#3 michie0moo

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

Silver

off to see what we were talking about in last thread

#4 Lil Mummy

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

BRONZE

My first time Ever!!

But probably my last I think I will stick to the Facebook group now, will pop in when I remember &/or Have the time.
hheart.gif  hheart.gif  hheart.gif

#5 JupitersMoon

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

I requested to join a Facebook group but I have no idea if it's the right one, there were 4 groups with the same name!

How many day sleeps are all youir bubbas having now and how much awake time do you get between naps?

#6 Sally256

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

Hi everyone!

It's been so long since i've added a reply but I rarely sit on the computer to do it, but have always been reading along from my phone. So much that i've been wanting to add though!

Congratulations to cougarmuppet and baby baker on their pregnancies! You are both brave beings! I recently heard of someone I know getting pregnant when her baby was 4 months old - obviously thinking that breastfeeding was contraception enough! Nuh uh! That's a risk i'm not game enough to take!
Cougarmuppet - I hope this kiddo stays the right way around! All those breech dramas were horrible, weren't they? With regards to VBAC, I think it depends on your ob/midwife. I gave birth in the birth centre of my local hospital which is all natural, and they have a very positive attitude towards VBAC. If your ob doesn't, ask around and maybe post a question on EB.

Welcome Lil Mummy!

Facebook group - can someone who is friends with me add me? I looked for it but didn't recognise anyone in any of the groups.

Ellie - good luck with your travels! When are you going? Sorry if you already mentioned. You are game to travel now. But I guess it's different when you're going to see close family.

Michie - how is Charlotte's sleep going now? I know it was a while ago, but the idea of letting your baby cry it out will only work if you both agree on it, but it's usually the man that initiates it I think! Tbh, my DH encouraged me to do it and I don't regret it, he's a much better sleeper now and he actually wakes up happy and refreshed rather than grumpy... most of the time anyway. But I appreciate that it's not for everyone.

Weaning - I'm in two minds about it. S still feeds 3 times a day, sometimes only twice. I never feel uncomfortably full. He's started pulling at my top in public and I really hate that. He's almost exposed me a few times! But I also feel like it's really important to keep going, for his health and I also like the bond it gives us. In my mind, i've always wanted to get to about 15 months and a maximum of 2 years. But I'm not sure anymore...

michelle~a
- sorry for not writing sooner. How was Thailand? I'm sorry to hear you are having a difficult time. I think having a baby was the hardest thing i've ever done because it was such a big adjustment. I don't have friends with kids either, apart from those i've met after having him. I hope you do get help for how you're feeling as it may help you to enjoy this time, rather than resent it. Try not to stay at home too much. I found joining a gym with a creche helped me to get out of the house. And also joining mothers groups. Are you going back to work?

Bec - congrats on the new house!

1st birthday
- we're having a big one. We're hiring a community hall because our place is a townhouse and wouldn't fit everyone. His party is on the 18th of June, and think there'll be around 50 guests.

Childcare/going back to work - S is starting next week and i'm going back to work 2 weeks after that. I thought i'd put him in before I return to work to ease him in so i'll only leave him there for a few hours to start and build up. The place he's going to is really convenient location wise. They're new and next week is actually their opening week. I'm sure he'll love it because he enjoys the gym creche. I'm kind of looking forward to having to cook a little less for him! lol. I'm only worried that he will struggle to sleep in their cot. I wouldn't say i'm looking forward to going back to work but i'm also not dreading it. Being able to fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes has made it a little more exciting!

F&E - hope things are ok with you and your DH.

Do your bubs prefer you over DH/partner? - absolutely. He likes to be held and played with by DH, but if i'm around he just wants me. In fact lately it's been really annoying. He's been so clingy. I can't do anything without him hanging around my ankles wanting me to carry him or play with him. It gets a bit much if i've been home with him all day listening to his whinging so I try to get out every day.

Teeth - 7 teeth now, he's never really been fussy when they come up either which is lucky.

All the photos of your bubs are just adorable! I'm friends with a lot of you on FB so you've probably seen recent pics of Samir, but here is one anyway, plus one with a few June babies (allyire, 11baby11 and F&E). Hope these work.

Haircut - S has had 3 now! As you can see, he has a lot of hair. It's so thick. We shaved it twice and a few days ago trimmed his sideburns and fringe! Lol.

Well that's it from me! S is up so i'm off to the gym! Enjoying my last few weeks of freedom...  cry1.gif

Sal.

Edited to answer your Q jupitersmoon - Currently 2 day sleeps. He'll stay up for 3-4 hours. But we're not in a strict routine so it can vary from day to day. He will usually sleep for 1-1.5 hours. There are days when he only sleeps once in the day though if he's had a short nap in the car and then he goes to bed a little earlier that day. Bedtime is usually between 6 and 7pm.

Edited by Sally256, 02 May 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#7 mumma2bubba

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hi Everyone,

Wow, there's been heaps of news!  Congratulations on your pregnancies Babybaker and Cougermuppet - I hope you're both feeling well and getting lots of rest.  We were considering 3 little ones, but with the sleeping trouble we've been having, I think Charlie will be the last..... sad.gif

Work  I have just extended my maternity leave.  DH works an unpredictable roster which only comes out 2 weeks before it starts, and I am a shift worker too, so there is no way that we'd be able to co-ordinate it so that it actually worked.  I can't seem to find a childcare centre that I am happy with that opens at 6.30am and allows you to change days (funny thing that!) so, I am just going to have to stay at home for now!  Sometimes I feel like I really need to get back to work as I am a bit over the whinging child thing, and other times I am just so happy to not be working. Does anyone else feel this way?

Feeding  Charlie has really cut back on the breastfeeding.  He fed 2 hourly around the clock until he was about 9 months, and now he's only having 1-3 feeds per day, depending on how he feels.  My boobs are feeling kind of "flat" - it's an attractive look!

Facebook  I'm not friends with anyone as I am kind of new to the whole thing - I have looked for the June 2010 babies and can't recognise which group it is - how do you find people??

I am loving all of the photos you're all putting up - I don't know how to do it though!  As for haircuts - we cut Charlie's "sideburns" the other day - they are looking like I need to do them again though!

We're still having an awful time with sleeping, DH and I are like zombies all the time.  However, DS is a lot better than he was a few months ago, so I shouldn't complain.  He was awake and SCREAMING the house down from midnight until 1.30am this morning, then slept until 6am.  I suppose that is not too bad.  I sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with him - but he's so happy and content during the day, it just doesn't make sense.  Any ideas?

I had better go and get some things done.  Great to hear all of the news.  Would love to catch up on Facebook if someone could point me in the right direction!

Cheers
M2B

#8 Lil Mummy

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

M2B- That's no good about Charlie waking through the night! I am lucky in that regard, I was having so many troubles with Kane's sleeping & had no routine so at 6 months so I started the 'Save Our Sleep' routine & ever since he has slept from 7pm to 6am & it has been great! I find you have to stay very strict with it to work =)
Routine will help you to gain control of bub, it will make such a huge change. I promise. It's hard at first listening to their crying to learn self settling but well worth it!

Work- I feel exactly the same sometimes love not working but

#9 Lil Mummy

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Lil Mummy @ 02/05/2011, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
M2B- That's no good about Charlie waking through the night! I am lucky in that regard, I was having so many troubles with Kane's sleeping & had no routine so at 6 months so I started the 'Save Our Sleep' routine & ever since he has slept from 7pm to 6am & it has been great! I find you have to stay very strict with it to work =)
Routine will help you to gain control of bub, it will make such a huge change. I promise. It's hard at first listening to their crying to learn self settling but well worth it!

Work- I feel exactly the same sometimes love not working but

My internet stuffed up, I didn't even realise it posted. Lol
But as I was say I enjoy being home with Kane but recently have been craving some kind of mental stimulation & more financial freedom.

Weaning- Kane done very well with weaning I only recently took him off the breast & put him onto formula, since being on formula he's put on like 1.5kg in 3 weeks! I couldn't believe how much it was plus how chubby he looks now =) Lol its so cute!

Off to have a look at facebook group =)

#10 michie0moo

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

M2B - if you search for me I will invite you to the group.
Charlotte isn't sleeping through either. She is getting better though except last night when she didn't want to go back to sleep at 12:30 (til almost 2:30). She was pretty happy though so no ideas about the screaming but I was getting pretty frustrated. Made me wish I co-slept. Actually, we did have one night where she really wouldn't calm down I had no idea what was wrong that night at the time but she seemed in pain and it took a while to calm her down enough to give her some panadol. *TMI* The next day we concluded she was storing up a huge number of dumps so I guess that was the issue.

I'm not going back to work right now either. We have similar issues with DH's work and to be honest I don't really want to go back. I have to find a new job too as we moved when I was pregnant so I don't have anything lined up.

Sal - I'm not interested in CC or CIO methods and I have gradually convinced DH of this and I think he is fine with that now. Since it is me that has to do it and get up, I get to decide how to deal. I have been working on some gentle methods and making progress. I've also discovered that DH's perception of how well she sleeps completely correlates to how tired he is. If he is tired, she could sleep from 7 to 5:30 and he would still think that was a bad night. She goes down to bed fine (well, fine-ish, often still fed to sleep) but usually wakes up at some point through the night. Often it is only once though and I'm not quite prepared to night wean yet. I have decided that I'll wait until she is 1, not because she really needs it but logistically that will be better for us as we go away next week for 2 weeks. The problem at the moment is that I have absolutely no help right now as DH is away on overnights a lot at the moment. He is away at the moment and even when he is home, sending him to work on no/little sleep is not an option so we have to pick our time if I want him to do the re-settles at night to break the cycle. She is totally happy during the day too so I am pretty sure she gets enough sleep and she wakes up happy in the morning so I know she is doing ok.

So exciting Cougermuppet and BabyBaker
I had a check up with the doctor today to get bloods etc to try again. I have no idea if I'm even O-ing though because I haven't stopped the minipill yet and C is still breastfeeding pretty regularly.

Haircuts - not even close to one here.

Weaning - no plans here yet. I just figure I will go until she is ready BUT I reserve the right to change my stance on this. My Mum had to resort to dramatic measures to wean me. I would happily drink cows milk from a cup if she wasn't there but wanted (.y.) and could not be refused if she was there. She ended up sending me over to my Grandma's for a few days biggrin.gif

#11 mumma2bubba

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

Thanks Michie, will look for you!  Sorry to hear you are having similar sleep issues - luckily my DH doesn't do overnights so he's always here (well from about 11pm onwards!) - we take it in turns to have a sleep in which really helps.  Today was his turn as he's on lates......  so it's my bedtime!

CIO/CC  I am not ruling it out completely, but for the moment, we're trying the more gentle methods.  I have read far too much research regarding the damage to a baby's brain due to CIO..... unsure.gif   However, we have decided if this whole calamity continues for too much longer (date to be specified later....!) then CIO/ CC may be the only solution.  We're currently getting by on about 4-6 hours broken sleep a night.  It is kind of ridiculous, particularly given that he HAS SLEPT THROUGH BEFORE!

ENOUGH!
Take care everyone!
M2B

#12 ~bluebird~

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (michie0moo @ 03/05/2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've also discovered that DH's perception of how well she sleeps completely correlates to how tired he is. If he is tired, she could sleep from 7 to 5:30 and he would still think that was a bad night.

Haha michie, this is my DH too. Though, James has had a few rough night this week so DH has actually had something to complain about. He has a cold and I think some more teeth are coming through, and he might be getting cold at night too because he always throws his blanket off.

James is starting ChildCare next week, I'm going back to work in a month and only 3 days a week and I'm so emotional about it. I don't know if it's the right decision, but DH and I agree that we should at least give it a go and see if it works for us. I think James will actually like CC but it will be a long day for him, and I'll probably only get home in time to give him a BF and kiss goodnight.

James is stil BF 4 times a day, might have to change that for child care.
Haircut - Nowhere near that either.

#13 michie0moo

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

M2B C has slept through before too which is very annoying.

Charlie good luck with childcare. Try not to let anyone make you feel guilty about it.

#14 kjh79

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

well hey every1

yet again its been awhile! how many of our bubs r walking? riley started last week but he still thinks crawling is faster lol but he takes up to 5 steps! hes saying bub dad mum and bye!

weaning hes showing no signs of even wanting to im suppose to be taking anti biotics for an ear infection that i cant take while bf but i couldnd o it he wasn interested in taking a bottle!

congrats to the new preg mums

aww i gota find the time to catch up on everything else

take care ladies

#15 ~*Bec*~

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hey Ladies, original.gif

Well Madison is all but weaned off the boob sad.gif sadly i needed her to start taking a night bottle but then she started fussing around on the boob daily, so i bottled her and now all she does is fusses on the boob sad.gif. I still try and feed her once or twice but i dont get very fair with it!

#16 angels11

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:42 AM

Hi all - I havent been on her forever - just tried to join the Facebook group as I find it too hard to get on here when on my mobile.  OMGosh - already preggie ladies on here!!  Anyway I don't know the EB username of the FB admin so I can send a PM and don't want to blow either of our covers so if someone could put it in here or she could just add me - my initials are J DR.

#17 kjh79

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

weaning where do i start riley loves his boobie n wont drink from a cup very much at all! any1 got any tips pls let me know biggrin.gif

#18 ~bluebird~

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

kjh79 - Wish I knew. not that I want to stop, but now that James is starting daycare, I need to cut out his day feeds. I know he doesn't always need them coz sometimes he just fusses, but don't know if I should be replacing them with something, the day care ladies seem to think it's strange that he doesn't have a bottle of anykind (longest he's been there so far was 5hrs).

#19 michelle~a

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

Hi Everyone! Another one who isn't on here often enough.

Sally: thank you for your reply. I am feeling much better, I am back at work two days a week and that has helped i think.

This week Amber had a viral Rash and so we all had to stay home. We don't have family around to take her on days like that so I am lucky that i have a good job and lots of sick leave saved up.

Charlie: Amber has been in daycare one day a week since January and she just Loves it! I think it really helps them aswel. She get sso much stimulation and interaction that I just can't/don't/won't give her so it helps me not feel like the worse mum in the world original.gif I hope james loves it too! Start him now if you can. Do lots of time there with him so he learns it is a safe place that mummy loves to go to aswel. That was best advice i was given

Amber went into her own room a week ago. That was when the fun started. Up until then she had been sleeping through.

Michie and Mumma2bubba: I don't know how you function with that little sleep. Amber is waking once a night (the first week it was pretty much hourly but we did expect that with the change of rooms) and it nearly kills me. I sure hope you get sorted out soon. Although I have friends who have taken the Controld Crying route with success, i'm with you. I have read so much about how it alienates the child, they become withdrawn etc (although do recover), it would break my heart. But I haven't had to deal with the problems that you guys have.

WOW to hear people are pregnant, i too know of someone who found out (she pretty much went into shock) she was pregnant when her bub was 4 months. Maybe it is the same person. LOL

Amber took her first steps today. stood up bold as brass and took three steps and collapsed into the beanbag! I was in shock!

Haircuts: Amber hadn't enough hair, but it does seem to be changing colour. I want to shave it off so it all grows uniform but my DF won't let me wink.gif

Feeding: Amber loves to feed herself. Its tiring and frustrating and exciting. I have worked out that we can have two spoons. one for her one for me. She does eventually eat more if doing it herself which is fantastic.

Have other mums given their bubs hot chips yet? I had no intention of doing it for a while but we gave in one day and now we have built a rod for our back as they say. If we are out for dinner it is all she wants. I will get her vege's but if she sees someone elses chips .. tantrums ahoy... sad.gif

Well happy birthdays to all those soon!!

#20 ~*Bec*~

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

Michelle - Madison chucks tantys at hot chips also, but if i gave her a carrot or spud instead she wouldnt be fazed, she just wants food! LOL

Edited by ~*Bec*~, 29 May 2011 - 10:53 AM.

#21 michelle~a

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (~*Bec*~ @ 29/05/2011, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Michelle - Madison chucks tantys at hot chips also, but if i gave her a carrot or spud instead she wouldnt be fazed, she just wants food! LOL

I was just wondering that myself. I might carry carrot sticks and see if that helps. I have stopped ordering them so it is going to do us both good original.gif

#22 ~*Bec*~

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

Theres no like button on EB HA HA !! **LIKE***

#23 michie0moo

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

michelle-a - glad to hear you are doing better.

Walking - Her first steps were a couple of weeks ago and she is gradually getting more confident and taking more steps at a time. She also went up the stairs at my Aunts place today for the first time. I've never let her try to go up our stairs as we just carry her up.

Sorry this is short. Home alone at the moment and haven't cleaned up after dinner yet.

#24 Sally256

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

Hi everyone, for those not on facebook, youre missing out! Most of the discussions happen there so if you want to join the group PM one of us that are on.

Michelle I'm really pleased to hear you're doing better. I too have returned to work 3 days a week and samir is in childcare those days. It is good for them, but its taking time for him to adjust. Today he refused to sleep there entirely. But it usually means he just sleeps better at night. He's still sleeping through *fingers crossed*.

As for CIO/CC I personally didn't notice a change in samirs behavior after doing it. He may have been a little quieter but I showed him lots of love and cuddles when he was awake to reassure him that I'm not abandoning him. It's paid off because he sleeps longer and has learnt to self settle. But I'm brutal  tongue.gif  I've said before you've got to be totally sure its what you want to do before doing it.

Only down to 1 nap a day now, but its a longish one, at least 1.5hrs.

He's also weaned. He decided he preferred cows milk more, which was fine with me.

Samir took his first steps last week, it was so exciting! He much prefers crawling but he will walk if encouraged.

Good to hear from those that aren't on FB.

Sal.

Oh Michie, samir loves going up the stairs. He rushes to them when we open the gate to them. He likes playing a game as he crawls up them which is pretending that I'm chasing him so he can go faster.

Edited by Sally256, 31 May 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#25 michelle~a

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (~*Bec*~ @ 29/05/2011, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Theres no like button on EB HA HA !! **LIKE***

I konw that annoys me wink.gif I need one on Twitter too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.