October 08 Parents # 74

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#51 bec8112

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

Monday - will have to chat to Dave as we have a pretty busy weekend so not 100% sure what is planned.

Mands - yeah I can print myself, will get some pics and details emailed to you soon.

On my phone so will write more later.

#52 Fabulous

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hi everyone,
we are going on our holiday in 9 days time so I'm pretty busy doing all of the last minute stuff.

Bec- enjoy the new car.

Sharna- Poor little Aidan.  sad.gif  Healthy vibes to him.

Mands- I'm glad the boys enjoyed Thomas. He is one popular little engine.  biggrin.gif

Mel- chickens sound good. Don't forget to get a lovely rooster to wake you up in the morning.  biggrin.gif

Nat- I hope you are enjoying the holidays, if they are still on that is.

Edited by Fabulous, 28 April 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#53 meeskamouska

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

Really quick one from me.
I can do a catch up but the goldy is out for me. Its just a bit too far in one day. It takes me nearly 3 1/2hrs to get there. I'm happy to sit this one out though if its not around brissy etc.

Mothers day soaps...hehe. Love it. Makes me nervous but we can do that. See what I can come up with over the weekend.

Bec - new car...nice!! 08 ford territory. Practically brand new!!

Sharna - thanx for coming the other day. We really enjoyed your visit...alot!!

#54 themelster

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

Nat - we have to pay you, ok. I'm serious. I won't allow you to do it for nothing. Please make it worth your while.

Edited by themelster, 28 April 2011 - 09:45 PM.

#55 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hi girls

Quick one as Im heading to bed before we go camping tomorrow. Its going to be freezing....

Nat - Mothers day soaps sound fantastic.. Mum loves the look of your soap so you can put me down for a package.... And I agree with the other girls.. that we are going to pay you this time original.gif

Hi to everyone else.. sorry no time for catchups. going to hit the hay and get some zzzzz'z

Night all and see you all tuesday ")

#56 meeskamouska

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

Need to vent....
Today is such a sh*t day on so many levels.
Bella is at me every minute.
Paul is up to 28days away when his shift is only supposed to be 14.
I've got a headaches.
Plus awhole lot of other crappy stuff I wish would just go away.
Off for a lay down whilst Charlee is doing the same.

Stupid crappy a*se day ... I hate you.

Thanks for listening.
I needed to get all those negative vibes out of my body.

#57 themelster

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:57 AM

Let it all out Nat!!!!  28 days is a long time away. A really long time. You must be in dire need of a break. I hope you get a rest in and that it recharges your batteries a bit.

#58 Small Potatoes

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

Nat That is rough, let our ALL your negative vibes here.

#59 bec8112

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

Nat - let it all out, it helps :-) 28 days is such a long time!

I am standing cooking pumpkin risotto and typing on my phone. Kids are asleep and we are meant to ve at a 1st birthday party now. Oh well.

Ethan really enjoyed the Thomas thing at the museum, will put pics on fb when our home Internet decides to work! Grrrrr!

#60 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

Bleah.. we are all so sick here.

I gave Aidan the 3 doses of redi-pred and restarted the ventolin as he is soooo wheezy. sad.gif Might have another trip to ED if he doesnt get better.

Nat - vent away. That is what we are here for. 28 days is a really long time to be doing it all on your own. Want to come down and visit me and the kids?

Mands - how is that gorgeous little man of yours?

Bec - can you give me the recipe for the risotto? Does Ethan like it?

Mel - did you decide on the chooks?

Amanda - have a great time camping!

Gotta go get some rest.

Sharna

#61 bec8112

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

Sharna - oh no hope Aidan is better soon, it sounds terrible.
I do not really have a recipe for the risotto, I just throw it all in. Cubes of pumpkin or grated pumpkin,onion,  aborio rice, chicken stock and then simmer. Mix in some parmesan cheese when done. I make a huge batch and freeze in containers for Ethan and Hannah. They both love it. Oh and you can mix in other things too, I have done grated zucchini, peas and corn or today's batch I mixed in baby spinach.

Nat - how was the rest of your day?

#62 Small Potatoes

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:41 AM

Sharna How is little Aidennow and the rest of you? Lachie is great. Gave me a fright as Igave him a short feed at 9pm and I woke at 1:30 and had to wake him.

Bec mmmm love risotto. Might have to make it soon.

Nat did your day get any better

Edited by mands3, 01 May 2011 - 01:43 AM.

#63 themelster

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:15 AM

Sharna - how is the family?  Much improvement?  
Chooks - I need to decide between Isa Browns and Australorp crosses.  I think I'll end up getting one of each.   If money wasn't an issue I'd get purebreed Australorp's but they're $50 each!   I wish we didn't have to wait until September.  Now I have my coop, I want my chickens NOW!  Are you getting eggs from yours yet?  How many do you have?

Bec - I haven't made risotto for ages.  I do love it though.  It's the sort of thing I don't buy at a restaurant (unless it is a really good restaurant) as I'm quite fussy with it.  

Lovely day today - what's everyone doing?

#64 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

Eggs! Yes, so far we have gotten 1-2 each day. Very happy chooks it seems. They didnt lay yesterday however.

Coorparoo markets this morning.

Kids in bed soon.

Catch up tomorrow?

Sharna

#65 meeskamouska

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

I can do a catch up tomorrow,...... ??
Is it a go ??

Agree, lovely day today. Spent it at home with the girls.
Paul is supposed to b home tonight. I hope so.
Yes, feeling much better today. Charlee slept thru the night and I got 11hrs of sleep...blissful.

Finished the mothers day soap. So I'll post a pic and if your interested just PM me. No obligation.

Off to cook a silverside. Yum.

#66 Small Potatoes

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

What is the difference between corned beef and silverside?

#67 bec8112

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

Silverside and corned beef - I always thought they were the same thing????

Catch up - depending in where and what time I might be able to come. We have had a very busy few days and  the kids sleep is all out of whack and they are grumpy! Once it's organised I will decide.

Sharna - how is Aidan?

#68 themelster

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

Sharna, how many chooks do you have?

Nat - can't wait to see the piccies but I reckon I'll definately get one!

Catch up - I can do tomorrow and am happy to do my place if you want somewhere central. I'm happy to travel as well though.

#69 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

We are all still fluey here so I will pass on catching up tomorrow. Aidan is wheezy and Nadia and I have snotty head colds. Dont want to pass this on to anyone. Sorry sad.gif I really look forward to seeing you guys.

Mel - we have three lovely chooks. They are fascinating and Nadia has no fear of them at all. She tries to get them to eat the laying mash out of her hand. She loves to follow them around the yard. We let them out all day and they go in and out of their coop as they wish. In the morning we can hear them calling out from the coop and it gives me such a warm, homely feeling.

Bec - you have inspired me and I bought the makings for a pumpkin risotto. I pre-cooked the vege tonight (carrot, butternut pumpkin and sweet potato) and am going to add some onion, garlic and spinach tomorrow. Got the arborio rice, stock and parmesan too. Fingers crossed it works out well. Do you stand and stir it continuously like they recommend?

Nat - Did Paul come home? I would definately be intersted in some Mother's Day soaps or a package. Can I put in a few orders though? I want some for my girlfriends and sisters as well as my mum. I second what Mel said, I will pay you for the soap. Just let me know how much including the postage.

Hi Mands, Ros, Georgia, Amanda.

Gotta go to bed.

Sharna

#70 bec8112

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

Sharna - no I do not stir the risotto as much as the recipe suggests. The one I make I just add the stock and leave and stir on occasion. I also make a baked risotto in the oven and it is yummy too. Hope you all feel better soon.

Mel - why you have to wait until Sept for chooks? When do you go away?

Nat - cannot wait to see the soap pics. Do you have any vanilla soap???

#71 themelster

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

I stand and store my risotto and I think that's what helps to make it lovely and creamy. Make sure your stock is simmering too. Yum!

Bec - we'll wait until we get back from the UK before we get the chooks.

Ros - have you left yet??!!

#72 meeskamouska

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

Had a shocker night with charlee. One good night one bad one... whats with that child??
Think I might be a bit tired ot drive too far today & yes, Paul came home last night so might b nice to spend the day together. Hope nobody minds.
Also got a few soap order, which is really great, but I need to get in there and package up the orders to post out for tues. I'm so thrilled with the orders for mothers day. It took me by suprise just how many peeps asked, is great that peoiple want to actually buy my soap.
On tuesday I'm starting the art classes at Bellas school. It'll b every tues. I'm highly neervous and excited all at the same time.

Sharna - I hope your household gets better soon.
Mel - I hope I didn't scare you off with my chook talk yesterday.

BBlater to post that pic.

Edited by meeskamouska, 02 May 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#73 themelster

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:25 AM

Not at all Nat!  Where do I go to see the soap piccies???

#74 bec8112

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

I boil my kettle and use that water for the stock so I don't use 2 pots! How lazy is that! Mine still comes out nice and creamy without stirring it and also the baked one is creamy too. Another tip I learnt is that adding a small knob of butter and stirring before serving makes it extra yummy and creamy! Mmmmm yummy, but not so good for the waistline.

Nat - oh bummer on the bad night with Charlee, hope you get some rest today with Paul home.

#75 meeskamouska

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

Ok, so I did up these packs as I've got a heap of peeps wanting mothers day packs.
Let me know if this suits.
I've got brown or pink ribbon ones.
6 soaps in each pack.
Lemonlious, summertime(aloe&cucumber), vanilla dream, charcoal rock, camomile, orange poppy blossom.
$20.
No obligation, of course, just PM if you want one & we'll organise post/money etc.
Hope I don't get into trouble putting this on here. I'm pretty sure its not allowed.
I can post tomorrow or the next day to get to Brissy, Stanthorpe, caboolture.

Or if you'd just rather the regular style of wrapping with labels/elastic bands etc. I can do that in a brown paper package as well.

Bec - I also have vanilla soap in stock now. Vanilla Dream.

I'll try to get a web up & running over the next few days/week.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.