• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=879050

#2 Fossy

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

<!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->GOLD!<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Woo.  Now to read the end of the last thread, bbl!

Name: think~positve / Linda
Baby's Name & DOB: Lachlan 01/03/10
DP's Name: Aaron
Where you live: Darwin, NT

Name: Kim/ Kim
Baby's Name & DOB: Isabel 01/03/10
Other children: Andrew 07/08/01, Thomas 13/03/03
DP's Name: Geoff
Where you live: Wollongong, NSW

Name: jiminycricket/ Sarah-the third one in this group!!!
Baby's Name & DOB: James (Jimmy) Phillip 03.03.2010
Other children: DD Brie 31.12.1999
DP's Name: Ben
Where you live: Langwarrin Victoria

Name: Mamacass/ Cassie
Baby's Name & DOB: Adelita Evangeline, 7/3/10
Other children: Dylan Sebastian, 17/7/06
DP's Name: Jimmie
Where you live: Melbourne

Name: btd / Belinda
Baby&#8217;s Name/DOB: Harvey 09/03/10
Other Children: DD Bailey 3
Partner: Darren
Where you live: Sydney, NSW

Name: Scotsmum
Baby's Name & DOB: Kaelan 09/03/2010
Other children: Finn 11/2007
Where you live: Brisbane, QLD

Name: loriblue/ Lori
Baby's Name & DOB: Mahlia (mahli) Alexandra, 09/03/10
Other children: Amira 11/2007
DP's Name: : Rob
Where you live: Inner west of Sydney, NSW

Name: rokate/ Rowena
Baby's Name & DOB: Connor, 13/03/2010
DP's Name: Simon
Where you live: NSW

Name: syd_babe_99
Baby's Name & DOB: Tanika, 13/03/2010
Other Children: 1 angel son, one girl
DP's Name:
Where you live: Sutherland NSW

Name: ~Beckstar~
Baby's Name & DOB: Isla 16/03/10
Other children: Liam 2006
DP's Name: Dean
Where you live: Geelong, Vic

Name:2bubbalicious/Georgia
Baby's Name and DOB: Saffron 23/03/2010
Other Children Baxter- 6, Alaskah-Nearly 4
Where you live: Macedon Ranges, VIC

Name: Becs34 - Bec
Baby's Name & DOB: Lily Anne 23/03/2010
Other children: Jack 03/07/07
DP's Name: Shane
Where you live: Sydney

Name: Bec 230578
Baby's Name & DOB: Caitlin, 24 March 2010
Other children: Emma, 28 July 2006
Where you live: Blue Mountains, NSW

Name: threeplusone/Sarah
Baby's Name & BD: Zac 25.03.10
Other children: Lewis, 3 in July
Where you live: Mascot, Sydney

Name: 1st time saz/Sarah
Baby's Name & DOB: Jorja 01/04/10 1wk over
Partners Name: Kailin
Where you live: Morphett Vale, Adelaide, SA

Name: Kaizen
Baby's Name & DOB: Alyssa 04/04/10
Other children: 2 girls on Earth and 1 in Heaven.
Where you live: NSW

Edited by Fossy, 08 December 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#3 loriblue

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

Silver

That was a short thread.

Going back to read last post

#4 rokate

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

Sorry to keep you all waiting! Well no BFP for me, sad.gif we went away over easter though and I forgot to update before I left and just remembered then! We are giving it one more go this month before a 2-3month break so I am not to huge at my sisters wedding. I just hate that we have to put it on hold. DH maybe going away for 3months from sept-dec so we are hoping we fall pregnant before then... Ohwell enough rambling about that.

Connor has become MR INDEPENDENT although not walking yet but not far off either. He doesn't want help with eating or anything, if you put his food on a fork and pass it to him he takes it off and puts back on himself.

SYDNEY GIRLS: ARE YOU STILL UP FOR A CATCH UP THIS WEEK? WAS IT THIS WEEK?

#5 loriblue

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hi Ro
Sorry about your results.
Catch up next Wednesday, 11th May. Calling all Sydneysiders please come and join us.. Is Rhodes too far for the Eastie ladies? Sarah? Belinda? What do u think?

Linda- good luck with your house sale and the big move to Hobart. Hope it all goes smoothly. Do you have family there?

Next weekend is mother's Day. That will be nice. Not sure what we're doing.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend.

Ro where did u go for Easter?

#6 rokate

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

Lori-  11th it is. Easter was spent at my mother in laws in Canberra nothing exciting.

#7 Nowfor4

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hi All,

My computer is broken, I am currently at mum's!
Hope everyone is well!
All is good here! Saffron still sick, she can't win at the moment! She has an eye tooth and another one coming through, which is the cause of her getting sick, so hopefully whn they are through she will be back to herself! Getting more adventurous and taking 3-4 steps without help, so getting there!
Well the kids are at childcare and school today so have a day off, going to cook up a storm and clean the house, so better go!
Take care

#8 loriblue

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

Yay for Saffron walking. Bummer about her being sick.

Sarah- sounds like a busy fun filled week. Are you still right for next Wednesday?

Kaizen- hope A's nappy rash clears up. Poor Mahli had that too, we had changed her from goats milk formula to cows milk formula and she looked like she had pooed acid A's it was so red after a poo, eventhough we changed her nappy straight after she did one. We stopped that formula and just give her cows milk and it cleared up.

Little cheeky has woken up every 2 hours for the past 4 night. Ahhhh. It takes DH up to an hour each time to get her back to sleep. No teeth coming through but the ones at the back are troubling her I'm sure.

I have to put all the little chairs flat on their back so M can't climb onto them, then onto the little kids table, after I caught her when she had pushed the kids chair to the normal chair climbed up and was about to get onto the dining table. She's so cheeky.

I love how much she understands language. She's now feeding herself with a spoon. She's so clear about what she wants ( which is usually not what she is allowed). She say baa for bye and waves when she goes off. When her sister asks for something Miss M throws it away rather than giving it to her.

Hello everyone.

Kim- you've been quiet, busy with visitors I guess.

#9 threeplusone

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hi,

2bubbalicious - sounds like Saffron will be walking any day.

Lori - So Mahli is a climber?  I dread the day I walk in to find Zac on the dining table  ohmy.gif He can't get on the lounge yet because it is slippery leather but when he can I know he will be falling off alot, he is so clumsy.

I'm not sure about Weds because I've been doing O/T at the hospital for the last few weeks on Tues and Weds. Will let you know.

#10 loriblue

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

I can't do this Wednesday Sydney people. Washing machine repairer is in my area on Wed and when I asked him a time he said "love I can't give you a time" does he really expect me to stay home ALL day? What about people who work full time? Grrr.

Can people make it 18th May instead?

#11 bec578

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

Jumping on the new thread, turns out I only missed 2 pages of the other one, it was pretty short.

All going well here, Caitlin is a cheeky miss, not far off walking. She is taking more & more steps on her own, up to about 6 now, but won't walk across the room. Such a welcome break really, as DD1 walked at 10 months. She can climb though! DD1 was never much of a climber. They are all different original.gif

Lori - so annoying washing machine people!

#12 rokate

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:07 AM

Hello, I hope you all had a lovely mothers day!
Poor Connor has been very sick with this horrible flu all for  about 5 days now and when we took him to Dr on Saturday his temp was 39! Thankfully we managed to keep down and he is slowly starting to eat again.

We are to meet up on the 18th instead!!!

We are now just in the 2ww, boring! Hopefully it results in a BFP!

We had a fantastic mothers full of yummy food and new PJ's, gotta love new PJ's! original.gif

#13 Kim

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

Happy mothers day everyone!

Wow I haven't posted in ages, just been so busy with family and work and stuff.

Everything is great here.

We had a lovely Easter, rented a house near the beach down the coast and just relaxed.

Mothers day was low key yesterday, Geoff was away, so of course yesterday was the day Isabel woke screaming at 6 am.

I then had to remind the boys I needed breakfast in bed, then ask for my gifts...  Rofl.

Went and made mum breakfast, then made myself some lovely chicken filo wraps for lunch, then went back to mums to see her again and family.

Dh was home when I got home at 3pm and he cooked a lovely dinner.

Am currently having my lie in that I never got yesterday.. Woohoo

Oh but the big news, isabel took 6 independent steps yesterday, she did it twice.

Thoughts on this, is this the date for the baby book?  It is technically her first steps even though she still isn't walking.

The boys were so different, they let go and walked,, then pretty much never crawled again, Isabel is up and down like a yoyo.

Ro - crossing fingers for your 2ww

#14 Nowfor4

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

Hi All,

Kim-Yes I would say first steps, well done Isabel! Saffron has gone back to only 2 in between the furnitiure, something has made her lose her confidence!
Ro-Good luck in the two week wait, I always found that fustrating! Saffron had the same thing, 7 days of 38-39.5 degree temps, tonsilitis and the worst snotty nose! The temps have gone but the snotty nose has remained, going on 2 weeks now, so frustrating! At least the snoring has stopped! I would walk dh into her room and say, listen to her, that is what you sound like! He was mortified!!lol!!
Lori-Yes, I hate when people can't give you a time! I hope they can fix it for you! Lol about Mahli thowing things away from dd1, it's funny how early they become aware of what annoys their siblings!!
Bec230578-Go Caitlyn! Yes they are all different, ds was 16 months when he started walking, dd1 was 13 months, so will see where Saffron lands!
3+1-How is work going? Saffron is starting to climb, not as bad as ds was though, hopefully no one encourages it!!
Hi to everyone else!
Not mush else going on here! 8 weeks til I do the Gold Coast 1/2 marathon, so training madly at the moment! Ooh and booked everything for New York the other day, so my sister and I go for the first week of Sept, back before Sept 11, didn't really want to be over there for that! Very excited!!!
Hope everyone had a great mothers day! I ran 15.4 kms in the morning, and dh took the kids to see his mum, so I had a nice coupole of hours on the couch afterwards by myself!!
Anyway, best clean this brothel of a house!
See ya

#15 loriblue

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

2bubba- so jealous about NY. I had a brief flirtation with the idea of going to NY in September too. Would have been good to go with DH and belatedly celebrate my 40th. But our girls are too young to leave with someone else, so maybe in a few years. I went to Paris for my 30th (I was living in London at the time)

Mahli is upright and walking just about full time. She even went up a little step twice without falling over. She's a real little chatterbox, we can't understand what she says but that doesn't stop her.

Sydney people- Wednesday. See you there.

#16 bec578

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

Way to go Mahli!  original.gif  Caitlin walked across the lounge room last night for the first time, but will still get down to crawl. Give her another couple of weeks I reckon

We are trying to work out where to go in September, our 10th wedding anniversary on 8th. Would love to go to North QLD or something, will be with DD1 & 2 as a family holiday

Good luck Ro

Kim is Isabel walking more yet?

2bubba - what a great mother's day. DH worked, so pretty uneventful here. However on his next day off I got pancakes for breakfast

Lori did your washing machine get fixed? Not good when they are broken, the backlog is terrible

Hope to make it on Wednesday all going well

#17 Kim

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

Just the odd few steps here and there Bec.  She freestands and bobs and dances and if you catch her unawares she will take up to 10 steps, then once she figures out she is walking she will panic and sit down.

I think she likes freeing up her hands by walking, she likes to carry stuff around, but then prefers the speed of crawling.

Any plans for your birthday Bec?  None for me as yet

How are everyones routines going?  Anyone transistioning to one sleep yet?  I am finding Isabel sleeps 2 sleeps some days and only one sleep others.

Our tv died yesterday, so I am waiting for dh to wake from night shift then we are off to price a new one.

#18 Nowfor4

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hi All!

Lori-I know, I feel a bit better knowing that my dh is home with the kids while I am in New York, if he and I went without the kids, I think I would be a nervous wreck!! I will feel a bit funny as I haven't been away from dh and the kids for longer than a day, but I am sure a bit of retail therapy will ease it!!lol!!
Kim-Saffron still having 2 sleeps, the others were having 1 by now, cut out all sleeps by 2, so will see how she goes!
Bec230578-Ooh FNQ sounds beautiful, I have been to Cape Tribulation, Port Douglas and Cairns! Palm Beach has really good resorts, a friend of mine has been going every year, before and now with kids, can't fault it!!
Hi to everyone else!
Saffron has justed started yelling at us all the time! It is so annoying, if she wants something she just yells at you! Poor dd1 would just run and give her what she wanted just to shut her up! Today we worked on Saffron saying Ta for something and dd1 repeating Ta until Saffron said, then she gave it to her! I hope it is a phase, it has been doing my head in for 3 days! Oh loving the transition to toddler!! wink.gif
Anyway, better go, Pilates at my house in an hour and I need to clean!
Have fun at the Sydney catch up on Wednesday!

#19 loriblue

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

Kim- bummer about the tv.

Bec- we bought a new washing machine a fridge on Saturday and had them delivered Sunday morning and I'd say the washing machine has done 8 loads by Monday lunchtime. It actually spins the clothes so I don't have to hang them to drip dry. Yay.

Mahli loves carrying things, she tried to carry her sisters school bag. But is pretty happy carrying anything. She even likes to help empty the dishwasher.

#20 bec578

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

Kim no plans for birthday next Monday yet, perhaps dinner the local club, as kids eat free on Monday's & it's on DH's way home, so we could meet him there

Lori - hope you have caught up on washing by now. Here in the mountains I get bugger all sun on my washing this time of year & it just doesn't dry. Luckily I have another line under some suntuf roofing which gets a little warmer & seems to dry. Other than that it's clothes airers in front of the fireplace after the girls go to bed at night & take everything off first thing in the morning, as the lounge room isn't big enough for both playing & drying at the same time

Sleeps - Caitlin has 1 at day care on Thursday & Friday then spends Saturday catching up. She usually has a 3 hour & 1.5 hour. Rest of the time it's 2 sleeps about 1.5 to 2 hours each. DD1 Emma never ever had a 3 hour day sleep, so it's quite unusual! She had 2 sleeps until 18 months old, but they were lucky to be an hour each

I'm going to have to bail on the catch up tomorrow, sorry Lori. Caitlin has a cough & runny nose & is miserable today. Would rather give her a day at home on Wednesday. Hopefully she will be well enough for day care on Thursday, otherwise I feel she might be staying home. Maybe next time! I've been wanting to take Emma to the park there forever & we never seem to get there, grr

#21 loriblue

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

So great to meet Ro, Connor,  Belinda and Harvey today. Don't feel like I sat down and finished a conversation though. 2 lil girls on the move does not make it easy.

Bec sorry we missed you. The playground is great, needs some more shade though.

#22 rokate

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hello everyone.

As you can see by sig CONNOR IS GOING TO BE A BIG BROTHER.... After having this confirmed by bloods the other day we are very excited. Please keep it quiet on facebook etc. though.

It was great seeing Lori and Belinda oh and of course your beautiful children, Lori your girls are stunning.  biggrin.gif

#23 Kim

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:26 AM

Congratulations Ro!

How exciting, more babies

Here's to a trouble free 9 mths for you!

#24 Nowfor4

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

Woo hoo, congrats Ro!!
Wonder who will be next!!!!lol!!

#25 threeplusone

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

Well don't look at me 2bubbalicious!

Congrats Ro, that was quick!  Hope your 9 months is easy and quick  original.gif

Well I can't believe it's June next week, this year is flying by.  I looked at Zac tonight and thought wow he is a little boy now.  I took him to a dance/music type class last week and he got all shy and just stared at everyone.  Then he found a kids chair and sat on it for the whole class!  Its the longest I've ever seen him sit still  rolleyes.gif

We thought he had broken his nose last week as he fell into the kitchen cupboard door (or was he pushed by a certain brother of his, the jury's still out) and had a huge bruise across his nose and it was swollen too.  Anyway the GP said it's probably too soft to break anyway but it looked okay to him.

Cute things he does at the moment is if I whisper he whispers back and he's just started playing with cars and making the brrrrrrmm noise too  wub.gif

Not much news this end, just working away and trying to keep up with house work and entertain these two boys.  Oh yeah one good thing, hope I don't jinx things but Zac seems to be dropping his 4am feed at last!  I haven't given him a bottle for nearly a week now as when he wakes up I just put his dummy back in or he is asleep when I get to him with the bottle so I take it away again.  Maybe just maybe I will start getting a solid nights sleep until 6am soon.  First time since early pregnancy!  Are many others still feeding overnight?  Lori, how's your sleep going?

Anyways must get off, hope you all have a nice weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.