IVF Multiple Cycles and The Long Haul BG #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#26 Spock

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

hi ladies,

brookar, i had the same feelings about mothers day this year. previously it hasn't bothered me much but this year it was difficult. it made me sad just seeing families out with their babies all giving little gifts to their mothers, reminded me of all my lost ones.

I'm sorry I can't help you as i will only be doing a long cycle for the first time coming up. I went of the pill years again and am now waiting to start again for this cycle. i hope you got some answers.

carita, i'm very jealous, have a great trip! hope you come back refreshed.

librablonde, hope you're getting some me time to take care of yourself.

halby, has af arrived yet for you?

hi everyone else still out there. hope all our lovely grads are progressing smoothly.

afm, had my bt today and my hcg is now 8 so I still can't start the pill. I have another bt next week. SO frustrating. my sister is starting to annoy me with her worries about her pregnancy. i know it is silly but she has absolutely no reason to be this paranoid, her paranoya is based solely on my terrible experiences so it is annoying me. very hard to say anything though.

#27 cheshire_cat

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hi all,

carita, I just wish your US trip was under better circumstances sad.gif Hope you and your family are all doing as well as can be expected. Safe journey!

Spocky, good to see you. How frustrating that you still can't start the pill. I don't have a sister but if I did I would definitely be getting upset with her in your shoes. If that makes sense. She's had no prior issues I assume? Maybe a gentle word that her paranoia is not helping you and obviously it's not helping her either. Hope you can start the pill soon.

Brookar, I have had a bit of spotting whilst on the pill, I did find it odd but just put it down to crazy hormones. Hope there are no probs, I'm sure it's fine. Could just be a result of the D&C/lap, a bit of old blood?

libra- wow, so you'll be having four of the kids with you permanently? Busy! Hope you're enjoying your IVF break, I've been on a break for the last cycle too and it is a relief to get the drugs out of my system. My moods are a lot more stable.

halby, have you started your stimming yet? Hope it's going well so far!

So ladies can you believe I'm still waiting for AF? Grrrrr (Um, no, no chance whatsoever of being UTD because we haven't .... you know.... at all this month). I just want to start things up for my final FET with this clinic, then we have an appt with a new FS on the 1st June. Not sure how those dates are going to work out. Come on AF!

#28 Brookar

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

CC - What is it with AF. When you desperately want her to stay away for 9+ months she turns up dead on time and then we you actually need her here now it doesn't happen! I hope all your dates work out for you....frustrating!

Spock - Hard one with your sister.  When its such a close family member its difficult to distance yourself from the situation.  Lets just hope that sticky BFP comes your way soon and you can share the experience with her.

Halby - How are things with you? Where are you at?

Librablonde - Very interesting....I spoke to my acupuncturist last night about whether he could detect a "pregnant pulse".  He said a pg person has a slippery pulse. He said the only time someone has a slippery pulse is if they're pregnant, have bad digestive issues or are an elite athlete.  He said he can definately tell if someone is not pregnant, but its hard to say for sure an IVF patient is a definite BFP, because of the hormones, drugs etc in their system. I find it all really fascinating.

AFM - my Dr got back to me and apparently my heavy spotting etc is breakthrough bleeding, a combination of my recent surgery and starting the Lucrin.  I'm a little concerned though as last time I had this exact same scenario, lap then into a long down reg cycle I had none of this. I was kind of hoping things would mirror that last cycle as I actually got a BFP that cycle, shortlived as it was.  But I'll push on and try my best to be positive!

#29 Tussycat

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi everyone, just a quick one to say hope you are all doing okay.  Halby, I noticed elsewhere you've started jabbing, great news & good luck for this cycle.

Arrrrrgh for the ladies waiting for AF / levels etc., it's so frustrating & upsetting.

I am having my EPU tomorrow.  Quite a few follies as usual, I'm hoping for another 4 or 5 nice embies which will then leave us with 6 in total.  This will likely be our last stim cycle, obviously hoping for a BFP from the embies in the bank !

Take care all.

#30 Guest_senecio_*

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:14 AM

Moi Mwah, just wanted to say good luck today. I hope you got lots of excellent eggs and your recovery is quick.

Good luck to everyone else too.

xx

#31 Spock

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

hi ladies,

moi mwah, thinking of you today! hope your bfp comes through with this cycle.

brookar, i want to believe every cycle is different so keep your hopes up.

chesire cat, has af showed up yet? so frustrating aannoyed.gif . did you manage to find a new fs that you liked the sound of?

hi librablonde and everyone else. a special hello to our grads, hope all is going smoothly.

afm, had yet another bt this morning so waiting for the call from the clinic. really hoping my hcg has lowered < 5 so I can start the pill. my sister has been better this week. she told me about a lovely dream she had that i fell pregnant and was due a couple of months after her and we helped each other out while on maternity leave like me looking after both bubs so she could go to the hair dresser. was very sweet, made me teary. i can only hope.

#32 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:46 PM

Good luck today MM.

Lovely dream Spocky's sis.  But next time she can dream she's looking after all the bubs and you can go to the hairdresser.  wink.gif   Hope you got the "go" call today.

hugs to everyone especially those starting a cycle.

Edited by meggs1, 16 May 2011 - 02:48 PM.

#33 Spock

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thanks meggs, hope all is good with you original.gif .

Got the call from the clinic, I can start the pill!!! This will be my first long cycle. At last I start.

#34 Tussycat

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

That is great news Spocky, its such a relief to know the "beginning" is finally here !

How is everyone else faring ??

AFM, Home resting now, EPU was a little tricky; I was not so great after the drugs for about an hour or so, shaking nausea etc but it soon went away after the nurses whacked some anti nausea drug in my cannula. The main prob is because I have polycistic ovaries there are lots of follies, so procedure takes a bit longer and therefore I need extra drugs. DH has been working from home so looking after me and our doggy has been lying on the bed with me - we call him the lab assistant !! He's so cute, I write out notes for DH from my bed  eg "the patient needs some panadeine forte please" and give it to our lab, tell him to "take it to DH!" and he runs down to DH in the kitchen with the note in his mouth.

Anyway, all is well, we got 20 eggs, compared to 16 on our last cyle with similar dose of FSH so lots to work with - but I know everyone here already all know it's not about quantity etc etc ! Last time we got 2 really good embies and 1 okay one from those 16 eggs, so if we get say 4 grade As from this collection, I will be over the moon. DH and I have not discussed this at length but I think if we can make something out of this bank of embies, we'll call it a day. Hoping of course they'll bring us our wish.

Big hugs to everyone.

Edited by moi mwah, 16 May 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#35 Brookar

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

Moi mwah - 20 eggs...yay!! Will you get a call later today with a fertilisation update? Lab Assistant...love it!  Sounds like you've got a clever fur child there.

Spock - So glad for you that you can finally start.  Lets hope your sister's dream was a good omen!

Cheshire Cat - Any signs of AF yet?

#36 Tussycat

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

Thanks Brook, how are you ? I hope the b/thru bleeding has stopped and the down reg is more back to normal now.

Thanks Meggs & Senecio for popping in too, I regularly  ph34r.gif over in your DIG, glad all is well. Meggs, sorry to hear about your scare last week but glad you're back on track now.

halby, how are you going ? When is ET ?

carita, not sure if you're reading while in the US but we're thinking of you & your family.

cc, did AF arrive yet ?? I'm sure you won't need to move clinics because this FET will be the ONE, but why did you decide to change ?

Spocky,  waves.gif

The clinic just called today with fert report & pretty ecstatic that 16/20 eggs we collected have fertilised.   biggrin.gif Last time we had 10 fert/16 collected, and that was whittled down to two "perfect" and one "very good" blasties.  My clinic only does blasty transfers.   So if I use the same ratio on the 16 we just had fertilised, there's a good chance we'll have 4-5 perfect blasties from this haul.   Will have an update on development on Thursday, then all being well, transfer on Saturday.  

I have to have clexane this time after further testing (showed slightly abnormal anti cardiolipin antibodies) - can any ladies share their experiences on clexane ?

ps So much for my self-imposed EB ban, I admit it, I'm addicted !

Edited by moi mwah, 17 May 2011 - 11:04 AM.

#37 First One

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Just a quick duck in to wish you all the best of luck for your new cycles.  I'm still watching and keeping everything crossed for you all!  

Moi, fab result on your EPU - congrats!  I so so hope this will be your lucky cycle.

#38 Rosabella

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

Hey everyone, just popping in to say that I'm still lurking.
Always thinking of all of you and  hands.gif for your BFPs.
Good luck everyone original.gif

#39 Spock

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

hi ladies,

nice to hear from you first one and rose, hope you're both travelling well .

moi, yeah!! sounds like all went well. I hope the embies are dividing away so you get that bfp  hands.gif

brookar, chesire cat, librablonde, hope you're all doing okay.

waves.gif  to all our lovely grads and the others still popping in here.

well i started the pill today, can't believe I'm so excited, quite sad really to be this excited. I hope I'm not building up my expectations that pgd testing will be a magic wand for me. In fact, dh was also so happy that we actually did the deed last night, first time in i don't know how long. pretty rare for us both to be happy and in the mood.

Sooty is keeping me sane with lots of puppy love. He graduated from puppy school last weekend.

#40 halby

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

Hi all,

Spock I am glad you can finally get started. What a relief.

Moi Yes the clexane, dont use an alcohol swab, quick dart motion to inject as they are blunt needles and bruise you. Dont be surprised if you still bruise, it is very common with it. Great haul too. You are not too bad for an old duck hey...hahaha I hope you can get a couple of perfect blasts to transfer.

Hi to everyone else, sorry not a lot of time today so just a quickie.

I'm good, day 6 today and already 2 follies at 14. and a couple more at 10. Thinking we might get 5 fingers crossed anyway. But my e2 is already at 800 which is good compared to last cycles, as I wasn't even at that at day 8. So I had my first orgalutron injection today, so that made the 3 a day injections start. Covered in bruises from teh clexane so a bit hard to find a spot but hey its worth it. An antogonist cycle is definately much quicker.

#41 ***Athena***

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hi all I am just dropping in on behalf of Librablonde to let you all know she has had internet issues silly telstra!!! But she is doing well and still deciding on the plan for next cycle. I believe she is missing you all a LOT! lol
Good luck to all in here baby dust to you all . biggrin.gif

#42 Tussycat

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

Great to hear a few of us are off and running again! Halby things look very promising for you yay ! Antagonist is definitely good in terms of time. My first Fs told me that late 30s and naughty 40s patients often get a better response on antagonist. Your follies sound like they're growing very nicely.  But 3 injections, it must be hard to find a clear spot ! When you say "dart" with clexane, do you mean jab it in quickly ?? And yes, this old bag is pretty lucky that the ovaries still seem to be ticking over ok.

Spock soooooo lovely having a fur baby around ! When DH is away for work, ours somehow sneaks up on the bed and sleeps with me.  I have no  shrug.gif  how he gets there ! wwhistle.gif I hope things continue going well and NO ! it's not sad to be excited.

Athena thanks for dropping in on behalf of LB very kind of you ! Please give her our best.

Hi to everyone else !

Afm, the fert rate is progressing pretty much as expected. 8 have basically dropped off altogether, 2 are okaaaay, but 6 are pretty good.  Of the 6 we have a 10 cell, 3 x 8 cells, and a couple of 7 cells.  So all being well, there should be a really nice one for ET sat. We are only transferring one.

Edited by moi mwah, 19 May 2011 - 07:30 PM.

#43 Brookar

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

Moi mwah - So glad your embies are growing nicely.  Lots of good vibes for tomorrow coming your way.  And I hope you can relax for the rest of the weekend.

Athena - thank you! Say hi to Librablonde for us.

Halby - An antagonist cycle seems to fly by compared to the long down reg which seems to be dragging on and on..... I have had similar results from both so i am not sure why my FS seems to prefer the long down reg.  The Clexane bruises don't sound pleasant. I haven't had the pleasure of using them before.

Spock - I think excitement breeds positivity which in it's own way helps loads.  Congrats to Sooty on his graduation!  

Afm - I started stimming on Wednesday 187.5 units of Gonal F, which is slightly higher than I have used before, so fingers crossed for some nice follies when I got for my scan next Friday.  Feeling in a pretty good place.  Am going to meet a friend's 2 day old baby on the weekend, so am going to try my best to put a positive spin on it and soak up as many baby vibes as I can....maybe some sort of natural instinct will give my body a boost, who knows!

Hi to the grads and everyone else popping in.  I hope everyone is doing well.

#44 Spock

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

hi ladies,

brookar, hope your follies keep growing nicely. Yes, I also find the best time to see friends with babies is when I'm in a good positive place. I saw a good friend with her new baby this week and it was lovely.

moi mwah, sounds good! hope your embies keep growing nicely. very sweet dog to keep you company in the mornings.

athena, say hi to librablonde for me and thanks for the update.

halby, yes antag cycles are fast and yes, i bruise from the clexane injections too. fingers crossed you won't have to go through this ever again.

afm, will be seeing the pgd nurse next week to learn about what is involved. going to the dentist next week too just in case need some work - hope not. still feeling good.

#45 halby

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Hi all, well epu is Wednesday, day 12 oi my cycle, I am thinking 6ish eggs, so fingers crossed for me ok. I will pop in in the arvo tomorrow and let you know how I went. We are still planning on going ahead with a day 3 assisted hatching transfer of 2 and grown the rest to blast if we can and if we get enough. I just think trying something really different all around might be the trick. And I must say I wish I had of done an antagonist cycle years ago, so much easier, the extra needle wasn't nice, but a couple of days break from needles now which I will enjoy.

Have a great day

Had a good cuddle of my best friends new born baby last week, so was giving myeslf those baby vibes, he is just beautiful .

#46 Brookar

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

Halby - Thinking of you today for your EPU.

Moi mwah - I hope ET went well and you have a sticky one on board.

Spock - have you had your appointment with the nurse yet?  

Afm - still stimming away... scan on Friday, and hopefully an EPU next week.

#47 librablonde

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

Hi lovely ladies original.gif Well, after much anguish with Big Pond and life with no internet for a while, I have a new modem now and am back online. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I'm so happy to have internet access again, it's embarrassing! Anyhoo, when I finally got back online late yesterday arvo I read all your posts to catch up with how everyone was going.

Good luck today Halby!! I hope you get lots of lovely eggs and you'll be in my thoughts today xoxo

Spock- how's Sooty? And I'm so glad to hear you're gearing up for another cycle. I'll be very interested to hear about PGD.

Brookar- So when are you scheduled your your next EPU? And how's your accupuncture going? Mine is good, I had a few weeks off due to gastro and other health things, but started back yesterday with it. The acupuncturist gave me his opinion on how I should proceed and it actually mirrored my own thoughts, so I feel better in having a definite plan now for my next transfer.

Moi mwah- how did your transfer go? I'll have a look elsewhere on EB to see if you're in a 2WW forum right now and I have my fingers crossed for you xox

A big hello to First One, Rosebella, Senecio, CountryMel and everyone else waves.gif

AFM- well, I had my chem preg last cycle and then my body went haywire. I had a very heavy period afterwards and then (w-a-y TMI to come!!) I developed cysts on my private parts sick.gif It was ghastly and extremely painful, and was clearly as result of my body just being totally out of whack from my last IVF cycle. I've never had any cyst anywhere on my body before (not cystic acne, no ovarian cysts, nothing), so it came as a shock. Anyway, natural therapies helped to clear them up quickly (PM me if you want the info) and then all was fine until I started bleeding heavily again for no reason that I could tell. It wasn't O time or AF time, so I have no idea, but it lasted for days. Then I got gastro along with all the kids!! Phew, so after all that, I decided my body was just worn out and I wouldn't do a FET in June as planned previously. I will now aim for mid-July for the FET and focus on get strong and healthy again. My acupuncturist said he would usually ask me for 3 good periods before he suggested I do an FET but was fine when I said I just wanted 1 more normal period to get back in balance again. I now have no idea when my period is coming and have no idea where I am in my cycle, so I'm just going to kick back and wait.

On top of that, my stress level has been very high as it looks like the 2 little siblings of my older 2  longterm DFK's are going to be permanent now, so life had been an uphill climb for a while. I'm very happy that the little kids are staying, but it definitely isn't conducive to a low-stress, inwardly focused, meditative time LOL original.gif

I look forward to sharing all your stories, and I'll check back in later for updates.

Baby dust to us all

#48 halby

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

HI Libra, good to see you back on ,line but ouch that cyst thing sounds nasty. The hormones do play havic with our body that is for sure.

my epu went well today and it is 7 again. I tend to stick around the same number. Will find out fert rates tomorrow, so now starts the waiting waiting waiting

#49 librablonde

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

That's great news, Halby original.gif 7 eggs is fantastic, and I'll have my fingers crossed for you xoxox

#50 Brookar

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

Librablonde - So good to have you back!  I can't imagine a day without internet, let alone weeks. I think I would go stir crazy! Wow, you've had a lot to contend with having an extra two permanetly in the house, not to mention those nasty cysts. I don't blame you for not wanting to wait 3 months for your next FET, it's just too hard sometimes to deal with the thought. Acupuncture will hopefully get your body back into some sort of normality soon.
I'm still having my sessions once a week and my therapist says I'm in a good place, and for the first time in a long time I feel strong and healthy despite the drugs in my system.  I hope it's a good sign original.gif

Halby- I commented in the 2ww forum, but again, great news on your pick up result.

MM - I hope you're nicely distracted at the moment during your 2ww.

I hope everyone else is travelling ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.