Its a public holiday.

Mands - Lachie is just gorgeous. Did you take those B&W pics? Did you get in contact with the Moffat photography chicky... she is still looking for newborns for her project I think. When are we going to get to have cuddles with your beautiful little man?

AFU - I was up at the Logan Hospy after hours tonight with Aidan again. He sounds croupy again and all congested after camping. Anyway Doc looked in his ears and they are apparently bulging and red raw. Poor little fella sad.gif I didnt even consider ear infection because he is teething. I just put his unsettledness down to teeth. AB's and regular pain relief were prescribed. He didnt even have a temp. I have the redi-pred in the fridge if his wheeze progresses.

Anyway ... better go to bed. It was a long wait up at the hospital and I need to get up at 5am again tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else.

Sharna

#48 Small Potatoes

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:03 AM

BEC If you want to print them yourself I can do ajpeg file up for Hannah just email me. Not printing at the moment.

SHARNA Can't drive so won't be doing the thing w Moffat. Truly might be coming down to do some photos for me.  Yes I took the black and whites.

MEL Mum took the boys to Thomas and they loved it.  All the things Tom didn't like they did and they loved the massive play room to.

AFM can't wait for kindy tomorrow. Boys are constantly destroyin the house and I am getting sick of the mess. They have too much energy LOL. Lachie has finished his feed so going back to bed

#49 Small Potatoes

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:48 AM

CATCH UP I can't drive so wont be able to go unless you would like to come here, which would be great but I know it is a big drive for Bec and Nat.

SHARNA may I get your opinion on this
Sore arm where cannula was

Weare choosing curtains today eexcite.gif.

#50 themelster

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

Bec - My old boss had a Territory and absolutely LOVED it!

Mands - Have fun picking curtains.  I hope you get some answers on your ails.  Hopefully Sharna can offer some advice.  I notice that Danny is away camping?  Not good timing!  Are you managing ok on your own?

Sharna - Croup, it's awful.  Tom still gets it and we have redi-pred always in the house too.  I can't imagine how scary it would be for one Aidens age.  I'm sure Tom got it then too, but I can't remember (I've erased those days! LOL).  Was camping dry?  Did Nadia have a ball?  

Nat - bet it was nice catching up with Sharna.  The girls would have been in girly heaven!  
I like Bec's idea on soap for mothers day - if you are up to it, would it be a nice first trial?  Some Mothers Day packs?  I'd definately buy one off you for my mum for Mothers Day.  I'd want to make it worth your while though, financially.  What do you think?  

Not much happening here today.  We're about to take a drive out to Brookfield to look at some chicken coops.  

I could be up for a catch up on Monday if that works for everyone.  I'll double check the calendar.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.