IVF Multiple Cycles and The Long Haul BG #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#51 Brookar

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

Just thought I'd pop back in as I can't concentrate on work!  Had my US this morning and am really upset that I only have 6 follies.  Saying that they're all nice big ones and FS is confident he can get all 6 eggs, but considering my "age" FS was hoping for a few more follies. In the past i've got 9 and 10 eggs from a lower dose of FSH. My FS actually said my age can start to be come a factor now I'm in my thirties.  I don't buy into that one though.  Spoke to DH and he came out with the "it only takes one" and I know he's right, but.....*sigh*

Ok, I feel better now....thank you original.gif

#52 Tussycat

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

Brookar 6 nice ones is great! How many stories do you read on here of ladies getting bfps from 5, 6 eggs.  Yes, your DH is right. As for the 30s - age schmage, sure things decline but more around 35 onwards. You have good ones there I know it.

Halby fab news about you fert rate !!!! ET is tomorrow right ? Are you going for one or two ?

Libra, wow, lots going on around you and sorry to hear about the physical upheaval ! I'm sure your body will appreciate the break.

Spock how are you doing ? What's the latest news from your clinic ?

Hi to everyone else

AFM I had a massive meltdown yesterday. I have had one like this before, it's not pretty. First I did an HPT which was so dumb because I did one at the same point when I got my BFP and it was negative then. Then I had a huge fight/cry with DH over the phone. Then I went out and had at least 4 drinks.  Argh I have no idea why I did any of that stuff and I now feel miserable. The only good thing about the whole day was my clexane needle was easier because the wine I had gave me more gumption to just jab it straight in.

#53 halby

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

HI all,

Oh moimwah you are funny. I know about the melt downs I usually have one fight with dh during the 2ww, but tbh I am feeling pretty good hormonally this time round. Dont let it get you down, just think about how many women get pregnant and fall pregnant when they are really p*ssed and god knows what else. It would just be your hormones. Have you tried meditation?

Brookar 6 is honestly great. You have to remember that you respond differently everytime, and for what its worth my fs says that getting between 5 and 8 eggs is ideal on quality, and he has been doing this for many years. I think your fs was off base about your age as I dont think that it had anything to do with it, you are actually still in your prime, its just a different response. Try not to let it get you down ok.

hi to everyone else hope things are going well.

afm I will call this arvo to check on embryo development and see what time for transfer tomorrow. I am definately transfering 2, to be honest we dont even discuss it anymore, neither does my fs. We would transfer 2 even if we were going to blast. Just after such a long haul at this stuff and not getting any younger, I dont have time on my side.

#54 Tussycat

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (halby @ 27/05/2011, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI all,

Oh moimwah you are funny. I know about the melt downs I usually have one fight with dh during the 2ww, but tbh I am feeling pretty good hormonally this time round. Dont let it get you down, just think about how many women get pregnant and fall pregnant when they are really p*ssed and god knows what else. It would just be your hormones. Have you tried meditation?

Hehe at first I thought this said medication (for meltdowns), then I thought mediation (for me n DH) and then I read it properly. No I haven't but it's a great idea.

#55 halby

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

Al;l embryos are doing great. Really nice was the embryologists words, and I could hear the ? mark in her voice when she asked me if I was still wanting to do day 3 transfer. Yes I am sticking with it, as I think the assisted hatching is important for me to try. I have 1 at 5 cells and the other 5 at 4 cells so spot on, and she said all grade 1s and 2s. So I really cant ask for more than that at this stage. So tomorrow is the big day, so very exciting.

#56 dreamstoreality

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

Hi everyone

I've often lurked in this topic but not replied.  However, I am curious to know whether I fit into IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG.

Does my signature identify me as a long hauler of how does it work?

May be a silly question, but not sure.

Thanks

#57 Tussycat

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

There's no real "qualifying" rules as far as I know mrs p and the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned ! You've done multiple cycles - but hoping this is the ONE for you

#58 halby

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

HI Mrs N'p' nice to see youi in here. You definately quality, I aggree with Moimwah the more the merrier at the end of the day we all trying to concieve and it doesn't matter how many cycles you ahve had as that doesn't mean you havnt had a long haul at it.

#59 Brookar

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hi Mrs N*P* and welcome, I hope you find as much support from this group as I have had so far and that your time here is short lived.

So pleased that your embies are doing well Halby, all the best for a smooth transfer tomorrow...I'm just a week behind you!

Moimwah- I hope you're holding up ok now.  Those meltdowns are exhausting, I hope you came out the other end feeling a little better.

#60 dreamstoreality

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

Hi everyone and thank you for accepting me into the long haul buddy group.  

Thank you for your messages of support thus far.

Halby, all the best for tomorrow for tomorrow and your ET. I have everything crossed for you.

Brookar your numbers are really good. Please don't feel disheartened, every time we respond differently. For me personally I would prefer to get fewer eggs better quality as both times we have done IVF we only got one to transfer and none to freeze. Please don't stress to much about it.

Moi mwah I hope you are doing ok and please don't be too hard on yourself.  The 2ww is agonising.

ASF at the moment, we are going back next month on 20 June to collect injections to start again as my AF is due tomorrow and we are taking an extra month off. We have had a very hard time emotionally (we have had my Aunty pass away 5 weeks ago and my FIL passed away 1 month ago tomorrow). We also had MIL in hospital during this time, plus an unsuccessful IVF cycle.  I think the extra month off will do us good as well.  MIL is now back in hospital as she has broken her foot.  Life has been very full on and emotional.

I look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you on here and wish you all (and me) every success with current and/or upcoming future cycles.

#61 halby

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

HI all well transfer is complete. I had 2 beautiful assisted hatched embryos transfered today and 1 was 8 cell and 1 was 9 cell. The embryologist and fs were really happy with them and said that they are lovely. FS was very pleased with how well everything has gone as even my other 4 embryos are looking nice and we have decided to freeze today so that we have assisted hatching up our sleeve if we need it. That was a tough decision and what made me choose it was since the years ago when I froze and thawed day 3 embryos the freezing method has changed and the embryologist informed me that the thawing succes rate now between the 2 is close to nothing, and if they are a good quality will survive the thawing process.
My FS even said I have a beautiful cervix and doesn't expect to see it back  there again. Her words after that were "your pregnant" so she is very confident. Oh I hope she is right. Even with my eyes though I can say that I was happy with how they looked, just beautiful. The 9 cell was like he had a little spice and attitude, and the 8 cell was like she was a sweet as sugar, so after much deliberation I have named them "SUGAR N SPICE". Heres hoping they are on board for the long haul. I am waiting for the call back to see how many we ended up freezing, I am pretty confident there was a definate 2 but would be lovely if all 4 made it to freeze.

#62 halby

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

oh my god I am updating as the call came and I have had all 5 frozen. HHMMM I said I thought I only had 4 to freeze as I had 2 transfered. Ah no all 7 ended up fertilising. Wow I am chuffed that not just do I have beautiful Sugar n Spice on board but I have another 5 frozen all atleast at the 7 cell stage. I know that they are only day 3 embryos but the criteria they need to meet is pretty high, and if they are strong enough then they will make it through. Of course I am hoping that I wont need them, but am thrilled. Cant get a hold of DH to tell him, his phones on silent no doubt watching the football.

#63 Tussycat

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

woot woot !! Halby that is great news on your frosties !! Gives you alot of options too for when you go for your next bubba !!  biggrin.gif

#64 Brookar

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

Halby - 5 frosties! Awesome news!  I am so glad your transfer went so smoothly. I don't think FS or staff ever instill false confidence so they must have been super confident of the quality and how the procedure went.  Now for that 2ww.  Have you got any distractions planned for the next few weeks. When is your BT?

Triggering tonight....starting to get nervous....

#65 halby

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Child mentioned

Fingers crossed for you Brookar. I ma sure it will all go well. So I am guessing your epu is Tuesday morning then? I always get nervous too.

I am lucky that I do have a bit on the next week or so which is great, my sister and nephew arrive from tassy on wednesday for 2 weeks with us, and my dads 70th surprise party at my house also on Saturday night. So lots of lovely family time which will be great.

I have to admit thought that already the 2ww is doing my head in. I do think this is the hardest part. I have just been relaxing so far and have a sick daughter at the moment so really feel for her. I think it is just a bad cold, has the sexy husky voice to boot. So I have a feeling I may end up in bed with her tonight.

#66 Tussycat

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

Brookar, good luck with trigger ! It's always a very nervous shot isn't it ?  Hoping for great things on Tuesday. x

Halby, I hear you !! Argh. I am feeling very rough this 2WW and not very positive at all.  I did another HPT tonight with a negative.

#67 Spock

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:36 AM

hi ladies,

halby, i replied to you in another BG so just a quick yeah!!! best of luck. hope your little one is feeling better too.

moi mwah, hang in there and STAY AWAY FROM THE HPTS!!! Dangerous slippery emotional ground. Nothing like a bt to give you the true answer. best of luck to you too!

mrs*n*p, welcome to our bg! we have been a bit depleted this year but all in the good cause of getting those bfps. As others have said here, it isn't really the length of time but more the emotional aspects and you certainly are having a tough year. I hope your break helps you heal and your family too.

brookar, best of luck for epu! Just keep chanting you only need 1 good embie. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

afm , started jabbing lucrin last night so the long long long cycle begins...finally! Went to a local wine bar on Friday night and another one on Saturday night to enjoy mt 'wine' before the jabbing  begins. Now I feel ready to be all healthy and alcohol free.

#68 Tussycat

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

I'm am getting AF, my HCG BT is meant to be Wednesday.  Third time in a cycle AF has arrived day full blown day before BT.

After six transfers, and now aged 42, am very very very very very very very over this.  sad.gif

Sorry for selfish post.

#69 ~Panda~

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

MM - I'm so sorry to hear AF is showing. What a horrible blow. I'm thinking of you. Xxx

Hello to everyone. I think of you all often and check on you frequently.

#70 halby

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:27 PM

Oh Moi I am sorry. I am hoping that it is just one of those occasion when it is a bfp with bleeding. It does happen big hugs to you. Hey and no need to apologise....

#71 Brookar

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:25 AM

Moi mwah bbighug.gif

#72 librablonde

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

Hi all,

I've been missing in action again for a while as once I got a new modem and got back online, then my computer died it's final death. But today I got a cheap little laptop, so am back yet again.

Moi Mwah- I'm so, so sorry about AF pending. Vent away, hun, it's what we're here for. I hope you've got lots of love and support around you right now. I know there's nothing anyone can say to make the pain less traumatic, but you'll be in my thoughts over the next few days. xoxox hhugs.gif I wish there was a non-smiling emoticon!!!

#73 Tussycat

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

Brookar, good luck today m'am !! By the time you read this, hopefully you're resting comfortably at home, ideally with someone to wait on you hand & foot !

Spock, how is jabbing ? When are you looking at having your first scan ? Is Sooty being a good puppy ? My furbaby has been a source of many cuddles over past two days, DH is away for work.

halby, how are you managing ? Sorted out those junk drawers yet ? Any twingeys ?

Libra, missed you, hope you're little laptop is the new answer to your internet issues. How are you traveling ?

countrymel, rose, flamingo where you are ladies ? I hope you are doing okay.

carita, I am not sure if you are back from US yet, but I am thinking of you & praying for your family.

Haven't heard how cheshire cat is faring either; it was an FET from what I recall ?

mrs.n.p, how are you doing ?

Hi to anyone else I've missed.

AFM, Thanks for your posts guys.  It's definitely the end of the cycle.  Nothing like a crinone-infused AF to confirm that.  Sorry if TMI but I think at this stage we've all been through enough that there is not really such thing as TMI any more.

Next steps, option 1.  have an endo biopsy this cycle (discussed this with FS after m/c but decided to push on with stim cycle; option 2. do another FET (2 SIVF day 5 ones left, 7 old clinic day 2 ones on ice); option 3. do another stim cycle.  Options 2&3 I have to sit out a month either way so I am leaning towards the endo biopsy.  Anyone wise words of advice ?

Emotionally, I think I'll go back & see a counsellor to prepare myself for the possibility of this just not happening for us.  I always find talking to someone 'removed' helps in other areas of my life helps anyway.

#74 librablonde

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hi MM, I have no words of wisdom but my first thoughts are that you need to take a week (or two) to make a decision about your next step (let the hormones and trauma settle down a bit). It's great that you have some FET's waiting if need be, so I'm glad you have them as a possibility. After doing a stim cycle it might be worth doing the endo biopsy then a FET, before you shock your body with another round of stim cycle medication. But what do I know? It's such a personal decision, and you'll work out what's best for your body and mind. The fact that you have 9 frosties left is a massive bonus, so don't discount them as a real possibility of a BFP in the future. xoxoxo

#75 Brookar

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

Moi mwah - I don't have any words of wisdom either really, but if you have the endo biopsy and it's result indicate something off balance that can be treated and give your frosties that extra chance of success, I'd possibly be leading towards that, although I know it feels like it just prolongs the waiting longer. I'm sorry your DH is not around for cuddles right now, so hang on tight to your beautiful fur baby.

Spock - So glad you've finally started jabbing and are on track again. Even though it's not the most pleasant thing in the world, sometimes it can feel a lot better than doing nothing waiting for that dreaded AF.

Halby - I hope your DD is feeling a little better today and that 2ww isn't messing with your head too much.

Librablone - I hope that little laptop means the end of your computer problems. I hope all else is well.

Hi everyone else popping in and out...

Afm - We had a nice surprise today at EPU with a surprise 2 bonus eggs that we weren't expecting, so 8 in total.  Now to wait for the scientist's call tomorrow.  I feel really seedy this afternoon like I've had a night on the wine...if only...on to my friend crinone once a day now until ET which I'm then assuming will go to twice a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.