- - - - -

Win one of 5 copies of the New CD When I first met your Ma

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 EB Alicia

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

Universal Music will be releasing When I First  Met Your Ma on April 22nd and here is your chance to win one of five copies. This brand new compilation celebrates the themes of motherhood, romace and relationships via song and features  an array of award winning Australian   Artists, including Paul Kelly,  Julia Stone, Washington, Clare Bowditch, Bertie Blackman, Katy Steele, John Butler Trio, Gurrumul, Oh Mercy  and many more.  

Tell us in 25 words or less what your favourite song is and why for your chance to win a copy of your own.

For more information about the When I first Met your Ma CD please visit:

www.getmusic.com.au

#2 MUMMYOFALMOSTTWO!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

I love the titled track "When I first met your Ma", it makes me reminisce for times gone by and look forward to the future!

#3 Bibbidi

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

This song speaks deeply to me of the most important relationships in my life – husband, children, parents. “God only knows what I’d be without you”.

#4 Mugglebec

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

'This Flower": Kasey Chambers.
"This flower is my soul, but it's not half of what I owe. I should give you every rose that ever grew".

This song is amazing. When I listen, I think of my mum and the stuggles she has been through.

#5 Skip to my Lou

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

Title track. Paul Kelly puts his heart and soul into his music, this song is so moving and romantic 'love like a bird flies away'....

#6 ~Mintie~

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

My favourite song is Somewhere Over The Rainbow, because I'm always searching for that place of pure happiness and serenity.

#7 glammum

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

I love Troy Cassar Daly’s “Make the most of everyday with you”. He wrote it for a man dying of cancer, makes me appreciate Life.

#8 Robannon

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

I love the song I made up for my children to sing at bed time.  They always ask for me to sing it again!

#9 BlackBetty

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

My favourite song is you are my sunshine, my parents sung it to me and i have sung it to all of my babies... when ever something is wrong, or they are just going to sleep, we cuddle up and sing away.

Very precious times!

Karen

#10 Barefoot

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

The shores of Avalon, it has a haunting melody, I sing it to my DS as a lullaby, and in the shower as an operatic.

#11 3cubs

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

Angels by Robbie Williams because my son is now an angel and we played it at his funeral and I liked it before he died and even more so now.

#12 mmuc83

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

When i see you Smile - Bad English

This song reminds me to keep on going even when times are tough because the smile of my family helps me through.

#13 Guest_Zetetic_*

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

When I first met your Ma trancends me back to the moment I laid eyes on my future husband.It moves me to tears.

#14 jessf

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

"Brown Eyed Girl" Van Morrisson- because it makes me feel like he is singing about me and only me- and when I was a teenager it didn't matter how bad I felt about myself because when I listened to this song I felt so special

#15 macysmum

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

Sting's "Fields of Gold" - The melody and the beautiful lyrics make me remember my past and look forward to what my future holds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.