October 08 Parents # 74

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#76 themelster

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

Nat - yes please!!!!  I'll have two please!  They look great!  
Sleep - Tom is a bit the same as Charlee - except he goes in weeks, so one week will be a bit blah (he was up three times the night before last  mad.gif , only once last night), and then one week will be really good with him sleeping through most nights.  It keeps you on your toes hey.  How is CR going with the TT?  
Chookies - no, you didn't scare me off at all.  I just don't know if "I" could physically do the culling myself.  I don't think I would mind Mark doing it though.  I guess I won't know until I actually get the chooks and see if I get attached.  They only lay for 18months to 2 years though don't they?  

Bec - I do the knob of butter thing too.  So good, and oh so bad  biggrin.gif

Sharna, I hope Tom ends up as comfortable with our chooks as Nadia is with yours.  I like the idea of letting ours roam freely during the day but I worry about the "poo factor"  We might fence off a section for them so we can still have some "poo free area's".
I hope the kids health starts to improve for you soon.

That's it for me.  Back to uni tomorrow!  Sadly, I'm kind of looking forward to it!

#77 meeskamouska

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

Eventually they stop laying and start costing money in grain. At some point you end deciding are they pets or suppliers of food. For us now its about food. I take the girls out if they need culling. Chooks are fun fun fun. I love them Mel.
CR is exactly the same as Tom with sleeping. Tiring.
TT - its just so so here. Some pottytime, some nappies, hit and miss. I think cause its my third child I'm far too relaxed about it. Bella gets charlee to go potty more than me. Laugh. No doubt Tom is doing great guns. I still reckon boys are easier thangirls to train though some will dissagree.
Such a lovely day here. Paul has come home in an exceptionally good mood. Maybe cause cookie was on offer for the first time in a loooonnngg time. lmao. I cannot believe the difference down there. Wooh!! Good differences.
So nice to have the man home that I love dearly.

#78 Small Potatoes

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

NAT Soap packaging looks fantastic, you are soooo creative original.gif

#79 themelster

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

"cookie". You crack me up Nat  biggrin.gif
Soap - can I up my order to 4????  Is that too much??

Edited by themelster, 02 May 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#80 meeskamouska

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

Mel 4 is fine. I actually packaged up an extra 4 just in case this arv so its no prob. They'll be under the 3kg mark so postage will work out really good. Its a lovely mix of soaps Mel. Your recipricants (??spelling...shocker I am) should b happy.

#81 Fabulous

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Nat- your soaps are packaged beautifully. Very stunning!! I don't think I've heard the term cookie before?? Must be a special Nat term.  smile1.gif

Mel- still here. We are leaving just after midnight Friday and going via Hong Kong. Funny enough my brother is taking the same Cathay flight the day before but he always goes business class since it's for work.

Chooks- my parents have always had them but they live in a farming area get left over grain/seconds from somewhere.

#82 themelster

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

Ros - exciting!  Are you stopping for long in Hong Kong?  You will have to share your "hot tips for long haul flights with kids" when you get back.  We are stopping in Singapore both ways for two nights.  Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing!  

Nat - thanks so much on the soaps.  If others want some and I am too greedy, just let me know because one lot is for me  blush.gif The other three are one for my mum for Mothers day and two of my girlfriends wanted a pack too.  

I bought a Scoopon voucher AGES ago for some canvas prints and I have finally decided on photos to use for them.  I'll try and post them here and would love an opinion from the photographers (Mands!!  LOL).  It took me ages to decide.  I haven't ordered yet, so I can change my mind!

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee343/themelster/7.jpg
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee343/themelster/1.jpg

Because they are  now in photobucket they are low-res, so the actual image for the canvas is much better quality.

Edited by themelster, 02 May 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#83 bec8112

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Nat - will PM you about the soap, I will take 2 :-)

Mel - those photos are great! Tom is such a cutie! Ethan is terrible at looking at the camera and smiling , he runs away. Grrrrr how annoying.

Sorry no more time, got washing to fold and nappies to put together and daycare bags to pack.

#84 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

Nat - Those soaps look gorgeous! You have done such a great job. Can I get 3-4 packs? I would really like 4 but will definately take 3 if you have that many to spare. Also, can 2 of the packs be sent to the same address in Cairns but gift wrapped for different recipients? I would love a vanilla soap for myself wink.gif When you get the webbie up and running let me know so I can see what you have and i can put in an order for ME!!! Glad to hear you were able to have some time with Paul original.gif

Risotto turned out well and all four of us enjoyed it. It took longer than I thought but was nice.

Gotta head to bed early.. Aidan's sleep is really hit and miss lately. He is better I would say and slept through till 5am yesterday original.gif but woke 5 times the night before.

Hope to catch up a bit more with you all tomorrow.

Sharna

#85 meeskamouska

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

Those photos are lovely Mel. They'll look great done on canvas. Enjoy your first day back at uni.

Ros - I hope you have a fantastic time in Hong Kong. I'm secretly jeasous.

Sharna - feeling your pain with the sleeping. I'm guessing you sleep with one eye open all night especially with the croup.

Back to work for you today Bec??

Cookie - Funnnneeeee!! Its an Oprah thing. She had a guy come on the show and he referred to it as 'cookie' and now its just a known oprah word for DTD.

huge day here today. I've got so much to do.
All of those orders will b fine.
I cut extra soap so I'm good to go.

Chat later tonight.
Enjoy your day girls.

#86 Small Potatoes

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

Mel Love the photos, with the second one though be careful as if they wrap the photo around the frame you will lose the top of Tom's head.  If they do a white border you should be fine.  Just ask them before ordering.

#87 Fabulous

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

Mel- we are only changing planes at HK and not stopping. For us stopping would be just too much hassle and it's easier to just keep on going. I'm sure it's probably totally different for you guys with only 3 people. Last year we did the Sydney to LAX flight and that was 12 hours and it felt like time flew probably because it was night and Jack slept for a lot of it. I'm really happy that we are doing customs in Perth this time because it was painful doing it in Sydney last time.
Those images are lovely, Tom has always been mega cute.

Shana- I hope Aidan slept well last night. Are you the one getting up to Aidan? Is he still bf? It can't be easy going to work when you haven't had a good nights sleep.

Mands- How is Lachie? Feedling well I hope. I better have a look on facebook some time. It must be close to your actual due date now.

Hi Bec and Nat.

Sleep- Jack always sleeps through but lately it has been a nightmare getting him to sleep. He actually slept on the lounge last night.  wacko.gif  The main difficulty is that he is sharing with Chelsea but that won't change until we manage to find a house to knock down and re-build.

Edited by Fabulous, 03 May 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#88 Small Potatoes

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

Ros How exciting.  Lachie is good, I had to wake him at 2am for a feed (to be at 9) and then again he woke at 7am.  I was booked in for my caesar on the 5th and he was due on the 10th (so I would have been 39 weeks today).

#89 themelster

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

Mands - thanks for the tip - apparently they "mirror edge" (replicate 3cm of the border) so that none of the original image is lost.  Hopefully it will look ok.  fingers crossed!
Sounds like Lachie is doing so well!

Ros - I hope you have a ball on your trip.  And thank you for your compliment on Tom.  I think he is a keeper too  biggrin.gif I'm terribly biased though!

Nat - I've had another friends (who heard about it from another friend who is grabbing some of your soap) ask me if she could get two lots.  That would mean my order would be 6 packs......  Is that too much?  I don't want to stress you out!!  Her parents also run the Moggil Markets (which I think are once a month) and asked if you wanted a stall there?  They are a smallish farmers market type set up.  I think soon they may be moving to Brookfield.  I wondered if it would be too far for you to go.  I think it might but I thought I would let you know anyhow.

Sharna - 5 times!   sad.gif   You poor love.  At least you know from experience that it will end.  Doesn't make it much easier to cope with in the moment though, does it.  
Are you still contemplating a Triathlon at some stage?  If so, Bribie starts again in October.  They have a few - October, December, February & the last one is in March.  Plenty of time!

Bec - Tom does exactly the same thing when I try and take his photo - which is why it took me so long to get ones to use for the canvas!

Not much happening here.  Had a tutorial this morning and heading off now for a lecture.  Have a great day everyone.

#90 meeskamouska

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

6 is fine Mel. I'm on it. They'll get there friday. I'll have a look into those markets. They sound good. Its hard to get into farmers markets with soap. They either love it and already are full with vendors or don't want it at all. I'll google them and then decide. Thanx for letting mek now.

#91 themelster

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Nat - do you need my Addy or do you already have it?
She's just come back to me to say they are on every fortnight.  1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and are in the process of moving to the Brookfield show grounds and expanding into "well made, quality craft" (her words).

#92 bec8112

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

Nat - did my PM get to you?  My computer was playing up and not sure if it sent or not  shrug.gif

Ros - have a great time away!

Sorry at work so no more time  sad.gif

#93 meeskamouska

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

Yep got it Bec.

#94 bec8112

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

Nat - have replied and payed  biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.