26 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=863601

#2 ToodlePopsMum

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

Gold!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Aley!! He had a fantastic day - we went down south to wine, cheese and chocolate country and it was perfect!  We spent the day at a brewery, sitting out in the sun, drinking a few beers with family and a few close friends whilst the kids played in the playground.  Perfect!!

Bbl as I'm on my phone and it's a pain in the ass to type out big replies!!

#3 winelover

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

Bronze!!!!

Gosh..this one was left for a long time before anyone claimed it!!!

Went to one of our frirnds 3rd b'days today.  OMG this girl has had the most amazing party's for Birthdays 1,2 and 3. Like I said to hubby how are they going to top that when it gets to 16th, 18th and 21st?

#4 KnightsofNi

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful ladies. I hope you all have had a lovely day.

Happy Birthday to those I have missed. We are all getting pretty crap at posting these days, me most of all I think.

It was Owen's birthday on Friday. I can't believe he is no longer my baby. He really is such a big boy, he seems so grown up. And such a charmer.

We went out for lunch for Mother's Day today. It was really nice, and even nicer when we found out at the end of the meal that mother's eat for free, and half of us were mothers!

Work is alright. I like my work, but I am struggling a bit with the work/life balance. But we are coping, and things will get easier as they get older, and when I am off probation I can have an occassional day off with the kids.

Annabelle is driving us nuts. She is an adorable, intelligent, funny, sweet (at heart) girl. But she throws everything, hits occassionaly, is rude, doesn't listen, is demanding and mean to Owen. How long until she comes out the other side??????? I might give her away for a few years.  biggrin.gif

Have a good week everyone.

Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful ladies. I hope you all have had a lovely day.

Happy Birthday to those I have missed. We are all getting pretty crap at posting these days, me most of all I think.

It was Owen's birthday on Friday. I can't believe he is no longer my baby. He really is such a big boy, he seems so grown up. And such a charmer.

We went out for lunch for Mother's Day today. It was really nice, and even nicer when we found out at the end of the meal that mother's eat for free, and half of us were mothers!

Work is alright. I like my work, but I am struggling a bit with the work/life balance. But we are coping, and things will get easier as they get older, and when I am off probation I can have an occassional day off with the kids.

Annabelle is driving us nuts. She is an adorable, intelligent, funny, sweet (at heart) girl. But she throws everything, hits occassionaly, is rude, doesn't listen, is demanding and mean to Owen. How long until she comes out the other side??????? I might give her away for a few years.  biggrin.gif

Have a good week everyone.

#5 winelover

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

Hellooooooo!!!!!!

How are we all doing with our 3 year old children??

#6 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

we are too busy telling them off to post  happy.gif

#7 winelover

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Twiztid @ 29/05/2011, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we are too busy telling them off to post  happy.gif

lol..I hear ya!

#8 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

after months of 5am wake ups, trying putting the timer on the tv so she could watch cartoons, leaving her breakfast and a drink so she could get it the following morning i finally caved and got a groclock.

I thought it was great as she slept till 7am (until the sun comes up) for the first 4 mornings but now we are back up at 5am. She knows she isnt allowed out of her room until trhe sun comes up and we started a rewards chart if she slept till then but she doesnt seem to care.

On a side note i hate ride-on things in the mall, theres like 5 of them in my local store and the moment you walk in the door there is temper tantrums as i wont let her on them.

#9 Cantankerous

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hello!!!!!!!!!
Gee we are all a bit slack but we all understand life just gets in the way lol.
Where have these years gone! 3yr olds!
Whos started at kinder?
Whos having trouble with little people?

Hows TT going?

E is not at kinder I couldnt afford to send her to that and day car so we chose day care and she will attend kinder next year.
I'm having huge trouble with E not understanding that she cant wear dresses when its 2c outside but no mater how much I can try and convice even get her dressed she will climb into her cupboard and get a dress. When she has 100's of. Damn the little minds.
Althought she did her first Knock knock joke at me the other day so very cute coming from a 3yr old lol.

TT well we are day trained but no where near night trained. Anyone got any hints how to go about that? I dont mind so much at least a pack of pull up nappies last over a month now.

Me- well work sucks but where doesnt I've had 2 job interviews for other jobs one last week which I didnt get and one yesterday which I havent heard back from. Still nursing but going for public rather than private. Not so sure about job ATM my work place seesm to be going through facilitys managers a bit faster than usual we going on No.3 since in 12 months. Time to get more secure.
9 months until the wedding, OMG the planning and the cost! as soon as wedding is mentioned its huge I had someone wanting to charge $60 to do a child hair in a updo. No bloody way need to find cheaper I'm a bit of a tight a*se when it comes to that stuff, I've got some very cool bargins. Ebay is my best friend.
I brought DS tux for $1 yep $1 brand new worth $200 got my fake flowers $60 worth $399 I LOVE ebay!

ok thats enough for now see you whenever!

#10 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

who isnt having trouble with little ones lol

TT- Charlotte is dry during the day but still wears a nappy to bed, im not too fussed about night time, shes not going to be peeing the bed when shes 20 so no rush.

Kindy- Ive got her name down for next year when i think she starts the term after she turns 4 but shes been in childcare since she was 6 months and she loves it there (more than my house sad.gif )

#11 ToodlePopsMum

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

geez we are slack aren't we:)  only on page two and we have had this since April hahahaha

nothing much going on around here.  aley is wee trained for both day and night but is struggling with poos.  he only poos every 2-3 days and always in his jocks!  so frigging annoying!  i have thrown away soooooo many pairs of jocks that the kid is about to go commando!

right.....off for a dinner and movie date night with hubby tonight original.gif

#12 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hi original.gif We are all plodding along nicely here.

E is daytrained, but not nights. She gets up hours before I do and hangs around in her nappy, I have no idea if she's dry at nights or not. She's started the preschool program at her daycare and the more structured learning is making a huge difference to her letters and numbers. She can write the letters of her name, although she doesn't get the concept of words yet so can't write her name IYKWIM. At her 3yo health check she was 90th% for height and 75th% for weight. She won't wear anything that isn't pink unless there is no alternative. She is mad about cleaning and I'm pretty sure she is more domesticated than I am wink.gif

I'm on uni holidays at the moment, so boring. My house is clean because there's nothing else to do ohmy.gif It's my 5yr anniversary with DH this weekend, it will be awesome to have a kid-free weekend to celebrate happy.gif

#13 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

so toy sales huh.. waste of money but i did find myself sucked in and got a few zhuzhu pets and a leapfrog thing. really wanted outdoor play equipment but theres no room in this backyard and we are buying another house next year and i dont really want to have to pull it down again.

Little Miss C loves cleaning too, though when ive only got 1 day off of work a week and im fighting with her over the vaccum i kind of wish she wasnt so 'helpful'.

C gets colours and shapes but i think she is a bit off of writing letters or doing drawings that look like anything other than scribbles.

#14 HiddenJewel

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

*sneaks in*

Just hoping I can set up home in here! My DS#2 is an April baby (29th) but no one posts in that month. sad.gif Noah was due on the 3rd May but decided he needed to grow more (and fast!) and decided to come a few days early.

*sneaks out*

#15 ToodlePopsMum

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

Yeah of course you can original.gif. We don't write as much as we used to!!

Most of our little people were due in May but all came in April wink.gif. Were all just too impatient to wait their turn hahaha.

#16 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

For those with 2 (or more). Do you find you have less cuddle time with your 3 y/o now that you have more additions.

#17 winelover

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

Welcome Hidden Jewel!

Yes, we all wish we posted more often!!

But I know for me...with 2 now...I have LESS time for everything! Especially as there are no more day naps for 3 year old!!

What does everyone do with 3 year olds during down time in the arvo?  Here we try and do "school work" or quiet "scrapbooking" whilst little sister is asleep.

Hope everyone is travelling well
Kath xx

#18 winelover

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

hello!!
How's everyones week been?
quiet?
or quite busy!!

lol

#19 winelover

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

Hello waves.gif

Think I am just talking to myself original.gif

#20 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

Hi original.gif

I took a break from EB (well, my computer as a whole) for a while there, but now I'm sucked back in rolleyes.gif How are your 3yos? DH and I were just saying this arvo we'd love to go out for dinner but we'd have to take E with us, so NO WAY. biggrin.gif

I will have to add you guys back on FB!

#21 KnightsofNi

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

Hello all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long time, no speak. I have missed you guys. blush.gif

Things have been seriously difficult of late. I think I left you all when I went back to work? Working full time (with a huge commute) a baby, a toddler and a husband that works rediculous hours is not so easy! tongue.gif

But things seem to be settling down. It has been nice to keep in touch with some of you on FB in the mean time.

So quick catch up......

I am still working at the same place. I like the job well enough, but it certainly isn't perfect. I appraoched them a couple of months ago about dropping a day and on Friday they said yes! Yay!!! I know it is only a day, but I think it will make life a lot easier. The kids can catch up with sleep, catch up with me, I can catch up with housework. It will be great! Two more weeks and then I start part time.

Annabelle is as gorgeous as ever. She is so clever! She knows all her letters and the sounds they make. She can write most of them. She is just starting to read and add her numbers. She is funny and very sweet. I was putting her to bed and she told me 'I am so lucky to have a brother'.  wub.gif She did dancing for a while, which I thought she woudl love, but funnily enough, no. We found a kindergym that runs on Saturday, and both the kids love that, so we are going back to kindergym. But we don't go on all weekends. We seem to have birthday parties to go to every weekend which keep us busy. A fairy/pirate party today which was lots of fun. Oh, and DD is still a sh*thouse sleeper. Still wakes up overnight and most nights end up in our bed. And to add to the fun, a couple of nights a week, she won't go to bed without me.

Owen is soo big now. He is running, starting to talk. He says daddy, mummy, bubbles, oh oh, bottle and something else that I forget. He is such a gorgeous boy, and so cute with his dimples. He is a decent sleeper, he settles easily and sleeps through about half the time. He loves his food and will eat anything and everything (generally - he is teething horribly at the moment so is off his food). He loves to draw and build blocks and hates when he doesn't get included in things (which can prove a problem with an older sibling). He is a really affectionate child and he and Annabelle have a beautiful relationship.

I don't have much else in my life except work and my kids to report upon. No time! I am serving on jury duty, but so far have avoided a murder trial and a sexual assault of minors trial and been selected for nothing.

Some recent photos of my gorgeous children.

Anyway, enough about me. How are you all? Anyone giving me a quick catch up of their life over the last 3 months?

I hope to pop in more often. Like I say, I miss you guys.

#22 winelover

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Kalita - so glad you have you back.

Hope - wow, everything is sounding fantastic. You are a really good Mummy. Your kids a re gorgeous xx Glad you were able to drop a day at work. I was worried about you doing full time.  Eeekkk glad you missed jury duty fro two horrible trials.

We will have to nudge the others and on FB and tell them to pop into EB and post.

I have a birth control question!!

HAve been on the mini pill since the arrival of number 2.  Have just finished breast feeding and was wondering what I should do.  Go back to normal pill? or something else? I am a bit of a traditional girl and haven't tried one of those things they stick in your arm or one of those mirenas or anything else.  Was just wondering if anyone else has any good/bad experiences they want to share.

#23 kgbird34

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hey everyone!  I'm terribly slack on here, but thought I'd drop in!  
Kath in regards to your birth control question, it all depends on how 'foolproof' you want it to be and how long for.  If you are thinking of any more additions to the family at some point you're probably better off on something like the pill that you can just 'come off' and get going again, but if you're thinking more long term something like the thingie in the arm or the uterus might be better.  Good luck!  How are your beautiful girls going?
HOPE your kids are gorgeous!  I hope you feel much better about dropping a day at work, and mummy Wednesday sounds great!  What did you get up to?  I had a great day on Tuesday, put the kids in occasional care for 3 hours and walked around the lake (6km) then went shopping at Target and had afternoon tea all by myself!  Then I picked the kids up, dropped them home to DH and had an hour massage, it was bliss.  Yesterday I got out to a PT session of boxing and then went and saw 'the change up' at the movies, it was very funny!  And today had an inservice at work for 3 hours.  Whilst it was boring it's all reminding me there's a world out there!
I am back at work 2 days a week and have found it very stressful as so many things have changed but I'm getting there.  Ed is a little delight, he's mostly a chubby happy little darling who goes with the flow, but Bells is still pulling my chain!  Got a live on there!  Grace is starting to act very teenagery so both girls are keeping me on my toes in very different ways; thank goodness for Ed and his simple little needs  original.gif .  I have 2 weeks to go till I'm off on my annual pokie trip to Moama again, just can't wait!  2 nights on my own in my own motel room.... bliss.  Take care darlings xxx Rachel.

#24 KnightsofNi

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

Birth Control - The only methods I will use are the pill and condoms. I really don't like the idea of inserting anything inside me (well apart from the obvious!) roll2.gif DH will go for the big V if we still want no more children when Owen reaches school.

Rach, I am very jealous of your trip.

We are all well. My kids are just a bit wonderful. My marriage seems to be a bit rocky though. We will see where that goes. It is out 10th wedding anniversary in a few weeks as well.

One more month and we are going on our first family holiday. 6 days on the Gold Coast. I CAN NOT wait!! The kids get to go on a plane for the first time, stay in a hotel for the first time, and do so many fun things they have never done before. It will be fantastic. I love nothing more than watching them have fun.

#25 Cantankerous

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Another slacker.
Wow big almost 4 yr olds now.
I see most things on FB so its my way ot staying in touch.
Quick wrap up. E is booked in at kindy, I still have a broken leg surgery next week. DS now lives with his father and is been really hard because X is such an a*s*hole.
I'm off to uni next year to do my bach nursing plus work so all be a bit tough but I'm sure it will all work out.
Still got my horses but got a new spunky boy lol.
Not much else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.