Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

New thread time

Thinking of you and your family carita sad.gif

link to last thread

#2 Tussycat

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

Ooh.

GOLD

Edited by moi mwah, 26 April 2011 - 03:14 PM.

#3 cheshire_cat

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

I know I haven't been around much but........SILVER!

Edited by cheshire_cat, 26 April 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#4 Spock

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

am I supposed to say BRONZE???

just in case that's a yes. here goes bronze!!!

carita, i hope things improve for your brother. sending you lots of hhugs.gif

#5 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

Hi everyone   ph34r.gif  and  hands.gif

#6 Tussycat

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

Hi everyone
It's quieter in here than it used to be but I hope you don't mind if I have a quick vent.

HURRY THE FRIG UP AF !!!!!! This has been the worst waiting period of my whole IVF roller coaster.  I guess it's a combo of knowing I can actually fall PG, but turning 42 in the meantime.  I just want to know where my body's at.

Libra, I hope you are okay and AF has not arrived and the HPT was wrong wrong wrong.

Carita, hugs to you, hope you're doing okay in the circumstances.

Hi to everyone else.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but you get that I suppose.

PS. Spock I dunno what gold, silver, bronze is either but I was an EB sheep and followed along with what I've seen before !  rolleyes.gif

#7 Spock

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:31 PM

I hear you moi, hurry the frig up AF - as goes for me too! I'm actually having a bt tomorrow to find out what is going on in this body of mine, been 6.5 weeks since my d&c.

#8 Tussycat

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Spock @ 27/04/2011, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear you moi, hurry the frig up AF - as goes for me too! I'm actually having a bt tomorrow to find out what is going on in this body of mine, been 6.5 weeks since my d&c.

Hi spocky, I was thinking I'd like to have a BT too but I'm still only 4 weeks from D&C, so doubt they'll do it.  FS said 4-5 weeks to expect AF.  I have been charting and thought I'd O'd (positive OPK) but then had O symptoms again over Easter.  Very frustrating.  rant.gif

Edited by moi mwah, 27 April 2011 - 01:36 PM.

#9 Spock

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

hi mm, yes that is frustrating! I'm usually like clockwork with my cycles. Usually af has arrived 5 weeks after previous m/c's so not sure what the delay is. I probably should have been charting but just haven't been motivated to do so.

#10 cheshire_cat

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

Hi ladies  original.gif Yep, I'm waiting for AF too. I have one emby left to transfer before we switch to a new FS.
Come on AF for all of us.

Primolut anyone?

#11 halby

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

Hey all I am now just waiting for the next af so get the ball rolling again. My first ever antagonist cycle. It will be wierd for me.

Hope you all had a lovely easter

#12 librablonde

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hi Halby waves.gif Good luck with the new antagonist cycle. I found I liked it more than a flare, but I got fewer eggs at EPU. The embie quality seemed to be better, though. And I had fewer side effects from the med's while doing the antagonist (Gonal-F and Orgalutran). I'll keep lurking to check how it's all going original.gif

#13 Spock

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

hi ladies,

halby, i've only ever done antag ICSI cycles so i have nothing to compare against. good to see you are doing okay.

librablonde, how are you?

chesire cat, does primolut bring on af? you've been very quiet lately, hope all is well. have you found a new fs to try? will there be any changes to your cycle this time?

moi mwah, any sign of af yet?

afm, had a bt yesterday and it looks like not all the poc were removed at my d&c as my hcg is 33 (high considering it has been 6.5 weeks since my d&c). my prog. was very low at 8. the pgd nurse said ideally this should be > 40. she also said it might mean af is around the corner. i have another bt on tuesday to check the hcg level again. i will be mightily annoyed if this means i can't have my scheduled epu in june. i feel like time just keeps ticking by and i'm getting nowhere.

to make things even more 'interesting' in my already 'interesting' life, my younger sister who got married in feb, tried and has fallen pregnant on her 1st attempt!!! I know she was scared she might have the same low amh issues as me so didn't want to wait but still, what kind of slap in my face from life is that. of course i am truly happy for her but seriously....going to be weird as we are very close. so bloody unfair.

#14 Tussycat

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Libra I have been lurking in the 2ww thread so have caught up there on your disappointing news - I'm sorry this was not your month and really really hope you hit the jackpot next time. By golly you deserve it!

Spock bittersweet for you I'm sure. Congrats for your sister but that truly isn't fair. Let us know what happens on Tuesday - it does seem weird to still have HCG, there is absolutely no chance of a natural miracle is there ? I'm not sure what progesterone should be ?

Halby and Cheshire looks like we're all playing the waiting for AF game.   : rolleyes.gif

Carita hope you are holding up ok hun.

Hi to countrymel and Brookar and veryone else waves.gif

AFM it's now day 39 since my D&C and no feeling of AF arriving, nor does my chart show any real pattern of ovulating or whatever. My cycles are often 34-35 days so not freaking just yet but very annoying that's for sure. Just to be doubly sure, I did a HPT this morn and may as well have flushed $15 down the loo, the clearest single line you've ever seen.  yyawn.gif This waiting is getting very annoying.  I also have a chance to go on an awesome training course in Hong Kong in the last week of May, I would love to be able to time it so I was in the 2ww at that point but if AF doesn't come this week, I'll really need to withdraw from the course.

I am going to have a little break from EB ladies.  It's a weird thing and very hard to explain, but I often have this feeling of coming in here and expecting I'll find the answer to all my worries about TTC, as if somehow the physical needs I have will be met, in the same way many of my emotional needs are already helped by the lovely people I have "met" here. Like an imaginary magic formula will be found. After my birthday recently I got this feeling that growing another year older makes me feel a little more out of place in the "world" of TTC, here and IRL. There are too many times that I log on here and read happy bfp stories, or ladies having their second third and fourth kids and find myself thinking "that should be me" or "why can't that be me" - and it's getting a little unhealthy for me.  Please don't consider this a woe is me statement - in fact, after the initial sadness of the D&C I have found myself laughing more than I have in a while - and DH and I are in a great place, despite our fertility strugqgles.

I will definitely lurk now and then and be sending you all lots of baby dust and hugs even though I'm not writing.

Edited by moi mwah, 01 May 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#15 librablonde

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

Hi moi mwah- I'm so sorry to see you go but I can understand why. I just hope that everything works out for you and I wish you the very, very best in your journey, where-ever it may lead. Lots of love to you and I hope I see you around EB again one day. Thanks for your support and I've always enjoyed following your updates. I'm so sad to see you go but I totally understand that EB and the fertility journey can utterly do your head in.  Again, I wish you lots of love, laughter and baby dust xoxo bbighug.gif

#16 Brookar

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

Moi mwah - I'm also sad to hear you won't be around for a while but I wish you all the best over the next couple of months and I hope you can pop in with some good news soon.  I often think about having an EB break. I find since finding EB ttc has become even more of an obsession.  In every day life with work and family, I don't talk about the journey on a day to day basis, but now I'm hooked on popping in to EB several times a day, I feel like it's on my mind all the time.  

Librablonde- I hope you're hanging in there ok. I've also been lurking in the 2ww. I'm sorry this wasn't your month.

Spock- No doubt this will be a challenging time for you getting used to the idea of your sister's pregnancy.  Look after yourself in the process original.gif

Hi to everyone else....

Afm - Still going to my weekly acupuncture and start FSH injections on Saturday.  Still over 4 weeks until epu.

#17 halby

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

Moimwah best of luck to you and I completely understand. I have to mirror brookar as I am very obsessed with eb and dh has even commented about it. But it is my support network as he doesn't want to hear about it all the time and we choose not to tell people when we are going through it, so I really need you guys. Please do pop in and let us know how you are going and I wish you every bit of happiness, and look forward to your bfp news in the very near future.

Libra, I must say that I am looking forward to the shorter cycle, I am still unsure whether I am doing the right thing, but if it is meant to be it will be. I think we are definately going to do a day 3 ah transfer too so a few changes may make all the difference.

Brookar, you and I will be cycling around the same time, I am guessing another 2 weeks and I will start stimming. Wow it creeps up on you sometimes.

Spock, I am so sorry that you are going through this. And your news from your sister, I can understand how you are feeling. And you are entitled to feel that way too. Fingers crossed that your bloods come back ok and that you can get going for June.

Hi to everyone else.

afm I am plodding along and had the talk with dh but didn't really come to any answers, I think we will just keep taking it one cycle at a time. Hes not really willing to give me a 12 month commitment at this stage. Anyway I will take it as it comes and just keep everything crossed that this next cycle can do it for us. The thought of doing anymore stim cycles gets me down to be honest. We have decided to do a day 3 transfer with assisted hatching, and the rest (hopefully a few collected) will develop to blast and see how we go. Who knows what is the right thing to do anymore, I dont really. But it will basically all start again in 2 and a bit weeks time. Feeling somewhat nervous.

#18 librablonde

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

Hi ladies,

I agree with Halby and Brookar that EBing can become obsessive when TTC. I check in a few times a day as it's so hard to explain how I'm feeling to friends and family, and quite often I just can't be bothered with a big explanation with them. They all know I'm doing IVF, but have no experience with it. If I didn't have EB I think this journey would be even more isolating and stressful. I like hearing about the BFP's as it gives me hope, and even more so when I know of EB'ers who attend the same clinic as me and get that BFP. It's kinda like wanting to buy a lotto ticket from a winning newsagency wink.gif

Brookar- I've been loving my acupuncture and I'm sure it's a major factor in my having a chem preg (I've never been pregnant before, that was my first ever time original.gif ), so I'll keep going each week. I'm seeing him again on Tuesday and will get his thoughts on jumping straight into a FET or waiting a cycle or two to do the FET. And I'll keep on the DHEA and Coq10. I think they made a difference too for me.

Halby- no wonder the thought of more stim cycles gets you down- they suck! But I hope you get some good results with the new protocol. You might remember from my previous posts that I was a bit freaked out by only getting 3 eggs at EPU with my antagonist cycle, but it turns out they were better quality than my Flare cycles ones anyway, so I guess it can take a bit of time to have that mental readjustment sometimes, and to just believe that everything will be ok.

Spock- how's your puppy going?

Cheshire-cat- waves.gif

A big hi to countrymel, carita, flamingo, and everyone else I've missed.

AFM- So my period is a biggie this time and has been pretty unpleasant all round, I just wish I could get it over and done with in a day and move on quickly. Can I just say, now that I have no stim drugs in me and no Crinone, how normal I feel. I actually feel  happy?? I forget that this is the way I usually feel while I'm off the med's, and now I feel all bouncy and hopeful again. And once AF is done and dusted, DP better brace for impact!! LOL blush.gif

Edited by librablonde, 01 May 2011 - 09:24 PM.

#19 Spock

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

hi ladies,

Moi Mwah, I understand your need for space from EB although I will miss you here! Wishing you the best of luck in your ttc journey. When you get your bfp (not if, but when) please post here so we can share in your joy. In the meantime, hoping af arrives for you so you can get a move on.

librablonde, so sorry about your cycle not working out. it is so very true, once the drugs are out of your system you feel so much more normal and like your usual self. puppy is doing well thanks, keeps me smiling which i hadn't done much of last year, my disaster year.

halby, hoping you won't have to think about future cycles after this one. I do find it easier to just think of the present/coming cycle.

brookar, do you find acupuncture is helping?

hi chesire cat, country mel and anyone else out there lurking. hi to all our lovely grads as well, hope all is going along smoothly.

afm, i have the faintest of hopes that af is arriving as been very lightly spotting. going for bt tomorrow morning. i find it very strange that i am so ridiculously happy to see signs of af.

#20 Brookar

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

Halby - I really hope for you that this will be your last stim and you and DH won't have to worry about discussing further cycles. It's so hard.  Yes, it does look like we'll be cycling at the same time.  I actually meant I start Lucrin Saturday, the FSH on the 19th I think.  Went to the clinc this morning to pick up my meds. Feels good to be back on track again.

Librablonde - I hope AF has slowed down a little and you can start making plans again soon.  I read in another thread what you said about your acupuncturist saying he felt you had a pregnant pulse.  Do you think there was something in that?  I might ask my therapist this week if this is something he can feel.  I've been taking my Coeq10 too.  Got to try everything!

Spock- How did you BT go? For once, I do hope AF is just around the corner for you.  I can't say as yet whether acupuncture is helping from a fertility perspective as I haven't had an ET yet while receiving treatment, but it has certainly helped my anxiety levels and is great for relaxation.  For the first time the correspondence sent out by my FS clinic outling my protocol for this cycle actually has a note at the bottom recommending acupuncture during a cycle, so the medical world must be recognising it now too as a benefit.

AFM - as I said earlier I picked up my meds today. Had a newish nurse who I've only seen a few times.  It's funny how you have your favourites, and get disappointed when someone you're not familiar with calls your name! To prove how often i go to that place, the car parking attendant asked me to move my car this morning, until I explained, that "No, I don't work here...I just come here a lot"!!! Made me laugh...

Hi to everyone, have a nice day ladies.

#21 halby

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

I picked up my drugs on Tuesday so ready and rearing to go. My body though is having some spotting during ovulation, but have a feeling it is from ovaries from epu last month. Its only when I wipe sometimes (sorry tmi) so who knows.

Brookar like you I ma known very well at my clinic. All the girls come to chat to me when I am in and like you I dont like it as much when it is not one of my regulars. I'm a pretty loud person and everyone kinda knows when I arrive as I like to have a good laugh, and always manager to find someone there that can have a laugh with me.

Libra, I hope that af eases up for you. My last one was shocking too.

Spock, it sounds like af is slowly trying to show her ugly face.I hope she makes up her mind for you.

So now just waiting, waiting, waiting.

Edited by halby, 05 May 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#22 librablonde

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

Hi ladies,

halby- good luck with your new cycle. I've decided to do my FET next month so my body can have a break. I have to go and have another BT next Tuesday to see if my HCG has finally gone back to zero- let's hope so. AF has finally stopped so that's a bonus. I'll be follwing your next cycle with interest and have my fingers crossed for you.

Brookar- yes, my acupuncturist told me that I had a "pregnant pulse" 5 days after my ET. I was highly skeptical as I've never been pregnant before so it just seemed an impossibility, and also I doubted he could tell after only 5 days. But he was right, as was my DP who said I was a human heater in bed wink.gif . So the acupuncturist said I should wait a cycle to get the EPU drugs out of my system and meanwhile I'm seeing him once a week to re-balance myself and then in a couple of weeks he'll start the fertility acupuncture again. I think his work really helped me over the line last month, so I hope it can assist again for the upcoming FET. How's your sessions going?

Spock-has AF finally arrived yet?

AFM- I'm just busy with the DF kids (the 2 new young siblings look like they'll be longterm here now with my older 2) and trying to relax and get healthy for the next cycle.

A big hi to Countrymel, carita, and everyone else waves.gif

Edited by librablonde, 07 May 2011 - 08:32 AM.

#23 carita

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

Thinking of you all today. Have to admit, I found it a bit tough with all the Mothers' Day stuff happening.

I was finally able to book my flight to the States. I leave weekend after next and will be away for almost 5 weeks. My boss was lovely when I told her I had to go, thank goodness.

Will be checking in to see how everyone is going...

#24 Brookar

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

Carita, have a fantastic time, 5 weeks will be such a great break.

It's funny, for the first time this year Mother's Day has become a bit of a sore point for me. Yesterday I just focused on my mum, but today seeing all my old school mates post their photos on Facebook from their mother's day with their gorgeous children and babies, I actually shed a bit of a tear.

But that could all be the confusion of hormones in my system!  I don't know what's happening. I'm on a long down reg cycle, day 3 of my lucrin, still on the pill and I've had bleeding today like AF is starting. The clinic said I "might" get a bleed once I come off the pill in a few days but this seems a bit strange. I don't know if it's AF, or something else as I had a D&C when I had my lap 3 weeks ago, I didn't think there'd be anything much to come away.
It's too early to ring the clinic yet, but i'll try to get on to a nurse later.

Has anyone else had AF while on the pill (I'm skipping the sugar pills)?

#25 halby

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

Brookar I am sorry but I am of no help as havn't been on the pill for many a year. It could very well be though because of the pill and the sudden change in hormones again. Its tough, when we start to think we know our bodies we take some other pill or needle to send us haywire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.